/* */

PDA

View Full Version : King Tut's Face on Display (Pharaoh)

------
11-09-2007, 10:36 AM
:salamext:

King Tut's Face on Display

By Cynthia Johnston

LUXOR, Egypt (Reuters) - Egypt put the mummy of the boy pharaoh Tutankhamun on display in his tomb in the Valley of the Kings on Sunday, giving visitors their first chance to see the face of a ruler who died more than 3,000 years ago.

In the dimly lit burial chamber workmen removed the gilded lid of Tutankhamun's mummy case and then hoisted the padded box containing the mummy out of the stone sarcophagus where it has lain for most of the time since Tutankhamun's early death.

They then moved it to a climate-controlled acrylic glass showcase in the tomb's antechamber and sealed the cover. His wizened face is visible at one end, a white linen cloth covers his body and his blackened feet protrude at the other end.

The mummy's face has high cheekbones and cracked and blackened skin with an intact nose.

Zahi Hawass, the Egyptian government's chief archaeologist and a passionate promoter of ancient Egypt, supervised the operation, broadcast live on some television channels.

"The face of Tutankhamun is different from the face of any king at the Cairo Museum," Hawass told reporters.

"He has these beautiful buck teeth and ... the tourists will see a little bit of a smile on the face of the golden boy," he added. "This will ... make the golden boy live forever."

The mummy will be visible to the general public from Monday.

Source

---------------------------------

The salvation of pharaoh's body
- Click Here to read the Article

"This day shall we save thee in thy body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee but verily, many among mankind are heedless of our signs."

[Qur'an, Surah Yunus, 10:92]

Views?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
11-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Quite the looker. The cracked, buck-toothed, mummified face look is in vogue.

So I hear. From myself.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2007, 10:40 AM
is kind tut the firawn of Musa Alaihissalaam :?

------
11-09-2007, 10:40 AM
:salamext:

What it is though, is that the body is there, the facial features and everything - 3000 years on! :ooh: Subhaan Allaah...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
11-09-2007, 10:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
is kind tut the firawn of Musa Alaihissalaam :?
No, I think that one was Rameses.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d
What it is though, is that the body is there, the facial features and everything - 3000 years on! Subhaan Allaah...
The wonders of mummification. Freezers are overrated.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2007, 10:42 AM
yeah, people take it as something "awesome" though when they should take it as a fearful reminder.

seriously, the amount of people that look at him n smile n stuff... werent we told to look at the destruction of the past failures and weep?

IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2007, 10:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
No, I think that one was Rameses.
THATS WAT I THOUGHT !
jazakAllah bro

assalamu alaikum

'Abd al-Baari
11-09-2007, 03:33 PM
:sl:

I saw the bodies of both at the National Museum in Cairo..Rameses was not a nice sight..:(

but it is amazing the way you can still see their features..i mean i'm sure i remeber seing hair on his head as well

Ummu Sufyaan
11-10-2007, 10:41 AM
eww! why would anyone wanna look at a dead man (that looks like that anyways).

Ali.
09-25-2008, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -
The salvation of pharaoh's body
- Click Here to read the Article

"This day shall we save thee in thy body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee but verily, many among mankind are heedless of our signs."

[Qur'an, Surah Yunus, 10:92]

I'd like to bump this. SubhanAllah.

Here's some tafsir from my copy of the Qur'an also:

Today after the passage of thousands of years, the body of Rameses II has been discovered and identified to be the body of the Pharaoh of Moses' time. The Bible which is supposed be Christendom as the Word of God could not give this information about the fate which Pharaoh and his host met. This discovery of the fact is another proof positive of the Holy Qur'an being the revealed word of God, otherwise the matter could not have been known to the Holy Prophet [PBUH]. It has been reported that Pharaoh with all his men were drowned and the body of Pharaoh was thrown out of the sea on the shore so that the people might know that Pharaoh whom they worshipped as God, was dead and had been reduced to a dirty corpse, and that the coming generations also might learn a lesson. When the Isrealites saw the corpse of Pharaoh, their fright against his return to them once again, subsided. In the concluding words of this verse, is exposed the truth that the world did not know the fact that though Pharaoh had also perished along with his men, his body had been providentially preserved until God revealed the hidden fact through the Holy Qur'an.

truemuslim
09-26-2008, 03:24 PM

:omg::scared::eek::hiding:+o(:skeleton:
*shiver from cold ness and from scary ness*

Re.TiReD
09-26-2008, 03:25 PM
SubhanAllah :ooh:

suffiyan007
09-26-2008, 06:37 PM
tutankhamun, rameses I and II,nefertiti, cleopatra and etc..the ruler of the egypt...are mummify and remain in good conditions..of the body...

Sahabiyaat
09-27-2008, 11:27 AM
what saddens me is that when i look at them, i dont see a human thats been preserved so well, but i see failure, the ultimate failure,frozen in time,a human that has failed to submit to his lord and is now tasting his humiliating punishment .

suffiyan007
09-28-2008, 05:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
what saddens me is that when i look at them, i dont see a human thats been preserved so well, but i see failure, the ultimate failure,frozen in time,a human that has failed to submit to his lord and is now tasting his humiliating punishment .
yeah! u r right..! i am realizing it..! but Allah had punish the pharoah firaun of egypt

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.