/* */

PDA

View Full Version : freedom of speech

Nico
11-18-2007, 05:57 PM
i dont what to read your satanised version. thankfully we have the rest of the internet where freedom of speech is allowed. the truth will out.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
11-18-2007, 06:02 PM
:sl:

Firslty bro -Qatada- provided a good reason to why your thread was closed, secondly he answered your question and provided a link to a smiliar thread which may help answer your question :)

If the owners of this forum were 'scared' of members saying stuff against Islam then they wouldn't have a 'Refutations' section would they?

Finally i believe that questioning the actions of a Mod in public can result in an infraction
Please read over the rules
http://www.islamicboard.com/faq/foru..._liforum_rules

------
11-18-2007, 06:03 PM
:salamext:

It's clear you are narrow minded. If you wanted to find out the truth, open up your mind and read the links brother - Qatada - provided.

Woodrow
11-18-2007, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nico
i dont what to read your satanised version. thankfully we have the rest of the internet where freedom of speech is allowed. the truth will out.
Perhaps if you do read through the forums a bit more and keep an open mind you may come to the realization that Islam is not what the stereotypes of us are.

Many of us here at one time thought exactly as you now do. Some of us were even very evangelical and preached shirk to attempt to "save" Muslims.

Yet, we came to the realization that the true message of Jesus(as) was Islam, and that as Christians we were not following the teachings of Jesus(as)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nico
11-18-2007, 06:09 PM
i read his links. but i have also read other stuff on the internet written by muslims about this and how it is wrong. he closed down my threads because i exposed the dark side of islam. i asked a legitimate question which no one on this site dare answer. because you know it is wrong. i notice he doesnt closed down other users threads. why is that ? like i said you only want the sanatised version of islam exposed. this shows how fallible your relegion is ...... and i am open minded. this was you cahnce to educate me but istead you tried to silence me.like i said the truth will out

------
11-18-2007, 06:13 PM

The brother has given you a link, and you haven't read it because it shows and you aren't prepared to open your mind. There is no dark side of Islam LOL. And the 'truth will out', oh yeh, the truth will definitely be there on the Day of Judgement...

'Abd al-Baari
11-18-2007, 06:14 PM

Are you sure that you've read the links?
Check this link http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Polemics/aishah.html and this one http://www.iol.ie/~afifi/BICNews/Sabeel/sabeel6.htm

Woodrow
11-18-2007, 06:17 PM
i read his links. but i have also read other stuff on the internet written by muslims about this and how it is wrong. he closed down my threads because i exposed the dark side of islam. i asked a legitimate question which no one on this site dare answer. because you know it is wrong. i notice he doesnt closed down other users threads. why is that ? like i said you only want the sanatised version of islam exposed. this shows how fallible your relegion is ...... and i am open minded. this was you cahnce to educate me but istead you tried to silence me.like i said the truth will out
the threads were not closed because of their content, they were closed because they are redundent as these are topics that have been discussed many times here. and those threads are still open.

Your threads were closed to posting, not deleted they are still visible to everybody.

Peace and may there be mutual understanding. We do allow discussion of different views and do understand there will be disagreements, but it is possible to disagree with dignity and mutual respect. You will find quite a few non-Muslims here. we do often disagree, yet as long as we treat each other with respect, there are no problems.

I know that this has started off to a rough beginning, but you will find us to be very fair and will do our best to answer you with honesty.

Nico
11-18-2007, 06:21 PM
to woodrow i am actually an athiest not a christian. to Muj4h1D4 if you bothered to read my previous link you will see that i asked this question after researching islam on the internet. if i wasn't open mined i would do this i would just accept everything the media says and all the stereotypes. to abdullah yes i did read the link and like i said i felt that it was a sanatised version and contradicts other information i have read on this matter. information written by muslims. i came into this forum with an open mind hoping to find answers. but the bahaviour of the moderator closing my threads makes me believe that yes there is dark side to islam and yes there are things that you wish to hide. what else am i suppose to think. i though this site was open to all faiths with the intent on educating people on islam. your actions say alot more than you words ever will.

Nico
11-18-2007, 06:24 PM
to woodrow almost every single topic post on this forum today as been posted previously. so why doesnt the moderator close these threads too. and for the record i have not insulted islam by saying anything derogatory.

'Abd al-Baari
11-18-2007, 06:24 PM

the bro that closed your thread closed it because we have similar threads already open which answer your question and where you can post any other similar questions that you have, not to show that 'Islam has a dark side'

Woodrow
11-18-2007, 06:35 PM
to woodrow almost every single topic post on this forum today as been posted previously. so why doesnt the moderator close these threads too. and for the record i have not insulted islam by saying anything derogatory.
Correct and we are leaving those open. You are free to post on them. Your thread was closed because there are so many threads about the same topic it is very redundant to start a new thread.

Nico
11-18-2007, 06:37 PM
like i said almost every single thread posted on here to today is a topic that has been discussed before on this site. why are they not closed ? no one can answer me that question.

Woodrow
11-18-2007, 06:39 PM
like i said almost every single thread posted on here to today is a topic that has been discussed before on this site. why are they not closed ? no one can answer me that question.
they are not closed because we do permit different opinions and do allow people to question our beliefs.

'Abd al-Baari
11-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Thats because your question makes no sense

Nico
11-18-2007, 06:51 PM
this is the last thread i will be posting and the last time i visit this site, because like i said freedom of speech is not allowed here. like i said i am thankfull for the rest of the internet were the truth will out. for the record i live in bradford west yorkshire which has a large muslim communty. i have found most of them to be hypocrites and sinfull. i came here looking for answers to refute that but instead you your behaviour has confirmed what i original believe. for the record you you dont need me or anyone else to show islam in bad light, you muslims do a perfectly good day at it yourselves. if you lot what to kepping on lying to yourself then go ahead. but if you look deep in your hearts you know the truth. that islam is a decietful, violent, repressive relegion practised by you primitive third world people. good day you peadophile worshippers. THE TRUTH WILL OUT.

Woodrow
11-18-2007, 06:51 PM
If you can name a single legitimate reason why they should be closed, I will gladly close them. they are open because there is no reason to close them. You are also free to post your views on them.

this thread is becoming more of a debate rather than being an introduction. For that reason i am going to move it to Comparative Religions, with a redirect, after allowing the topic starter time to read this post.

snakelegs
11-18-2007, 07:03 PM
funny a lot of agnostics (like me) and atheists and christians and others have been members here for a long time.
i think if you leave, it will not be a loss.

Woodrow
11-18-2007, 07:08 PM
this is the last thread i will be posting and the last time i visit this site, because like i said freedom of speech is not allowed here. like i said i am thankfull for the rest of the internet were the truth will out. for the record i live in bradford west yorkshire which has a large muslim communty. i have found most of them to be hypocrites and sinfull. i came here looking for answers to refute that but instead you your behaviour has confirmed what i original believe. for the record you you dont need me or anyone else to show islam in bad light, you muslims do a perfectly good day at it yourselves. if you lot what to kepping on lying to yourself then go ahead. but if you look deep in your hearts you know the truth. that islam is a decietful, violent, repressive relegion practised by you primitive third world people. good day you peadophile worshippers. THE TRUTH WILL OUT.
practised by you primitive third world people.
the majority of the members here are in the UK or the USA. Since I am a Texan, perhaps you consider Texas to be a third world country? I do consider myself reasonably educated being a retired psychologist, who was employed by the States of Texas and Louisiana also some private firms. I recieved an acceptable education in some very distinguished private Universities here in the USA.

With that said I have difficulty thinking I may be a non-educated third world resident.

The same holds true for many of our members. The majority of the members are either in a university or are professionals such as Doctors, lawyers, teachers, University Professors etc. Stop and think for a minute "How many uneducated third world residents would be online on a computer?"

aamirsaab
11-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Hmm, if we are so against freedom of speech, how come you haven't been banned for completely tarnishing muslims in your latest post?

Oh what is that I smell?!

Bull ****!

You want to fight fire with fire? Fine by me. I'll gladly accept it and put you down.

جوري
11-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Why do you bother answer this queen of the harpies...

Slow sunday? I guess everyone wants a warm up? I say we give her the

cheers

'Abd al-Baari
11-18-2007, 07:14 PM

I'm sure i already said that Muslims do not worship the prophet s.a.w, we worship the one lord, Allah, besides the links that bro -Qatada- and myslef have posted clearly explain that Muhammed s.a.w was NOT a peadophile

But if you are going then bye, May Allah swt guide you..Ameen

Nico
11-18-2007, 07:24 PM
an example: most of you here are probably saudis. 100 years ago you were a country of illiterate bandets living in tents in the dessert, going round cutting each others heads off and raping women whilst your children starved to death. then hey presto you discover oil and the untold wealth that brings. you suddenly have money which can buy everything including an education. but a society doesn't go from primitive to civilised in only 100 years. you are primitive in your beliefs and customs. money doesnt buy class..... and in another hundred years when the oil reserves run out you will be back living in you tents in the dessert.... and when i said that my experience of MOST not all muslims is that they are hypocrites i mean praying 5 times a day then drink alcohol, smoke dope and sleeping with protitutes. all whilst telling their women to wear the veil. if that isn'y hypocrisy then can someone please explain what is. to aplha dude i hate bradford to because of you lot.

ummzayd
11-18-2007, 07:31 PM
are u sure you ticked the right gender box? seems like a lot of testosterone-fuelled ranting to me?

no offence guys.

جوري
11-18-2007, 07:31 PM
Some folk don't need a forum to vent.. No they need a shrink who enjoys a challenge...:haha:

Br. woodrow this could be the subject of a new dissertation... Do you have a good 7 years to lay to waste for the sliver of advancement?
eh...I think working on mintier floss would yield more positive results...

:w:

snakelegs
11-18-2007, 07:37 PM
why is this guy still here????

NoName55
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Lol. I'm sorry, your hate is so obvious now. I'm surprised you've not been banned yet.
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
why is this guy still here????
then the site may loose it's entertainment value. (we have got to entertain, suck-up to, and beg for approval from them individually and collectively)

'Abd al-Baari

an example: most of you here are probably saudis
As uncle Woodrow has already mentioned, the majority of members are from the UK or the US..there are only a few members that are from Saudi Arabia

Unfortunately though some of the things that you have said is true..yet this is a minority of Muslims, as far as i know Christians aren't allowed to have sex until after marriage yet saying that all Christians are chaste until they get married is wrong

I hope that i haven't said anything wrong..Allah knows best

Nico
11-18-2007, 07:39 PM
yes ummzayd i did tick the right box. im sorry i forgot that women aint allowed to have an opinion in islam.

------
11-18-2007, 07:41 PM

Narrow minded humans....Narrow minded.... *sigh* How sad...:thumbs_do

جوري
11-18-2007, 07:42 PM
what are you talking about akhi?
surely you've heard of the Abbasids, the Fatmids and the ummayd empires.. Muslims ruling over spain for 800 years of enlightenment, just because this ignoramus is ill-read should you go about agreeing with 'it'

this was a perfect waste of my time.. but I am in fact enjoying seeing how much of an a$$ she is about to make of herself...you know indeed for entertainment value!

snakelegs
11-18-2007, 07:43 PM
i don't find hate entertaining. i also see no merit in feeding it or in being polite to insult.

Nico
11-18-2007, 07:43 PM
well abdullah i am not a christian i am an athiest. i dont care what people do it is their business as long as they aint hurting no one. what i object to is the hypocrisy of people not practising what they preach. dont preach to me and pretend that you are holy and pure when you are doing those things. it is this behaviour which is damaging islam. it is this hypocratic behaviour that the west sees and hates. like i said muslims are doing more damage to islam than any jews, christians, athiest or anyone else.

------
11-18-2007, 07:45 PM

It's clear from Nico's point of view that it is pure hate, hatred that is being taken out on this forum. Nico, if u want to learn about Islam, then please do so by asking questions in a nice way, not merely attacking Islam :-\

Woodrow
11-18-2007, 07:45 PM
yes ummzayd i did tick the right box. im sorry i forgot that women aint allowed to have an opinion in islam.
Try to tell that to any sister on this forum or to my daughter. I will let a sister reply to that.

Several here are reverts and the first thing they will tell you is that they have gained freedom. It is through Islam they were freed.

