/* */

PDA

View Full Version : wife becomes muslim, husband does not

AnonymousPoster
11-10-2007, 11:15 PM
muslim women may not marry non muslim men, but what happens if a wife seeks to become a muslim, or becomes one, and the husband remains (forever so) a nonmuslim?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Taalibah~
11-11-2007, 09:38 PM
According to my knowledge, if he remains a non-Muslim forever then the marriage breaks. However she should give him 3 months to decide and if by 3 months he still doesn't then the marriage will break. The same goes if the husband becomes a Muslim and the wife doesn't.
This is to the best of my knowledge...

islamic
11-11-2007, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha
According to my knowledge, if he remains a non-Muslim forever then the marriage breaks. However she should give him 3 months to decide and if by 3 months he still doesn't then the marriage will break.
I also think the same, it's not allowed for muslim woman to be married with non-muslim.

format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha
The same goes if the husband becomes a Muslim and the wife doesn't.
This is to the best of my knowledge...
Well, muslim man can marry non-muslim woman. It is allowed, as I know!

al-muslimah
11-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Yes it is allowed because if she is willing and since the men as Allah mentioned are qawamun ala-nisa( protectors over women and Allah gave them one more strenght over us) it is allowed.Well if a woman becomes Muslim and her husband was a muslim and apostasized or was non muslim while she is a muslim then of course she should leave him and its according to ther shara'eeh of Islam.Remember this happened to Ummul-Mumineen Umm Habibah bint Abi Sufyan(radiallahu anha) her husband Ubaidullah Ibn Jahsh( the sister of Zainab bint Jahsh) apostasized and bcame christian when they were in Abyssinia just because he was attracted to Khamr(alcohal) so they divorced and a few years later he died as a kafir and she later on married Muhammad(saw).So its haq.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
11-12-2007, 10:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamic
Well, muslim man can marry non-muslim woman. It is allowed, as I know!
:sl:

Only Jewish and Christian women though (people of the book).

islamic
11-14-2007, 11:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
:sl:

Only Jewish and Christian women though (people of the book).
right right right, good that you said that. :thumbs_up

------
11-14-2007, 01:36 PM
:salamext:

Is it allowed to stay married with a non Muslim man :?

Dawud_uk
11-17-2007, 06:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4
:salamext:

Is it allowed to stay married with a non Muslim man :?
assalaamu alaykum,

no, they are technicially divorced when she says her shahadah, but if he should embrace islam within her waiting period (about three months as three menstall cycles) then the marriage is valid again.

as for a man embracing islam first, it depends on if his wife is a CHASTE woman of the book.

that means a woman who before marriage didnt have improper sexual relations with anyone, i.e outside marriage and this is the same for brothers wanting to marry their girlfriends, isnt allowed as she isnt chaste and Allah swt has only given us permission to marry chaste women of the book not just any girl we meet in a night club.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.