/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lecture In Masjid Umar

Sultan ahmet
09-20-2005, 11:53 AM
Salams

-lecture at masjid umar in leicester
Mufti Abdul Qadir Hussain, grand Mufti of south Africa, leading mufti of Jamiat Ul Mufti, Will be delivering a speech at Masjid Umar , in Leicester.

Venues

For Brothers
Wednesday 21/09/2005 after Eisha salat (9.10 pm)
Topic – Prophet Muhammad (SAW) embodiment of mercy

For sisters
Thursday 22/08/2005 11.00am
Topic –

For Brothers
Thursday 22/08/2005 9.10pm
Topic – Signs Of Qiyamah

I also believe that Mufti sahib will also answer any questions you have in mind.

Jazakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MetSudaisTwice
09-20-2005, 11:56 AM
salam
i would love to come but leicester is a bit too far for me
wasalam

Sultan ahmet
09-20-2005, 11:58 AM
Ill see if i can get it recorded.. keep in touch

Jazakallah

MetSudaisTwice
09-20-2005, 12:00 PM
salam
has any famous visitors visited masjid umar?
wasalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sultan ahmet
09-20-2005, 12:05 PM
Depends what you mean by famous people. Yes many Ullama have visited the place in and outside the Uk.

check Out www.edars.com exellent lectures take place by prominent scholers.

go to see the Masjid from inside
http://www.bbc.co.uk/leicester/360_i...r_mosque.shtml

Ameeratul Layl
09-20-2005, 12:06 PM
:sl:

Could you pass the recorded file to me as well. Lecister is a no go zone for me.....

jazakAllah
m3 salaam
Raiyhana :wilted_ro

MetSudaisTwice
09-20-2005, 12:09 PM
salam
bro any famous sheikhs or ullama's visited your mosque?

Sultan ahmet
09-20-2005, 08:11 PM
salams, as i am not the local at masjid umar in leicester, if other brothers and sisters know which famous people came to masjid umar, please let us know.

jazakallah

Far7an
09-20-2005, 08:16 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Well a few weeks before the official opening of the masjid, sheikh Mushin al Qasim came...

and for the opening of the masjid, sheikh subaity came.. :brother:

minaz
09-20-2005, 08:34 PM
Yeh and Mr Mogra is a regular there too, he's like very big in the muslim community in the United Kingdom and has met blair and other top officials. He is usually on radio stations and there was a special interview with him on BBC 10 o'clock news. His sermons are great and he's very in touch with the youth and he's a football fanatic! I hope you guys know who i'm on about but yeh I say he's famous!

Far7an
09-20-2005, 08:40 PM
Assalamu alaikum

You mean good ole Mr Ibrahim Mogra from Ramadhan radio, who hosts the daily radio madrassah...

I know him, he must be famous ;)

minaz
09-20-2005, 08:44 PM
yeh yeh he's cool, I got one of his sermons form last ramadaan, he used the Arsenal failure to reach 50 unbeaten which kinda hakced me off! But he redeemed himself when he said we can all do better than Van Nistelroy by scoring 5 goals (salaat) than his 4! :p

sis_in_islam
09-20-2005, 08:46 PM
I missed the womens one!!! was it confirmed??? what wa sthe talk about??

Khaldun
09-21-2005, 04:19 AM

The brothers one is today i believe, if i got time i might go down and see inshAllah

Sultan ahmet
09-22-2005, 03:50 PM
who heard the lecture?

Khaldun
09-23-2005, 04:32 AM

I did mashAllah it was very beneficial may Allah reward the shaykh.

M.B
09-27-2005, 05:21 PM
assalamu alykum
sheikh thubaity has come to that mosque and prayed there.And it is very beautiful mosque a live close to that place.

aadil77
04-25-2010, 09:02 PM
old memories from my masjid, didn't know so many brothers are from leicester

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.