'Abd al-Baari
11-18-2007, 07:47 PM
i dont care what people do it is their business as long as they aint hurting no one.
Have you thought that maybe by posting such hate-filled comments your hurting someone?

Nico
11-18-2007, 07:48 PM
to pureambrosia what the hell has spain got to do with anything. i am from u.k and as far as this ill read knows muslims have never rules u.k. never have never will. we are a small country but in our history have though of bigger enemies than islam. you will have to kill every last english man, women and child before britian becomes an islamic state.

جوري
11-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Has everyone had enough of this broad with her clangorous need for sanctimonious bull? I think after a while we'll have to charge $175 per hour or put up a sign?...
[IMG]http://www.antiquark.com/entropyzone/wallpaper/no_bull****.jpg[/IMG]

Nico
11-18-2007, 07:53 PM
to muj4h1d4 if you bother to look at my orginal thread you will see that i started out by asking a legitimate and non derogatory question abou islam. but no one dare answer my question so my thread was closed by the moderator. no i dont hate anyone, but yes i am angry. angry because freedom of speach cannot be expressed here and angry bythe hypocrisy of muslims.

------
11-18-2007, 07:55 PM

HELLO! If YOU look at that thread, bro Qatada gave u a link to the other thread where the question has been answered!

Stop going around in circles!!!!

'Abd al-Baari
11-18-2007, 07:57 PM

Well said & more importantly stop driving us around in circles :)

Nico
11-18-2007, 08:00 PM
to pureambrosia for the record i am not actually english. my parents are jamaican, but this country gave then security, work and shelter - for which we are grateful. for that reason i am patriotic to england. and i aint how in my city the muslims have come from pakistan and bangladesh and been offered refuge. how to they repay us by attacking us. i would say to anu muslim living in u.k but hates u.k - why are you here. go to pakistan or saudi arabia if you think tjose countries are so good. no they wont because those countries to allow freedom of expression. they dont look after their own like we do in u.k.

جوري
11-18-2007, 08:01 PM
to pureambrosia what the hell has spain got to do with anything. i am from u.k and as far as this ill read knows muslims have never rules u.k. never have never will. we are a small country but in our history have though of bigger enemies than islam. you will have to kill every last english man, women and child before britian becomes an islamic state.
God you are so edjumucated lady.... perhaps you should look over some of your previous posts and tie some of it together, given that you are reform-minded and liberal in speech I suspect it won't be too difficult.. my personal prejudices though suspect you suffering some anoxic brain injury or a severe progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy...in which case a forum purge won't help you much? eh..maybe a concoction of benzodiazepines and some public clystering (tudor england style) would prove curative?...

while at it maybe you would want to read up on King Offa of England.. then come back and re-educate us backward 'saudis' of where Muslims have been and what they have accomplished?

cheerio

------
11-18-2007, 08:03 PM

:lol: whats the above in english :hiding:

NoName55
11-18-2007, 08:04 PM
to muj4h1d4 if you bother to look at my orginal thread you will see that i started out by asking a legitimate and non derogatory question abou islam. but no one dare answer my question so my thread was closed by the moderator. no i dont hate anyone, but yes i am angry. angry because freedom of speach cannot be expressed here and angry bythe hypocrisy of muslims.
That may be partially true!

I have found that as long as we make posts sucking up to your ilk and some mods, we are free to post as much as we want. Only time they delete or move my posts to bin is when I score a hit
angry bythe hypocrisy of muslims
I do not get angry at them, I just become saddened and confused

Nico
11-18-2007, 08:05 PM
i am going round in circle becuse certain people keep telling that is should educate m,yself on islam by asking questions in these forums. i am explaining that i have tried that but my thread was closed. i can ask a million questions, but no one will answer them.

------
11-18-2007, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

HELLO! If YOU look at that thread, bro Qatada gave u a link to the other thread where the question has been answered!

I thort I should make it big enough so u can read it :-\

ummzayd
11-18-2007, 08:09 PM
I didn't see you expressing an opinion I just saw your bad tempered ranting and raving and preferred to believe that you were male....most of the ranters we get here are male.

I am a former Christian, I've been a Muslim for 10 years and I have strong opinions on a wide range of subjects (just ask my hubby lol).

Nico
11-18-2007, 08:13 PM
to pureabrosia you want to talk about people with brain injury ? talk about how you muslims marry your first cousins and the inbreading causes disabilties including mental retardation. if you look in the animal world even the dumbest of animals know not to inbreed with each other. but you muslims are to stupid to figure it out.

snakelegs
11-18-2007, 08:13 PM
suggestion: withhold food.

جوري
11-18-2007, 08:14 PM
ttttttadddddddddaaaa introducing... the queen of abstraction..
step right up folks and feast your eyes on questions you have never seen before.. innovated in none other than the bumpkinly vernacular.
If you are sick of Hawkin and sick of Sina.. in comes 'Nico' with an intellectually and emotionally overwhelming display of 'brillialnce'..
She can scream, she can yell, she can pull all 12 of her hairs out guaranteed to ask a new and improved question on every round..
can you handle it folks? can you descend to this level of word play and pouff offer a counter punch? I think not!...

this will most certainly go down in history.. the broad who challenged Muslims and won...er or was that just a really loud flatus admixed with fecal incontinence?

cheerio

NoName55
i am going round in circle becuse certain people keep telling that is should educate m,yself on islam by asking questions in these forums. i am explaining that i have tried that but my thread was closed. i can ask a million questions, but no one will answer them.
That's because, in my experience, this site thrives on conflict, they gather around bad threads like there is no tomorrow but when ever I post a simple non-controversial Q & A thread no one goes near it.

PS. had it been up to me your question would have been answered in your very first post at the same time I would have disabled any further postings by you (I did try for that to happen but was ignored or Mod has not gotten my pm yet)

------

but you muslims are to stupid to figure it out.
LOL hahahaha.... ur a good joker....have u ever thought about being a stand up comedian? (Note: u wudnt get very far)

Read my above post, read bro Qatada's reply. If ur still not satisfied, then ask. :-\

EDIT: This thread should be closed.

Zevallos
11-18-2007, 08:18 PM

Nico, your arguments are based off of overgeneralizations something that an educated person never bases their arguments from.

If you wish to prove your argument perhaps discuss in a civil manner a historical event or perhaps recent. I acknowledge your opinion and know that I cannot change it but you should look into matters with more depth before making statements that will make you seem ignorant and foolish.
It is a matter of undeveloped questions that make people answer them with such discontent.

This topic is getting out of hand and I suggest it be closed.

Nico
11-18-2007, 08:18 PM
is that the best reply you can come up with to my question about inbreeding. pathetic. yes muj4h1d4 close my thread because i dare to ask another uncomfortable question about islam. another question that no one dare answer.

جوري
11-18-2007, 08:19 PM
to pureabrosia you want to talk about people with brain injury ? talk about how you muslims marry your first cousins and the inbreading causes disabilties including mental retardation. if you look in the animal world even the dumbest of animals know not to inbreed with each other. but you muslims are to stupid to figure it out.
Thank you for that.. but how do you explain your case?
just a long line of fragile X syndrome or was it fetal alcohol syndrome eh maybe maternal nondisjunction 'cause your mama couldn't get anyone to be interested in her?.. and who could blame them... look at her spawn!

cheerio

Nico
11-18-2007, 08:21 PM
to zevallos i live in a city with a population of 480'000 of which more than 25% are muslim, mainly from pakistani desent. so i have grew up around muslims. MOST of them do marry their cousins in pakistan so they can get visa to u.k. sorry sorry but i do know what i am talking about.

boriqee
11-18-2007, 08:21 PM
in spite of the idiocy that spewed from your posts, Im willing to put that aside and simply asking you to pose whatever conceptions you have on islam and muslims if you think your able to articulate your arguement effectively. I simply ask lay out all your ideas in point fashion listing from 1 to whatever, of the things your human mind ceonceives that Islam differs from logic and reason or humanity. I'll be straight up with you i thats what you want too, by all means I'll lay it bear for yuo in elementary terms. Please, be respectful in language, as the forum does not allow disrespectful language, which has nothing in connection with the abstruction of free speech, just to inform your mind.

------
11-18-2007, 08:22 PM
is that the best reply you can come up with to my question about inbreeding. pathetic. yes muj4h1d4 close my thread because i dare to ask another uncomfortable question about islam. another question that no one dare answer.

So have u read bro Qatada's thread? :lol: @ no one dare answer... Sometimes I wonder....some people have nothing better to do?

As ur an athiest, and u dont believe in the hereafter, stop wasting ur precious time in this life! Instead of wasting ur time on here, go out and enjoy urself :okay:

Nico
11-18-2007, 08:23 PM
actually i know who my father is an it aint my uncle like you inbreds. maybe your mama married her cosuin cos no other man would have her.

Nico
11-18-2007, 08:25 PM
to al-zaaree so it is okay for them to use language that insults me but i am not allowed to ilsult them. double standards.

------
11-18-2007, 08:26 PM

Have. You. Read. Bro. Qatada's. Thread.

Answer. My. Question.

جوري
11-18-2007, 08:30 PM
actually i know who my father
Oh cool so he didn't take off with 3 bar maids, leaving your mama to gamble her life saving with just enough to get you dice pimp shoes an afro and leopard skirt so everyone can have a look at your cheap little burried treasure while you stand in red light district? only to leave you a quid on the counter for services tendered the next day? You know for more liquor on the table?

See it is so easy to be as low as you.. go ahead keep it up...:D

boriqee
11-18-2007, 08:31 PM
to al-zaaree so it is okay for them to use language that insults me but i am not allowed to ilsult them. double standards.
im dealing with you now, forget about everyone else

i will treat you the way you treat me. I'll be the reaction to whatever you act on, can you handle that. if so, then please, lets start with what is on your mind with regards to your opposition to islam

plain and simple, no strings attached

Nico
11-18-2007, 08:31 PM
to al-zaaree as request a list of things about islam that defy logic:
1. allowing sex with children
2. abuse and ill treatment of women.
3. hyprocrisy and double standards.
4. encouraging violence
5. obession with wealth (saudis) and material things whilst fellow muslims (afghans) die of hunger.
6. hatred of african muslims when all muslims are suppose to like each other.

Nico
11-18-2007, 08:35 PM
yes.i.have.read.qatada's.thread and it contradicts what i have read about this by other MUSLIMS. why would muslims say this if in wasnt true. also i aint an expert on islam and never claim to be. so plaese educate me.

جوري
11-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Let's have a looksy here in the civilized world what the age of consent was in 1885

Delaware, the age of consent was only seven. Women reformers and advocates of social purity initiated a campaign in 1885 to petition legislators to raise the legal age of consent to at least sixteen, although their ultimate goal was to raise the age to eighteen. The campaign was eventually quite successful; by 1920
source!
http://womhist.alexanderstreet.com/teacher/aoc.htm

as for abuse of women.. perhaps you shouldn't speak for people you know jack about... in general I think you know jack period... but you are no humanist.. you are just another under educated moron with a keyboard!

'Abd al-Baari
11-18-2007, 08:36 PM

MISCONCEPTION #1:
Muslims are violent, terrorists and/or extremists.

This is the biggest misconception in Islam, no doubt resulting from
the constant stereotyping and bashing the media gives Islam. When a
gunman attacks a mosque in the name of Judaism, a Catholic IRA
guerrilla sets off a bomb in an urban area, or Serbian Orthodox
militiamen rape and kill innocent Muslim civilians, these acts are not
used to stereotype an entire faith. Never are these acts attributed
to the religion of the perpetrators. Yet how many times have we heard
the words 'Islamic, Muslim fundamentalist. etc.' linked with violence.

Politics in so called "Muslim countries" may or may not have any
Islamic basis. Often dictators and politicians will use the name of
Islam for their own purposes. One should remember to go to the source
of Islam and separate what the true religion of Islam says from what
is portrayed in the media. Islam literally means 'submission to God'
and is derived from a root word meaning 'peace'.

