/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Have You Thanked Allah?

*charisma*
05-19-2005, 05:16 AM
Asalamu Alaikum brothers and sisters

this was emailed to me and i wud like to share it with all of u:

Assalaamu `Alaykum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakaatuhu

I hope you woke up this morning with a big smile on your face.

Prayed al-Fajr and read your Qur'aan to start your day off right!

I hope your breakfast was warm and tasted just right and you are
smiling contentedly, when family members wish each other a cheery good
morning ... and peace in your abode.

I hope that today, is filled with lovely surprises and friends call
you up just to say "Salaam" . . . and your loved ones tell you .....
"we are praying for you".

I hope you feel on top of the world with a spring in your step all the
time when you think of Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala's Gracious and
Merciful Blessings upon you ..........

I hope everything goes your way. In shaa'Allaah everything is well
with your world, a place for everything and everything in it's place

I hope you enjoy all you do ... in complimenting Islam by the way you
feel when you read the Holy Qur'aan and benefit from Allaah Subhaanahu
wa Ta'aala's teaching to your heart's content .....

I also hope, in shaa'Allah that ..........

If you have a bad day at work, be thankful to Allaah Subhaanahu wa
Ta'aala. Appreciate that you have a job. Some people don't.

When you pay your bills, be thankful you can pay them. If you see a
gray hair, be thankful. Think of the cancer patient in chemotherapy
who wish they had hair on their head ...........

When you find yourself waiting in line or the recipient of poor
service, be thankful. Think about the people who have no food to eat
and are hungry all the time ..........

When you realise how much work it is to take care of a house, be
thankful you have a home. Think about those who are homeless and wish
they had a home to take care of ..........

When you feel like complaining because you have to walk a long
distance from your car, be thankful . Think of what it would be like
not to be able to walk!

If you get irritated by other people's anger, apathy, ignorance,
bitterness, or insecurities, be thankful. Things could be worse. You
could be one of them!

When you think everything in your world is terrible, and you want to
give up, think of the people who have been told they only have a
certain amount of time to live. They don't want to give up.

So, I hope you have a perfect day . . . and that every day is just as
wonderful in it's own way, and in shaa'Allaah you will be blessed with
all you prayed for yourself . . . and those dear and close to you.

I hope that your Deen is firm and true ... and at the end of each day,
to thank Allaah Almighty for all His Blessings and Mercies, but most
of all to ..........

~ be thankful for His Ta'aala's Presence in your life ~

Waking up this morning, being alive ... is His Ta'aala's blessing to you.

~ Alhamdulillah ~

May Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala's Blessings and Grace surround you
with happiness, peace, harmony, contentment, prosperiety and good
health and for the Noor of the Holy Qur'aan fill your heart and soul.
May the Truth of Islam bring unity in our Ummah and may peace in the
dunya prevail. May Allaah Ta'aala accept your siyaam, qiyaam and
ibaadahs. This is my du'aa for all of you. Aameen.

Fi Amman Allaah
ameen
Alhemdulilah, Alhemdulilah, Alhemdulilah, for everything :'(

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khaldun
07-11-2005, 11:18 PM
:sl:

InshAllah in this thread members can post about "small" blessings from Allah that most people would ignore things like if you look at how a small child struggles with walking upright and keeps falling and then when you look at yourself how Allah has tought you, pondering on things like these will soften your heart and put the truth of the phrase "walahu ghafururaheem" firmly imbedded in your heart inshAllah. So inshAllah all members can post there own observations, try to go for more "simple" and "subtle" blessings.

InshAllah ill go first, of course the biggest ni'ma (blessing) is faith however, as i was walking in the heat today it struck me how Allah has been merciful towards us, if the earth was just a tiny bit closer to the sun life on earth would have most surely perished and the earth would be inhospitable, and i was also reminded of the Grace of Allah when a slight breeze hit my face and cooled me down, i couldnt help but to think alhamdulilah!

this is my small observation inshAllah whoever wants can go next and post theirs, and inshAllah try to explain aswell why you found this blessing very important.

