/* */

PDA

View Full Version : picky woman rejects 150 proposals

IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Serbian Woman Rejects 150 Proposals

November 8, 2007
Benjie Telleron - AHN News Writer

Maskova, Serbia (AHN) - Saying she has not found her Mr. Right yet, a Serbian woman has claimed turning down no less than 150 marriage proposals.

Milunka Dabovic, from Maskova in central Serbia, says she got her first proposal when she was 14 and they have been coming ever since.

"I've had a lot of proposals and some of them won't take no for an answer, they even try to get my mother to try and convince me to accept," says Dabovic who still lives with her mother,

"But the man I marry needs to be handsome and tall, needs to accept life here in our village - and must be a hard worker with a good heart."

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7009093667

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
11-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Approved, and if you got a message that I edited your post, I just corrected your spelling of 'woman'. 'Women' is plural, man. :p

IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2007, 10:35 AM
^ typo man not intentional :hiding:

rozeena
11-09-2007, 10:36 AM
gosh! hw old is she?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2007, 10:38 AM
it doesnt say?

but it seems shes got the right intentions, may Allah guide her to islaam.

She wants someone with a good heart, soounds like a muslim 2 me :p

*no offence to non muslims*

------
11-09-2007, 10:39 AM
:salamext:

150!!!!!!!!!! :ooh: Get married already!! :D

IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2007, 10:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

150!!!!!!!!!! :ooh: Get married already!! :D
whoah lets not jump to conclusions, do you know how many fat nasty men there are out there?

for all we know 150 fishes hav proposed to her,

but imagine if a 100 of them were genuine gentlemen... how picky can you get eh :uuh:

Qurratul Ayn
11-09-2007, 11:05 AM

Whoa, that womn need to get married soon otherwise some people would start thinking she's liking it just for attention then she won't may not get any proposals.

Whatever Allaah Ta'akla wills.

InToTheRain
11-09-2007, 11:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
[B]

"I've had a lot of proposals and some of them won't take no for an answer, they even try to get my mother to try and convince me to accept,"
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7009093667
She might be getting more then one proposal from the same man :ooh:

~Taalibah~
11-09-2007, 01:41 PM
:sl:
150 proposals!?:ooh:

I guess if they all weren't right acc the Islamic shariah then thats good and i'm sure when the time is right Allah Ta'aala will give her, her Mr Right. But if it was small things:-\? No one's perfect after all!

ahsan28
11-09-2007, 01:48 PM
She might be intersted in setting a record :D

------
11-09-2007, 01:49 PM

And wasting her life?

Umm Hurairah
11-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

You can't blame her man she's supposed to live with her Prince Charming for the rest of her life.

Plus the people of these dayz aren't exactly to die for. ^o) But its good that she's living with her mommy. :D

------
11-09-2007, 02:01 PM

Hey! People of today aren't that bad... :D ... depends on where u look :p [n someone put the msn :-P smiley back on please!]

IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2007, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Hurairah

But its good that she's living with her mommy. :D
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah

but shes non-muslim, i heard the non-muslim parents like their "space" lol, its funny because my somali friend said his dad told him he will get kicked out as soon as his married, whereas i know my mum would never want us to live, funny huh?

Umm Hurairah
11-09-2007, 02:04 PM

Hey! People of today aren't that bad... :D ... depends on where u look :p [n someone put the msn :-P smiley back on please!]

It's true the women of today are awesome but can't say the same for the men. :skeleton:

"Depends on where you look"
- yeah man good point and the best way to start is da Meddresah. :statisfie :-[ :X

but shes non-muslim, i heard the non-muslim parents like their "space" lol, its funny because my somali friend said his dad told him he will get kicked out as soon as his married, whereas i know my mum would never want us to live, funny huh?
Waalaikumusalaam Warahmatulahi Wabarakatu,

My mother is crying right now 'cuz she's sad me and my sis will be leaving and she is calling me her lil angel. :embarrass I wonder the last time she called me that...:?

lol but it's true there is this convert woman I know and Masha Allah she's a student and her parents don't support her kid and family at all, they say she's "on her own" but Alhamdulillah the husband's father who's a born Muslim help both of them with their studies while we baby-sit the lil pumpkin. :D:D:D

Al-Zaara
11-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Selam aleykum,

lol When I visited my country during the summer, lots of proposals came... And before I had never in life gotten one, subhanAllah.
A few times more stopping by there, and I might aswell understand that lady. :enough!: It depends where you look... Really!!

150 is though a lot, if it would be 50 to 70 then I'd understand... Wow... 150 men weren't good enough... But she said some wouldn't take no for an answer, maybe same person proposed a few times... ?

IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2007, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Selam aleykum,

maybe same person proposed a few times... ?
someone already suggested that lol,

and im sure its a 150 different ones, or else this is a real pathetic cry for attention lol

assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

Al-Zaara
11-09-2007, 02:15 PM
someone already suggested that lol,

and im sure its a 150 different ones, or else this is a real pathetic cry for attention lol

Why pathetic? She may just make a World Record and gain money.. :D That's not pathetic, that's smart. :D But on the other hand...

Or she challenges the guys out there and by that gets more proposals and by that might just find Mr.Right...

Nah, I don't care. Also, that site looks dodgy. ^o) lol

IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2007, 02:20 PM
^ there were two sources, i chose this source, and now its dodgy *sighs*

i would smack my forehead but i done that too many times already, a sigh will have to suffice

~Taalibah~
11-09-2007, 02:23 PM
People can go through a lot just to get to the top!

You are right there, but the question is how are you going to know where...:D^o)

------
11-09-2007, 02:26 PM

i would smack my forehead but i done that too many times already, a sigh will have to suffice
Yo! thats my ting!!!

You are right there, but the question is how are you going to know where..
Look inside your heart....and you'll find them :) (I'm serious, You'll know)

IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2007, 02:28 PM

so if i looked into my heart i'll automatically find the right partner without searching around?? lol stop reading shakespear ;D

Umm Hurairah
11-09-2007, 02:32 PM

It's true people! When you find your Prince/Princess then you will practically fly over da moon (not that I'm talking from experience of course *outta*)

------
11-09-2007, 02:35 PM
so if i looked into my heart i'll automatically find the right partner without searching around?? lol stop reading shakespear ;D

Thy is NOT reading shakespeare, they doth not like shakespeare :blind:

You KNOW what I mean man.... *rollseyes* [i want that smiley bak az wel!]

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-09-2007, 02:35 PM
They guy proposing must have been a pest.

~Taalibah~
11-09-2007, 02:39 PM

Yo! thats my ting!!!

I guess if the person comes to you/proposes then you can look in your heart, but you can just look in your heart and find the right person?!^o):? Still i dont know, its hard to know who's fooling and who's not...

IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2007, 02:42 PM
^ Assalamu Alaikum

Still i dont know, its hard to know who's fooling and who's not...
the person whos not fooling will make it clear that they want to marry you as soon as possible, the person who is fooling will delay the marriage as soon as possible

~Taalibah~
11-09-2007, 02:53 PM
^ Assalamu Alaikum

the person whos not fooling will make it clear that they want to marry you as soon as possible, the person who is fooling will delay the marriage as soon as possible
Not always. I know of 2/3 ppl who's lives were messed up with marriage. They act very holy before getting married but after its totally different. being married for a month+ someone's husband only came home for supper ONCE! But i know there are good ppl out there...

------
11-09-2007, 02:54 PM

**STAY SINGLE** - Love ain't worth the pain..

IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2007, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha
Not always. I know of 2/3 ppl who's lives were messed up with marriage. They act very holy before getting married but after its totally different. being married for a month+ someone's husband only came home for supper ONCE! But i know there are good ppl out there...
see its stuff like this that makes me think its better to get married back home (in bangladesh)

not saying that bangladesh doesnt have its fair share of blah but meh :-\

Assalamu Alaikum

Umm Hurairah
11-09-2007, 02:56 PM

That's not alwayz the situation. Plus I think completing half my deen will be worth it Insha Allah.

Al-Zaara
11-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Yupp. You gotta be reaaal careful, seriously.

And actually I recommend to go for someone whom your parents and friends know... Because they kinda know and see how that person is and acts, when he/she is not around you...

IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2007, 03:02 PM

if you dont get married and do haraam acts such as excessive intermingling then how can you expect the hardships to be worth it?

Marriage is the foundation required to make the love work in harmony

~Taalibah~
11-09-2007, 03:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Hurairah

That's not alwayz the situation.
Thats true! Allah Ta'aala will show us the right person when the time comes, Insha'Allah.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2007, 03:09 PM
huge reminder::::

the worst thing to be is pessimistic >!!

Cognescenti
11-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Matchmaker, Matchmaker,
Make me a match,
Find me a find,
catch me a catch
Matchmaker, Matchmaker
Look through your book,
And make me a perfect match

Matchmaker, Matchmaker,
I'll bring the veil,
You bring the groom,
Slender and pale.
Bring me a ring for I'm longing to be,
The envy of all I see.

jzcasejz
11-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Lol, what a funny lady...

"But the man I marry needs to be handsome and tall, needs to accept life here in our village - and must be a hard worker with a good heart."
Yeah, okay! Anything else? :rollseyes

~Taalibah~
11-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Yupp. You gotta be reaaal careful, seriously.

And actually I recommend to go for someone whom your parents and friends know... Because they kinda know and see how that person is and acts, when he/she is not around you...
Todays time this is not always the situation. Talking from experience i know that some boys/girls will act very good in front of certain adults and are completely different when they are with ppl their own age. They hide and do all the wrong then the parents think that this person is good, because they dont know whats happening! The kids their age knows because they dont care to hide it from them.