Islam may seem exotic or even extreme in the modern world. Perhaps
this is because religion doesn't dominate everyday life in the West,
whereas Islam is considered a 'way of life' for Muslims and they make
no division between secular and sacred in their lives. Like
Christianity, Islam permits fighting in self-defense, in defense of
religion, or on the part of those who have been expelled forcibly
from their homes. It lays down strict rules of combat which include
prohibitions against harming civilians and against destroying crops,
trees and livestock.

NOWHERE DOES ISLAM ENJOIN THE KILLING OF INNOCENTS.. The Quran says:
"Fight in the cause of God against those who fight you, but do not
transgress limits. God does not love transgressors." (Quran 2:190)
"If they seek peace, then seek you peace. And trust in God for He is
the One that heareth and knoweth all things." (Quran 8:61) War,
therefore, is the last resort, and is subject to the rigorous
conditions laid down by the sacred law. The term 'jihad' literally
means 'struggle'. Muslims believe that there are two kinds of jihad.
The other 'jihad' is the inner struggle of the soul which everyone
wages against egotistic desires for the sake of attaining inner
peace.

MISCONCEPTION #2:
Islam oppresses women.

The image of the typical Muslim woman wearing the veil and forced to
stay home and forbidden to drive is all too common in most peoples
thoughts. Although some Muslim countries may have laws that oppress
women, this should not be seen as coming from Islam. Many of these
countries do not rule by any kind of Shari'ah (Islamic law) and
introduce their own cultural standpoints on the issue of gender
equity.

Islam on the other hand gives men and women different roles and equity
between the two is laid down in the Quran and the example of the
Prophet (peace be upon him). Islam sees a woman, whether single or
married, as an individual in her own right, with the right to own and
dispose of her property and earnings. A marriage gift is given by
the groom to the bride for her own personal use, and she keeps her
own family name rather than taking her husband's. Both men and women
are expected to dress in a way that is modest and dignified. The
Messenger of God (peace be upon him) said: "The most perfect in faith
amongst believers is he who is best in manner and kindest to his
wife."

Violence of any kind towards women and forcing them against their
will for anything is not allowed. A Muslim marriage is a simple, legal
agreement in which either partner is free to include conditions.
Marriage customs thus vary widely from country to country. Divorce is
not common, although it is acceptable as a last resort. According to
Islam, a Muslim girl cannot be forced to marry against her will: her
parents simply suggest young men they think may be suitable.

MISCONCEPTION #9:
Muhammad was the founder of Islam and Muslims worship him.

Muhammad(pbuh) was born in Mecca in the year 570. Since his father
died before his birth, and his mother shortly afterwards, he was
raised by his uncle from the respected tribe of Quraysh. As he grew
up, he became known for his truthfulness, generosity and sincerity, so
that he was sought after for his ability to arbitrate in disputes.
The historians describe him as calm and meditative. Muhammad (pbuh)
was of a deeply religious nature, and had long detested the decadence
of his society.

It became his habit to meditate from time to time in the Cave of Hira
near Mecca. At the age of 40, while engaged in a meditative retreat,
Muhammad(pbuh) received his first revelation from God through the
Angel Gabriel. This revelation, which continued for 23 years is
known as the Quran. As soon as he began to recite the words he heard
from Gabriel, and to preach the truth which God had revealed to him,
he and his small group of followers suffered bitter persecution,
which grew so fierce that in the year 622 God gave them the command to
emigrate.

This event, the Hijra 'migration', in which they left Mecca for the
city of Medina, marks the beginning of the Muslim calendar. After
several years, the Prophet and his followers were able to return to
Mecca, where they forgave their enemies and established Islam
definitively. Before the Prophet saw dies at the age of 63, the
greater part of Arabia was Muslim, and within a century of his death
Islam had spread to Spain in the West and as far East as China. He
died with less than 5 possessions to his name.

While Muhammad (pbuh) was chosen to deliver the message, he is not
considered the "founder" of Islam, since Muslims consider Islam to be
the same divine guidance sent to all peoples before. Muslims believe
all the prophets from Adam, Noah, Moses, Jesus etc. were all sent
with divine guidance for their peoples. Every prophet was sent to his
own people, but Muhammad(pbuh) was sent to all of mankind. Muhammad
is the last and final messenger sent to deliver the message of Islam.
Muslims revere and honor him (pbuh) for all he went through and his
dedication, but they do not worship him. "O Prophet, verily We have
sent you as a witness and a bearer of glad tidings and a warner and
as one who invites unto God by His leave and as an illuminating
lamp."(33:45-6)
Source

Nico
11-18-2007, 08:40 PM
tahnkyou for that abdullah you have educated me on some matters. but if these countries are doing this aginst islamic law then why arnt muslims standing up and fight against it istead of fighting aginst the west as this is causing harm to islam.

Woodrow
11-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Double Standards??????

You may not have noticed this is an Islamic forum. Our purpose is to show the truth of Islam. It is not our intent nor desire to promote any religion except Islam. We do our best to operate under Islamic standards, which does included fair treatment of non-Muslims.

However, we are human, we do have emotions, we do feel pain and we do show anger when people say derogatory things about what we believe and love.

At the moment your posts seem to be a slightly veiled method of expressing your dislike of Muslims and Islam. Accept the simple fact, people will answer out of anger when they feel what they hold dear is being blasphemed.

At the moment, you are acting like an invader with the intent to destroy our beliefs. It should be no surprise that some are meeting your words defensively.

I try to be a very tolerant person. However, I do have a limit as to how much I will permit any member to do. I do not desire to see any more anti-Islamic comments on this thread.

'Abd al-Baari
11-18-2007, 08:42 PM

tahnkyou for that abdullah you have educated me on some matters.
No probs, glad to have helped (finally :D)

Nico
11-18-2007, 08:46 PM
to pureambrosia you are talking about a different era. yes men did alot of things hundreds of years ago that we consider inhumane today. yes along time ago women were not treated an equal to men in west and today that is still the case to an extent. but things have changed alot since the age of the suffergettes...... the fact is that the suicide rate amongst muslim women is much higher than non muslim. i think that is because they are represseda and abused. in a muslim country a women gets raped and needs 4 male witnesses to get a confiction. hoe is this right and why aint you fighting against it ir it is against islamic law. afterall these are your mothers, sisters and daughters.

Nico
11-18-2007, 08:47 PM
to abdullah what about the rest of my questions

Woodrow
11-18-2007, 08:49 PM
tahnkyou for that abdullah you have educated me on some matters. but if these countries are doing this aginst islamic law then why arnt muslims standing up and fight against it istead of fighting aginst the west as this is causing harm to islam.
that is a very good question and is often asked. We do very much to speak out against terrorism. Sadly the media seldom hears our words.

Please check these sites,

http://www.m-a-t.org/

This next link actually is a site with several hundred Islamic Organizations that are fighting terrorism.

http://www.muhajabah.com/otherscondemn.php

Nico
11-18-2007, 08:50 PM
to woodrow i know this sounds clique but some of my best friends are muslim and i dated a muslim guy a few years ago. despite what you think i dont aint muslims, i just aint hypocrisy. i respect peoples beleifs as long as they dont try and force it on me and as long as they practice what they preach.

islamirama
Nico,

you seem to have confused islam with culture, which is not always based on religion.

Hitler, jeffery dhommer, timothy mcveigh, and child molesting priests are all christians, should we blame Christianity for their actions?

ummzayd
in a muslim country a women gets raped and needs 4 male witnesses to get a confiction. hoe is this right and why aint you fighting against it ir it is against islamic law. afterall these are your mothers, sisters and daughters.
do you know what the conviction rate for rape is in this country, the UK? it is under 5%. FIVE PERCENT. that is pretty shocking. what are you doing about it?

peace

boriqee
11-18-2007, 08:51 PM
thank you

as for

1. allowing sex with children
Islam does not allow sex with children, Islam allows sexual activity to take place when a human reaches the age of sexual acitivity i.e. puberty
that is why in the history of the universe before the rise of modern american history (everythign after 1950) once a female received her period, she is and was considered a WOMEN likewise once a boy hit puberty, he was by default regarded as a man

2. abuse and ill treatment of women
There is no textual basis for this concept in Islam even or whether in weak reports or even fabricated reports. Basically this is a concoction of 20th century tabloid jounalism

3. hyprocrisy and double standards.
Regarding explaining Islam, it is upon unanimous agreement of all islamic authorities that there is a demarcation 9that means difference) between Islam, and muslims, meaning that which muslims do (in their actions) cannot always and neccessarily be deemed as Islamic and likewise anything Islamic does not mean as a default that muslims are going to abide by it. So really this observation is form the point of view of muslims, not about Islam itself. With that being the case all nations can and actually fall into muhc more magnified version of hipocrisy and double standards much more deceptively than muslims ever could.

4. encouraging violence
Again, there is no textual basis with even deemed weak or fabricated islamic reports to hint to this assumption that 20th century tabloid jounalism has undoubtedly ben spoon feeding you westerners day in and day out.

5. obession with wealth (saudis) and material things whilst fellow muslims (afghans) die of hunger.
again this has to do with the actions of muslims, not somethign that Islam 'lesilates" for the muslims. Please if you have qualms with Islam, then please bring them, Im not in the service of defending Islam to defend muslims in their actions, but rather Islam itself. please keep it Islam bound and not people bound.

6. hatred of african muslims when all muslims are suppose to like each other.
in all of my years of being muslims, I never heard of this, again as is with the other points, is related to actions of muslims, which to me, and the reality between our querall with you, has nothing to do with the actual querall itself, but merely a reason to oppose islam itself.

is there anything else

Nico
11-18-2007, 08:52 PM
to woodrow i am not talking about terrorism. i am talking about why arnt you fighting against these laws that opress women when they go against islamic law. surely if something goes against islamic law then as a good muslim you are suppose to fight against it. i just think that if muslims put as much effort in to change things like this as they doing into fighting the west they peoples opinion of islam would change.

Woodrow
11-18-2007, 08:55 PM
to woodrow i know this sounds clique but some of my best friends are muslim and i dated a muslim guy a few years ago. despite what you think i dont aint muslims, i just aint hypocrisy. i respect peoples beleifs as long as they dont try and force it on me and as long as they practice what they preach.
That is what we all want. We all need to be empathetic to the fact that our words can be like a knife cut, if perceived wrongly.

ummzayd
11-18-2007, 08:57 PM
yes.i.have.read.qatada's.thread and it contradicts what i have read about this by other MUSLIMS. why would muslims say this if in wasnt true. also i aint an expert on islam and never claim to be. so plaese educate me.
What have other Muslims said about it? Muslims have defamed the Prophet pbuh - I highly doubt it. No matter what was the age of Aishah (may Allah be pleased with her), the ONE THING that EVERYBODY agrees on (yes even Islam haters) is that she was mature enough to have a baby, she had gone through puberty, which was always the dividing point between childhood and adulthood.

And Aishah (r.a.) was a highly respected scholar, she is one of the most respected and admired women in Islam, she taught men and corrected them. so it is a little bit annoying when she is made out to be some pathetic victim.

peace

Nico
11-18-2007, 08:59 PM
to al-izaaree im sorry but that is a cop out saying that muslims are not representing islam. for the allowing sex with children would you let a 53 year old man have sex with your 9 year old daughter just because she had started her period. no i dont thinks so. as for muslims hating africans, doesnt it say some were in the quran that black muslims dissapoint allah. and also that angels weep when a girl is presented before allah. yet you claim not to hate females.

ummzayd
11-18-2007, 09:02 PM
as for muslims hating africans, doesnt it say some were in the quran that black muslims dissapoint allah. and also that angels weep when a girl is presented before allah. yet you claim not to hate females.
wow you are so wrong. the qur'an says absolutely nothing at all like that.

جوري
11-18-2007, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE=Nico;861401]
to pureambrosia you are talking about a different era.
Actually we are talking about something as recent as last century which you wish to compare to 14-15 centuries ago... a different society, different life expectancies.

yes men did alot of things hundreds of years ago that we consider inhumane today.
see reply above..I don't know what your definition is of humane..in Islam a lady chooses her husband.. she isn't dragged by the hairs to be his property...

