/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Read This Thread

aamirsaab
11-16-2007, 10:33 AM
:sl:

Please keep in mind that the world affairs is not a fighting ground. If someone posts a thread that highlights muslims in a bad light it doesn't mean you have to post one that puts non-muslims in a bad light. I hate this tit for tat stuff - it makes my blood boil and my doctor told me to keep my blood pressure down!

Secondly, please post the sources or the links. I know most of you do, but there are around 8 threads that have not been approved simply because they have no source. Please remember to include the source link. You can either put it in url format e.g :[url = blah blah blah ] [/url] without the spaces; or you can simply copy and paste the link into the Original post.
Bottom line is: put the **** link in!

Lastly, this section is mainly to do with the global news. So whenever you read the title: world affairs, think Global news as opposed to anything goes. Also, the threads in here don't always have to be about conflicts - there is a lot of nice news as well so please don't just sit on bbc or google news all day looking for some really violent or traumatising news links to post up here - you're making me depressed with all the negative info!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
11-16-2007, 10:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Lastly, this section is mainly to do with the global news. So whenever you read the title: world affairs, think Global news as opposed to anything goes. Also, the threads in here don't always have to be about conflicts - there is a lot of nice news as well so please don't just sit on bbc or google news all day looking for some really violent or traumatising news links to post up here - you're making me depressed with all the negative info!
Yeah... what he really means is, it doesn't just have to be about the war in X country, or the struggle in Y country. By all means, post about them, but don't worry if you have more general news items.

But please do remember to provide the sources. A lot of the threads awaiting approval lack them. Inshallah (that means 'God-willing', or, if you don't believe in Him then... well, you get the point), we'll see if something can be done behind the scenes to make posting sources easier.

aamirsaab
11-18-2007, 11:27 AM
BUMP

noorahmad
11-18-2007, 12:16 PM
assalam walaikum,
i was just wondering, what if the member himself wrote the article??

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
11-18-2007, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noorahmad
assalam walaikum,
i was just wondering, what if the member himself wrote the article??
WalaykumSalaam,

Theres nothing wrong with it, say you wrote it, so that they don't gotta go search for a link, when there is none obviously,

Hope you're well akhi, make dua for ummah inshaAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.