/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Study reveals link between breastfeeding and child IQ

ahsan28
11-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Study reveals link between breastfeeding and child IQ

Independent. UK
Published: 06 November 2007

Babies who are breastfed stand a better chance of becoming intelligent children if they also inherit a version of a gene that is involved in the growth of the brain, researchers have found.

Two large studies of breastfed children confirm that mother’s milk does indeed raise IQ in later life – if combined with a gene involved in the metabolism of fatty acids.

It was already accepted that breastfeeding increases a child’s IQ significantly, but some critics of earlier research pointed out that in the West this may be because higher social classes tend both to breastfeed their children and spend more money on their education than lower social classes. The latest study, published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, claims to have eliminated these |potentially confounding |social factors.

A study has also shown that breastfed babies have a lower risk of developing heart disease. Scientists told the American Heart Association that breastfeeding is linked with lower weight and higher “good” cholesterol levels in adulthood.

http://news.independent.co.uk/health/article3132481.ece

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sevgi
11-06-2007, 12:38 PM
coooolll....

i wasnt breast fed..well much...

but im not so dumb...my other siblings breastfed for like two years and im definitely smarter and have a higher IQ than them...lol...

if i had been breast fed..i couldve been a genius baby:D

thanks for sharing!!!always intresting to read stuff like this...work out why we are so weird...its all the mothers fault!!!:D

peace.

root
11-15-2007, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahsan28
Study reveals link between breastfeeding and child IQ

Independent. UK
Published: 06 November 2007

Babies who are breastfed stand a better chance of becoming intelligent children if they also inherit a version of a gene that is involved in the growth of the brain, researchers have found.
I ponder, A world famous genetecist was totally rebuked and indeed punished for suggesting that intelligence could under any circumstances be atributed to genes.

Perhaps we should read the point again I quoted.

Zarmina
11-20-2007, 08:46 AM
Goes to show... the natural way is the best way. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Camomilla
11-20-2007, 09:01 AM
Masha Allah, this is good, very good!
Subhanallah! :smile:
thanx for the share, Jazakallah Khair!

HunterMan
11-22-2007, 11:34 AM
:sl: and greetings to you

This is exactly what I'm trying to show you, genetics yeah right, the fact of the matter is that the substance that actually gives young babies the raw materials to grow their brains and bodies is cholesterol. The only major and natural source of food for the vulnerable young is mothers milk, the cholesterol, fat, protein and fat soluble vitamins are what the human organism needs to grow smart, healthy, and well developed. Vegans who feed their poor children soy and apple juice are doomed to retardation, physically and mentally and frequently are subjected to death from malnutrition, now just what exactly is missing form the unfortunate vegan child's diet? Animal fat is what is missing, it is simply necessary for human health and development and has never caused harm, those who say not to eat fat are the same who tell innocent mothers not to breast feed their children, it is a complete load of harmful garbage and should be avoided especially by mothers. If you want your child to have a broad face with strait teeth and a robust physique feed them natural fat and animal products, avoid sugar at all costs and inshaallah they will grow to be intelligent and strong adults. For more information you can see my post 'Real Nutrition for Muslims: Don't be fooled, Saturated Fat is Excellent'.

Have a nice day

Camomilla
11-23-2007, 10:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HunterMan
:sl: and greetings to you

This is exactly what I'm trying to show you, genetics yeah right, the fact of the matter is that the substance that actually gives young babies the raw materials to grow their brains and bodies is cholesterol. The only major and natural source of food for the vulnerable young is mothers milk, the cholesterol, fat, protein and fat soluble vitamins are what the human organism needs to grow smart, healthy, and well developed. Vegans who feed their poor children soy and apple juice are doomed to retardation, physically and mentally and frequently are subjected to death from malnutrition, now just what exactly is missing form the unfortunate vegan child's diet? Animal fat is what is missing, it is simply necessary for human health and development and has never caused harm, those who say not to eat fat are the same who tell innocent mothers not to breast feed their children, it is a complete load of harmful garbage and should be avoided especially by mothers. If you want your child to have a broad face with strait teeth and a robust physique feed them natural fat and animal products, avoid sugar at all costs and inshaallah they will grow to be intelligent and strong adults. For more information you can see my post 'Real Nutrition for Muslims: Don't be fooled, Saturated Fat is Excellent'.

Have a nice day
good points :thumbs_up

HunterMan
11-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Thank you sister Camomilla for your kind reply.

I see that you live in Finland, I think its a very nice country and the people seem warm and pleasant as well. I am also aware the Finland contains a number of indigenous Sami or Lapp people, some tribes of them subsist off only their rein deer and derive all their needs from them, they used to live in tents and bore many similarities to that of the plains Indians of America, they were described as slim, broad faced and would stand strait and sharp, they had great strength and endurance allowing them to travel with their herds across treacherous terrain and withstand savage weather as they migrated from season to season. However I don't know if they are losing their culture and way of life because of modernization, although I doubt the Finnish government could be as malicious and harsh as the United States was to the Native Americans, who lost their way of life and rather then eating bison are subsisting of miserable government rations of bleached white flour, coffee and sugar, which caused them to lose their health and strength as well.

Camomilla
11-24-2007, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HunterMan
Thank you sister Camomilla for your kind reply.

I see that you live in Finland, I think its a very nice country and the people seem warm and pleasant as well. I am also aware the Finland contains a number of indigenous Sami or Lapp people, some tribes of them subsist off only their rein deer and derive all their needs from them, they used to live in tents and bore many similarities to that of the plains Indians of America, they were described as slim, broad faced and would stand strait and sharp, they had great strength and endurance allowing them to travel with their herds across treacherous terrain and withstand savage weather as they migrated from season to season. However I don't know if they are losing their culture and way of life because of modernization, although I doubt the Finnish government could be as malicious and harsh as the United States was to the Native Americans, who lost their way of life and rather then eating bison are subsisting of miserable government rations of bleached white flour, coffee and sugar, which caused them to lose their health and strength as well.
:sl:
thank you very much, Jazakallah Khair!
actually things have changed and people are not the same as they were before. I'm actually a foreigner and born as a muslim and Insha Allah die as a muslim, Alhamdulillah!:sunny:
I hope you are all in the best state of health!
:w:

Noor 13
11-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Maybe that was another reason for the WHO to reccomand breastfeeding for two years. SubhanAllah it is written in the Q'ran since 1400 years. Allaho akbar

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.