/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assignment help :)

mrf05
11-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Hey,

i have a religion assignment at school where i have to interview some people of different religions about interfaith dialogue (people from other religions talking with each other) i really want to look into islamic!! :)

please if anyone would be kind enough to help me out by answering these interview questions because i really hope to have a response for islamic :D

here are the questions:

What is your religion? What do you believe in?
What do you know about interfaith dialogue?
How has interfaith dialogue impacted on you?
What are your views and opinions about interfaith dialogue?
How Have you communicated with people of other religions? (did it help you to understand and share different perspectives about religion?)
everything will be anonymous and i will not be including personal details such as name or location but so please if you have five minutes could you please answer the questions as best and detailed you can! it would make my day!! :)

Thank you so so much!!
Emily xxx

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
11-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Hello,

I have approved your thread and moved it into the General section as I think it fits better here.

Thank you for your interest in Islam and hopefully you will receive some responses soon :).

IbnAbdulHakim
11-12-2007, 12:41 PM
PEACE

What is your religion? What do you believe in?

Religion - ISLAM
Beliefs - There is ONLY one God,
He sends messengers and prophets through out time, many of these are Adam, Nuh (noah), Ibrahim (abraham, Musa (Moses), Eesa (jesus) and the last and final messenger Muhammad Peace be upon him (sallallahi alaihi wasallaam), the last and final messenger.

We believe in the angels and devils,the jinn and the unseen, we also believe in the punishment of the grave aswell as heaven and hell and the day of judgement.

We believe the Quran is Gods word and it is uncreated, we also believe that God is above the seven skies and has ascended his throne, we Do not say in what manner as God cannot be described.

We believe if you can even imagine God in the slightest then THAT IS NOT GOD, God is something our imagination cannot percieve, if you think God is a spirit and you give it a word and a meaning then that demolishes his being, he is what we cant comprehend.

We believe in his Asma wal sifaat (attributes and charasteristics) and we have been given many of these, however these attributes and charasteristics are NOTHING like the attributes and charasteristics of humans, For example we say God is merciful, and humans can be deemed to be merciful, however the Mercy of God is far greater and all encompassing, if a horse does not stomp on its mare then its due to the mercy of Allaah.

What do you know about interfaith dialogue?

It is important that we understand other religions and take them into consideration. We must know our boundaries and what we are dealing with. Peacefully co-existing is essential to everyoine and therefore it is important to have interfaith dialogues to come to an understanding about each other.

An interfaith dialogue is when two different religious figures get together to discuss certain aspects of the religion to come to a better understanding.

How has interfaith dialogue impacted on you?

Because i am a muslim and have researched the most on islaam and loved what i learned i find that the interfaith dialogues make more clear and vivid the truth of islaam and more clear and vivid the deviation of other religions. This is my opinion because i have logically come to a conclusion of their being one God only, and whilst other faiths may claim to be monotheistic when they have interfaith dialogues they stutter and strive when trying to explain the one true God whilst islaam is clear on this.

Also its made clear to me at least, that the rulings of islaam are the most practical when trying to achieve a goal, the others are more theory based and are clearly made for another time, not ours.

What are your views and opinions about interfaith dialogue?
i think its brilliant, it gives others the chance to come together and discuss whats most important, God and the true religion which he has decreed. I think this is the most important thing in life, and its a good chance to at least have a contrast of two faiths if not more. Its important we see both sides of the coin...

How Have you communicated with people of other religions? (did it help you to understand and share different perspectives about religion?)

When communicating with people of other religions i always love to hear what they have to say and discuss it, but after listening to them thoroughly i like to show them what i have and say why i take what i have (which is islaam). Yes it helped me learn how to co-operate, how to have patience, ive learned many things through interfaith dialogues, many people have a completely different idea of heaven and hell, a different idea of what this life on earth means, and having a discussion with people allows us to share our ideas and views and share deep discussions.

mrf05
11-14-2007, 06:13 AM
Thank you SO much!!! :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
11-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Your Welcome :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.