/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Kissing the Ka’bah is not prescribed in sharee’ah

Ummu Sufyaan
11-17-2007, 12:19 PM
:sl:

Question:
Is kissing the Holy Ka’bah during the rituals of Hajj or ‘Umrah halaal or haraam?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

What is prescribed is to kiss the Black Stone. It was proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) kissed the Black Stone, but he did not kiss any other part of the Holy Ka’bah.

And Allaah is the Source of strength. May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions. End quote.

Standing Committee for Academic Research and Issuing Fatwas

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz, Shaykh ‘Abd al-Razzaaq ‘Afeefi, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ghadyaan.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Ifta (11/228, 229).
:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
05-12-2008, 12:27 PM
:salamext:

Nothing is wrong in Kissing the Kabah if u want to.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-12-2008, 12:29 PM
^ dont speak against a sheikhs fatwa from your own words. If you wish to say something against it prove your proof!

if only you knew the harms of the smallest misguidance from the sunnah...

listen to this:

http://www.salafitapes.com/index.php...=569&Itemid=71

------
05-12-2008, 12:31 PM

Why do people exaggerate over one lil thing?!?! Next ur gonna say its bidah to kiss the Qur'aan...puh-lease...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
05-12-2008, 12:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Brok3n -

Why do people exaggerate over one lil thing?!?! Next ur gonna say its bidah to kiss the Qur'aan...puh-lease...

------
05-12-2008, 12:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503544452

Pk_#2
05-12-2008, 12:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ dont speak against a sheikhs fatwa from your own words. If you wish to say something against it prove your proof!

if only you knew the harms of the smallest misguidance from the sunnah...

listen to this:

Ahh dat was harsh *wak*, we are prone to making mistakes,

JazakAllah khair thread starter,

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Umar001
05-12-2008, 12:43 PM
We just have to be careful, sometimes we see something as a small issue or nothing wrong, and sometimes we maybe right, sometimes not, thats why it is best to follow the people of knowledge.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-12-2008, 12:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Happy
Ahh dat was harsh *wak*, we are prone to making mistakes,
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.
what was harsh lol?

sis broken if the prophet sallallahu alaihi wasallaam or the khulaafa ur-rashideen didnt do something then there is greater reward in following them :)

cute123
05-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Jazaikhair ! Sis. -the thread starter.

'Abd-al Latif
05-12-2008, 11:33 PM

Well it is bid'ah...

To kiss the Qur'an and then place it between one's eyes is an act of worship, through which one seeks closeness to Allah (swt). And acts of worship only become legitimate when irrefutable proofs establish their foundations. There is no such proof for the practice in question, but we do have a proof that we do not have doubts about, in which the Prophet (saws) said,

"Whoever introduces into this affair of ours that which is not from it, it is rejected"

The Companions performed only those acts of worship that they learned from the Messenger of Allah (saw). When 'Umar (r.a) saw the Black Stone he said "You neither cause harm nor benefit, and had not the Messenger of Allah kissed you, I would not have kissed you". When Mu'aawiyah kissed all corners of the Ka'bah, Ibn 'Abbaas (r.a) reproached him for adding to the practice of the Prophet (saaws). And when Al-Musayyib saw a man performing much Rukoo' (bowing) and prostration after Fajr Prayer, he censured him. The man said "O Aba Muhammad, will Allah punish me for praying?" Ibn Musayyib said, "No, but for going against the Sunnah (which is to pray directly after Fajr prayer until after the sun rises)."

The Permanent Council (of Scholars in Saudi Arabia) said: We know of no proof that establishes the legislation of kissing the Nobal Qur'an, which was revealed to be recited, to be contemplated, and to be acted upon.

[Fatwa # 8852 (4/122)]
Reference: Book of Manners by Fu'ad 'Abdul-'Azeez Ash-Shuloob, Page 51-52. Chapter: Manners of Reciting the Qur'an.

------
05-13-2008, 08:17 AM

^ What's ur point?!

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503544452

'Abd-al Latif
05-13-2008, 04:17 PM
Whereas yours is a view of a sheikh, my sources show the view of the sahaba themselves. If your only reason for posting is to argue, refute and debate then your waisting your time. Knowledge should bring about fear of Allah, not to busy one self with wordly issues.

w/salam

Al-Zaara
05-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Once a non Muslim saw in an interviewa man, he was reading a book and kissed it afterwards. The non Muslim was left thinking what kind of book is this to have such a value that you want to kiss it? He looked it up, read and found the truth, elhamdulillah. Just that act of love made a big difference to someone.

We do not know of any evidence (daleel) to suggest that it is prescribed in sharee’ah to kiss it, but if a person does so, there is nothing wrong with that. It was narrated that the great Sahaabi ‘Ikrimah ibn Abi Jahl used to kiss the Mus-haf and say, “This is the word of my Lord.” Whatever the case, there is nothing wrong with kissing it, but it is not prescribed to do so and there is nothing to indicate that it is prescribed in sharee’ah. But if a person kisses it as an act of veneration and respect if it falls from his hand or from a high place, there is nothing wrong with that, in sha Allaah.

Source: Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi’ah li Samaahat al-Shaykh al-‘Allaamah ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him), vol. 9, p. 289

-

Imam an-Nawawi reported that when Ikrimah (may Allah be pleased with him) used to see the Holy Qur'an, he used to put it on his head and kiss it and show a great deal of respect for it, saying "This is the book of Allah, this is the book of Allah."
From this Imam as-Suyuti said it is good to kiss the Holy Qur'an, also drawing an analogy with the black stone in the Ka'bah. Both are to be seen as a gift from Allah.
Similarly, in the same way that we kiss our children to show affection and love, it is a sign of our devotion and love for Allah to kiss the Holy Qur'an.

