/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you make your parents happy?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-08-2007, 12:01 AM
What usually works for you or has worked for you?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Hurairah
11-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

These things really make my parents happy :D:D:D

~ wake my siblings up for school

~ make breakfast while my mother is sleeping

~ do the dishes without being asked *cough*

~ make tea

~ clean my annoying brother's room

My mother is really easy to please Alhamdulillah and her duaas are sooo sweet (sometimes embarrassing)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Masha'Allah great tips.

Al-Zaara
11-08-2007, 06:08 AM
Selam aleykum wa rahmetallahu wa barakathu,

- Pray the daily namaaz, makes both of my parents very happy

- Get good grades, both parents get veeery satisfied (and happy)

- Cleaning in general makes my mother very, very happy. (Our home is almost always shining clean elhamdulillah)

- Make chai/tea for them. :D lol and serve it the old traditional way

- Be in the livingroom with them to watch TV for example, instead of being alone on our room...

---

There's more, but I'm too tired to remember. lol My parents are quite easily pleased, it's those little things that matter most in the end kinda. :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
11-08-2007, 07:46 AM
:sl:
just listen to them. not neccesarily in what they tell you to do, but even with thier stories that you have no interest in, and that aren't really relevant to you. just sit there and give them your full attention.

Danah
11-08-2007, 08:02 AM
immmm......
I think try to do what they want before they ask (you will surprised them this way)

waking up my brother to alfager prayer insted of litting my mom to do that (because it is very difficult to wake him up)

if I see them sad, dont be sad like them but try to be happy and laugh to make them feel better

show them that they are the best in my life not ignoring them

Umm Hurairah
11-08-2007, 03:35 PM

~ iron clothes :X

~ take care of my siblings so my parents can go somewhere :D

~ *try* to teach my lil bro and sis the Quran and some surahs :exhausted

~ share my accessories, clothes, jewelry with my sis before she complains :raging:

~ help my sister with her homework :sunny:

IbnAbdulHakim
11-08-2007, 03:43 PM
How do you make your parents happy?
i just dont know :( :'(

Pk_#2
11-08-2007, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Innay.. ^^ Now we hopefully do :o|

-If i tidied my bedroom
-If i helped out
-If i was ...

Whatever, notice the 'ifs' :embarrass I'm trying.

I dun wana hug them dou @ umm hurairah 8-)

IbnAbdulHakim
11-08-2007, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Innay.. ^^ Now we hopefully do :o|

-If i tidied my bedroom
i get dissed if i dont, if i do then its normal

-If i helped out
same as above

-If i was ...
lol nothing works,

if someone works out how to make em happy let me kno, i got her loadsa stuff and she dissed me for spending money lol

Umm Hurairah
11-08-2007, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
I dun wana hug them dou @ umm hurairah 8-)

Why not? :uuh:

I hug my parents all the time (actually most of the time I only hug my mother :embarrass)

Plus if I make my mother happy enough she makes me "biryani". :D:D:D

if someone works out how to make em happy let me kno, i got her loadsa stuff and she dissed me for spending money lol

*clears throat*

~ do da dishes (My bro does so and he gets da best duaas from my mother. :cry:)

~ iron clothes

~ make tea

~ wake up before your parents and cook something

I'll think of more Insha Allah. :D:D:D

Al-Zaara
11-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Selam aleykum,

Serious?? You can't remember anything you've done that has made them happy? Wow. :-[

LOL My mother would react the same way. :p

Brother, you know your mother and father better than us, lol, shouldn't you know? Everybody is different, so I can't give much advice, other than hugging once every blue moon makes many parents go: (heart) + (hug) = ^o), which is kinda cute. :D

Umm Hurairah
11-08-2007, 04:10 PM

I give my parents a hug every night 'cuz I never know if it'll be my last hug or not....:D:D:D

IbnAbdulHakim
11-08-2007, 04:12 PM
^ well she gets happy when you remember the lil things, like gettin her the milk she likes, or gettin her biscuits when its running out etc etc.

i guess its paying close attention to her special lil things which makes her happy...

Ali.
11-08-2007, 07:18 PM

Most things Alhamdulilah. Such as;

.Getting good test results (one of the biggest motivators for my parents :P)
.Telling them jokes.
.Being good, polite, praying, reading Qu'ran etc., that makes them proud :).

And I can't think of anymore, Insha'Allah I will, soon :D.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-09-2007, 04:45 AM
^ well she gets happy when you remember the lil things, like gettin her the milk she likes, or gettin her biscuits when its running out etc etc.

i guess its paying close attention to her special lil things which makes her happy...
brother, even if on the outside she dosn't seem to appreciate it, trust me, i think on the inside she does. she only says those things, because she knows you can tolerate it. have you noticed how parents dont snap at their children who back chat, speak back, treat them badly, etc.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2007, 09:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
brother, even if on the outside she dosn't seem to appreciate it, trust me, i think on the inside she does. she only says those things, because she knows you can tolerate it. have you noticed how parents dont snap at their children who back chat, speak back, treat them badly, etc.
yes sis thats true, i actually know a mother right now whos changed the way she behaves out of fear of the way her children will behave. Audhubillah... may Allah save us from ever causing such harm to our mothers !

Ummu Sufyaan
11-09-2007, 10:16 AM
may Allah save us from ever causing such harm to our mothers !
ameen!

Al-Zaara
11-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Selam aleykum,

Now I remember another things which makes them happy...

- When I shut up..

:X :X :X

sevgi
11-09-2007, 01:21 PM

i pay the bills...mow the lawn..do the cooking and cleaning and take care of my lil bro n sis...

inshallah they are happy with me...

:w:

Umm Hurairah
11-09-2007, 01:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Selam aleykum,

Now I remember another things which makes them happy...

