/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salam

thydavidcome
11-07-2007, 03:42 AM
My introduction

I am a shia (****te) Muslim, and perhaps one of the few who actually post on this site. I was born a Muslim I can read and write Arabic. I've began to really study Islam for the past 5 years or so. I am a Siad (direct descendant of the prophet). I am interested with discussing Islam with other people so I began looking for Islamic forums. Most are filled with ignorant morons who converted a month ago and pretend that they are as knowledgeable as Prophet Muhammad (S.A.S) himself. I won't be surprised if this site will have the same level of egotistical jackasses, But I hope for the best. I hope we can discus things in Islam without getting offended or offencive towards each other. I hope this is a site were my beliefs wont be insulted. I hope this is a site where I can quote the Quran made by God himself and not get harassed and banned (gawaher). I hope this is a site were Muslims can positively interact without getting harassed. I'm hopeful, but who knows...It's only been the opposite for the past 14 sites. By the way I enjoy discussing controversial things. So I'll give my self a week before everyone hates me and probably get banned. Lets see how my first week goes.

-Good lord I rambled again,
-Thank you for reading.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-07-2007, 03:51 AM
welcome to the forum..
Enjoy your stay at LI..unfortunately, this isn't a 'secaterian' forum..you'll find that the words will automatically have a ***** where a sect is mentioned...
we hope you'll learn from us, us from you and perhaps we can examine why you hold certain beliefs?..for instance can you trace back your family tree to the prophet Mohammed (p) as to idenitfy yourself as a direct descendent?

our reverts here are wonderful and deeply respectedlearned and learning people as are the rest of us..none of us on board are scholars thus what you might deem 'ignorant' or 'moronic' is perhaps an adequate assessment of self rather than leading others astray by feigning knowledge in areas outside the sphere of expertise...

well with that said
welcome aboard and enjoy your stay..

:w:

Woodrow
11-07-2007, 04:03 AM
:sl:

welcome to the forums. You will find that many of us here are reverts, and we do appreciate knowledgeable new members as many of us still have much to learn.

So please, enjoy yourself, Share what you know, teach what you can and perhaps learn a little about us reverts.

thydavidcome
11-07-2007, 04:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
:sl:

welcome to the forums. You will find that many of us here are reverts, and we do appreciate knowledgeable new members as many of us still have much to learn.

So please, enjoy yourself, Share what you know, teach what you can and perhaps learn a little about us reverts.
:D I like this forum already

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul-Raouf
11-07-2007, 08:00 AM

*~Sofia~*
11-07-2007, 08:12 AM
Salam brother,

welcome to the LI family, i hope u benefit from ur stay inshallah.

explore the forums, take part in the many discussions n do enjoy :D

Im sure u will love this site, it's great! I have learnt lots here mashallah and the people here are really honestly good people, they have helped me out many times when i was in need.. :happy:

Anyway do enjoy ur stay..and do get postin!

:w:

UmmSqueakster
11-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Maybe you need to work on your delivery. Adab is apparently a lost art these days.

“O you who believe, let no men scorn other men, for they might well be better than they are. And let no women scorn other women, for they might well be better than they. And do not find fault with one another, or give each other insulting nicknames” (Qur’an 49:11)

“Woe to whoever demeans others behind their back or to their face” (Qur’an 104:1)

UmmSqueakster
11-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Also wanted to add that from my own personal experiences, converts often know a great deal more than those who were raised in muslim families, because we chose this faith and read anything we can get our hands on.

My own husband will often tell me that one day soon, I'll be teaching him this deen :giggling:

thydavidcome
11-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Here let me fix your post

format_quote Originally Posted by Janaan
Also wanted to add that from my own personal experiences,SOME converts often know a great deal more than those who were raised in muslim families, because we chose this faith and read anything we can get our hands on.

My own husband will often tell me that one day soon, I'll be teaching him this deen :giggling:
Problems come up though. You read all these hadiths without experience to really say "Oh this is legit" or "This is false or artificially inflated"

Danah
11-08-2007, 07:49 AM
welcome to the forum brother, hope you will get benifit here and find what you are looking for in sha allah.
in sha allah you will enjoy discussing here

snakelegs
11-08-2007, 08:30 AM
[MOUSE]welcome![/MOUSE]

ummzayd
11-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Salaam to you and welcome to the forum - anyone looking for a fight can find one here, but if you're looking for respectful and intelligent discussion with people from all kinds of backgrounds and with all kinds of beliefs, that can also be found here insha'Allah.

so I'm curious about your name. what does it mean to you?

peace

UmmSqueakster
11-08-2007, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by thydavidcome
Here let me fix your post
It's rather presumptious of you to correct my own personal experiences, unless of course, you are a mind reader. In my experience, many converts know a great deal more than those who were raised muslim.

Problems come up though. You read all these hadiths without experience to really say "Oh this is legit" or "This is false or artificially inflated"
Another presumption. While some converts do fall into that trap, a good many seek out people of knowledge from which to learn.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
11-08-2007, 06:29 PM

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.