~Taalibah~
11-09-2007, 03:15 PM
huge reminder::::

the worst thing to be is pessimistic >!!
I agree 100% with that!

Al-Zaara
11-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Todays time this is not always the situation. Talking from experience i know that some boys/girls will act very good in front of certain adults and are completely different when they are with ppl their own age. They hide and do all the wrong then the parents think that this person is good, because they dont know whats happening! The kids their age knows because they dont care to hide it from them.
But that's why I said you're friends should also know him/her well, or some friend's friend... :D Good points!

~Taalibah~
11-09-2007, 03:29 PM
But that's why I said you're friends should aslo know him/her well, or some friend's friend... :D Good points!
Ooops! Sorry sis! I missed the friends part!

جوري
11-09-2007, 11:47 PM
people should leave the poor woman alone..perhaps she has her reasons?...can she get through this without making headlines? It is her business..

:w:

Lina
11-09-2007, 11:54 PM

Agreed^

IbnAbdulHakim
11-10-2007, 12:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
people should leave the poor woman alone..perhaps she has her reasons?...can she get through this without making headlines? It is her business..

:w:
now i feel guilt

if someone can please close this thread, i think we owe it to this lady

جوري
11-10-2007, 12:22 AM
I am sorry akhi -- I didn't mean you at all..Just I am sure people are the best judge of their own circumstance..I am afraid when we speak of her in a negative light we cast doubt on another human being question their reasoning and maybe even stab their integrity..I don't know if this woman is Muslim or not?.. but just think we should make life easier on one another not subject each other to taunt and ridicule..I never meant you by my comment.. and I know the numbers are shocking.. I just would rather she didn't make the news at all..

waslaam 3lykoum wr wb

IbnAbdulHakim
11-10-2007, 12:25 AM
^ no i understand what u meant,

sometimes i use to get a shock when a celebrity would get on the news for eating a cockroach in a burger or silly stuff like that, i dont know why that logic never surfaced on this occasion.

I certainly wouldnt like to be on the news if i rejected 150 proposals, so i understand perfectly, and wallahi i appreciate your comment, if i had a rep it would have been on your way !

جوري
11-10-2007, 01:13 AM
Jazaka Allah khyran akhi..
I am sorry again.. I can see where the story is amusing on a level-- but I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable in the process!

waslaam 3lykoum wr wb
M

snakelegs
11-10-2007, 01:49 AM
sometimes the strangest things show up in "world affairs"! ;D

barney
11-10-2007, 01:59 AM
Mayby she's lesbian but dosnt want to admit it?

If not then no big deal. Lots of people choose partnership instead of marrige these days anyway

Al_Imaan
11-10-2007, 03:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
sometimes the strangest things show up in "world affairs"! ;D
lol...u never know wat's gonna come next. this lady is sooo picky...unless she has better excuses...

Tania
11-10-2007, 04:36 AM
Where did she found 150 men in the village :? Are the villages so big :-[

جوري
11-10-2007, 06:50 AM
this reminds me of the movie, my big fat Greek wedding ...I hope she gets what she is looking for though..

ranma1/2
11-10-2007, 07:03 AM
hey, i say dont get married till you are ready.

~Taalibah~
11-10-2007, 08:49 AM
I don't think we meant to criticize her but rather amazed that someone could get 150 proposals and still not be married. Many of us said that she probably has her reasons why. Shows that no matter what, you will only get what is meant for you.
But then i know what you are trying to say...

PurestAmbrosia
Jazaka Allah khyran akhi..
I am sorry again.. I can see where the story is amusing on a level-- but I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable in the process!

waslaam 3lykoum wr wb
M
8 Hours Ago 02:25 AM
IbnAbdulHakim
^ no i understand what u meant,

sometimes i use to get a shock when a celebrity would get on the news for eating a cockroach in a burger or silly stuff like that, i dont know why that logic never surfaced on this occasion.

I certainly wouldnt like to be on the news if i rejected 150 proposals, so i understand perfectly, and wallahi i appreciate your comment, if i had a rep it would have been on your way !

8 Hours Ago 02:22 AM
PurestAmbrosia
I am sorry akhi -- I didn't mean you at all..Just I am sure people are the best judge of their own circumstance..I am afraid when we speak of her in a negative light we cast doubt on another human being question their reasoning and maybe even stab their integrity..I don't know if this woman is Muslim or not?.. but just think we should make life easier on one another not subject each other to taunt and ridicule..I never meant you by my comment.. and I know the numbers are shocking.. I just would rather she didn't make the news at all..

waslaam 3lykoum wr wb
8 Hours Ago 02:05 AM
IbnAbdulHakim
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia View Post

now i feel guilt

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.