JazzakAllah Khair

Batoota
07-12-2005, 01:37 PM

Subhan Allah, I came today to make a thread on almost exactly the same thing!! :omg: :thumbs_up *However, it was a thread that was supposed to be "find a blessing in a difficult situation you had" or something like that...

OKay: a small blessing..........

But every small blessing is a big blessing if you know what i mean? Is that okay? :confused: Did that make sense?

Alright! i've thought of one!

A few weeks ago my little brother declared to me and my dad that he wanted to chop off all of his eyelashes. :confused: We imediately (sp?!) answered by saying that eyelashes were a blessing from Allah. He then asked us "well what do they do?!" So we told him the basic answer "they keep dirt away from your eyes" :D but then, I decided to search on the internet and find out other things eye lashes do:

It turns out they have another purpose!

When you blink, your eyelashes work with your eyelids to protect your eyes from dirt and other foreign objects. They also help to keep the eyes lubricated and clean by distributing secretions from special glands, called the glands of Zeis, which are located along the edge of the eyelid.

https://ask.nsdl.org/default.aspx?id=7852&cat=1162

Subhan Allah! Our eyelashes help the "cleaning agents" out!! They also provide "shade" for our eyes! Just imagine!!

Jazak Allah koli khair for this thread,

I thought I would share some ayaat: notice the wording of the ayaat-

39:66 Nay, but worship Allah, and be of those who give thanks.

^worship came near giving thanks!!

34:13 They worked for him as he desired, (making) arches, images, basons as large as reservoirs, and (cooking) cauldrons fixed (in their places): "Work ye, sons of David, with thanks! but few of My servants are grateful!"

2:152 Then do ye remember Me; I will remember you. Be grateful to Me, and reject not Faith.

^again, faith came near being grateful to Allah.

:w:

aminahshijabs
07-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Good... I can post about the blessings in my life... My daughter has her first tooth and she is wanting to stand up all the time. It is hard that she keep wanting to stand up, because she keeps falling, but she is getting better. I can make you think about life different, when we need to remember that even if something bad happens when you do sometime, may not always mean you shouldn't do it. Otherwise we would never learn to walk. Instead we should keep getting up and practicing..

:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Batoota
07-12-2005, 07:31 PM

Instead we should keep getting up and practicing..
Ma sha Allah :thumbs_up good words,

WomanOfJihad
07-12-2005, 08:24 PM

SubhanAllah this is a great thread it wil help the members to apreciate wat they have .. n do Shukr To Allah all the time ...

hmm.. the most apparent Blessings from allah swt is that ALHUMDULILLAH he has given us Eyes to see , a voice so that we can speak , Ears to hear .. and basically in all ways we have been Perfectly been created without any Faults .. and sumtymz i think SUbhanAllah there r people out there who NEVER get to see the World and Always wnder wat the wrld is like .. n how Allah swt must have created it ... There are people out there Who never got to hear their own voices or friends n families nor any kind of Allah's Creations .. n there r people out there who are not able to speak .. nor Able to Recite Quran with loud voices ... and on goes the lists ..... n SUBHANALLAH WA ALhUMDULILLAH Allah swt has blessed us with all this qualities ... n sum people dnt seem to appreciate it .. its a Blessing from Allah swt .. we shud do Shukr all tym .. Just like Allah swt gave us all the qualities he can also take it away any tyme (naudhubillah) ..

* Hope brothers n sisters got my point insHallah

S_87
07-12-2005, 08:34 PM
speaking of eyes... i wear specs and when i go from heat to cold or cold to heat it immediately steams up

but the eyes never steam up...can you imagine if the eyes steam up?
SubhanAllah

Batoota
07-13-2005, 05:46 AM

^ Subhan Allah! Amani: i never thought of that! :applaud: :thumbs_up

Ma sha Allah good post Woman of Jihad.