Al-Khansaa’ bint Khidaam complained to the Prophet that her father wanted her to marry someone she didn’t want, saying “I do not wish to accept what my father has arranged.” The Prophet said, “Then this marriage is invalid, go and marry whomever you wish.” Al-Khansaa’ said, “I have actually accepted what my father has arranged, but I wanted women to know that fathers have no right in their daughter’s matters” (i.e. they have no right to force a marriage on them). (Fath Al-Barî Ibn Hajr, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)

yes along time ago women were not treated an equal to men in west and today that is still the case to an extent.
True that.. but that isn't the case in Islam.. all you need to do is ask a Muslim woman not assume for her
we have had in the time of the prophet 15 centuries ago women scholars, women surgeons, women worriors..
Question: Were there any women scholars (apart from the Companions) amongst the salaf and the later generations? If there were, could you please name some of them?

Answered by the Fatwa Department Research Committee - chaired by Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî
If we look into the biographical works written about the scholars, such as al-Dhahabî’s encyclopedic Siyar A`lâm al-Nubalâ’, we find the biographies of many women mentioned for every era of Islamic history.

We will mention just a few of the notable scholars from various eras:

Mu`âdhah al-`Adawiyyah (d. 83 AH). One of the scholars and reliable narrators from the generation of the Successors (the students of the Companions). She related from `Alî b. Abî Tâlib, `Â’ishah, and Hishâm b. `Âmir.

`Amrah bint `Abd al-Rahman b. Sa`d al-Ansârîyyah (d. 98 AH). She was a Successor and one of the prominent students of `Â’ishah. She also learned from the Companions Umm Salamah and Râfi` b Khadîj. She was one of the important legal scholars of Madinah from the generation of the Successors.

Hafsah bint Sîrîn al-Ansâriyyah (died after 100 AH). She was a student of Umm `Atiyyah, Anas b. Mâlik, and other Companions. She was also one of the legal scholars from the generation of the Successors. Qatâdah was among her students.

Amah al-Wâhid bint al-Mahâmilî (d. 377 AH). She was a noted jurist of the Shâfî’î school of law and a muftî in Baghdad.

Karîmah bint Ahmad al-Marwaziyyah (d. 463 AH). She was one of the most important narrators of Sahîh al-Bukhârî and had many prominent students, including al-Khatîb al-Baghdâdî.

Zaynab bint `Abd al-Rahmân b. al-Hasan b. Ahmad b. Sahl al-Jurjâniyyâh (d. 615 AH). She was a prominent scholar of Khorasan. She was one of the students of the famous language scholar al-Zamakhsharî from whom she received an academic degree.

Yâsamîn bint Sâlim al-Harîmiyyah (d. 634 AH). She was a scholar of hadîth. Ibn Bulbân was one of her most prominent students.

Zaynab bint Makkî b. `Alî b. Kâmil al-Harrâniyyah (d. 688 AH). She was a prominent scholar from Damascus and a teacher of Ibn Taymiyah, the famous hadîth scholar al-Mizzî (the author of Tahdhîb al-Kamâl), and many others.

Zaynab bint `Umar b. Kindî b. Sa`îd al-Dimashqiyyah (d. 699 AH). She was also one of the teachers of the famous hadîth scholar al-Mizzî.

Khadîjah bint `Abd al-Rahmân al-Maqdisiyyah (d.701). She was a scholar and writer, a student of Ibn al-Zabîdî and others. She was also one of the teachers of the famous hadîth scholar al-Mizzî.

Zaynab bint Sulaymân b. Ibrâhîm b. Rahmah al-As`ardî (d. 705 AH). She was one of al-Subkî’s and al-Dhahabî’s teachers. She had heard al-Sahîh from Ibn al-Zabîdî.

Fâtimah bint Ibrâhim al-Ba`lî (d. 711 AH). She was also a student of Ibn al-Zabîdî and a teacher of Ibn al-Subkî and many others.

Fâtimah bint `Abbâs b. Abî al-Fath al-Hanbaliyyah (d. 714 AH). She was a prominent Hanbalî legal scholar and muftî, first in Damascus and then in Cairo.
If you are referring to imams of the congregational prayers, then it is impermissable for women to lead any congregation with men since everyone's mind must be devoted to the worship of God in the segregated congregation. The following article, entitled A Woman's Reflection on Leading Prayer was written by Sister Yasmin Mogahed 25/03/05:
"Given my privilege as a woman, I only degrade myself by trying to be something I'm not--and in all honesty--don't want to be: a man. As women, we will never reach true liberation until we stop trying to mimic men, and value the beauty in our own God-given distinctiveness."

On March 18, 2005 Amina Wadud led the first female-led Jumuah (Friday) prayer. On that day women took a huge step towards being more like men. But, did we come closer to actualizing our God-given liberation? I don't think so.
What we so often forget is that God has honored the woman by giving her value in relation to God-not in relation to men. But as western feminism erases God from the scene, there is no standard left-but men. As a result the western feminist is forced to find her value in relation to a man. And in so doing she has accepted a faulty assumption. She has accepted that man is the standard, and thus a woman can never be a full human being until she becomes just like a man-the standard.
When a man cut his hair short, she wanted to cut her hair short. When a man joined the army, she wanted to join the army. She wanted these things for no other reason than because the " standard " had it.
What she didn't recognize was that God dignifies both men and women in their distinctiveness--not their sameness. And on March 18, Muslim women made the very same mistake.
For 1400 years there has been a consensus of the scholars that men are to lead prayer. As a Muslim woman, why does this matter? The one who leads prayer is not spiritually superior in any way. Something is not better just because a man does it. And leading prayer is not better, just because it's leading. Had it been the role of women or had it been more divine, why wouldn't the Prophet have asked Ayesha or Khadija, or Fatima-the greatest women of all time-to lead? These women were promised heaven-and yet they never lead prayer.
But now for the first time in 1400 years, we look at a man leading prayer and we think, " That's not fair." We think so although God has given no special privilege to the one who leads. The imam is no higher in the eyes of God than the one who prays behind.
On the other hand, only a woman can be a mother. And God has given special privilege to a mother. The Prophet taught us that heaven lies at the feet of mothers. But no matter what a man does he can never be a mother. So why is that not unfair?
When asked who is most deserving of our kind treatment? The Prophet replied 'your mother' three times before saying 'your father' only once. Isn't that sexist? No matter what a man does he will never be able to have the status of a mother.
And yet even when God honors us with something uniquely feminine, we are too busy trying to find our worth in reference to men, to value it-or even notice. We too have accepted men as the standard; so anything uniquely feminine is, by definition, inferior. Being sensitive is an insult, becoming a mother-a degradation. In the battle between stoic rationality (considered masculine) and self-less compassion (considered feminine), rationality reigns supreme.
As soon as we accept that everything a man has and does is better, all that follows is just a knee jerk reaction: if men have it-we want it too. If men pray in the front rows, we assume this is better, so we want to pray in the front rows too. If men lead prayer, we assume the imam is closer to God, so we want to lead prayer too. Somewhere along the line we've accepted the notion that having a position of worldly leadership is some indication of one's position with God.
A Muslim woman does not need to degrade herself in this way. She has God as a standard. She has God to give her value; she doesn't need a man.
In fact, in our crusade to follow men, we, as women, never even stopped to examine the possibility that what we have is better for us. In some cases we even gave up what was higher only to be like men.
Fifty years ago, society told us that men were superior because they left the home to work in factories. We were mothers. And yet, we were told that it was women's liberation to abandon the raising of another human being in order to work on a machine. We accepted that working in a factory was superior to raising the foundation of society-just because a man did it. Then after working, we were expected to be superhuman-the perfect mother, the perfect wife, the perfect homemaker-and have the perfect career. And while there is nothing wrong, by definition, with a woman having a career, we soon came to realize what we had sacrificed by blindly mimicking men. We watched as our children became strangers and soon recognized the privilege we'd given up.
And so only now-given the choice-women in the West are choosing to stay home to raise their children. According to the United States Department of Agriculture, only 31 percent of mothers with babies, and 18 percent of mothers with two or more children, are working full-time. And of those working mothers, a survey conducted by Parenting Magazine in 2000, found that 93% of them say they would rather be home with their kids, but are compelled to work due to 'financial obligations'. These 'obligations' are imposed on women by the gender sameness of the modern West, and removed from women by the gender distinctiveness of Islam.
It took women in the West almost a century of experimentation to realize a privilege given to Muslim women 1400 years ago.
Given my privilege as a woman, I only degrade myself by trying to be something I'm not--and in all honesty--don't want to be: a man. As women, we will never reach true liberation until we stop trying to mimic men, and value the beauty in our own God-given distinctiveness.
If given a choice between stoic justice and compassion, I choose compassion. And if given a choice between worldly leadership and heaven at my feet-I choose heaven.

but things have changed alot since the age of the suffergettes
Good for the civilized west..we got there before though ..

From coffee to cheques and the three-course meal, the Muslim world has given us many innovations that we take for granted in daily life.

1 The story goes that an Arab named Khalid was tending his goats in the Kaffa region of southern Ethiopia, when he noticed his animals became livelier after eating a certain berry. He boiled the berries to make the first coffee. Certainly the first record of the drink is of beans exported from Ethiopia to Yemen where people drank it to stay awake all night to pray on special occasions.

By the late 15th century it had arrived in Mecca and Turkey from where it made its way to Venice in 1645. It was brought to England in 1650 by a Turk named Pasqua Rosee who opened the first coffee house in Lombard Street in the City of London. The Arabic qahwa became the Turkish kahve then the Italian caffé and then English coffee.

2 The ancient Greeks thought our eyes emitted rays, like a laser, which enabled us to see. The first person to realise that light enters the eye, rather than leaving it, was the 10th-century Muslim mathematician, astronomer and physicist Ibn al-Haitham.

He invented the first pin-hole camera after noticing the way light came through a hole in window shutters. The smaller the hole, the better the picture, he worked out, and set up the first Camera Obscura (from the Arab word qamara for a dark or private room). He is also credited with being the first man to shift physics from a philosophical activity to an experimental one.

3 A form of chess was played in ancient India but the game was developed into the form we know it today in Persia. From there it spread westward to Europe - where it was introduced by the Moors in Spain in the 10th century - and eastward as far as Japan. The word rook comes from the Persian rukh, which means chariot.

4 A thousand years before the Wright brothers a Muslim poet, astronomer, musician and engineer named Abbas ibn Firnas made several attempts to construct a flying machine. In 852 he jumped from the minaret of the Grand Mosque in Cordoba using a loose cloak stiffened with wooden struts. He hoped to glide like a bird. He didn't.

But the cloak slowed his fall, creating what is thought to be the first parachute, and leaving him with only minor injuries. In 875, aged 70, having perfected a machine of silk and eagles' feathers he tried again, jumping from a mountain. He flew to a significant height and stayed aloft for ten minutes but crashed on landing - concluding, correctly, that it was because he had not given his device a tail so it would stall on landing. Baghdad international airport and a crater on the Moon are named after him.

5 Washing and bathing are religious requirements for Muslims, which is perhaps why they perfected the recipe for soap which we still use today. The ancient Egyptians had soap of a kind, as did the Romans who used it more as a pomade. But it was the Arabs who combined vegetable oils with sodium hydroxide and aromatics such as thyme oil.

One of the Crusaders' most striking characteristics, to Arab nostrils, was that they did not wash. Shampoo was introduced to England by a Muslim who opened Mahomed's Indian Vapour Baths on Brighton seafront in 1759 and was appointed Shampooing Surgeon to Kings George IV and William IV.

6 Distillation, the means of separating liquids through differences in their boiling points, was invented around the year 800 by Islam's foremost scientist, Jabir ibn Hayyan, who transformed alchemy into chemistry, inventing many of the basic processes and apparatus still in use today - liquefaction, crystallisation, distillation, purification, oxidisation, evaporation and filtration.

As well as discovering sulphuric and nitric acid, he invented the alembic still, giving the world intense rosewater and other perfumes and alcoholic spirits (although drinking them is haram, or forbidden, in Islam). Ibn Hayyan emphasised systematic experimentation and was the founder of modern chemistry.

7 The crank-shaft is a device which translates rotary into linear motion and is central to much of the machinery in the modern world, not least the internal combustion engine. One of the most important mechanical inventions in the history of humankind, it was created by an ingenious Muslim engineer called al-Jazari to raise water for irrigation.

