/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What could be done here!!!!!

aqsakhan
11-17-2007, 05:23 AM
Assalam-o-alaikum
being a muslim i know that music in islam is restricted,only the use of daf is allowed,but i m tooo much addicted to the music and listening to songs.Its not that i had never tried to stop this practice i had tried many times but no results.
Most of the times it happens that i stop listening to the music for may be couple of weeks but than all goes in vain and i come to that same bad place where i was bforeimsad
I knowing that it is not allowed i dont want to do it
Please if anyone too had faced this problem and had shooted it out that has solved it please tell me and guide me through some easy steps to stay away from it.
:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
barney
11-17-2007, 05:32 AM
I suppose the first step would be getting rid of all MP3 players, CD's and music Video's and files on the old putor.

Next I would make sure that the Radio is tuned into something either Islamic or maybey Radio 4 BBC, that is pretty much all talking, no music.

It will be a start.

i did read a post earlier that if you overhear music, but it was not your intention to listen to it, then there is no harm...might be wrong on this and of course a muslim will advise you better :)

aqsakhan
11-17-2007, 05:39 AM
jazakallah khair for your reply too

aqsakhan
11-17-2007, 05:41 AM
but its like a fever which goes and comes back
i mean i even destroy the means of music but than when it comes into my mind i again go to purchase it i mean its something which is like drug to which i want to get rid of but just cud not

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
samiaqsa
11-17-2007, 07:38 AM
i think sister u should talk to your self to your nafs that it need to go to jannah not to jahannum each time u go on to listen music inshahallah hope that works

-Elle-
11-17-2007, 09:33 PM

Ok,what I'd advise you to do is cut out music progressively out of your life.Like,let's say you listen to it 3 times a days for an hour,try cutting back to once a day for an hour...then once every two days,then once a week...

In the long run,you'll get use to this routine and you'll find ourself forgetting to listen to music.Trust me,it works.

Also,when doing this,try listening to the same songs over and over,don't download/buy new songs,listen to the same ones.Yeah,at first it won't have much effect,but in the long run,you'll get bored of them and since you won't have listened to any new kind of music,you won't have that urge hear it anymore.

Hope it helps!

:w:

------
11-18-2007, 10:19 AM
:salamext:

I used to be exactly like you sis. It depends on the level of your Imaan. How strong your Imaan is. You will end up deleting all the tracks from computer, throwing CDs away at the beginning.....this might be because of your fear of the punishment, or purely because Islam says its not allowed.

However, shaytaan will try to make u listen again and again and again....I found myself listening to music (bollywood) mainly when I was in a certain mood, and you listen to the songs that support what mood you are in at that moment...

Sometimes it takes a person months, even years to stop listening to music...All I'm going to say is try your best....if you start listening to it again then repent Inshaa Allaah, and never despair of Allaah swt's Mercy because He always forgives sins, if you sincerely repent and turn back to Him.

I hope I was of assistance Inshaa Allaah, if you have any more questions then please do ask. Take Care. :)

EDIT: Congratulations for becoming a Full Member :D

aqsakhan
11-18-2007, 10:49 AM
jazakallah khair dear sisters houda and muj4h1d4 i really got amazed that you understood the main problem that it really depends on mood but inshahallah i want to save my eeman from every evil thing and will do my best for it inshahallah

------
11-18-2007, 10:59 AM

My dua's are with you sister :) May Allaah swt help you and other Muslims get through this test, Ameen.

anonymous
11-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Salaam sis..

I myself am in a similar situation. I listened to very little music from when i was 16 to 19. I was able to avoid it, I choose friends that would respect the fact that I was striving against this desire to listen. Since I was young Ive always been really fond of music and I loved the piano and I loved singing, so i was pleased I could give it up.... but recently Ive had a trip and find myself listening to it all the time. Im surrounded by music now, its everywhere....

One thing I have realised is that this is something you have to do on your own no one can help you, no one else will turn their music off for you. You yourself have to make sure you are cautious about your company and your surroundings.

Good luck and pray for me too.

------
11-18-2007, 11:01 AM

One thing I have realised is that this is something you have to do on your own no one can help you, no one else will turn their music off for you. You yourself have to make sure you are cautious about your company and your surroundings.
Very true sis....

IbnAbdulHakim
11-18-2007, 11:13 AM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

3 words sister, and these 3 words will go a long inshaAllaaH !

"keep good company"

Because they will make you feel so warm inside that all you wanna do is be close to Allaah, to please him and worship him, you will end up mastering Al-Wara' wal Bara', which is loving and hating for the sake of Allaah. Anything which you think will slightly displease your Lord you will abandon because you yourself will hate it.

If only you knew the difference companionship makes... i would abandon my family if i feared for my emaan, thats how scary it is 4 me at least...

