/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Im going to wear Hijab to Work, InshaAllah.

Thanaa
11-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Salaamu Aleikum,
Alhamdulillah, I finally plucked up the courage to discuss hijab with my Boss.
I didnt want to just turn up in it; I wanted to talk to her first, so as to prevent there being any problems ('cos I just clean at the mo, obviously it cant be something that would dangle into a toilet +o(, or catch on anything).
She says it should be fine; shes phoning the big boss (lol) to let him know, and I have to buy a Navy Hijab.
Im not afraid anymore, just apprehensive since, as Ive mentioned on here before, If my parents find out Im Muslim before I can find a bedsit when we move to Somerset, then Im homeless.
Theres no way that they would allow me to sleep under their roof knowing that I was a Muslim. Possibly because they'd suspect me of having planted explosives somewhere...like the fridge, or under their bed :-\.
Im really nervous about starting to wear it though...just because I dont know how people will react.
Im bound to get stupid questions, and stupider comments, and Im not sure Im qualified to answer them.
I prayed to Allah for strength, and now I have more of it than I did.
I may phone my Aunt Lindsey in Hampshire, because she said the other day that I could go and stay with her if I didnt like living here on my Own.
Thats pretty generous, since Ive not seen her for years!
I cant imagine her saying that I couldnt stay with her if I was going to be on the Streets...
Please include me in your Prayers, everyone.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Don't worry dear sis... Allah is going to take care of you...
He is the best of friends the best protectors and the most merciful...

If I can just offer one piece of advise..
please please be confidant whatever you do in life project that instead of apprehension or fear. Because that is the first thing people pick up on-- Just carry in your heart that no matter the vicissitudes of life, that you are a dignified human being.. leave the fear to the atheists.. You have a safety net in Allah.. and you have the manners of a Muslim...

if you should decide to live with your aunt, just pick up where you left off... say I know I haven't seen you in a while.. thank you for your generosity, I'd like to know you better, I'd like for you to know me as the woman I am now...

You know when alcoholics sign up for their 12 step programs, they go around making peace with everyone and starting over a new leaf.. will I think it is very wise.. and what greater reason is there, than to foster understanding of what it means to be a Muslim..

remember a Muslim man can blend in and be thought of as anything from cuban to a hasidic Jew.. however a Muslim woman is the most obvious rep. of Islam on God's earth... so carry that responsibility with pride, hope and just smile.. you'll be surprised how far being good natured will go..

7afatha'ki Allah wra3aki insha'Allah

:w:

'Abd al-Baari
11-10-2007, 05:01 PM
:sl:

Mashallah thats awesome :shade:

Good Luck and May Allah swt reward you for your intentions, continue to guide you, and ease your affairs..Ameen

& remeber every journey starts with a small step

Danah
11-10-2007, 05:14 PM
dont worry sister, since you are in the right way, allah will not leave you alone be sure 10000000%.
even if you will face some problems with the others reactions its okay since you are not wanna satisfy them but you are after satisfying the one who creates them all.

I will pray for you very hardly that allah will guide you and make you stronger and stronger in sha allah.
and remember sis that if allah put the muslim in problems, that mean that he likes that muslim and wanna purify him from his sins.
hope you will find a way to prevent confliction with your parents...........Ameen

Leave you in the care of allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Medina83
11-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Here's stupid comments and funny questions said to me sis :D

'Are you not hot in that???'

'Are you polish or hebrew?'

'Does it not itch?'

'Can you take it off when you sleep ???'

When people say something silly just laugh with them once they see you are relaxed with it, they will relax with it.

Thats my advice and well done MashaAllah you are very brave sister may Allah swt make it easy for you :)

salam

Ayesha Rana
11-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Ameen may Allah bless u and keep u strong sis
Take care and wassalam

snakelegs
11-10-2007, 08:08 PM
:thumbs_up

congratulations! you are a strong woman - all the best to you.
i hope that eventually your parents will come around and respect your choice and your convictions, even if they disagree.

Intisar
11-10-2007, 08:16 PM
:sl: Masha'Allah I'm so glad for you sis, mabrook! :D

~Taalibah~
11-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Alhamdulillah sis! Dont worry about it Allah Ta'aala will make it easy for you. Ppl will always ask questions some will be interested, awed, sarcastic but you will learn to ignore it and explain when needed. Insha'Allah all will be well!:w:

Aicha-belgium
11-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Mashallah I'm proud of you sister

nebula
11-12-2007, 12:51 AM
mashallah sis
im proud of you !
Allah must be very happy with you aswell im sure
Keep ur head high theres no1 to fear but Allah inshallah
and Allah has power of all things and he is the protector of the believers :)

so dont worry yeah? :)

Thanaa
11-12-2007, 02:56 AM
Im trying not to worry.
I figured if I can talk the talk, then I should walk the walk (which means working my way towards proper hijab, and making sure that I pray 5 times a day, etc.)...
I mean, what If I died tomorrow, G-d forbid?
Only Allah knows whats truly in my heart, but I dont want to die and have not made an effort to practice as best I can-even If I have to hide my religion from my family for a while-because I know that I will be held accountable for it.
Money's the biggest problem, because If I knew I could support myself, then I wouldnt mind if my family threw me out (well, Id be upset) as Id just be avle to rent a flat of my own right away.
Insha Allah, Ill be able to get a salaried job in Somerset, and have more cash with which to move out...:D

ashley66
11-12-2007, 03:27 AM
Congratulation sis. I'm proud of you. You are doing this for Allah,so I'm sure Allah will not leave you. Some may even ask stupid question, like, if you are bald. But take it in your stride.:smile: If I may add, be proud of yourself and be proud of being a muslim because Allah chose you to put the hidayah in your heart. Hold your head high. Don't be apprehensive. When people see that you carry yourself with dignity and are comfortable with yourself, they respect you and your conviction more. May Allah bless you make everything easy for you at work and life. :w:

muslim1
11-12-2007, 06:13 AM
I'm really proud of you. Always remember that Allah doesnt let sincere people. :smile:

Malaikah
11-12-2007, 10:44 AM

May Allah make the path forward easy for you, ameen. You have guts, mashaallah!

IbnAbdulHakim
11-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah

your going to feel more protected and a word of advice to my sister:

if you ever feel like a stranger then know that Muhammad sallallahi alaihi wasallaam gave glad tidings to the stranger, the ones who adhere to the islamic rulings are indeed the strangers

snakelegs
11-13-2007, 11:23 PM
how did it go?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.