/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ihram

Pk_#2
11-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Why is it that women are not allowed to wear a face veil and gloves when they're in ihraam?

Just wanted a reason, not that there needs to be one, but to make sure if there is one,

Jazakallahu khairun in advance,

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
11-16-2007, 05:55 PM
Thread Approved

~Taalibah~
11-20-2007, 10:36 PM
:sl:
I dont know about not wearing a veil. I know that nothing must touch your face. My Mother wears a cap with the niqaab sewn on, thus it being some distance from her face.

Abida
11-24-2007, 04:22 PM
I didnt know about that.. Why?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
H4RUN
11-25-2007, 10:34 PM

Logically, about the niqaab, maybe just maybe it's because of the huge numbers of pilgrims, hence it's alot easier to spot your wife/sister/mother. The last thing you'd want is to lose contact with them in the hustle and bustle of the Hajj period, or even all year round when performing an Umrah. Just a thought...

As for the gloves...*silence* i have no ideas, other than they're hands will get too hot *roll eyes*

Pk_#2
11-25-2007, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN

Logically, about the niqaab, maybe just maybe it's because of the huge numbers of pilgrims, hence it's alot easier to spot your wife/sister/mother. The last thing you'd want is to lose contact with them in the hustle and bustle of the Hajj period, or even all year round when performing an Umrah. Just a thought...

As for the gloves...*silence* i have no ideas, other than they're hands will get too hot *roll eyes*
How is this so? They're still wearing the face veil, it's just it is not touching their face as they wear a cap thing, a semi - cap thing actually.

chacha_jalebi
11-25-2007, 10:49 PM
i believe your not meant to cover the face, but i dont know why :p

and caps? dont you mean hijab?

Al_Imaan
11-25-2007, 10:55 PM
niqaab isn't obligated rite?...sorry if I'm off topic...

Khayal
11-26-2007, 05:14 AM

I tried my best to find your answer...BUT all I found is this imsad I don't know If it will help or not....but at least you will get the Idea...InshaAllah :)

Volume 5, Page 44a: Covering the Face

Ash-Shafi'i and Sa'id bin Mansur reported from Al-Qasim that he said: "Uthman ibn 'Affan, Zaid ibn Thabit, and Marwan ibn Al-Hakam used to cover their faces while in the state of ihram." Taw'us said: "A person in the state of ihram may cover his face if there is dust or ashes." Mujahid said: "If there was a sandstorm they covered their faces while in the state of ihram."

Source.

Covering the face for women: Muhrim women are not permitted to cover their faces except when non-Mahram men (those who are not related to them and whom they can get married to) pass near them. In this case, a woman may cover her face even if the covering touches her skin. A Muhrim woman may wear whatever kind of garment she wishes (that meets Islaamic criterion), without exposing parts of her body if she is in the presence of men who are not allowed to look at her uncovered.

Source.

7- One of the prohibitions of ihram that applies only to women is niqab, which refers to a veil that covers the face and leaves the eyes uncovered, because the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) forbade that. A similar prohibition applies to the burqa`. When a woman enters ihram, she should not wear a niqab or burqa`.

With regard to the one who does any of these forbidden things out of forgetfulness or ignorance or because he is forced to do so, he does not have to offer any expiation, because Allah says: (And there is no sin on you concerning that in which you made a mistake except in regard to what your hearts deliberately intend.) (Al-Ahzab 33:5)

Source.

Khayal
11-26-2007, 06:12 AM

I found some more information, Alhamdulilah.

As for a woman pilgrim, she may wear all of the above. But she is forbidden to use perfumed clothes, a veil that covers the face, and gloves.

Ibn `Umar reported: "Allah's Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him, forbade women pilgrims from wearing gloves, veils, and clothes dyed with saffron or warse (A sweet smelling plant that was used to dye clothes yellow). Besides these, they may wear anything else, any color, silk clothes, ornaments, trousers, or a shirt or shoes."
(Reported by Abu Dawud, Al-Baihaqi and Al-Hakim, with a sound chain of authorities)

Bukhari reported that `A’ishah wore a dress that was dyed with `Usfur (Usfur: safflower, the red dyestuff prepared from its flower heads) while she was in a state of Ihram, and she said: "A woman must neither wear a veil to cover her face, nor wear clothes that are dyed with saffron or other fragrant dyeing material." Jabir said: "I do not consider `Usfur a scent."

`A’ishah held that there is no harm for women pilgrims in wearing ornaments, black or rose-colored clothes and shoes.

Bukhari and Ahmad have reported that the Prophet, peace and blessing be upon him, said: "A pilgrim woman must neither cover her face nor wear gloves." This proves that a woman in the state of Ihram should not cover her face and hands. The scholars, however, say that there is no harm if she covered her face with something other than a veil. She may also use an umbrella or similar item as a screen between men and herself. But if she is afraid of tempting others she must cover her face.

`A’ishah said: "Men on camels used to pass by us while we were with the Prophet, peace and blessing be upon him, and in the state of Ihram. We would cover our faces with our gowns when they passed by us, and then uncover them again."
This is reported by Abu Dawud and Ibn Majah. `Ata, Malik, Ath-Thawri, Ash-Shafi`i, Ahmad, and Ishaq hold that it permissible for women to cover their faces in the state of Ihram.

Source.

:w:

H4RUN
11-26-2007, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
How is this so? They're still wearing the face veil, it's just it is not touching their face as they wear a cap thing, a semi - cap thing actually.

Not quite following that, but as the above reply says, you shouldnt have veil on anyway, so how can you 'still be wearing the face veil'? I might just have misunderstood something there.

chacha_jalebi
11-26-2007, 11:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN

Not quite following that, but as the above reply says, you shouldnt have veil on anyway, so how can you 'still be wearing the face veil'? I might just have misunderstood something there.
you've misunderstood many stuff my old chap :p

H4RUN
11-26-2007, 11:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
you've misunderstood many stuff my old chap :p

You're quite right my brother:(

I thought you were normal....

Ahem
Lets not ruin this thread my lad:)

chacha_jalebi
11-26-2007, 11:31 PM
^ by that reply you made me out to look bad lol :mmokay:

by lookin @ sister khayals post i think, its accepted if you do or dont cover your face in ihram . . .

Pk_#2
11-29-2007, 10:41 AM
Jazakillah khair Kayal xx

We got there in the end.

------
11-29-2007, 12:56 PM
:salamext:

When I went on Umrah a couple of years back, I saw some women there covered head to toe :muddlehea

Pk_#2
11-29-2007, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4
:salamext:

When I went on Umrah a couple of years back, I saw some women there covered head to toe :muddlehea
so?

Let them, maybe they're not in ihram, And feeling VERY cold

Blesssssssss!!!!!!

WalaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.