His 1206 Book of Knowledge of Ingenious Mechanical Devices shows he also invented or refined the use of valves and pistons, devised some of the first mechanical clocks driven by water and weights, and was the father of robotics. Among his 50 other inventions was the combination lock.

8 Quilting is a method of sewing or tying two layers of cloth with a layer of insulating material in between. It is not clear whether it was invented in the Muslim world or whether it was imported there from India or China. But it certainly came to the West via the Crusaders.

They saw it used by Saracen warriors, who wore straw-filled quilted canvas shirts instead of armour. As well as a form of protection, it proved an effective guard against the chafing of the Crusaders' metal armour and was an effective form of insulation - so much so that it became a cottage industry back home in colder climates such as Britain and Holland.

9 The pointed arch so characteristic of Europe's Gothic cathedrals was an invention borrowed from Islamic architecture. It was much stronger than the rounded arch used by the Romans and Normans, thus allowing the building of bigger, higher, more complex and grander buildings. Other borrowings from Muslim genius included ribbed vaulting, rose windows and dome-building techniques. Europe's castles were also adapted to copy the Islamic world's - with arrow slits, battlements, a barbican and parapets. Square towers and keeps gave way to more easily defended round ones. Henry V's castle architect was a Muslim.

10 Many modern surgical instruments are of exactly the same design as those devised in the 10th century by a Muslim surgeon called al-Zahrawi. His scalpels, bone saws, forceps, fine scissors for eye surgery and many of the 200 instruments he devised are recognisable to a modern surgeon.

It was he who discovered that catgut used for internal stitches dissolves away naturally (a discovery he made when his monkey ate his lute strings) and that it can be also used to make medicine capsules. In the 13th century, another Muslim medic named Ibn Nafis described the circulation of the blood, 300 years before William Harvey discovered it.

Muslims doctors also invented anaesthetics of opium and alcohol mixes and developed hollow needles to suck cataracts from eyes in a technique still used today.

11 The windmill was invented in 634 for a Persian caliph and was used to grind corn and draw up water for irrigation. In the vast deserts of Arabia, when the seasonal streams ran dry, the only source of power was the wind which blew steadily from one direction for months. Mills had six or 12 sails covered in fabric or palm leaves. It was 500 years before the first windmill was seen in Europe.

12 The technique of inoculation was not invented by Jenner and Pasteur but was devised in the Muslim world and brought to Europe from Turkey by the wife of the English ambassador to Istanbul in 1724. Children in Turkey were vaccinated with cowpox to fight the deadly smallpox at least 50 years before the West discovered it.

13 The fountain pen was invented for the Sultan of Egypt in 953 after he demanded a pen which would not stain his hands or clothes. It held ink in a reservoir and, as with modern pens, fed ink to the nib by a combination of gravity and capillary action.

14 The system of numbering in use all round the world is probably Indian in origin but the style of the numerals is Arabic and first appears in print in the work of the Muslim mathematicians al-Khwarizmi and al-Kindi around 825. Algebra was named after al-Khwarizmi's book, Al-Jabr wa-al-Muqabilah, much of whose contents are still in use.

The work of Muslim math's scholars was imported into Europe 300 years later by the Italian mathematician Fibonacci. Algorithms and much of the theory of trigonometry came from the Muslim world. And Al-Kindi's discovery of frequency analysis rendered all the codes of the ancient world soluble and created the basis of modern cryptology.

15 Ali ibn Nafi, known by his nickname of Ziryab (Blackbird) came from Iraq to Cordoba in the 9th century and brought with him the concept of the three-course meal - soup, followed by fish or meat, then fruit and nuts. He also introduced crystal glasses (which had been invented after experiments with rock crystal by Abbas ibn Firnas - see No 4).

16 Carpets were regarded as part of Paradise by medieval Muslims, thanks to their advanced weaving techniques, new tinctures from Islamic chemistry and highly developed sense of pattern and arabesque which were the basis of Islam's non-representational art.

In contrast, Europe's floors were distinctly earthly, not to say earthy, until Arabian and Persian carpets were introduced. In England, as Erasmus recorded, floors were "covered in rushes, occasionally renewed, but so imperfectly that the bottom layer is left undisturbed, sometimes for 20 years, harbouring expectoration, vomiting, the leakage of dogs and men, ale droppings, scraps of fish, and other abominations not fit to be mentioned". Carpets, unsurprisingly, caught on quickly.

17 The modern cheque comes from the Arabic saqq, a written vow to pay for goods when they were delivered, to avoid money having to be transported across dangerous terrain. In the 9th century, a Muslim businessman could cash a cheque in China drawn on his bank in Baghdad.

18 By the 9th century, many Muslim scholars took it for granted that the Earth was a sphere. The proof, said astronomer Ibn Hazm, "is that the Sun is always vertical to a particular spot on Earth". It was 500 years before that realisation dawned on Galileo. The calculations of Muslim astronomers were so accurate that in the 9th century they reckoned the Earth's circumference to be 40,253.4km - less than 200km out. The scholar al-Idrisi took a globe depicting the world to the court of King Roger of Sicily in 1139.

19 Though the Chinese invented saltpetre gunpowder, and used it in their fireworks, it was the Arabs who worked out that it could be purified using potassium nitrate for military use. Muslim incendiary devices terrified the Crusaders. By the 15th century they had invented both a rocket, which they called a "self-moving and combusting egg", and a torpedo - a self-propelled pear-shaped bomb with a spear at the front which impaled itself in enemy ships and then blew up.

20 Medieval Europe had kitchen and herb gardens, but it was the Arabs who developed the idea of the garden as a place of beauty and meditation. The first royal pleasure gardens in Europe were opened in 11th-century Muslim Spain. Flowers which originated in Muslim gardens include the carnation and the tulip.

I was amazed when I saw all of this I knew muslims had made up a lot of things but none of these above.

in the way of Allaah

Re: How Islamic inventors changed the world - 3 Hours Ago

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol masha Allaah kool!

Here's some more good links:

http://www.1001inventions.com/index....ectionID =309

http://www.muslimheritage.com/

...... the fact is that the suicide rate amongst muslim women is much higher than non muslim.
Let me see the statistics not the personal opinion!

i think that is because they are represseda and abused.
I disagree with that.. and I have lived in Saudi Arabia and come from a long lineage who treat their women like precious pearls!

in a muslim country a women gets raped and needs 4 male witnesses to get a confiction.
You may visit our threads here or simply go to an Islamic site to read about it
Crimes & Penalties, Adultery & Fornication, Mischief

Answer

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Thanks for your question, and we implore Allah to guide us all to the best and to help us gain insight to understand the teachings of Islam.

Rape is an abhorrent crime and an abominable sin. This heinous crime is forbidden not only in Islam but in all religions, and all people of sound thinking and pure human nature reject it.

Responding to the question, the prominent Saudi Islamic lecturer and author Sheikh Muhammad Saleh Al-Munajjid states the following:

The Arabic word ightisab (rape) refers to taking something wrongfully by force. It is now used exclusively to refer to transgression against the honor of women by force.

This is an abhorrent crime that is forbidden in all religions and in the minds of all wise people and those who possess sound human nature. All earthly systems and laws regard this action as abhorrent and impose the strictest penalties on it.

Islam has a clear stance which states that this repugnant action is haram (forbidden) and imposes a deterrent punishment on the one who commits it.

Islam closes the door to the criminal who wants to commit this crime. Western studies have shown that most rapists are already criminals who commit their crimes under the influence of alcohol and drugs, and they take advantage of the fact that their victims are walking alone in isolated places or staying in the house alone. These studies also show that what the criminals watch on the media and the semi-naked styles of dress in which women go out also lead to the commission of this reprehensible crime.

The laws of Islam came to protect women’s honor and modesty. Islam forbids women to wear clothes that are not modest. In addition, Islam encourages young men and women to marry early, and many other rulings that close the door before rape and other crimes. Hence it comes as no surprise when we hear or read that most of these crimes occur in permissive societies, which are looked up to by some Muslims as examples of civilization and refinement! It is worth mentioning here that in America , for example, Amnesty International stated in a 2004 report entitled “Stop Violence Against Women” that every 90 seconds a woman was raped during that year.

The punishment for rape in Islam is the same as the punishment for zina (adultery or fornication), which is stoning if the perpetrator is married, and one hundred lashes and banishment for one year if he is not married.

Moreover, Ibn `Abdul-Barr (may Allah bless his soul) said

The scholars are unanimously agreed that the rapist is to be subjected to the hadd punishment if there is clear evidence against him that he deserves the hadd punishment, or if he admits to that. Otherwise, he is to be punished (that is, if there is no proof that the hadd punishment for zina may be carried out against him because he does not confess and there are not four witnesses, then the judge may punish him and stipulate a punishment that will deter him and others like him). There is no punishment for the woman if it is true that he forced her and overpowered her. (Al-Istidhkaar, 7/146).

In addition, the rapist is subject to the hadd punishment for zina, even if the rape was not carried out at knifepoint or gunpoint. If the use of a weapon was threatened, then he is a muharib, and is to be subjected to the hadd punishment described in the verse in which Allah says (The recompense of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off from opposite sides, or be exiled from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a great torment is theirs in the Hereafter) (Al-Ma’idah 5:33).

So the judge has the choice of the four punishments mentioned in this verse and may choose whichever he thinks is most suitable to attain the objective, which is to spread peace and security in society, and ward off evildoers and aggressors.

Source: www.islam-qa.com

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1125407868541

hoe is this right and why aint you fighting against it ir it is against islamic law. afterall these are your mothers, sisters and daughters.
There are no countries running under Islamic jurisprudence today.. you can thank the colonial world for dismanteling the last of its empires..

Nico
11-18-2007, 09:04 PM
no ummzayd thats the point muslims havent defamed the prohet. when i have sked them they are avoided the question or given me some sorry excuse about how it was okay because he was the prophet. i dont care how many times muslims say it and how you try to justify it a 53 year old man thigh a 6 year old and then having sex with her when she is 9 is not acceptable. not in ancient times and not now. a girls nody might be ready to have a baby but her mind isnt. how many people here would allow they 6 year old daughter to be thighed by a 53 year old man. none of you.

Woodrow
11-18-2007, 09:05 PM
to woodrow i am not talking about terrorism. i am talking about why arnt you fighting against these laws that opress women when they go against islamic law. surely if something goes against islamic law then as a good muslim you are suppose to fight against it. i just think that if muslims put as much effort in to change things like this as they doing into fighting the west they peoples opinion of islam would change.
Nearly 90% of the worlds Muslims do not live in those countries. Our words and protests to them fall upon deaf ears. We have no more means of having an impact than you do.

Perhaps you are unaware that we have no central earthly authority, nor any ordained clergy. Each Muslim personally carries the responsibility for his/her actions.

What the protest is about is national culture, not religious practice. Some of our Brothers and Sisters do tend to follow culture more than they follow Islam. Those that need to be informed are the most difficult to access. Few if any even have electricity, forget about TV or Internet. Most of us are living many thousands of miles away from those Cultures. Remember, at least 85% of the world's Muslims do not even speak Arabic and have very little influence on some of the cultural problems.

Whatsthepoint
11-18-2007, 09:06 PM
all I can say is that this is one of the free-est and most tolerant religious forums I've ever been to.
Hell, they didn't even deleted your topics. They merely closed them and even wrote an explanation! In other forums mods would most probably deleted them and block your IP...

'Abd al-Baari
11-18-2007, 09:07 PM

doesnt it say some were in the quran that black muslims dissapoint allah

I am not suggesting that i know the Quran inside out but i know that this is not in the Quran..at least not in the sense that you mean it

Some of the most famous companions of the Prophet s.a.w were black, including Hazrat Bilal R.A

Allah says in the Quran
30:22 And among his wonders is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the diversity of your tongues and colours: for in this, behold, there are messages indeed for all who are possessed of [innate] knowledge!

35:28 and (as) there are in men, and in crawling beasts, and in cattle, too, many hues? [19] Of all His servants, only such as are endowed with [innate] knowledge stand [truly] in awe of God: [20] [for they alone comprehend that,] verily, God is almighty, much-forgiving.