I have a sort of unusual "blessing" today!

Did you guys ever stop and think about what elephants eat? They're vegetarian! And OMG! Whales!! Some whales eat krill, some eat plankton, some eat baleen, but those are all tiny "critters". The only whale with large teeth is the Sperm Whale and it feeds on squid and other deep water prey. Subhan Allah! Imagine if these whales all had large teeth- imagine if elephants were not vegetarian. They're big creatures, right! Who'd want to mess with them?

It would completely disrupt the "food cycle"!

Well, I think it's a blessing. :-[ I'm not sure i'm explaining well.. :-[

Far7an
07-13-2005, 08:13 AM
Assalamu 'alaikum

Alhamdulillah for being able to say Alhamdulillah

Khaldun
07-13-2005, 01:54 PM

Just today i was helping to show my grandmother how to use a lock and a key, she isnt used to it, and she found it very hard and complicating as a result i stood outside the door for a good half an hour showing her how to insert the key and turn the lock in order to close and open and let her have a go aswell in the end she got it, but that was after alot of explaining, so it hit me how Allah has blessed me with this ability not just to open locks but i mean of quick understanding alhamdulilah! And when i pondered abit more on this, i looked at my hand and realised that without my tumb it would have been very difficult indeed subhanAllah.

And whomsoever We cause to live long (old age), We reduce him in creation (in his mental and physical capacity) ; do they not then understand?

And if you would count Allah's favors, you will not be able to number them; most surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

S_87
07-13-2005, 02:01 PM
^true say, like the thumb..we never think about it till times come to think bout it.
also breathing. this is a MASSIVE blessing that if without 2 minutes of it we would be almost dead. Alhumdulillah

Brother_Mujahid
07-13-2005, 02:52 PM
this reminds me of that dawud wharnsby nasheed, paraaa raaa raaa rapa rapapaa papaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Muhammad
07-13-2005, 04:08 PM

Jazakallaah Khayr brother Khaldun for reminding us how important it is to thank Allaah. I must agree with everyone how important our eyes are to us, since without them we would not be able to see the beauty of Allaah's creation, our family members (and ourselves) and we would not be able to read the Qur'an and all other books as easily...

May Allaah make us among the thankful, Aameen.

[2.152] Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, and be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me.

Batoota
07-14-2005, 11:10 AM

Alhamdillah! Alhamdillah! For quick understanding...for my thumbs...for my eyes...for everything!

I think our memories are a blessing!

Think about it: what would you be without all your memories? A person, but would you be the same one? What if you couldn't remember who your parents were? What if your daughter came to you, and you thought she was a stranger?

What if you forgot how to talk? How to walk? How to breathe?

(^for those who are unaware, there is a disease like that. It's called Alzehimers. For more information on it:

http://www.alzheimers.org/pubs/adfact.html)

May Allah protect us from it and keep us healthy.

Or how about amnesia?

You wake up today, and you know who you are...you wake up tomorrow, and you face a stranger in the mirror.

What if you never had a good memory to cheer you up?

What if you couldn't remember................?

Batoota
07-14-2005, 07:25 PM

Another blessing: taste buds! And our noses! :applaud: :love:

Subhan Allah! You can really feel how different "life" is, when you have a cold. It's like you're eating something, but you can't taste anything...no flavor...:( :thumbs_do

Imagine going through life without tasting sweets/sour things/bitter/etc. Imagine everything tasted the same!

Actually, that leads me to a different blessing. Alhamdillah, Allah has given us such a variety of things....He not only provides us with sustence and foods, but makes it varied and different! And because there's such a variety, there can be so many different favorites! What appeals to me, may not necessarily appeal to you...but that's okay: cause Allah has given us many, many choices!

Alhamdillah! :applaud: :wub:

:sister:

Umm Yoosuf
07-15-2005, 09:07 AM

Yesterday smething trulyyyyyyyyy amazing happened....a blessing from Allah and i wasn't expecting it at all.

