/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice to some1 whos lost a loved one

AnonymousPoster
11-06-2007, 09:43 PM
imsad a close friend of mine has lost someone close to them 1month ago n cant get over it and is missing them loads. i dont know what to say what advice can i give my friend. want to be there for them :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Hurairah
11-06-2007, 11:54 PM
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

Subhan Allah sis that's real sad.

May Allah grant him/her Janat-ul-Firdos. Ameen.

May Allah give his/her loved ones sabr. Ameen.

May Allah save him/her from the punishments of the grave. Ameen.

Tell your friend to make a lot of duaa and prayer Insha Allah.

Also remind your friend of this:

"Inna nillahi wa inna ilaihi wa inna ilaihi ragi'oon."

"To Allah we belong; and to Him we shall return."

Everyone will die one day, sooner or later.

anonymous
11-07-2007, 12:49 AM
:sl:

Firstly,I'd like to begin by saying "Ameen" to Um Hurairah's du'ahs.Secondly,I think I could help you out since I myself have been in a similiar situation not so long ago(a few months ago).In this type of situation,there's no advice you can really give,but being there for your friend is one of the most important things you can do,and although he/she might not say it at the moment,im sure they appreciate your support greatly.

Allah(SWT) has written a time for each of us,inna lilahi wa ilahi raji3oon is the perfect reminder that we belong to he(SWT) and to he(SWT) we shall return...there's no stopping or preventing what Allah(SWT) has already chosen for us.Yes it's difficult,but your friend must learn to accept that this was their time to go(yes,easier said then done),and to know that that person does not belong to us,but to Allah(SWT)...so we really have no claim over it.

Tell your friend to recite surat Al-Mulk,Yaseen and Al-Fatiha,which are all good for the deceased.Also,if your friend is able to,let them research and learn about death in Islam,because understand it can help you accept it.

I was always told that we should always remember death,so to not get too attached with this world.

Also,try to help your friend open-up,tell you how they feel,if not you then a family member...anyone,as long as they let it out.

I've read numerous time on this board and elsewhere that Allah(SWT) doesn't send us difficulties which he(SWT) knows we cannot handle.

Lastly,this life is short,only Allah(SWT) knows what will happen toomarrow,so always follow Islam as best as you can.

Inna lil'ahi wa ilahi raji3oon.

:w:

P.S Du'ahs help too. :)

snakelegs
11-07-2007, 06:24 AM
being there for a person is the greatest gift you can give. there really isn't anything to say - it's about being there and listening.
you do not "get over it" when someone you love dies. time gradually dulls the pain, but it never really goes away. i lost someone very close 11 years ago and not a day goes by that i don't miss her.
in our culture (u.s.) there is much pressure to get over it, go back to work and act like a happy robot. we do not allow for proper grieving, which makes the whole process take even longer. it's not healthy.
continue to be there and continue to listen. your friend is fortunate to have you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.