جوري
11-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Saida aisha was engaged to marry someone else before the prophet sala Allah 3lyhi waslaam. and she broke her engagment to marry him.. again If you'd bothered read my last post you'd know it is the woman's choice who she marries, it isn't up to the parent to let their children marry or not marry
here it is again in case you missed it
Al-Khansaa’ bint Khidaam complained to the Prophet that her father wanted her to marry someone she didn’t want, saying “I do not wish to accept what my father has arranged.” The Prophet said, “Then this marriage is invalid, go and marry whomever you wish.” Al-Khansaa’ said, “I have actually accepted what my father has arranged, but I wanted women to know that fathers have no right in their daughter’s matters” (i.e. they have no right to force a marriage on them). (Fath Al-Barî Ibn Hajr, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)
..I don't think you can reconcile in your mind life even 100 yrs ago from life now or life centuries ago..there is nothing anyone can do to remedy that... it is your choice.. but don't impose your definitions on the world..in many parts of Africa modern day that hasn't changed, given the life expectancy is 44 years.
I don't know who makes up your morality for you? given that you are an atheist I say.. they are subject to the tide but they are certainly not the measure by which most people live their lives..

cheers!

جوري
11-18-2007, 09:14 PM
United Colors Of Islam

One only need look to the Nazis' brutal persecution of the Jews earlier this century or the more recent genocide of the Bosnian Muslims to see how ethno-religious groups can suffer so terribly at the hands of racists. Quite often however, religion is itself responsible for racist oppression.

Middle-Eastern origins aside, Judaism is regarded as a Western religion. But the almost complete assimilation of Jews into all levels of Western society actually betrays Judaism's elitist reality.

'There is no God in all the world but in Israel.' (2 Kings 5:15)

A pious interpretation of such biblical verses would be to suggest that in those days, God (Allah) was not worshipped except by the Israelites. However, even today Jews still consider themselves as the exclusively chosen race of God.

Conversely, while most Christians are overwhelmingly non-Jews, Jesus as the last of the Israelite Prophets was sent to none but the Jews. In the Bible, he is reported to have said:

'I have not been sent except to the lost sheep of the House of Israel.' (Matthew 15:24)[1]

And likewise every other prophet was sent exclusively to his own people; every prophet that is, except Muhammad.

Say (O Muhammad): People! I am the Messenger of Allah sent to you all. (Qur'an, 7:158)

As Muhammad was Allah's final Messenger to humanity, his message was a universal one with the capacity to unite not only his own nation, the Arabs, but all the peoples of the world.

And We have not sent you (O Muhammad) but to the whole of mankind as a giver of glad tidings and a warner, but most people have no knowledge. (Qur'an, 34:28)

BILAL THE ABYSSINIAN One of the earliest converts to Islam was an Abyssinian slave named Bilal. Traditionally, black Africans were a lowly people in the sight of Arabs who thought them to be of little use beyond entertainment and slavery. When Bilal converted to Islam, his pagan master had him brutally tortured in the scorching desert heat until Abu Bakr, the Prophet's closest friend, rescued Bilal by buying his freedom. Muhammad appointed Bilal as his muezzin and the call to prayer announced from minarets in every comer of the world today echoes the exact same words proclaimed by Bilal. Thus, a onetime despised slave achieved one of the highest positions of honour in becoming Islam’s first muezzin. Although ancient Greece is accredited with being the birthplace of democracy, it was a democracy only for its Free citizens - the majority of its population, being slaves, were denied the right to elect their ruler. Yet Islam ordained that a slave could himself be ruler! The Prophet ordered: 'Stick to obedience (i.e. 'Obey your ruler) even if he be an Abyssinian slave.' (Ahmad)

SALMAN THE PERSIAN Like most of his countrymen, Salman was raised a devout Zoroastrian but after an encounter with some Christians at worship in their Church he accepted Christianity as 'something better'. As a Christian, Salman travelled extensively in search of knowledge. His journey took him from the service of one learned monk to the next, the last of whom said to him:

'O son! I do not know of anyone who is on the same (creed) as we are. However, the time of the emergence of a prophet will shade you. This prophet is on the religion of Abraham.'

The monk then proceeded to describe this prophet, his character and where he would appear. Salman immigrated to Arabia, the land of the Prophecy, and when he heard about and met Muhammad, he immediately recognised him from hi, teacher's descriptions. Salman's long search for the truth was finally over and he embraced Islam.

Salman became renowned for his knowledge and was in fact the first person to translate the Qur'an into another language, Persian. Once, whilst the Prophet was amongst his Companions, the following verse was revealed to him:

It is He (Allah) Who had sent among the illiterates (i.e. the Arabs) a Messenger (Muhammad) from among themselves ... and (also to) others (i.e. non-Arabs) among them who have not yet joined them. (Qur'an, 62:2-3)

Allah's Messenger placed his hand on Salman and said:

'Even if the Faith were near (the star of) Pleiades, a man from amongst these (Persians) would surely attain it.' (Muslim)

One such man was Imam Muhammad Isma'eeI of Bukhara (a predominately Persian city). His famous collection of hadith (narrations of the Prophet) entitled As-Sahih was unanimously declared by the scholars of Islam to be 'The most authentic book after the Book of Allah (i.e. after the Quran).'

SUHAYB THE ROMAN Blonde-haired and fair complexioned Abu Yahya SUHAYB was born into the luxurious house of his father, a client governor for the Persian emperor. Whilst still a child, SUHAYB was captured by a Byzantine raiding party to be eventually sold into slavery in Constantinople[2] SUHAYB eventually escaped from bondage and fled to Mecca, a popular place of asylum, where he soon became a prosperous merchant nick-named 'ar-Rumi' (the Roman) due to his Greek tongue and Byzantine up-bringing. When SUHAYB heard Muhammad preach, he was at once convinced of the truth of his message and readily embraced Islam. Like the rest of the early Muslims, SUHAYB was persecuted by the idolatrous Meccans and had to trade all his wealth in exchange for safe passage to join the Prophet at Medina. When SUHAYB finally arrived at Medina, the Prophet, delighted to see him, greeted him thrice: 'Your transaction has been fruitful, O Abu Yahya. Your transaction has been fruitful.' Allah had informed the Prophet of Suhayb's exploits even before they were reunited:

And there is a type of man who gives his life to earn the pleasure of Allah. And Allah is full of kindness to His servants. (Qur'an, 2:207)

The Prophet loved SUHAYB a great deal and described him as having preceded the Byzantines to Islam. Suhayb's piety and standing among Muslims was so high that when Caliph Umar was on his deathbed, he selected SUHAYB to lead the Muslims whilst they were choosing a successor.

ABDULLAH THE HEBREW The Jews were another nation that the pre-Islamic Arabs held in contempt. Many Jews and Christians had been expecting a new prophet to appear in Arabia during the time of the Prophet Muhammad. Jews from the Levite tribe in particular had settled in large numbers in and around the city of Medina. However, when the much-anticipated prophet came not as a Hebrew son of Israel, but as the Arab descendant of Ishmael, the Jews rejected him. Except that is for a few like aI-Husayn bin Salam. Al-Husayn was a learned rabbi and leader of the Medinan Jews but was denounced by them when he embraced Islam. The Prophet renamed al-Husayn, 'Abdullah', meaning 'Servant of Allah' and in his own lifetime the Prophet gave Abdullah the glad tidings that he was destined for Paradise. Abdullah addressed his tribesmen, saying: 'O assembly of Jews! Be conscious of Allah and accept what Muhammad-has brought. By Allah, you certainly know that he is Allah's Messenger and you can find prophecies about him and mention of his name and characteristics in your Torah. I for my part declare that he is the Messenger of Allah. I have faith in him and believe that he is true. I recognise him.' Allah revealed the following verse about Abdullah:

... and a witness from the Children of Israel testifies that this Qur'an is from Allah like (the Torah). So he believed while (most of) you (Jews) are too proud (to believe). (Qur'an, 46:10)

Thus, in the ranks of the Prophet Muhammad's Companions could be found Africans, Persians, Romans and Israelites; representatives of every then-known continent. The Prophet said: 'Indeed my friends and allies are not the tribe of so and so. Rather, my friends and allies are the pious wherever they may be.'

(al-Bukhari & Muslim)

This point was further emphasised by the Prophet when he said: 'There is truly no excellence for an Arab over a non-Arab, nor for a non-Arab over an Arab; nor for a white man over a black man, nor for a black man over a white man; except through piety.'(Ahmad)

O humanity! We have created you from a single male and female and have made you into nations and tribes that you may know one another (not that you may have pride over one another). Verily the most honorable of you in the sight of Allah is the one most pious. (Qur'an, 49:13)

The Prophet Muhammad said: 'The parable of the Believers in their mutual love and mercy is like that of a (living) body; if one part feels pain, the whole body suffers in sleeplessness and fever.' (Muslim)

Such a universal brotherhood was championed by the' Prophet's Companions after him, including his immediate temporal successors: Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman and Ali (known collectively as the four Rightly-Guided Caliphs). When the Companion Ubada ibn as-Samit led a Muslim delegation to Muqawqis, the Christian patriarch of Alexandria, Muqawqis exclaimed: 'Get this black man away from me and bring another to talk to me. ... How can you be content that a black man should be the foremost among you? Is it not more fitting that he be below you?' 'Indeed no,' Ubada's comrades replied, ‘for although he is black as you see, he is still the foremost among us in position, in precedence, in intelligence and in wisdom; for darkness is not despised among us.'

Verily, the Believers are but brothers (to one another). (Qur'an, 49:10)

The spread of nationalism with its separating of Muslims along ethnic, linguistic and tribal lines is an evil and divisive innovation in Islam. Allah says in His Book:

Say: If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your tribe, the wealth that you have gained, the commerce in which you fear a decline, and the dwellings in which you delight are dearer to you than Allah and His Messenger and striving hard in His Cause, then wait until Allah brings about His Decision. And Allah guides not a rebellious people. (Qur'an, 9:24)

In fact, the Muslims in and of themselves constitute one nation:

Thus We have made you (Believers into) a (single) justly balanced nation. (Qur'an, 2:143)

The Prophet said: 'Whoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jam'ah[3] and dies, (then) he dies a death of jahiliyyah (i.e. pre-Islamic ignorance and disbelief). And whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for nationalism or calling to nationalism or assisting nationalism and dies, (then) he dies a death of jahiliyyah.' (Muslim)

While those who disbelieved placed in their hearts pride and haughtiness - the pride and haughtiness of jahiliyyah, Allah sent down His tranquillity upon His Messenger and upon the believers. (Qur'an, 48:26)

A FINAL POINT Still repeated in some circles and perhaps one of the greatest barriers to its acceptance by Westerners is the fallacy that Islam is primarily a religion for blacks or dark skinned people. No doubt, the racial injustices against many blacks, be they Abyssinian slaves of pre-Islamic Arabia or twentieth century African-Americans, has prompted many to embrace Islam, but this is beside the point. The Prophet Muhammad was himself of pale complexion, described by his Companions as being 'white and ruddy'. And unbeknown to most people is the fact that Europe has more indigenous white Muslims than it has coloured immigrants. Albanians, for example, descended from the ancient Illyrian-Celts, are one of Europe's oldest tribes and amongst the earliest inhabitants of the Balkans. Today, 80%. of all Albanians Are MUSLIMS.[4] In fact, the world's leading Muslim scholar, the Reviver of Islam, Champion of the Sunna (practice of the Prophet) and mountain of knowledge, Shaykh Muhammad Nasir-ud-Deen al-Albani, is, as his title suggests, Albanian. Some anthropologists believed that the Caucasus Mountain region of SE Europe was the cradle of 'the white race' and white people are still described as 'Caucasian'. Today, six of Russia's seven autonomous Caucasus republics are Muslim republics. In fact, Islam peacefully entered parts of Europe long before Christianity. Over a thousand years ago, 'In times long ago, when the Russian Slav had not yet started to build Christian churches on the Oka nor conquered these places in the name of European civilisation, the Bulgar[5] was already listening to the Qur'an on the banks of the Volga and the Kama.' (S.M. Solov'ev, Istoria Rossis Drevneishikh Vremen. Moscow 1965, p.476)

This century too has seen large numbers of Europeans embrace Islam. In the UK alone there are estimated to be tens of thousands of reverts to Islam (mostly Anglo-Saxon and Celtic women) and within the next 20 years their number is expected to overtake the immigrant Muslim population that brought the faith here (The Times, 11/9/1993). Neither has the large awakening to Islam gone unnoticed by US administration. Hillary Rodham Clinton recently remarked: 'Islam is the fastest-growing religion in America, a guide and pillar of stability for many of our people...' (First Lady Breaks Ground with Muslims, Los Angeles Times, 5/31/1996)

Truly, We created (all) humans in the best of moulds. (Qur'an, 95:4)

Every faith besides Islam calls for the worship of creation in some way, shape or form. Moreover, race and colour play a central and divisive role in almost all non-Islamic belief systems. In Christianity, through the Prophet Jesus and the saints and in Buddhism, through Buddha and the Dalai Lama men and women of a particular race and colour are worshipped as deities in derogation of Allah. In Judaism, salvation is withheld from the non-Jew Gentile. Hinduism's caste-system likewise degrades and checks the spiritual, not to mention social, political and economic aspirations of the 'unclean' lower castes. Islam, however, seeks to unite and make one all the creatures of the world upon the Unity and Oneness of their Creator. Thus, Islam alone liberates all peoples, races and colours in the worship of Allah alone.