I was sitting...staring at the wall...just thinking..guess about what?! The conference......the phone rang and i was thinking please let it not be one of my friends...i don't feel like talking to anyone...

I picked up the phone...this sister on the other side of the line...said Assalamu Alaykum...can i speak to so and so (me)! I said speaking....she said she got a place for me in the conference Alhamdulilaah :D :D ...now im reallllllllllly happy :-[

:D :D

Batoota
07-16-2005, 06:43 AM

^ Congratulations!

....a blessing from Allah and i wasn't expecting it at all.
:thumbs_up And whosoever fears Allâh and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty).And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine/expect. And whosoever puts his trust in Allâh, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allâh will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allâh has set a measure for all things.

(Verse 65:2-3)

:wub:

Another blessing

Water. Of course we all know that water is a blessing! I'm sure that many of us are familiar with its unique properties. I thought I'd mention one that my chemistry teacher seemed "obsessed" with back in 9th grade.

It's summer. You want to drink a cold cup of water....you pour some water into a cup, then reach into the freezer, grab a couple of ice cubes. *Wow, you're amazing! You did that all by yourself! ;) *.

You then drop the ice cubes in! Viola! They float! :omg:

Ice is the solid form of water, right.......So how can ice float in (is it in or on?) water? In order for anything to float, it should be less dense than the liquid it's in. Usually, solids are more dense than liquids, right? But for some reason, in water, it's the opposite.

(Quick science lesson: what happens when water freezes? Well the hyrdogen bonding between the molecules holds the molecules together in a 3 dimensional crystal . This crystal is full of empty spaces. As water freezes to form ice, it has to expand (instead of contract like all other substances) to form this open crystal, making solid water less dense than liquid water. In other words, 10 cups of water put into the freezer is going to turn into 11 cups of ice when it freezes and they're going to be less dense than liquid water.)

So why is this a blessing? Just so that you can drink water on a hot day? Think about the ice bergs and the climate. What would happen if the ice bergs couldn't float at all? Think also about fish in the winter! This property of water means that ice forms on top of a pond and insulatess the rest of the pond below, preventing it from freezing all the way through. If water did not expand when it came to freeze, then it would be denser when it froze, and would sink and soon cover the bottom of a lake or ocean. The oceans would fill with frozen water, and life as we know it in the oceans and on land would not be possible.

thanks to http://www.lucinda.net/k6science/wat..._a/expand.html and http://www.flinnsci.com/Documents/de...ry/CF10235.pdf and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice for refreshing my memory and for explaining the process, since i'm very lazy :-[

Mali Princess
07-17-2005, 12:33 AM
Congratulations! sister i'm happy for you.

Batoota
07-18-2005, 04:41 PM

Toes!! They are such a blessing, right? Alhamdillah! Toes help keep you balanced. My dad was in a "train accident" (very long story) when he was like 15 years old. Eventually his pinky toe was amputated and well the toe next to it isn't completely whole. Its hard obviously to find a comfortable shoes now, and sometimes when he walks, it hurts...you know? So to stop making a short story long, the next time you're walking, think about your toes and what a blessing they are...

Batoota
07-21-2005, 05:47 PM

I'm back! I really like this thread. :D

Subhan Allah, back to the blessing of eyes- did you ever think about what blind people do when they're lost? Like for us, we can read a map (well some of us can :confused: ) but what do blind people do? Or what did they use to do?

A man named Joe Wiedel, a University Maryland proffessor made a map for the blind in 1992 (or 1993 - I can't remember- but I read it in a National Geographic magazine, in case anybody is interested) and I thought his quote was really interesting:

"A blind person reads a map in a different way," he explained. "I can see the whole picutre and then pull out the details I need. But the blind have to start with the details and bit by bit build up the picture."

Subhan Allah. They have to build up, imagine, create and envision it all in their minds!

