/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Yasir Qadhi refutes 'Dispatches - Undercover Mosques'

Ummu Sufyaan
11-16-2007, 07:36 AM
:sl:
this clip is basically a refute of a show (i dont know what its called), which sent out uncover offices to (i cant remember the name of the mosque :hiding:). and basically took out of context what the lectures were saying. is this familiar to anyone.
Media Tags are no longer supported

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jzcasejz
11-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Wa'alaykum Salaam

Yeah this happened a while back. The Masjid they showed was Green Lane Masjid down in Birmingham. They took Shaykh Feiz', Abu Usaamah's words out of context, amongst other people aswell. They even showed clips of the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia.

It's a stupid documentary, not even worth watching.

EDIT: Heres a thread that was once created on this topic: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ght=dispatches

Ummu Sufyaan
11-16-2007, 10:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
Wa'alaykum Salaam

Yeah this happened a while back. The Masjid they showed was Green Lane Masjid down in Birmingham. They took Shaykh Feiz', Abu Usaamah's words out of context, amongst other people aswell. They even showed clips of the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia.

It's a stupid documentary, not even worth watching.

EDIT: Heres a thread that was once created on this topic: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ght=dispatches
i know! i didn't see all the video. but as far as i understood the mosque under question is hooked up to saudi tv, and they (the people in the mosque) ask questions to the mufti), directly. get what i mean? i have saudi tv, and i have watched a few episodes of the fatwa show they are refering to. and i dont remeber anything like what they're saying. as far as i know, they mainly take questions from poeple in the middle east.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.