/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help your Sisters in Islam!! Writers Needed!!

Angelzz
11-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim,

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatuallahi wa barakatahu,

InshaAllah this gets to you all in the best state of health and eman.

This is a call for all islamic article writers - beginners and seasoned alike to contribute on various islamic topics and in any creative form they wish - towards a NEW and EXCITING newsletter aimed at muslimahs in Australia. (though we have plans to take this worldwide , depending on feedback).

We are looking to get the newsletter in circulation very very soon and in different formats both print and electronic. We also have an online noticeboard and dawah room linked with this newsletter and a few other projects in the works. Alhamdulillah.

We are looking for talented and creative writers with various styles who would like to contribute for the sake of Allah swt for the purposes of dawah and sadaqa. InshaAllah it will count as Sadaqa Jariyah for you and it may be the deed that will help you get to Jannah al-firdous.

“If a human dies, then his good deeds stop except for three: a Sadaqa Jariyah (continuous charity), a beneficial knowledge, or a righteous child who prays for him.” – Sahih Muslim

For the moment we will be accepting all articles submitted -- however some may not make it in the first issue and may be used in subsequent issues inshaAllah. (We are accepting articles from brothers as well as sisters).

We would like writers to use a pen name or their LI usernames when signing off on the articles (however we will leave this up to if you choose to use your real name -- please keep in mind any privacy concerns as we will not be held responsible if it is violated - inshaAllah this does not happen).

Also as you all should be aware of -- there is no copyright in islam, however we are looking for fresh original work and not a rehash of the same storylines.
In saying that - if there is a particular article you may think is beneficial for us to include and use -- please provide the correct sources inshaAllah.

All work including Quran and hadiths should be sourced and referenced correctly inshaAllah.

Here are some ideas for topics below but please remember they must have an islamic angle and benefit inshaAllah

Revert Stories
Dawah Stories
General Articles
Sahaba/Sahabiyat
Quran/Tafseer
Hadith/Dua's
Poetry
Inspirational stories
Nutrition and Fitness
Health and Beauty
Recipes
Crafts
Back 2 Islam Basics
Home Remedies
Animals
Environment
Puzzles and Quizzes (with answers)
Other

Please note : First Round of Submissions Close on November 30th 2007 Australian Time - So you have a couple of weeks to send them in InshaAllah.

Please PM me if you are interested in submitting so I can include you on the database as we will provide you with a copy with the newsletter once your article is published.

Ill leave you all with something to reflect upon and inshaAllah looking forward to seeing you all support your fellow brothers and sisters working in the cause of Allah swt and Islam.

GOD IS AWARE OF THE GOOD THAT YOU DO
"They ask you (O Muhammad) what they should spend in charity. Say: 'Whatever you spend with a good heart, give it to parents, relatives, orphans, the helpless, and travellers in need. Whatever good you do, God is aware of it.'" - The Holy Quran, 2:215

CHARITY IS A PURIFIER
A man once said to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him): "I have plenty of property, a large family, a great deal of money, and I am a gracious host to my guests. Tell me how to conduct my life and how to spend (my money)." The Prophet replied: "Give (regular charity) out of your property, for truly it is a purifier, and be kind to your relatives and acknowledge the rights of the poor, neighbors and (those in need who seek your help)." - Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 3, Number 3

CHARITY SAVES

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Save yourself from hellfire by giving even half a date-fruit in charity." - Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Hadith 498

EVERY MUSLIM MUST GIVE IN CHARITY
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Every Muslim has to give in charity." The people then asked: "(But what) if someone has nothing to give, what should he do?" The Prophet replied: "He should work with his hands and benefit himself and also give in charity (from what he earns)." The people further asked: "If he cannot find even that?" He replied: "He should help the needy who appeal for help." Then the people asked: "If he cannot do (even) that?" The Prophet said finally: "Then he should perform good deeds and keep away from evil deeds, and that will be regarded as charitable deeds." - Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Hadith 524

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Angelzz
11-15-2007, 12:04 PM
****BUMP******

Comeon sisters & Brothers --- Please support us ---- there also has been word of a possible time extension inshaAllah.

PM with your interest inshaAllah

IbnAbdulHakim
11-15-2007, 12:13 PM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaah

i can write some poetry if you want inshaAllaah

Angelzz
11-15-2007, 12:24 PM
Yes please akhi --- would love that inshaAllah the more the merrier

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
11-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaah

I'll work on it this weekend then inshaAllaah

asma2
11-15-2007, 12:25 PM
i dont understand whr do i go if i want to join in

Re.TiReD
11-15-2007, 12:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by asma2
i dont understand whr do i go if i want to join in
PM the sister :)

Angelzz
11-15-2007, 12:35 PM
Asma please pm me ---- and looking forward to it akhi inshaAllah

Angelzz
11-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Assalamu alaykum everyone --- Just letting you all know we have been kindly granted a time extension on submissions alhamdulillah . Also due to the great feedback I have received we have decided to keep a open time line for submission from LI only alhamdulillah --- So what that means is anyone from LI can submit articles stories poems etc at any time to us and it will be accepted alhamdulillah for use in the upcoming issues.

So ppl --- LI has no excuse for not producing the best and the most articles for the magazine.

Looking forward to hearing from you all InshaAllah .

- Qatada -
11-17-2007, 07:37 PM
:salamext:

Insha Allaah.. seems interesting. Nice idea.

Angelzz
11-18-2007, 05:58 AM
JazakAllah Khair akhi --- inshaAllah we get more and more support especially from LI -- This is where i became muslim and I have high hopes to include as much work from LI brothers and sisters as a thank you for helping me with my questions etc --- this is my way of helping muslims and I need your contributions to do that , I cannot do this alone ---- Just as you all helped me accept islam, I now need you all again to help me help my sisters in islam InshaAllah.

Woodrow
11-18-2007, 07:13 AM
:sl:

Check your PMs

Rare Rose
11-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Beautiful idea

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.