However, now, alhamdillah there are virtual maps, image maps, etc..but still imagine the struggle.

Not only with maps of course. I was reading a book that was talking about a blind person. It was saying how a blind person has to have everything in the same exact way everyday. Like they'll memorize for example, that their telephone is 16 feet away from them. If you move it, that causes a problem. You have to put it back in its place. Or how about if you just move a chair a bit- they hit it, fall down.

Subhan Allah! Eyes-- they are not just one blessing but a hundred!

I mentioned this hadith before on the forum, but i thought i'd post it again:

It is narrated by the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, in one Hadith that Allah created a man on an island where he was the only person there. Allah gave the man rizq by providing fruits on which he survived. For 70 years the man lived and worshipped only Allah, as there were no challenges there. When the time came for the man to die, Allah commanded the angel to bring his soul to Him. Allah asked the man, "O My servant, to Paradise or to Hellfire?" The man replied, "O Allah, Almighty, to Paradise." Allah said, "O My servant, is it because of My Mercy or is it because of your amal (good deeds)?" The man replied, "O Allah, it is because of my amal. For 70 years I worshipped you. I have done nothing bad, only good deeds worshipping you." Then Allah commanded his angel to take the bounty of sight and put it on one scale. He then commanded the angel to put the man's 70 years' worth of good deeds on the other scale. The bounty of sight weighed heavier than the deeds of 70 years.

because they didn't write the sanad or the narrators I felt i had to include the source which is this website:

http://fortyhadith.iiu.edu.my/hadith04.htm

and just imainge, like brother Muhammed already posted, not being able to see your family. How about not seeing yourself. You don't know how you look.

Alhamdillah!!

Henry
11-20-2005, 02:58 AM
Assalamu Alaikam Waramatuallah Wabarakatu
I'd like everyone to say one, and only one thing that they thank Allah for every day. It can be as specific or broad as you like :) (The point of only one a day is so we all don't go off listing about ten thousand, because I know we all could :p This gives a chance for everyone to say something each day)

I'd personally like to thank Allah greatly for increasing my appetite. I was worried that I wasn't getting enough nutrition because I would be full so easily.

Allhamdulillah!

Wassalamu Alaikam Waramatuallah Wabarakatu

baby_muslimah15
11-20-2005, 03:44 AM
I'd like to thank Allah 4 my Beauty.........MashaAllah.......Salaamz

Noor
11-20-2005, 04:32 AM

What a lovely thread!:loving:

Good one Baby_muslimah!:)

I'm thankful to Allah(SWT) for giving me my mother. Alhamdulilah Ya RABB!

Khayal
11-20-2005, 05:00 AM
:sl: Waramatuallah Wabarakatu

I'm thankful to Allah(SWT) for giving me iman + good health and much much more, Alhamdulilah.

:w: Waramatuallah Wabarakatu

Mu'maneen
11-20-2005, 05:47 AM

I am thankful for all the blessings Allah has bestowed upon me, including the blessings that I know of, that I am unaware of, and the blessings that I do not know of. But most of all I am thankful that I am not at this moment facing the terrors and horrors of the Grave, and I pray that I will never have to face such fears.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:
http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/islam.html

Noor
11-22-2005, 03:47 AM

I'm thankful to Allah(SWT) for giving me the tiny ilm I have and access to places where I can gain more ilm.

Truly He is the Most Merciful, Allaah Azza Wa Jal.

Khaldun
11-22-2005, 04:31 AM

Threads Merged.

Umm Yoosuf
11-22-2005, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Henry
Assalamu Alaikam Waramatuallah Wabarakatu

Ayaah! I forgot to post yesterday :p

Anyways, I'd like to thank Allah (SWT) for giving me such a great friend, the one who converted me to Islam and Inshallah we will journy to the Middle East. I mean, in no other place have I felt such a bond between my peer.

