/* */

PDA

View Full Version : csa research - YOUR help needed!!!

researcher
11-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Bismillah

Assalamu 'alaikum

I hope this email reaches you all in the best of health and highest of Imaan

Currently I am in the final year of my degree Alhamdulillah and in the process of carrying out a research study

My dissertation title is 'A study of the relationship between child sexual abuse and self harm in later life'.

Having worked with women who were abused in childhood and studied the area in some detail I noticed a pattern emerging, many of those who were abused went onto self harm in later life. My hypothesis is that there is a strong link between the two...hence wanting to conduct a research which will provide me with some 'concrete' evidence.

Participation entails completing the attached questionnaire inshaAllah and returning to csa.researcher@gmail.com. anyone who has been touched by this tradegy may participate

Please be assured the information will be completely confidential...no names or details will be used.
I believe it would be a fantastic opportunity to gather data that is based upon real people and their real experiences thus allowing them a 'voice'. It will allow the victims of such devastation to put forward their views and be heard.

I wanted to include people from all walks of life in my research including Muslims...as I know abuse is something that touches all people be they Muslim or not. I myself have worked with Muslim sisters who were abused Allahul Must'aan

If you have any further questions regarding the research please do not hesitate to contact me. As I have stated it is completely confidential.
In the end i would lik to emphasise that this whole study is about having the voice of those who have been oppressed heard and bought forth...their views their feelings shared through the medium of academic study inshaAllah. My intent inshaAllah is to remove at least some of the 'stigma' attached to this sensitive topic...and to maybe go someway in breaking down some of the 'taboo' surrounding it insha’Allah

I would be grateful if anyone interested could either send me a pm or email me at csa.researcher@gmail.com

Awaiting your response and thanking you in advance for your help...JazakumAllahu Khairan

In need of your du'a

Your Sister in Islam

wasalaamu 'alaikum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.