/* */

PDA

View Full Version : saudi

Ummu Sufyaan
11-08-2007, 11:51 AM
:sl:
well i've had this dream for awhile that inshallah i'll be taking up residancy in mecca (or the least ill settle for is media). however, ive been told that its really hard to get saudi citizenship, and also ive head that saudi people are quite arrogant. no matter how much i love the place, i cannot see myself living amoung people like that. so can anyone who has ben to saudi or lives/lived there particually mecca and medina (but especially mecca) please tell me what its like, and what the poeple are like (arrogant, easy going, etc), and just the enviroment in general, eg, weather, etc.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
11-08-2007, 03:35 PM

I've heard (and noticed) that in Madinah the people are just sooo nice and calm and easygoing Mashallah, wheras in Makkah you get all sorts of people..i know that if i had the chance i would definetly go for Madinah.

On the downside i've also heard that some arabs are very racist :(

Allahu A'lam

syilla
11-08-2007, 03:37 PM
:salamext:

i think when we are there...we don't really be bothered about others.

We just overwhelmed with the ka'abah, the stories related to it and etc.

Don't think to much about the 'bad' part...just enjoy the things you are experiencing.

Ibn Al Aqwa
11-08-2007, 08:41 PM
yeh getting the visa is a big big problem :X

you probably have to have a profession that is in demand over there :X

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sudais1
11-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Or you can go to Umm Al Qura but you need Mahram :ooh:

Ummu Sufyaan
11-09-2007, 04:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by <Abdullah>

I've heard (and noticed) that in Madinah the people are just sooo nice and calm and easygoing Mashallah, wheras in Makkah you get all sorts of people..i know that if i had the chance i would definetly go for Madinah.

On the downside i've also heard that some arabs are very racist :(

Allahu A'lam
ive heard the same also. my brother told me medina is beautiful. he also told me the weather is really nice a cool. Im not sure if i can cope with the heat of mecca-I remember watching a fajr prayer from there and they had the camera on the didgital termometer, and it was 34C at fajr. :ooh: where iam from, thats about average temp it gets during the day in summer.
brother, thats very true, some arabs are racist.:X
you probably have to have a profession that is in demand over there
yeah probably. i dunno where i can get into contact with someone like that. probably have to have connections with the king or something:( i cant help but feel alittle frustrated. its so annoying. ive head they have really strange laws, such as a saudi guy aint allowed to marry a non-saudi girl, because apparently the saudi women are beinbg 'left behind'. i mean, fair enough, but is it just me, or is that going too far. :X

Or you can go to Umm Al Qura but you need Mahram
i wish. :(

sudais1
11-09-2007, 04:45 AM
If you want to become a Teacher teaching English then expect big pay cheque and many offers. If you become a nurse or doctor then the same applies.

May Allah help you with what you seek.

Ameen

Wa Salaam

Ummu Sufyaan
11-09-2007, 04:48 AM
thats an idea. they wouldn't let me in wihtout a mahram anyways.

Jayda
11-09-2007, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
well i've had this dream for awhile that inshallah i'll be taking up residancy in mecca (or the least ill settle for is media). however, ive been told that its really hard to get saudi citizenship, and also ive head that saudi people are quite arrogant. no matter how much i love the place, i cannot see myself living amoung people like that. so can anyone who has ben to saudi or lives/lived there particually mecca and medina (but especially mecca) please tell me what its like, and what the poeple are like (arrogant, easy going, etc), and just the enviroment in general, eg, weather, etc.
hola

i have not been to the kingdom of saudi arabia; however i know saudis from school and from when i lived in new york. most of them seemed very nice, open minded and polite... i think there was a little arrogance, but i went to an ivy league school and that attitude was prevalent for all of us. a few of them were bad people... throwing money around on trivial things, partying constantly and they acted perfectly barbarous... but they were a minority. i do not think you should worry :)

que Dios te bendiga

جوري
11-09-2007, 07:56 PM
I lived in Saudi Arabia for four years when I was a kid, and even as a kid I realized that there were some of the nicest people I have known (especially people from hijaz), and of course some not so nice people..that is the way it is the world over, even if in the states people like 'cognoscente' et al. think they know everything by 'proxy'

It is difficult to get be a citizen there unless you were a saudi indeed, but if you have a great job then there is no problem working there on visa...

My grandfather died there when he was about to make pilgrimage and they burried him there, so unless you want to be a saudi, I don't see it being too terribly difficult to work, or live there... or even get married there...

Jedda was very nice, I liked it more than Riyadh, though at this stage in my life I can't imagine living in either places again...

come to think of it, at this stage, I am not ready for life anywhere...Last night when I closed my eyes, I thought how nice it would be to have a permanent sleep :mmokay:... eh sometimes I just don't feel like getting up in the morning, but we are straying far from the topic here ..

Good luck to you sis..wherever you go may Allah grant you Godspeed, happiness, bliss and satisfaction insha'Allah

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.