/* */

PDA

View Full Version : where do muslims pray?

baby_muslimah
11-17-2007, 06:28 PM
obviously i know but i need it for my essay and i don't have a clue how to put it in words.. please help me :) jazakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
11-17-2007, 06:31 PM
:sl:

What exactly do you mean sis?

lilke where? or in what direction?

baby_muslimah
11-17-2007, 06:37 PM
i know it has to be a clean place etc i just need a little detail on it. thats what the question is where do muslims pray?

S_87
11-17-2007, 06:40 PM
:sl: sister

how about something along the lines of mentioning how the whole earth is a place of prostration and muslims can worship and pray almost anywhere. this would be a vital point to elaborate on, as in prayer is not limited to the masjidbut a person can 'pray' at home too in the form of dua dhikr reciting Quran and even salah etc.
then mention how muslims have special places which are called 'masjid' explain the root word of masjid and how it comes from the word 'to prostrate.'

um is that the kind of thing you mean?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
baby_muslimah
11-17-2007, 06:44 PM
thank u sister.:)

Jayda
11-17-2007, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by baby_muslimah
obviously i know but i need it for my essay and i don't have a clue how to put it in words.. please help me :) jazakallah
hola

i do not know what context the essay is but you could make this very interesting by talking about how any place is a place of prayer depending on the time of day, and if you could incorporate those pictures from the internet of rocks and trees in the muslim prayer position you could talk about how you believe they are signs from God that everything, everywhere is commanded to submit to him in prayer :) or something along those lines... it would be (i think) a really interesting angle to kind of show how your prayer fits into the greater scheme of creation.

que Dios te bendiga

Ghira
11-17-2007, 08:10 PM
What about Salaat? What is the essay question? I would really like to help you out.

Check this out and let me know what you got from it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hyYu...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ypWz...eature=related

I love the tafsir of the Ayah he gives about the angels wings. That is sooo amazing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.