- When I shut up..

:X :X :X
Waalaikumusalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

lol sis it's the opposite for me. :p My mother gets soooo happy when I talk while there is someone other than my family in my house. :-[

I barely talk so when I do talk my mother practically does a victory dance in her motherly way. ^o) :X

IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2007, 01:36 PM
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

my mother complains when we talk too much, but at the same time when we leave i have heard that she complains that the house has become too quiet :X

ahsan28
11-09-2007, 01:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
just listen to them. not neccesarily in what they tell you to do, but even with thier stories that you have no interest in, and that aren't really relevant to you. just sit there and give them your full attention.
I think that is the key, if you do that, your all mistakes and blunders can be overlooked :D

IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2007, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahsan28
I think that is the key, if you do that, your all mistakes and blunders can be overlooked :D
lol you'd think that wouldnt you

all the blunders are overlooked anyway, it is rare to find a parent whos heart doesnt forgive even if the outward actions appear otherwise :)

Alhamdulillah

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah

~Taalibah~
11-09-2007, 01:52 PM
From my experience i know that to listen and obey my parents makes them very happy. Not to complain/squeal, help with the housework too.

i also found that when i child lies to them it makes a parent very unhappy.

IbnAbdulHakim
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

my mother complains when we talk too much, but at the same time when we leave i have heard that she complains that the house has become too quiet
:D That is very true!

Al-Zaara
Selam aleykum,

Now I remember another thing which makes them happy...

- When I shut up..
Lol, yes that is so!

Jayda
11-09-2007, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
What usually works for you or has worked for you?
hola

this is a good (complicated) question...

i think my parents are pleased when i make good decisions and when i remain faithful to the principles, morals and practices they taught me.

que Dios te bendiga

cute123
05-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Wov! love to see all good daughters and sons around. I use to surprize them by giving gifts. Like the best mother in the world, the best father in the world .

Ansariyah
09-18-2008, 11:52 AM
It's all about lowering the wing of mercy to them.

I just listen when I did something wrong, so when they're speaking I just lower my head and I get really quiet..and before u know it they are hugging me feeling sorry for me. lol...So I mastered this art hehe.

At the end of the day, Our Parents like us (siblings) all to get along and show each other LOVE n 2 not desert one another..they say if we do that they will die happy and that they will make dua for us.

.: Jannati :.
09-18-2008, 01:22 PM
:salamext:,

I could write loads and loads on this but I guess its just important to remember and identify that anything good you do will make them happy ..afterall when they witness that their efforts to provide us with the best of teachings have not gone to waste as they see it in our characters, the way we interact with others and how we deal with situations in life...
only then will they truly feel rewarded

Our parents love us very much Subhan'Allah even a smile can change the daily troubles that they go through and just remind them of how all thier struggles to bring us up were/are worth every moment. Sometimes we don't like the attitudes that they have to certain things in life, but when that happens we just simply forget that they're only seeing our best interest at heart..if they fail to understand us, its because we've not understood them.

Subhan'Allah where would we be without our parents..Its harder for girls I think..knowing that you'll have to leave them one day..but then again, you know that while you prevail your care and love for someone elses parents, they'll be very proud of you and truly feel the fruits of the blessing that you are to them, as you become a blessing for others..

I'm very dependent on my parents for everything, mostly emotional support :-[ when I cry about everything and anything :exhausted they're always there to give me courage and pick me up! to tell me that its ok, and wipe away my tears to face another day...

to the world I will probably seem like the strongest of poeple but when it comes to my parents I'm weak, I seriously need them just like we all do and Alhamdulillah for Allah blessing me with the two most wonderful parents in this world!
Rabbir Ham Huma Kama Rabba yani Sagheera......"O Allah! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was small." (17:24) ...Aameen..

truemuslim
09-18-2008, 01:47 PM
lol this is very hard....i mean very.

emm...

1. if i do the dishes without being asked to...actually its because i cant stand it at times - i dont get dua for it tho, i just get a "wow your doing the dishes? who told u? " lol who said anyone told me?!

2. clean up my brothers room (which has 3month old coke spilled and spoons stuck to the carpet!!) - actually my brother comes home and yells at me because then he "cant" find his clothes when the room is clean. strange.

3. Mow the lawn - my dad pays me, but the money ends up wit my brothers anyway.

4. not die????

er i dunno everything i just named prety much makes ME happy.........including the cleaning up my brothers room coz he got this stereo system which OWNSSS. and his room smells like axe :) .

Soulja Girl
09-18-2008, 01:58 PM

Being good & listenin to them... Or in my case, being krazy & makin em laugh... Does the trick. :)

:w:

WomanOfJihad
09-18-2008, 11:52 PM
Getting alllllllll the house chores done makes my mum happy n stres free

Being obedient to the elders n respecting them n looking after the old ones make my dad pleased

Sahabiyaat
09-19-2008, 08:23 PM
with my mum, its housework, cooking, cleaning etc... and just being tidy really.This is harder than it sounds lol.

Its harder to please my dad,if he likes something he wont say , so far, the only thing that pleases him is doing well in your education and praying, neither for which he expresses any implicit indication of being pleased.Thats the only 2 things, apart from that nothing really.

A_Way_Of_Life
09-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Salam

-Cleaning the house makes them happy
-Getting good grades makes them happy
-Helping them makes them happy

and many other things make them happy.

Na7lah
09-19-2008, 08:36 PM
don't kno they're usually always happy :-[

F0z14
09-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Ive recently started wearing my hijaab and alhamdulilah my parents are very happy as they have been wanting me to dress modestly for years! and ofcourse praying 5times, being a good Muslimah and helping around the house whenever i can

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.