/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hadiths based on Ramadan...

Bint Al Muslim
09-19-2005, 08:29 AM
Ramadan...(Hadiths)

The messenger of Allah (saws) reported in a hadith al-Qudsi that Allah (swt) said:
"All acts done by the sons of Adam are meant for him, except fasting. It is exclusively meant for Me, and I (alone) will reward him for it" (Bukhari and Muslim)

"He who does not desist from obscene language and acting obscenely (during the period of fasting), Allah has no need that he did not eat or drink." (Bukhari, Muslim)

In another hadith by Abu Hurairah (raa), the Prophet (saas) said: "Fasting is not only to restrain from food and drink, fasting is to refrain from obscene (acts). If someone verbally abuses you or acts ignorantly towards you, say (to them) 'I am fasting; I am fasting.” (Ibn Khuzaimah)
It has been reported by the way of Abu Hurairah (raa) that the Prophet (saas) reported that Allah (swt) said in a Hadith Al-Qudsi:

"All services of the son of Adam are for him except fasting. It is for Me, and I will reward him for it. Fasting is a shield. On the day you fast, do not use obscenity, nor yell at others, nor act ignorantly towards them. However, if anyone abuses you verbally or attempts to draw you to fight with him, say 'I am fasting' two times.

The Prophet (saws) then states: I swore by the One (Allah) in Whose Hand is the soul of Muhammad, the breath of the faster is sweeter to Allah on the Day of Judgment than the scent of musk. The faster experiences enjoyment twice: he is pleased when he breaks his fast, and he is pleased when he meets his Maker" (Muslim)
Abu Hurairah (raa) relates the Messenger of Allah (saas) said when one Ramadan came: "A blessed month has arrived. Observing it in fasting is mandated on you (the believers). During this month, the gates of Paradise will be opened and the gates of Hellfire will be closed. The evil ones (Shayaatin) will be handcuffed. In it there is one night, during which worship is better than worship in a thousand months. Whoever is denied its blessings has been denied the biggest blessing." (Ahmed, Nasaae, and Bayhaqi)
Amir bin Al-As reported that the messenger of Allah (saws) said "Indeed as to the one who fasts, during the time he breaks his fast, this supplication will not be turned away by Allah."
As reported by Al-Tirmidhi, the Messenger of Allah (saws) has been reported as saying: "There are three categories of people whose supplications will not be rejected: the person who observes the fast until he breaks it, a just ruler, and a person who has been oppressed."

Anas (raa) related that the Messenger of Allah said: "Take your early morning meal for in that is a blessing." (Bukhari, Muslim)
In another report by Miqdam bin Ma'a Diyikarib (raa) the Messenger of Allah (saas) said: "Take this early morning meal for it is a blessed meal." (Bukhari, Muslim)

Abu Sa'eed Al-Khudri (raa) the Messenger of Allah (saas) said, "Sahuur is a blessed meal, do not neglect it even if it is a mouthful of drink. For Allah and the Angels bless those who observe it." (Ahmed)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummul hasnayn
09-19-2005, 06:14 PM
assalamu alaykum

mashallah something we can all benifit from

jazakallahu kharion fi dunyah wal akhirah uhkti

Salema
09-19-2005, 07:20 PM
Jazakumullahul-khair..!

sweet_girl
09-20-2005, 08:26 PM
masshaallah. thank u sis may alllah bless u forever

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu-Dalha
09-21-2005, 12:02 PM
JazakAllah for the hadith sister

ummAbdillah
10-02-2005, 05:52 PM
:sl: i fond the hadith below usefull so i wanted to shareit with all of u. ;)
MERITS OF RAMADAN
When we speak of the merits of something (fadl or fadail), we are actually saying the deeds in it are highly recommended and the reward and benefits highly emphasized and guaranteed. I would like to cite several Ahadith that address this issue of fadail, merits of fasting during Ramadan, and filling the entire month with more 'ebadah than any other month.

Abu Hurairah (raa) relates the Messenger of Allah (saas) said when one Ramadan came:

"A blessed month has arrived. Observing it in fasting is mandated on you (the believers). During this month, the gates of Paradise will be opened and the gates of Hellfire will be closed. The evil ones (Shayaatin) will be handcuffed. In it there is one night, during which worship is better than worship in a thousand months. Whoever is denied its blessings has been denied the biggest blessing." (Ahmed, Nasaae, and Bayhaqi)

This hadith is similar to the previous one, except that it emphasizes the importance of being mindful and aware of the rules that govern the 'ebadah of fasting. For one of the key words in every 'ebadah is "muwafaqah Ash-Shari'ie," observing in accordance to the commands of the Lawgiver.

Minr
10-10-2005, 08:16 AM
:sl:

Narrated Abu Huraira

Allah's Apostle said, "When the month of Ramadan starts, the gates of
the heaven are opened and the gates of Hell are closed and the devils
are chained."
(Bukhari vol 3 number 123)

Narrated Ibn Umar

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "When you see the crescent (of the
month of Ramadan), start fasting, and when you see the crescent (of the
month of Shawwal), stop fasting; and if the sky is overcast (and you can't
see it) then regard the month of Ramadan as of 30 days."
(Bukhari vol 3 number 124)

mkhanalizai
10-18-2005, 10:28 AM
:sl: Hadith of the day regarding Night of Power

Whoever stands in prayer on the night of power with Iman and with hope of reward all his previous sins are forgiven. al-Bukhari, Muslim

Look for the night of Power amongst the odd numbered nights of the last ten days of Ramadhan. al-Bukhari

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.