/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is Love ?

jannat
11-05-2007, 06:49 PM
:salamext:

this is a very subjective question but "what is love"..
how do you know that ur truly in love with someone before marriage..Does love exist before marriage?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
11-05-2007, 06:52 PM
:sl:

IMHO, love doesn't exist at all. I haven't experienced it; and I don't think I ever will. It's one of the things I despise. EDITED ADDITION: Because it is very confusing.

:w:

~Taalibah~
11-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Love does exist, in many ways too. A muslim loves Allah Ta'aala more and before everything else. He loves Rasulullah Salallahu Alayhe Wasallam too. Thereafter the worldly.

------
11-05-2007, 07:31 PM

It exists. It's like, u can't describe it in words. Dunno lol some1 else will be able to explain better Inshaa Allaah...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Taalibah~
11-05-2007, 07:45 PM
In connection with marriage i would think it will slowly build after marriage. Uhh but someone who knows should reply...:D

------
11-05-2007, 07:54 PM

Does love exist before marriage?
As for the answer to that, Yes. Islamically, It shouldn't, coz ur not supposed to have contact with the non-mehram and that, but nevertheless, it DOES exist before marriage.

How do you know it's love? Well....You just know. It's a feeling apart from all the other feelings than you've ever felt.

There are different extents that people can go upto, in different types of love:

a)There is being patient in love, and waiting for the person.
b)There is talking to the person on the phone, texting, etc. and you feel as if you cannot live without that person.
c)Some people (Astagfirullah), go upto the extent of harming themselves, inflicting self-harm, and even going on to commit suicide, because they cannot wait for that person.

Oh I dunno lol I've tried to explain it as much as I think I could.... *rollseyes* but I think you get the general jist of it....

جوري
11-05-2007, 08:07 PM
love is a little bit of crab juice and add a touch of Baklava and a 13% self-reformation.. for instance, if you hated cooking growing up, there is a 13% chance you'll change that rule in the first two years of marriage which is to say when the honey moon will be officially over and you are now annoyed that he squeezes the toothpaste from the middle and doesn't change the tissue roll when it has reached the end..

I kid of course, I made this totally up just for fun..
I don't know that anyone can answer that question for you, it is one of life's most complex...emotions are very complex.. don't let the atheists tell you otherwise.. but whatever it is, I sincerely hope you find what you are looking for insha'Allah

:w:

nebula
11-05-2007, 08:11 PM
well love is when u get shot with the cupid....

well i think love is... Love has many different meanings in English, from something that gives a little pleasure ("I loved that meal") to something one would die for (patriotism, pairbonding). It can describe an intense feeling of affection, an emotion or an emotional state. In ordinary use, it usually refers to interpersonal love. Probably due to its psychological relevance, love is one of the most common themes in art.

Thank you good night

------
11-05-2007, 08:52 PM

how do you know that ur truly in love with someone before marriage..
There are 2 views on this.
1) You don't. Life's a risk.
2) You want to sacrifice eveyrthing for them.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-05-2007, 09:02 PM
:sl:

Yes, love exists in Islaam, and the scholars have written on this topic, and the Messenger saw himself has spoken about it. In fact, Love between spouses is mentioned as one of the greatest Signs of Allaah in the Qur'an. It is more than possible for someone to fall in love before marriage, you however will not be held accountable for falling in love, as love is out of our control, but you will be held accountable for how you react to it, and the best option for the two who are in love is marriage. The Messenger saw said: “For those who love each other, nothing has proven as good as marriage.” (Sunan Ibn Majah)

Insha'Allaah you can read the following for more information:

http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...fiqh-love.html
http://islamicink.wordpress.com/2007...-love-for-her/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.