'Abd-al Latif
05-13-2008, 05:54 PM
*sigh*

Can you refer me to a book instead of copy and paste fatwa's? Anyone can shop for fatwas until you find that ounce of information that you suits you. I want to see more views on this because I refuse to blind follow, until then i'm not convinced.

Meanwhile, here is another thing i've found http://www.darassalaf.com/home/index...do_pdf=1&id=17

------
05-13-2008, 06:25 PM

^ There is more than one opinion - don't be narrow minded mate

'Abd al-Baari
05-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh,

Can we please try to stay on topic. The original purpose of the thread was about Kissing the Ka'abah not the Qura'an.

However i would like to add,

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

If the scholars differed concerning it in their fatwas or what is heard in their exhortations and advice, for example, then he should follow the one who he thinks is closer to the truth in his knowledge and religious commitment.
[Liqa’ al-Baab il-Maftooh (no. 46, question no. 1136) ]

Theres no need for a debate on the matter is there?

JazakAllah Khayr

:w:

truemuslim
05-13-2008, 06:36 PM
^ Jazakallah khair brother

and jazakallah khair sis Ramlah for the topic. :)

Al-Zaara
05-13-2008, 08:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnMuhammad
*sigh*

Can you refer me to a book instead of copy and paste fatwa's? Anyone can shop for fatwas until you find that ounce of information that you suits you. I want to see more views on this because I refuse to blind follow, until then i'm not convinced.
*sigh*

I've seen you copy-paste fatawa, now what's wrong with me doing it? We can't go and make our own judgments, for that we've got fatawa, right? And every fatwa you use is a fatwa that suits you, because you've accepted it.
Ikrima, Umaar and Uthman are said to have kissed the Qur'an. Ibn Abidin - Hashiyat rad al muhtar 5:244-246 and al Zarkashi - Ulum al-Quran 1:478 Al Kattani - Nizam al Hukuma al Nabawiyya 2:196-197 - al-Taratib al-Idariyya ("Prophetic Governance - also known as The Administrative Constitution"), Abdullah ibn Mubarak - al-Jihad no. 56.
Imam Ahmad radiAllahu anhu records this and Imam ibn Taymiyah acknowledges this fact.

Lastly, I just thought a post from another member in another forum was interesting and well put so I'm gonna paste it here:

You need to differenciate between two points (the same applies to other things like Mawlid):
(1) The first point is in regards to asking those who don't kiss the Quran to kiss the Quran.
(2) The second point is in regards to asking those who do kiss the Quran to stop kissing the Quran.

If asking someone to kiss the Quran because 'kissing the Quran is obligation' or 'kissing the Quran is recommended', then, one should provide a daleel (Quran or Prophetic Sunna) that shows how the ruling (obligation or recommended) was made/extracted. On the other hand, asking someone to stop kissing the Quran requires a 'daleel' which shows that this action is either forbidden, disliked, or an innovation. Unfortunately, when it comes to this point, if there is no daleel that it is forbidden or disliked, there are two line of reasonings/understanding:
- The first one says the action is an innovation without looking at its permissiblity.
- The second one says the action is permissible or even a good innovation (bid'a hasana) if it doesn't contain 'haram' or 'makrooh' things.

When it comes to kissing the Quran, it is the seen, by the second group, as something permissible especially that some of the salaf have done it. Those who do kiss the Quran cannot ask those who don't do it to do it unless it is an advice out of respect to the Quran. Also, those who don't kiss the Quran cannot ask those who do it to stop doing it.

But I shall leave the thread now and not continue this, I'm way off-topic and that's not of good behaviour.

Selam aleykum

IbnAbdulHakim
05-13-2008, 09:23 PM
ikhtilaaf *rubs head*

how comes one fatwa shows so many sahaabis warning against it and one shows only one sahabi (ikrimah) kissing it.

well i guess you can follow whichever but the stronger opinion clearly seems against it.

and seein as its not sunnah nor wajib not fard.. why not just avoid it?

i hope my logic isnt messed up here, coz seriously we should be safe...

also doing what wasnt done by the sahabis is a really bad thing so we should stay away from that inshAllaah

'Abd-al Latif
05-13-2008, 09:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
*sigh*

I've seen you copy-paste fatawa, now what's wrong with me doing it? We can't go and make our own judgments, for that we've got fatawa, right? And every fatwa you use is a fatwa that suits you, because you've accepted it.
Ikrima, Umaar and Uthman are said to have kissed the Qur'an. Ibn Abidin - Hashiyat rad al muhtar 5:244-246 and al Zarkashi - Ulum al-Quran 1:478 Al Kattani - Nizam al Hukuma al Nabawiyya 2:196-197 - al-Taratib al-Idariyya ("Prophetic Governance - also known as The Administrative Constitution"), Abdullah ibn Mubarak - al-Jihad no. 56.
Imam Ahmad radiAllahu anhu records this and Imam ibn Taymiyah acknowledges this fact.

Lastly, I just thought a post from another member in another forum was interesting and well put so I'm gonna paste it here:

But I shall leave the thread now and not continue this, I'm way off-topic and that's not of good behaviour.

Selam aleykum
mods please close this thread.

'Abd al-Baari
05-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Assalamu Alaykum,

It seems that this thread isn't going to go back on topic does it?

This is not a Fiqh discussion board. Prolonged threads arguing over Fatwas and the details of Islamic law will be closed. Avoid asking questions that require a Scholar or Shaykh, as there is no one on the board qualified to answer your questions. Please use other knowledgeable means such as a scholar, Imam or knowledgeable person in your area or provide sources.
:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.