/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How can you tell.......?

AnonymousPoster
11-06-2007, 05:40 PM
:sl:
How can you tell if you're being punished or just tested?? sometimes i just get fustrated trying to work out why

because if i'm being punished i want to be certain why, so that i can improve for next time,

but if im being tested i want to be certain about that so i don't think i'm being punished for some sins that i haven't done, do you know what i mean

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
NYCmuslim
11-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Peace.

Allah only punishes individuals in the hereafter. In the dunya He tests His believers on the strength of their faith and steadfastness.

You only "punish" yourself in this world by disobeying Allah's laws and the laws of the universe in which He created. For example, if you get drunk drinking alchohol and you kill somebody in a car accident, that is not Allah punishing you for drinking. That consequence is just a natural result of disobeying the natural law that comes with intoxication. I hope that makes sense.

And Allah knows best.

Peace be with you all

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
11-07-2007, 03:37 PM
lol assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

your question made me smile lol !!

i guess you can never know, but instead of concentrating on whether your being punished or tested why not just deal with it with patience.

Think about it, in either case if you cave in you lose out, if you stay patient you gain reward, the reason isnt that important :)

Camomilla
11-07-2007, 03:43 PM
thanx for yall advice,:peace:
thanx for the share, Jazakallah Khair!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
NoName55
11-07-2007, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
How can you tell if you're being punished or just tested?? sometimes i just get fustrated trying to work out why

because if i'm being punished i want to be certain why, so that i can improve for next time,

but if im being tested i want to be certain about that so i don't think i'm being punished for some sins that i haven't done, do you know what i mean
Learn basics of Fiqh (as should every one). Then you will be doing everything as it should be done, then you will be certain that any clamity is a test (not that I believe we are being punished here and now, if that was the case I must be the most punished man on the planet)

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...tml#post815022

aadil77
11-07-2007, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NYCmuslim
Peace.

Allah only punishes individuals in the hereafter. In the dunya He tests His believers on the strength of their faith and steadfastness.

:w:
How can that be true? I've read for sins Allah(swt) can choose whether to delay the punishment or do it now, but for sins like disrespecting parents i've read that Allah(swt) punishes you immediatley

Also if the person is modest, Allah(swt) can choose whether to punish him in this world or in hell, if the person ask for forgiveness

Sahabiyaat
11-07-2007, 05:55 PM
yes i need clarification on this aswell,i have the exact same problem

aadil77
11-07-2007, 06:03 PM
And also what about all the bad things that happen to kuffar, that can't be bad luck it must be Allah (swt) punishment, so i'm sure that people can get punished in this world.

But for muslims it could either be punishment or being tested, but how do we know which?

Medina83
11-07-2007, 06:07 PM
Stop worrying about whether its a test or a punishment only Allah swt knows and you should not question it.

This is all you need to know:

If We let man taste some of Our grace and then take
it away from him -- behold, he abandons all hope,
forgetting all gratitude for Our past favours.
And thus it is: if We let him taste ease and plenty
after hardship has visited him, he is sure to say,
"Gone is all affliction from me!" -- for, behold, he is given to vain exultation, and glories only in himself. And thus it is with most men -- save those who are patient in adversity and do righteous deeds: it is they whom forgiveness of sins awaits, and a great reward.
Hud 11:9-11

AnonymousPoster
11-07-2007, 06:18 PM
salam

You are right sister but if the person does not know that he is being punished because of a sin, then how will it stop?

aadil77
11-07-2007, 06:20 PM
and if the person presumes he is being, tested then what?

Medina83
11-09-2007, 12:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
salam

You are right sister but if the person does not know that he is being punished because of a sin, then how will it stop?
if you are sinning and you know it then stop it
if you are unsure if the bad things are happening because of some sin you are unsure of what it might be then examine your life and just try to make it better

in these ways you should just improve yourself so that if its a punishment maybe you have stopped doing the bad thing or if its a test that you react well to it. Simple as that.

Regardless of whether its a punishment or test we should be always trying to improve and always facing hard times with faith trust in Allah swt and asking only Him for help and being calm with those who might make us angry

Muezzin
11-09-2007, 12:36 PM
To take a more pragmatic view - don't drive yourself insane with such questions. We all get frustrated with problems, but the key is to navigate through them constructively.

omar_2133
11-09-2007, 05:01 PM
I agree with Muezzin. There are two ways of looking at your so-called "problems".

(1) You can look at it pessimistically, as depressive and quinitiessntially negative

(2) You can adopt a positive outlook and instead of viewing them as "problems" as such, view them as "challenges". There is no problem in the world, you can't truly solve.

With a positive outlook of these "challenges", you are more likely to galvanize yourself into delivering a solution, and therefore react more appropiately to the situation, than if you see them as problems, which cannot be solved, when really that's not the case:).

sevgi
11-09-2007, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
To take a more pragmatic view - don't drive yourself insane with such questions. We all get frustrated with problems, but the key is to navigate through them constructively.
thats like almost exactly what IbnAbdulHakim said...but worded better:X

peace dudes...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!