Verily, I am Allah - there is nothing worthy of worship but Me. Therefore worship Me (alone). (Qur'an, 20:14)

'No other society has such a record of success in uniting in an equality of status, of opportunity and endeavour so many and so varied races o mankind. The great Muslim communities of Africa, India and Indonesia, perhaps also the small community in Japan, show that Islam has still the power to reconcile apparently irreconcilable elements Of race and tradition.'

(H.A.R. Gibb, Whither Islam, London, 193Z p. 379)

'The extinction of race consciousness as between Muslims is one of the outstanding achievements of Islam and in the contemporary world there is, as it happens, a crying need for the propagation of this Islamic virtue...'

(A.J. Toynbee, Civilisation on Trial, New York, p. 205)

,How, for instance can any other appeal stand against that of the Moslem who, in approaching the pagan, says to him, however obscure or degraded he may be "Embrace the faith, and you are at once equal and a brother." Islam knows no colour line.'

(S.S. Leeder, Veiled Mysteries of Egypt)

And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the (wonderful) difference of your languages and colours. Verily, in that are indeed signs for people of sound knowledge. (Qur'an, 30:22)

P.O. Box 10528, Jubail 31961 - Tel.: 03-341-8639

Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1]. Hence every one of the famous twelve disciples of Jesus was an Israelite Jew. The one biblical passage where Jesus is supposed to have told his disciples to 'Go and preach unto all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.' (Matthew 28:19), commonly quoted to prove the Gentile mission as well as the Trinity, is not found in any pre-sixteenth century manuscript and is thus considered 'a pious fraud'.

[2] The Byzantine or East Roman Empire was finally brought to an end when its ancient capital, Constantinople, was conquered by the young Ottoman Sultan, Muhammad al-Fatih, in 1453CE. The conquest was a watershed in world history, marking the end of the Middle Ages as well as the fulfilment of a prophecy of the Prophet Muhammad.

[3] 'Al-Jam'ah' refers to the group of Believers who are united upon the pure, unadulterated Islam of Muhammad and his Companions.

[4] Other 'native' European Muslims include the Bosnians, Pomaks and Ajarians,

[5] In 922CE Islam became the official religion of the Volga Bulgars, a turkicised Iranic tribe originating from the ancient Afghan city of Balkh. The present-day Bulgarians, Volga Tatars, Chuvash and various Caucasus tribes all trace their ancestry back to the ancient Bulgars.

http://www.al-sunnah.com/colors.htm

I hope you'll spend some time reading before we read your next comment

cheers!

Nico
yes pureambrosia the muslim world did give us lots of things. you forgot to mention currys and kebabs which are a favoutite of the english. but i am not disputing any of this. your asnwer is smoke screen to avaoid by orginal question. and as for the facts about high suicde in muslim women. i dont know about in muslim countries but here in the u.k the suicde rate amognst muslim women if 4 times more that non muslims. there is a trainline that runs through a asian area in the south of engalnd. in the last year more than 150 women (mainly muslim) have thrown themselfs under it and commited suicide. in july they were fore muslim women suicides in 4 days on the stretch of line. look it up on internet if you dont believe me.

islamirama
to al-izaaree im sorry but that is a cop out saying that muslims are not representing islam. for the allowing sex with children would you let a 53 year old man have sex with your 9 year old daughter just because she had started her period. no i dont thinks so. as for muslims hating africans, doesnt it say some were in the quran that black muslims dissapoint allah. and also that angels weep when a girl is presented before allah. yet you claim not to hate females.
Can you please bring proofs to back up your statements, thus far i have only seen your words and nothing to back them up.

Few things you should keep in mind & go look into ...

The age of marriage in those days was soon after a girl had hit puberty. The age of men was a bit older because they had to be able to provide for their family after marriage. The arab pagans who hated Mohammad (saws) and Muslims even didn't raise any concerns or attack on Mohammad (saws) for this marriage. Why? because the whole society followed those norms and customs then. Even the people in west, europe and other parts of the world practice this. The life expectancy wasn't that high neither male nor female in those days.

The pagan arabs used to bury their infant daughters out of shame. Islam came and abolished this abhorant act. And no, angels do not weep. There are a few moments when Allah accepts your dua (because He is happy). One of them is when it's raining and another is when a daughter is born. Check out the rights of women in Islam (same rights granted to them 1500yrs ago that women in west had to fight for in 1900s)
http://www.themodernreligion.com/wom...ts_summary.htm
http://www.uga.edu/islam/Islamwomen.html

As for blacks. This is something the west brought to the world. The prejudice and looking down on the colored people. It is something the Muslims got from the white colonial powers that occupied Muslim lands and influenced their thought process. As for islam, this is what Islam says...

"... All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood.... O People! No Prophet or Apostle will come after me and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore, O People! And understand words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, Al-Qur'aan and my Sunnah (i.e., sayings, deeds, and approvals) and if you follow these you will never go astray..." [Prophet Muhammad's (SAW) Last Sermon]

Nico
11-18-2007, 09:16 PM
to woodrow you are telling me that only 10% of the worlds muslims live in islamic countries and the other 90 lives in non islamic countries. i dont thinks so.

Whatsthepoint
11-18-2007, 09:20 PM
this somehow fits into this topic. It goes for all religions:

"Tamarin [an Israeli psychologist] presented to more than a thousand Israeli schoolchildren, aged between eight and fourteen, the account of the battle of Jericho in the book of Joshua:
Joshua said to the people, 'Shout; for the LORD has given you the city. And the city and all that is within it shall be devoted to the LORD for destruction...But all silver and gold, and vessels of bronze and iron, are sacred to the LORD; they shall go into the treasury of the LORD.'...Then they utterly destroyed all in the city, both men and women, young and old, oxen, sheep, and assess, with the edge of the sword...And they burned the city with fire, and all within it; only the silver and gold, and the vessels of bronze and of iron, they put into the treasury of the house of the LORD.

Tamarin then asked the children a simple moral question: 'Do you think Joshua and the Israelites acted righty or not?' They had to choose between A (total approval), B (partial approval) and C (total disapproval). The results were polarized: 66 per cent gave total approval and 26 per cent gave total dissaproval, with rather fewer (8 per cent) in the middle with partial approval. Here are three typical answers from the total approval (A) group:

In my opinion Joshua and the Sons of Israel acted well, and here are the reasons: God promised them this land, and gave them permission to conquer. If they would not have acted in this manner or killed anyone, then there would be the danger that the Sons of Israel would have assimilated among the Goyim.

In my opinion Joshua was right when he did it, one reason being that God commanded him to exterminate the people so that the tribes of Israel will not be able to assimilate amongst them and learn their bad ways.

Joshua did good because the people who inhabited the land were of a different religion, and when Joshua killed them he wiped their religion from the earth." (pp 255-256)

Continuing on a little further:

"Tamarin ran a fascinating control group in his experiment. A different group of 168 Israeli children were given the same text from the book of Joshua, but with Joshua's own name replaced by 'General Lin' and 'Israel' replaced by 'a Chinese kingdom 3,000 years ago'. Now the experiment gave opposite results. Only 7 per cent approved. In other words, when their loyalty to Judaism was removed from the calculation, the majority of children agreed with the moral judgements that most modern humans would share. Joshua's action was a deed of barbaric genocide. But it all looks different from a religious point of view. And the difference starts early in life. It was religion that made the difference between children condemning genocide and condoning it." (p 257)

جوري
11-18-2007, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE=Nico;861421]
yes pureambrosia the muslim world did give us lots of things. you forgot to mention currys and kebabs which are a favoutite of the english.
???

but i am not disputing any of this. your asnwer is smoke screen to avaoid by orginal question.
If I am reading this.. it means you have spent no time whatsoever reading anything I wrote.. I consider myself a speed reader but that is just ridiculous..

and as for the facts about high suicde in muslim women. i dont know about in muslim countries but here in the u.k the suicde rate amognst muslim women if 4 times more that non muslims.
Again..I'll need to see an article for that..I lived in England for two years and the sisters that I met with were quite pro-active and happy.. if we are going to go by personal opinion.. then I'll take my own eye witness.. I have never been invited to more houses than I have been in my two years there..

there is a trainline that runs through a asian area in the south of engalnd. in the last year more than 150 women (mainly muslim) have thrown themselfs under it and commited suicide.
I have been to Luton if that is what you are talking about 'south England' and I'll say that you must live in some bubble.. because most of their fears didn't center about how their father is abusing them.. rather the mean way 'whites' look at them!

in july they were fore muslim women suicides in 4 days on the stretch of line. look it up on internet if you dont believe me.
If I am making such a statement with bravado..I think it would be incumbent upon me to bring the evidence not ask folks to go look for it? further.. you forget that the Musim world all 1.86 billion of it doesn't live in your tiny little Island.. only 20% of it are Arabs..we are every where and from every nationality.. chinese, Japanese, American, Malaysian, Bosnian.. so I ask again that you read what was provided you and live outside your bubble a little.. people aren't colored by your definition.. Muslims are very successful here in the states..I can't speak for England.. but if a reality different than yours exists.. then I suggest you let go your sterotypes a little?

Middle Eastern immigrants were highly educated, with 49 percent holding at least a bachelor's degree, compared to 28 percent of natives.

Median earnings for Middle Eastern men were $39,000 a year compared to $38,000 for native workers.

they tend to be better-educated than native U.S. residents — about half hold bachelor's degrees, compared to 28 percent of natives. They also perform as well economically as natives — 30- and 40-year-old Middle Eastern males with a college education have the same median income as natives, and Middle East immigrants are more likely be self-employed.

Middle Eastern Immigrants in U.S. Educated, Prosperous, Study Says
Gannett News Service, August 15, 2002

(Also ran in Arizona Republic - 8/15)

WASHINGTON — Middle Eastern immigrants in the United States are well educated, earn more money than most Americans and are predominantly Muslim, according to a report released Wednesday.

They also are among the nation's fastest-growing immigrant groups, according to the report issued by the Center for Immigration Studies in Washington, a think tank that supports reducing the number of immigrants to the United States.

The report says the number of Middle Eastern immigrants increased from fewer than 200,000 in 1970 to almost 1.5 million in 2000. The overall number of foreign-born residents in the United States tripled to 31 million over the same period.

The report offers a rare portrait of an immigrant group that has received intense scrutiny and negative publicity since the Sept. 11 attacks.
Project MAPS, a survey of "Muslims in the American Public Square" conducted in 2001-2002 by researchers at Georgetown University, found that 86 percent of all Muslim professionals were concentrated in three careers: engineering, computer science, and medicine. Law, law enforcement, and politics accounted for a minuscule 0.6 percent. American Muslims, some demographers say, have also been voting well below their numbers in the population -- registering to vote at only half the national rate, according to the 2001 American Religious Identification Survey [PDF], a project of the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. "If they ever did play to their weight" in the electoral arena and in Washington, Muslims "would be a much more considerable force in public policy-making," says Steve Clemons, a Democrat who directs the American Strategy Program at the New America Foundation in Washington.
http://www.wilsoncenter.org/topics/p...ab_America.pdf
http://www.cis.org/articles/2002/mideastcoverage.html

ummzayd
11-18-2007, 09:22 PM
no ummzayd thats the point muslims havent defamed the prohet. when i have sked them they are avoided the question or given me some sorry excuse about how it was okay because he was the prophet. i dont care how many times muslims say it and how you try to justify it a 53 year old man thigh a 6 year old and then having sex with her when she is 9 is not acceptable. not in ancient times and not now. a girls nody might be ready to have a baby but her mind isnt. how many people here would allow they 6 year old daughter to be thighed by a 53 year old man. none of you.
sorry but I thought you said that other Muslims had contradicted what you were told by brother Qatada.