The Ruler
11-18-2007, 01:12 PM

A simple suggestion to improvement would be breath control. Try to sit and breathe deeply in and out whilst aware of your surrounding. Pick up on every little noise, every disturbance of silence. You'll find your heart lighten. Do this whenever possible. Make it a routine everyday for 30 minutes. Not only does it brings confidence, but it helps a lot to control your desires [e.g. Musika. Do not go any further please].

------
11-18-2007, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Liúyú de Lian

A simple suggestion to improvement would be breath control. Try to sit and breathe deeply in and out whilst aware of your surrounding. Pick up on every little noise, every disturbance of silence. You'll find your heart lighten. Do this whenever possible. Make it a routine everyday for 30 minutes. Not only does it brings confidence, but it helps a lot to control your desires [e.g. Musika. Do not go any further please].

Where'd u learn this?

Noor_
11-18-2007, 03:53 PM
I listen to music all the time because it moves me... does that make me a sinner?

------
11-18-2007, 03:54 PM

What do u mean it moves you? At the end of the day, Music isn't beneficial for a Muslim, because the thoughts of the person stray to other than Islam...and the aim of life...which is to attain Jannah.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-18-2007, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noor_
I listen to music all the time because it moves me... does that make me a sinner?
Yes and Allaah knows best

Assalamu Alaikum

Noor_
11-18-2007, 04:09 PM
I'm new here so hello :-)

and I posted something in the Advice section but I don't think it's come up yet..
I'm a bit confused at the moment and I would appreciate any help you could give me.

------
11-18-2007, 05:00 PM

Sis Noor, what do u mean it moves you?

Abi786
11-18-2007, 08:54 PM
From personal experience of living in the West i agree it is very difficult to "avoid" music as it is everywhere - you cant go into a shop without hearing the store radio!

Also it is very difficult when you are living with people that do not support what you are trying to do - its very hard to leave the room everytime MTV is switched on!!

I agree with sisters houda and muj4h1d4 it is something that has to be gradually weaned off - i now only listen to islamic cassesttes in my car on Journeys and have also deleted the radio settings in the car, I have also taken the HiFi out of my room so my bedroom and my car, where i would be tempted i have controlled by removing the temptation.:smile:

The next step is tackling the TV watched in the living room!!

Baby steps are better than no steps - my advise, ask Allah swt for guidance and inshallah you will succeed, just keep faith and perservere.

snakelegs
11-18-2007, 10:30 PM
if you want to stop listening to music but find it too hard, i would suggest you do it gradually.
i would recommend qawwali in the meantime - great spirit, islamic content.

Abdul-Raouf
11-19-2007, 03:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aqsakhan
Assalam-o-alaikum
being a muslim i know that music in islam is restricted,only the use of daf is allowed,but i m tooo much addicted to the music and listening to songs.Its not that i had never tried to stop this practice i had tried many times but no results.
Most of the times it happens that i stop listening to the music for may be couple of weeks but than all goes in vain and i come to that same bad place where i was bforeimsad
I knowing that it is not allowed i dont want to do it
Please if anyone too had faced this problem and had shooted it out that has solved it please tell me and guide me through some easy steps to stay away from it.
Same problem for me too....imsad

I was once addicted to music..The Tamil and hindi songs....i used to make the windows in my house shiver.. with the woofers - bass....

i have stopped it 90%... ---> i hear it suddenly(for few minutes).... but
Thats all because i watch tv... when browsing through channels.. it happens...

Currently im building a wall around my Nafs... I got to build it much stronger..

Insha'allah... I will stop it completely soon..Insha'allah...

aqsakhan
11-20-2007, 08:22 AM
JAZAKALLAH to everyone and their suggestions its very true that it totally depends on how hard attempt you made to avoid music just for the sake of ALLAH swt and to stay away from sins.
Past few days i have tried to avoid musics like i used to tune in to music because i was feeling a lottttt alone and unhappy so i used to listen music but now i just do what is i made an attempt to hate music as if like when some one suffers from a disease that person try to avoid those things which could make it even worse so its same here,i think it to b a disease and yes it is because it is nafs's wish which i used to fulfill no i dont fulfill its wish and just go on to avoid it i give a lottt of time to my books and my family so that satan dont get a minutest chance to come to me ALHUMDULILLAH it is working first i just used to destroy these things like the players headphones but than i purchased brand new one adding to the sins of wasting money than i thought to take control over my nafs and feel it as my biggest enemy i do everything against its wish and ALHUMDULILLAH its helping in not just reducing on music but also to other fields toooooooooooooooooo
Jazakallah to everyone for such true and warm suggestions and anonymous i will truely pray for you also inshahallah

aqsakhan
11-20-2007, 08:26 AM
dear brother i will inshahallah pray for u and for whole ummah because this music never being beneficial is in our nerves i mean we muslims are also addicted to this as hell but inshahallah ta'aala ALLAH will do best for those who will and have that guilt to leave it

aqsakhan
11-20-2007, 08:28 AM
sis noor what help do you need ?you can ask me inshahallah sisters and brothers here very helpfull they will make it easy for u ok b frank to ask inshahallah we will help you

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!