/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Seeing the Muslim world

dishdash
11-09-2007, 06:40 AM
Has anyone seen this website? Halal Tourism for our young men...

Battuta.net

Would you go?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
namr777
11-09-2007, 06:45 AM
It is perfect! :^), real traveling like in the yesteryears !

IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2007, 10:07 AM
oh well done, now i got a huge urge to go

lol but really, it looks so nice mashaAllah :)

sudais1
11-09-2007, 10:51 PM
excellent. Lol we should do and LI muslim thiggy :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wilberhum
11-09-2007, 11:00 PM
I would check it out. In this "virtual" world, a lot of things are "Not Real".

dishdash
11-10-2007, 02:20 PM
nor real? Ah - I getcha!

I must admit, I hadn't anticipated this as being of any sort of interest to non-muslims, though there was never going to have been any impediment. After all, there are a dozen or so operators doing this in a similar way.

dishdash
11-28-2007, 06:36 AM
Salaams.

Just to quickly answer some of the questions that have been sent to me...

Still waiting on some rather slack Jordanians to complete the ticket price!!! I'm anticipating the price to be around $3500 (AU$ not $US) so you do the maths...

The travel dates - well, it was to be the month or so preceeding Ramadan (with the first couple of days of the holy month to be spent in Islamic Cairo) However, I've had more people see that as a negative than a positive so far, so it's part of the reason behind my changing timing (see below)

Some of the most important feedback I've had so far is in regards to the duration. It seems that 45 days is just simply too long for most people. The profile of the target audience is actually a different one to similar tours aimed at your common or garden Western backpacker. Our lot don't typically take a year out (which is a huge shame but I'm not going to change a global community's perspective on this with one tour!) and as such, to participate would need to take time off work/uni etc. Which is why I'm going to be splitting the tour into 3 different options:

Istanbul to Damascus (3 wks)
Damascus to Cairo (3 wks)
and the whole Istanbul to Cairo (42 days)

The new update to the site will be out shortly insh'Allah.

Like I say, I've also reconsidered doing it just before Ramadan after taking some advice on anticipated temperatures along the way. It's going to be hot. Reeeeeal hot! I've done the route many times in both hot and cold conditions and I have to say that it's much more enjoyable when the temperature ISN'T 45 degrees plus!

Anyway, please keep the feedback coming. And thanks to all the brothers (if you are from this forum) who have already pledged themselves to the trip - it is good to see this beautiful brotherhood growing even this far ahead of the journey itself. Insh'Allah it lasts a lifetime... W'Allah this is exactly the thing that is driving me to do this!

wa salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.