In almost any city if you go up to someone and say hey whats up, they will look at you as if you are crazy. But if you go up to a Muslim they'd happily respond back, because we are all brothers :D

Wassalamu Alaikam Waramatuallah Wabarakatu
:w: Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatu

May Allah make your journey easy for you and increase you in knowledge :)

Alhamdulilaah for been ill. I know Allah will purify my sins and answer my du'as INSHA ALLAH.

madeenahsh
11-23-2005, 06:53 AM
Asalaam alykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

MashAllah I never noticed this Thread ..InshAllah kheir

Alhamdulilah .

Allah bless everyone with everything the believers, disbelievers idolators and atheists . But he only blesses one whom he loves most with faith and thats the Best Aqeedah ( Creed)and best Manhaj (Methodology ) and understanding of deen, Understanding of best knowledge .

Without upright Aqeedah (creed), can you imagine our deeds might be completly incorrect. Or maybe even usless, SubhanAllah May Allah protect us from all errors and evil in this dunia .
That is why All scholars start with Importance Aqeedah and Ilm within this .Without Ilm we are nowhere.SubhanAllah
Barakatullahi feekum

wasallam alykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Ameeratul Layl
11-23-2005, 12:46 PM

JazakAllah akhee.

Allah ma3ak

Noor
11-25-2005, 05:32 PM

I'm thankful to Allah(SWT) for guiding me to the straight path. And I ask Allah to keep me and my brothers and sisters on the path of Islam. Ameen. For verily, many are on a path of destruction in this dunya and the hereafter.

habib
11-25-2005, 05:37 PM
Slaam

I'm thankful to Allah for being Muslim, have a good Family, great dad n mom... have 2 cute nephew .. and make me handsome ..
Thank Allah for everything..

*charisma*
11-25-2005, 05:40 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I thank Allah for the next millisecond He allows me to live...because it is He and He only that can take my life away from me...

How can ye reject faith in Allah?-Seeing that ye were without life, and He gave you life; then will He cause you to die, and will again bring you to life; and again to Him will ye return. 2:22

Alhemdulilah

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

*charisma*
11-25-2005, 06:09 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Oh and Allah is soo merciful subhanallah...

He multiplies our deeds....but keeps us to one sin at a time

Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times? It is Allah that giveth (you) want or plenty. And to him shall be your return. 2:245

Alhemdulilah for that too..

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Halima
12-05-2005, 06:47 PM

I would like to thank Allah(swt) that I am already a muslim. Subhanallah.

Pk_#2
12-23-2005, 08:53 PM
salaam,
Yes sister Halima tis true...i mean think of all the people born in non-muslim families...hidden from the truth!

All praise is due to Allah by whose honour and majesty deeds of virtue are accomplished.

Summa Ameen to dua

Allahu Akbar!!!!

w/salaamz

sapphire
12-23-2005, 09:01 PM
i thank Allah for all the blessings.....and goodness......

Andaraawus
12-28-2005, 02:33 AM
how do i put a image in my signature like you guys have done and how can i amke my own?

Pk_#2
12-28-2005, 03:34 PM
salaamz,

Yes bro i would also like to know...

w/salaamz

Andaraawus
12-28-2005, 09:48 PM
As-salamu alaykum

go into user c.p and mess arouns in the edit signature....find the image you want and right click on it save it to your pictures then brwose and load it up to image shack then copy the link from image shack and wallah

paste it in your signature and bobs your uncle(not litreally)

M H Kahn
03-07-2006, 06:19 AM
Your Lord has decreed: “The more you thank Me, the more I give you. But if ye show ingratitude, truly My punishment is terrible indeed." (14:7)

ridaa_islam
03-16-2006, 12:00 PM
absolutely true
yet we are so steeped in ignorance, dat Allah has to ask us:
"fa bi-ayyi aalaa-i rabbikumaa tukazzibaan!"
Allahummahdina ila siratal mustaqim

ilm.seeker
01-05-2008, 10:11 AM
How can a servant (Abd) thank Allaah? {The word ‘slaves’ represents mankind, for all of mankind are expected to totally submit to the will of Allah}The servant can thank Allaah in many ways. These include:

