/* */

PDA

View Full Version : At least 7 dead in Finland school shootings

Al-Zaara
11-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Often one thinks "this just happens elsewhere in the world"...

At least seven people died today when a gunman opened fire at a school in southern Finland.
The shooting at the Jokela High School in Tuusula came just hours after a video was posted on the YouTube website predicting a school massacre.
The YouTube video shows a photo of a school that appears to be Jokela High School. The photo then fragments to reveal a red-tinted picture of a man pointing a gun at the camera. The clip, entitled 'Jokela High School Massacre - 11/7/2007', was posted by a user called Sturmgeist89. "Sturmgeist" means storm spirit in German.
... Continued.

Source

There are news also in BBC and FOX etc...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
namr777
11-08-2007, 08:56 AM
The world doesn't realize that in order to have perfect peace, they need something stronger than democracy... remember democracy ends at the doorsteps of every home, what happens in the home could be fatal to society... the neglection of the existence of Allah, may make a person's heart weak to many decisions... example: shooting other fellow mates :^(

Suomipoika
11-08-2007, 10:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by namr777
The world doesn't realize that in order to have perfect peace, they need something stronger than democracy... remember democracy ends at the doorsteps of every home, what happens in the home could be fatal to society... the neglection of the existence of Allah, may make a person's heart weak to many decisions... example: shooting other fellow mates :^(
What a fine moment to take weak cheap shots at other peoples beliefs. Ironically the shooter was into everything but democracy. He idolised Stalin, Hitler and Darwin (now there's a group I didnt expect to see compiled together).

This is just one incident, its not like people dont kill, rape and murder in islamic countires. Just recently there was thread about a rape or somesuch where 5 people were executed in islamic country. If we should throw away our way of life because of one incident, shoulndt you too?

Anyway, your post is very insulting and I had to bite my lip and ended up deleting most what I said.

Camomilla
11-08-2007, 11:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suomipoika
What a fine moment to take weak cheap shots at other peoples beliefs. Ironically the shooter was into everything but democracy. He idolised Stalin, Hitler and Darwin (now there's a group I didnt expect to see compiled together).

This is just one incident, its not like people dont kill, rape and murder in islamic countires. Just recently there was thread about a rape or somesuch where 5 people were executed in islamic country. If we should throw away our way of life because of one incident, shoulndt you too?

Anyway, your post is very insulting and I had to bite my lip and ended up deleting most what I said.
Nobody didn't say anything about other religions.
And what is insulting about his post?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Suomipoika
11-08-2007, 11:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Camomilla
Nobody didn't say anything about other religions.
And what is insulting about his post?
I didnt say religion either.

Lets try imaginary scenario:

A muslim in islamic country goes on a rampage that kills several children. Then another person with holier than thou attitude comes in and says, all of it is fault because how you life, because of islam, and if you adopted my belief then this would not happen. Despite the fact, this islamic country has not seen such acts hardly ever.

Keltoi
11-08-2007, 03:29 PM
It doesn't matter what form of government or what religion is predominant. There are always those psychos out there that will commit senseless crimes, regardless of their ideology.

Umm Hurairah
11-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

Subhan Allah. :'( :'( :'(

May Allah guide us all. Ameen.

Cognescenti
11-08-2007, 04:04 PM
I am decidely not Finnish and I found Namr's post insulting. Perhaps he meant well but it is clealry patronizing and indirectly demeans Finnish values.

Does anyone here really believe that there is any society on the Earth that condones the slaughter of innocent high school kids?

The shooter had bad chemicals in his brain. There are people with bad chemicals in their brains all over the world. It is a biological fact not a cultural one. Islam, like most other organized religions, helps to socialize and normalize the behavior of the troubled, but it cannot make bad chemicals go away completely. I will stop there because I am starting to get angry and you are not going to like what else I have to say about the salubrious effect of certain religions on the behavior of its adherents.

Al-Zaara
11-08-2007, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by namr777
Well brother namr, I can sense you meant well and us as Muslims believe people lack of something when they do not believe in God - But that's not the key point which makes people do these kinds of things. Born and raised Muslims, have also done much much horrible stuff, and I don't believe it had to do if they believed in God or not.

He was into Stalin, Hitler and Darwin, he had extreme views and he found that people are better off dead. He even chose the day to do this the same day the Bolshevik coup in Russia happened, year 1917.

format_quote Originally Posted by Suomipoika

I'm very sorry you got so insulted, please don't take it too much to heart, inshaAllah.

format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
It doesn't matter what form of government or what religion is predominant. There are always those psychos out there that will commit senseless crimes, regardless of their ideology.
Exactly!!

Muezzin
11-09-2007, 12:58 PM
The shooter wasn't just a nutter. He was a bullied one.

And before people start objecting and think I'm taking the side of a murderer (I'm not), what I'm saying is the Columbine kids were also victimised and outcasts, as was the Virginia tech guy to an extent. And that stuff was blamed on movies and video games (yawn). I'm not sure exactly how many more school massacres have to occur before the powers that be address the real issue - that is, helping victimised kids out if there is any indication they are being victimised, rather than turning a blind eye and risking having them go homicidal, or suicidal, or both. Prevention is better than the cure.

But because teachers and parents have had their teeth removed in regards to disciplining bullies, we get stuff like this. Sure, it's rare for a victimised kid to go homicidal, but while that's a nice statistic, it's no consolation to those who have lost loved ones in such tragedies.

I have no idea what amount of suffering the survivors and the families of those murdered are going through, but I hope they find the strength to get through their ordeal.

~Taalibah~
11-09-2007, 01:31 PM
:sl:
I'm sorry to her that. Here in South Africa it has happens too:(

Originally Posted by Keltoi
Thats true.

namr777
11-09-2007, 04:19 PM
I'm sorry if my post has been misunderstood... But to clarify, i'm not doing any insulting here to anybody, i'm just pointing the fact, that democracy, is good but yet the much freedom got a gun into the child's hand.... And i'm not talking about any Muslim country today as an example (they aren't).... But the true ideal Muslim nation (which doesn't exist... today) Anyways, coming to the point, a kid with that type of thinking does have an entourage and a family.... Hence, their role isn't just to be there, but to support each other and watch over others... Clearly something lacking in the scenario of that kid... And again i'm not using any reference to a better country because sadly, they aren't today .... :^(

Mashallah!

Camomilla
11-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Let us thank Allah(SWT) for protecting us and that we are alive, Alhamdulillah!

Pk_#2
11-10-2007, 11:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Camomilla
Let us thank Allah(SWT) for protecting us and that we are alive, Alhamdulillah!
Yeah,

May Allah guide us all. Ameen.
Ameen!

Innalillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon.

Suomipoika
11-10-2007, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
The shooter wasn't just a nutter. He was a bullied one.
According to his childhood friend and a classmate he wasnt bullied. I could give you a half dozen links but they are all in finnish. Tho to be honest what is really true and what isnt is starting to get bit confusing in the yellow press.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.