/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ''Worry about your own self!''

Intisar
11-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum, just some food for thought. May this be of benefit to all of us inshaa'Allah, and may this also reach you all in the highest imaan and best of health inshaa'Allah (ameen). :)

'Abdullah bin Mas'ud (radialahu anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah(salahu aleyhi wasalam) said:

"Verily, the most beloved speech to Allah is the servant's saying: "Glorified are You, O Allah, and to You is the praise, and Blessed is Your Name, and Lofty is Your Majesty, and there is none worthy of worship other than You." [Subhanak Allahumma wa bihamdik wa tabarak asmuk wa ta'ala jadduk wa la ilaha ghayruk]

The most hated speech to Allah is when a man says to another man: "Fear Allah!" and he replies: "Worry about your own self!""

['Silsilat al-Ahadith as-Sahihah'; # 2598]

Also Sufyân ath-Thawrî (rahimahullâh) said, “We met a people who loved it when it was said to them, Fear Allâh the Most High. Today you find that people only become annoyed at this.”

Wa Alaikum salaam,

Ameena.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
11-14-2007, 02:48 AM
Thread Approved.

------
11-14-2007, 12:09 PM
:salamext:

Too true!!!!!! Nowadays when you say, "Fear Allah", people say: "It's my life, I'll do what I want, you worry about yourself" :-\ It's like sheesh....

~Taalibah~
11-14-2007, 12:14 PM
:sl:
Alhamdulillah I've not come across some who said something like that, but More like 'i know!' I must think about myself and watch what i say, Insha'Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Camomilla
11-14-2007, 12:24 PM
so which one is not good, if you say "Fear Allah" or "Worry about your own self!"? :hiding:

Intisar
11-14-2007, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Camomilla
so which one is not good, if you say "Fear Allah" or "Worry about your own self!"? :hiding:
:sl: The jist of it sister is that someone telling you to fear Allah used to be considered a compliment, but nowadays people take it as an insult and say ''Worry about your own self!''

It is not something bad, looking out for your brothers and sisters in Islaam, but people take it as such perhaps because they feel that one who says that is being condescending.

al-muslimah
11-14-2007, 08:26 PM
The most hated speech to Allah is when a man says to another man: "Fear Allah!" and he replies: "Worry about your own self!""

['Silsilat al-Ahadith as-Sahihah'; # 2598]

INDEED THAT IS TRUE.SADAQTA RASULLAH.

InToTheRain
11-14-2007, 09:49 PM

On the flip side some do use it in vain or to provoke the other. As in to say "you do not fear Allah(SWT) more then me" or "Do you not believe in Allah(SWT)?" or say it instead of saying "How can you do such a thing?". You see what I am saying?

So it depends on the context under which you say it and the manner in which you say it. And the heaviest on the scales is fear of Allah(SWT) AND Good character.

~Taalibah~
11-15-2007, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z.AL-Rashid

On the flip side some do use it in vain or to provoke the other. As in to say "you do not fear Allah(SWT) more then me" or "Do you not believe in Allah(SWT)?" or say it instead of saying "How can you do such a thing?". You see what I am saying?
I do. And it happens.:(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.