1. Prostrating to Allah,
when the servant receives a blessing from Allaah or when Allah saves him from a disaster. The Messenger of Allaah (salallahu alaihi wasallam) used to prostrate to Allah whenever he received a pleasant thing or was told good news. This prostration is conducted for the sole purpose of giving thanks to Allaah, the Granter of the grace and benefit that the servant received. [see Fiqh as-Sunnah by Sayyid Sabiq (English trans.) vol.2, p.45]

Abdur-Rahman ibn 'Auf relates that the Messenger of Allah (sallaahu alayhi wasallam) went out once and he followed him until he entered a grove of palm trees and prostrated. His prostration was so long that 'Abdur-Rahman feared that Allah had taken his soul. 'Abdur-Rahman came to look at him and he raised his head and said: "What is wrong, Abdur-Rahman'?" Abdur rahman mentioned what had happened, and he (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: "Gibra'el came to me and said: 'Shall I not give you glad tidings'? Allah says to you, Whoever prays upon you, I pray upon him. Whoever salutes you, I salute him.' Therefore, I prostrated to Allah in thanks." {This is related by Ahmad and by Al-Haakim who says: "It is sahih according to the criterion of al-Bukhari and Muslim}

2. Thanking Allah in words: The majority of the scholars agreed that if the servant does not thank Allaah for the grace he has, then that grace will go away and may never come back. Allah's Messenger (sallaahu alayhi wasallam) said: "It is a fine thing when a believer praises and thanks Allah if good comes to him, and praises Allah and shows endurance if smitten by affliction. The believer is rewarded for everything, even for the morsel he raises to his wife's mouth." {Bayhaqi transmitted it in Shu'ab al-Iman. Sunan at-Tirmidhi no.1733 See also Saheeh Muslim (7138)}

3. Talking about the benefits Allah has granted him. This is because concealing the benefits of Allah is ungrateful. Allaah says in the Quraan: "Do they believe in the false deities and deny the favor of Allaah." {Soorah an-Nahl (16):72}

Ibn Katheer commented that denying the favors of Allah means hiding his grants and/or relating them to others than Allah.

Narrated by Zaid bin Khalid Al Juhani : The Prophet led us in the Fajr prayer at Hudaibiya after a rainy night. On completion of the prayer, he faced the people and said, "Do you know what your Lord has said (revealed)?" The people replied, "Allah and His Apostle know better." He said, "Allah has said, 'In this morning some of my slaves remained as true believers and some became non-believers; whoever said that the rain was due to the Blessings and the Mercy of Allah had belief in Me and he disbelieves in the stars, and whoever said that it rained because of a particular star had no belief in Me but believes in that star." {Saheeh al-Bukhari (1:807)}

4. Helping people in need.It was mentioned in a Hadeeth of Prophet Muhammad (sallaahu alayhi wasallam) that: "As the grants from Allah to a servant increase, so will the people's needs of that blessed servant's services. If the servant ignores their needs, it will cause those grants to be removed" (lbn Hibban)

The Prophet (sallaahu alayhi wasallam) said, "If anyone strokes an orphan's head, doing so only for Allah's sake, he will have blessings for every hair over which his hand passes; and if anyone treats well an orphan girl or boy under his care, he and I shall be like these two in Paradise," putting two of his fingers together." {Sunan at-Tirmidhi no.4974}

Read the full article here :

Maimunah
01-05-2008, 02:52 PM

mashaAllah great thread.

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
02-16-2008, 10:42 AM
Alhamdulilah, Good reminder also, the blessings of Allah and showing gratitude in prayer. SubhanAllah
MAshaAllah wonderful thread!

------
04-29-2008, 08:41 AM
:salamext:

Khayal
06-05-2008, 05:18 AM

JazaakAllaah khayr!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.