/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ahmed Deedat on Ishmael

islamic
11-13-2007, 11:01 PM
Maybe i should put this on Multimedia but .. it's about Christianity and Judaism so .. if it should be there, the moderator will move it there :)

You can see this talk of Ahmed Deedat about Ishmael. I think it's good talk and explains some things.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KHXN-gYKzGE

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamic
11-20-2007, 06:40 PM
thread was approved, thanks to Allah.
I'd like to read Christian views on this.

Keltoi
11-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Well, I tried to make sense of it, but unfortunately the accent was so bad and the recording so spotty that it was difficult to understand what was being said. Perhaps you could sum up what his point actually is and then I can respond to it.

جوري
11-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Allah yer7mao Ahmad deedat.. he always teaches me something new still..I never knew of this before

Genesis 20
20:1 And Abraham journeyed from thence toward the south country, and dwelled between Kadesh and Shur, and sojourned in Gerar.
20:2 And Abraham said of Sarah his wife, She is my sister: and Abimelech king of Gerar sent, and took Sarah.

20:3 But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife.
20:4 But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, LORD, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation?
20:5 Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this.
20:6 And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.
20:7 Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore her not, know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that are thine
I was always amused that they were ok with Job who was of Ishmael's lineage...or say conceeding to the fact that God said 'take your ONLY son when he in fact had two, as enough evidence to their lies..but this is :haha: great ...

Allah yerhamo

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamic
11-20-2007, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Allah yer7mao Ahmad deedat.. he always teaches me something new still..I never knew of this before

............. this is :haha: great ...

MashAllah sister, I am very happy that with this link I've posted and thanks to Deedat you learned something new :smile: very very happy, it's really great.

I wonder, how ME , someone who's mother language is not English can understand what Deedat is talking, and unfortunately Keltoi can't :yawn:

Please sister PurestAmbrosia, could you explain to brother Keltoi what Deedat is talking?

جوري
11-20-2007, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamic
MashAllah sister, I am very happy that with this link I've posted and thanks to Deedat you learned something new :smile: very very happy, it's really great.

I wonder, how ME , someone who's mother language is not English can understand what Deedat is talking, and unfortunately Keltoi can't :yawn:

Please sister PurestAmbrosia, could you explain to brother Keltoi what Deedat is talking?
:sl:
No one wants to learn that their religion is false..it is shocking.. thus mockery and ridicule of a humble man seems like a good defense mechanism..
I didn't know that bit before myself was content to know that their bible professes 'the only son' when he had two, Ishmael being the first born and praised in other chapters... but they couldn't reconcile changing them all at once, so they did what they could and unfortunately constantly bites them in the A**... take for instance the fact that Abraham SWS was from Iraq originally not from Belgium or France but sayfor argument sake this ' frankish' moved into the 'promised land' that was given to him a gift.. why would he PURCHASE A LAND TO BURY HIS WIFE SARA FROM THE CANAANITES?.. I mean if the land belonged to them you'd think their father Abraham would have just taken it? Or how they reconcile Job to be a holy, patient man when he comes from the lineage of the '*******' Ishameal?
Anyhow..as in the words of Jesus SWS.. what would it matter if you have gained the world and lost your soul!

Keltoi
11-20-2007, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
:sl:
No one wants to learn that their religion is false..it is shocking.. thus mockery and ridicule of a humble man seems like a good defense mechanism..
I didn't know that bit before myself was content to know that their bible professes 'the only son' when he had two, Ishmael being the first born and praised in other chapters... but they couldn't reconcile changing them all at once, so they did what they could and unfortunately constantly bites them in the A**... take for instance the fact that Abraham SWS was from Iraq originally not from Belgium or France but sayfor argument sake this ' frankish' moved into the 'promised land' that was given to him a gift.. why would he PURCHASE A LAND TO BURY HIS WIFE SARA FROM THE CANAANITES?.. I mean if the land belonged to them you'd think their father Abraham would have just taken it? Or how they reconcile Job to be a holy, patient man when he comes from the lineage of the '*******' Ishameal?
Anyhow..as in the words of Jesus SWS.. what would it matter if you have gained the world and lost your soul!

Huh? I didn't ridicule anyone, and I have no need for a defense mechanism for anything this man might say. As for the point of the lecture...I'm still rather confused. Is the issue about who God promised the Holy Land to? That seems to be the general idea I come away with.

islamic
11-20-2007, 10:42 PM
anyone here with English speaking primary language who understands what Deedat is talking? Please watch the video and explain to Keltoi.
Or, should I try to explain with my bad English?

islamic
11-20-2007, 10:49 PM
I will add here Genesis 20:12 and it says:

"And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife."
and

Genesis 21:1-8 The birth of Isaac.
Genesis 21:9-14 Ishmael the ******* son and Hagar his mother are cast out of Abraham's house.
Genesis 21:15-21 Ishmael becomes the father of the Arabs.

جوري
11-20-2007, 10:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Huh? I didn't ridicule anyone,
Must be a languge barrier then?..funny.. I have dealt with folk who needed their Labial Frenulum cut off and I still understood them.. Maybe it is selective..

and I have no need for a defense mechanism for anything this man might say.
As you wish :mmokay:
As for the point of the lecture...I'm still rather confused.
The point of his lecture I have quoted already from Genesis as to his relationship to his sister--er wife sara!

Is the issue about who God promised the Holy Land to? That seems to be the general idea I come away with.
No, it isn't the issue, though generally it should be made into a topic...
Bible wrought with error how can you reconcile your life as a christian with a non-reliable book?

cheers

Keltoi
11-20-2007, 11:50 PM
I can reconcile my life as a Christian just fine thank you. As for the point of the thread, perhaps some other Christian might gather enough interest to comment, but with the vague nature of this issue I don't really have anything to add.

جوري
11-21-2007, 12:01 AM
the issue is almost like a mystery wrapped in an enigma...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.