/* */

PDA

View Full Version : one important question

infinitelove
11-15-2007, 08:22 AM
just have a look at this pictures, you must be knowing about it. its when muslims throw stones at the so called satan when they are on hajj. could any educated and knowledgable muslim tell me why they used the PILLAR as a satan. why the pillar as the symbol. wts the reason of using it.

also this pillar has been changed to a wall? any reasons for it?

explain please

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
11-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Thread Approved

al-muslimah
11-17-2007, 12:06 AM
How is it approved when know one has given the answer?

The pillar is not shaytan.When Ibrahim(as) went to sacrifice his son Ismail(as) because Allah ordered him to he was passing that area and Satan appeared to him and began to whisper to him things like how could you want to kill your own beloved son?So he and his wife Hajar and his son began to collect pebbles and throw it at him(shaytan adoowa allah) and that is where the sunnah is from.May Allah guide you.The place is called Jarmala and what wall it that I don't get the wall part.

Abi786
11-18-2007, 10:27 PM
As no one has given an answer to this question - i thought i would give my opinion of what i think (please correct me if what i have said is incorrect)

the pillar is a representation of where the devil was standing and therefore is just a point where the pebbles should strike to complete the sunnah that our beloved Prophet completed as part of the rites of the Hajj.

The reason that i think the pillar has been changed to a wall is because the number of Muslims now performing the Hajj has increased greatly and therefore the number of people completing this sunnah at any one time is so great that targeting a "thin" pillar must be more difficult then aiming for a wider wall (the pebbles have to strike the pillar/wall) and therefore having it changed to a wall must have been a logical decision by the Saudi authorities.

Hope this answers your question

But hope one of the Brothers or sisters on the forum will correct me if this information is incorrect.

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
yashal
11-27-2007, 06:09 AM
thanks for information....Al-muslimah
i am really thankful

gharibeh
11-27-2007, 07:57 AM
In the name of Allah
good question,

In addition to those explanation,throwing is only sign that God (Allah) has put in Islam to invite us to fight with satan,when a huge poulation start to throw stone toward the sign of satan you will feel much confidence to fight with satan.

it is not important whether it is a wall or another shape,the most important is to encourage muslims to fight with satan in their life.

Allah bless you.

mariam.
12-16-2007, 08:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-muslimah
How is it approved when know one has given the answer?

The pillar is not shaytan.When Ibrahim(as) went to sacrifice his son Ismail(as) because Allah ordered him to he was passing that area and Satan appeared to him and began to whisper to him things like how could you want to kill your own beloved son?So he and his wife Hajar and his son began to collect pebbles and throw it at him(shaytan adoowa allah) and that is where the sunnah is from.May Allah guide you.The place is called Jarmala and what wall it that I don't get the wall part.
sorry sister, this place is called jamrah .. not jarmala

------
12-17-2007, 05:16 PM
:salamext:

also this pillar has been changed to a wall? any reasons for it?
So people can get the stones to hit the pillar, if I'm not wrong.

adeeb
12-24-2007, 09:20 AM
the number of pilgrim increase greatly...so they need to make bigger stone and change it into the wall...

it won't change the ritual or the meaning of jumra...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.