/* */

PDA

View Full Version : explantion of Ayah 10, surat al-insaan

Ummu Sufyaan
11-08-2007, 03:35 AM
:sl:
i was reading this the other day, and found it very interesting. so i thought id share. i put t in this section because it was the linguistic meanings that were of interest.
[إِنَّا نَخَافُ مِن رَّبِّنَا يَوْماً عَبُوساً قَمْطَرِيراً ]

(Verily, We fear from our Lord a Day that is `Abus and Qamtarir.) meaning, `we only do this so that perhaps Allah may have mercy on us and treat us with gentleness on the Day that is `Abus and Qamtarir.' `Ali bin Abi Talhah reported from Ibn `Abbas, "`Abus means difficult and Qamtarir means long.'' `Ikrimah and others said from Ibn Abbas,

[يَوْماً عَبُوساً قَمْطَرِيراً]

(a Day that is `Abus and Qamtarir (hard and distressful, that will make the faces look horrible from extreme dislike to it.)) "The disbeliever will frown on that day until sweat will flow between his eyes like tar.'' Mujahid said, "Abus `Abis means (frowning with) the two lips and Qamtarir means drawing up the face in a scowl.'' Sa`id bin Jubayr and Qatadah said, "Faces will be made to frown due to dismay. Qamtarir is the contraction of the forehead and what is between the two eyes due to dismay.'' Ibn Zayd said, " `Abus is the evil and Qamtarir is the severity.''
Source
:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Safiya
11-08-2007, 05:51 PM
wa 'alaykis-salâm wa rahmatullâh

Jazâkillâhu khayran ukhtî..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.