It seems you agree that at puberty the body is mature enough to have a baby (and therefore mature enough for sex)? and yet you feel that a girl's mind might not be ready for sex even though her body is. Do you think that such a girl would be mentally damaged, or emotionally disturbed? that might be true of some girls, if they were exceptionally immature.

as I already said, Aishah (r.a.) had one of the finest minds of any human being - she was intelligent, sharp, wise - in modern parlance we could even describe her as 'sassy'. She had a sharp tongue and was not afraid to speak her mind to anyone. She transmitted thousands of hadiths (sayings of the Prophet or descriptions of his actions), and is a very important person in Islamic history. she was no victim.

peace

Nico
11-18-2007, 09:23 PM
the pureambrosia i cant comment on christainity or judism as i know little about it.... also i know when the prohet married aisha it was centuries ago when that sort of thing was common place. but in this day and age when we know right from wrong how can you still worship such a man when you should be condeming his actions. and actualkly if you look at you history you will see that arabs started the salve trade of africans not whites.

Woodrow
11-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Perhaps you should ask some Non-Muslims that have lived in predominatly Islamic countries what it was like?

About forty years ago when I was living in North Africa and through out the Mideast I had not yet reverted to Islam. Even tho I was non-Muslim and preaching Christianity I was never in fear of harm and was treated fairly in all situations. It has only been in the past 2 years I accepted Islam. I was quite determined to never be a Muslim. Now, thanks to Allaah(swt) I will/should live my final days as a Muslim.

snakelegs
11-18-2007, 09:24 PM
suggestion #2: withhold food.

boriqee
11-18-2007, 09:25 PM
let me be straight up with you

what the hell did you see a 'cop out" answer. I gave you a reality full stop. Yes i would allow a 60 year old man marry my women daughter be she 9 provided it was her wish to be with him. who am I to stop what she wants.But of course our women who just hit puberty are not like what they were before.

as for the afiricans, i think this is enough of a representation of your inability and therefore invalidity to speak about Islam

oesnt it say some were in the quran that black muslims dissapoint allah
compare that to the factual prophetic statement "you must obey the ruler even if he be an abysynian slave" and in speaking about Bilaal, the black slave, said "he is in jannah, a blessed companion and friend to the Messenger of the Lord of the worlds.

and also that angels weep when a girl is presented before allah
such preposterousness. This is why muslims stress the importance which is recorded firstly in the books of fiqh, "ilm (knowledge) precedes speech and action" ilm qabla qawl wal amal. if you don't know, remain silent.

seriously, should we listen to your evaluation of women or how Allah evaluated the girl when He said "And when the baby girls will be asked 'for what reason was she buried alive for" thus signifying that Allah will restore that baby girl's rights over the one who buried her restoring her honor and the honor of wmen in society which the pagan arabs degraded. I chose the statement of the Lord of the worlds over you any day.

Whatsthepoint
11-18-2007, 09:27 PM
the pureambrosia i cant comment on christainity or judism as i know little about it.... also i know when the prohet married aisha it was centuries ago when that sort of thing was common place. but in this day and age when we know right from wrong how can you still worship such a man when you should be condeming his actions. and actualkly if you look at you history you will see that arabs started the salve trade of africans not whites.
Now, that's interesting. Could you elaborate?:)

جوري
11-18-2007, 09:27 PM
a graph of Muslim demographics across the globe.. from the Christian research journal!

Nico
11-18-2007, 09:29 PM
no ummzayd other muslims that i have read on the internet or seen on youtube. not my friends who are muslim. you havent asnwered my question about whether you would let your 6 year old daughter be thighed by a 53 year old man. and yes i do think girls that young having sex will be emothionally damaged and not just the immuture ones. i'm sure are muslim pshycologic on her will agree.

Whatsthepoint
11-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Purest, are you sure there are 1,86 billion muslims out there? where did you aquire this information.
I'm asking because I find it a bit high and because some LI users have claimed there are 300 million muslims in China, which is false.

'Abd al-Baari
11-18-2007, 09:32 PM

If you have ready any of the links that bro - Qatada - and myself had posted then you will have read that although they were married when Aishah was 9 years old not six, also by that age Aishah was fully develped physically and mentally, which she said so hereself :)

Aishah, may God be pleased with her, narrated that the Prophet(P) was betrothed (zawaj) to her when she was six years old and he consummated (nikah) his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years. (Sahîh al-Bukhârî, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64)

Historically, the age at which a girl was considered ready to be married has been puberty. This was the case in Biblical times, as we will discuss below, and is still used to determine the age of marriage in what the culturally arrogant West calls "primitive societies" throughout the world. As the ahâdîth about cAishah's age show, her betrothal took place at least three years before the consummation of the marriage. The reason for this was that they were waiting for her to come of age (i.e. to have her first menstrual period). Puberty as a biological sign shows that a women is capable of bearing children. Can anyone logically deny this? Part of the wisdom behind the Prophet's marriage to cAishah just after she reached puberty is to firmly establish this as a point of Islamic Law, even though it was already cultural norm in all Semitic societies (including the one Jesus(P) grew up in). The large majority of Islamic jurists say that the earliest time a marriage can be consummated is on the onset sexual maturity (bulugh), meaning puberty. Since this was the norm of all Semitic cultures and it still is the norm of many cultures today: it is certainly not something that Islam invented. However, widespread opposition to such a Divinely revealed and accepted historical norm is certainly something that is relatively new.
Source http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Polemics/aishah.html

boriqee
11-18-2007, 09:34 PM
1. for one, slavery to the arabs is unlike anything your imperial westerners barbarized it to be. slavery to them was merely workmanship converted in modern conventional understanding. Thus t hey were well fed, kept, and cared for, like a maid in our times. certainyl the west does not condmen the workmanship of maids and butlers. It is onlythe colonial masters whotook slavery into a concept not practiced nor fathomable tot he rest of human societies including the arabs
2. what in this world do you know, or anyone else for that matter, about right and wrong. every 2 years your morals change. in one instant a women having a child outside of wedlook was looked down upon, and a few years later, its 'okay. a few years ago homosexuality is a crime and attrocity, now, after a few years, if you speak ill of it, your a homophobe. such bewildernment in the sea of contradictions in the realm of morale completely turns one off from the western mindset of how life is viewed.

Nico
to al-izaaree so you would let your 9 year old daughter warry a 60 if she that what she wanted. would you let her drink alohol if that what she wanted. would you let her jump of a cliff if thats what she wanted. NO because you know that is harmeful to her. and before you say no you would because they go against islamic law, then according to some people on this site having sex with children is now codiser against islamic law in this day and age.

Whatsthepoint
No girl is fully physicaly and mentally developed at the age of 9.

NoName55
11-18-2007, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
suggestion #2: withhold food.
dearest sister! are you trying to close down the entertainment business that is LI?

if you stop feeding them, they wont stay and invite more, you will make this a quite peacfull place where only seekers will visit and there can not be as much profit in that as there is in exciting and vibrant argumentatative sites

wa salaam

Whatsthepoint
11-18-2007, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-Izaaree
1. for one, slavery to the arabs is unlike anything your imperial westerners barbarized it to be. slavery to them was merely workmanship converted in modern conventional understanding. Thus t hey were well fed, kept, and cared for, like a maid in our times. certainyl the west does not condmen the workmanship of maids and butlers. It is onlythe colonial masters whotook slavery into a concept not practiced nor fathomable tot he rest of human societies including the arabs
2. what in this world do you know, or anyone else for that matter, about right and wrong. every 2 years your morals change. in one instant a women having a child outside of wedlook was looked down upon, and a few years later, its 'okay. a few years ago homosexuality is a crime and attrocity, now, after a few years, if you speak ill of it, your a homophobe. such bewildernment in the sea of contradictions in the realm of morale completely turns one off from the western mindset of how life is viewed.
Morals aren't universal but rather a product of various sociopsychological factors. That's how most atheists/agnostics and a lot of westerners see it.

barney
11-18-2007, 09:39 PM
Nico, I missed your initial thread, but take my advice.
The people you are speaking to here are not strapping themselves with explosive belts and planning chemical attacks on orphans. (well only about 10% of them are :) )

Wind your neck in and open discussions with some respect. If your an atheist, then im sure you feel you can debunk Islam. Do so in the refutations section and with respect.

boriqee
11-18-2007, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
No girl is fully physicaly and mentally developed at the age of 9.
speak for yourself, or actually, for your entire century

it is of no wonder that history is repleat with the glroy of men and women who performed feats yet in their or what we would call, their adolecence. there wewre established families were boys would get married at 12 and lead entire battiloions at 14 and lead an entire army at 17.

nico, please give it up, stop hanging on straws here, if you failed to see the logic and reason in the relaity that was visible to the sane, the quite frankly the amount of intellectual in-eptivity you seem to adopt for yourself is unpenetrable

جوري
11-18-2007, 09:41 PM
this is getting tiresome and I notice you don't bring anything new to the table? your questions have been answered more than adequately.. I notice that not only do you ignore what is written but you seem to decrease saida aisha's age, and look over her previous enagement plus her own desire for marriage.. do you do it for shock value?
truth is marriage hasn't changed but the demands of society have... That is a different story.. I think personally at my age I'd have been a grandmother just a couple of centuries ago not just unmarried.. that was the norm.. If you can't accept that, there is nothing anyone can do about that..
Read a little of history please, the appropriate age of consent across the globe at least 150 years ago, and even that with ancient biblical laws
Although we do not follow this dictum, technically speaking, a girl can be betrothed the moment she is born, and married at the age of three (Shulchan Aruch, Even HaEzer 37:1). A boy can betroth and marry at the age of thirteen (Shulchan Aruch, Even HaEzer 43:1). 1. Talmud Kiddushin 41a.
2. Shulchan Aruch, Even HaEzer 37:1.
3. Shulchan Aruch, Even HaEzer 43:1.

What is the minimum age of marriage according to Jewish law? | AskMoses.com - Judaism, Ask a Rabbi - Live
do some comparative studies and try to reconcile that with modern day psychology which has you brain washed that the tender age of 27 is apropos for consummation... 'cause even modern psychology can't reconcile why homosexuality was an act of sexual deviance 30 years ago and now is a normal variant.
Perhaps once we learn where you get your values from we can have a more fruitful discussion?!

cheers!

Nico
11-18-2007, 09:42 PM
anyway this is last post today becuse i am going to bet. as much as i love talking to you lot, i have to be up in the morning for college (yes i am educated believe it or not). i must say some of you have educated me on islam and changed by opinion os islam. however they are some issues which i till condsider wrong and will continue to no matter how you try and justofy it or word you explanantions. we obviously come from two different cultures with very different opinions on morality. one thing i have learnt to day is how thankfull i am that i am an athiest. i dont need religion to tell me right from wrong as i know it deep in my heart. i honestly belive that if the whole world was athiest we would be a peaceful world. religion is not for me and never will be, but if it makes you lot happy then who am i to argue with you. if there is an allah may he bless all of you who are true and guide those of you with hypocrisy and hate in your heats. good night.

جوري
11-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Purest, are you sure there are 1,86 billion muslims out there? where did you aquire this information.
I'm asking because I find it a bit high and because some LI users have claimed there are 300 million muslims in China, which is false.
Hi.. I got it from here

http://www.livestockasia.com/confere...e/sulaiman.pdf

thanks for your Q

boriqee
11-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Morals aren't universal but rather a product of various sociopsychological factors. That's how most atheists/agnostics and a lot of westerners see it.
that right there is the fundamental problem that aids to the intellectual in-eptivity to the human physche of a people who never existed before the 18 hundreds as a solidified group i.e. atheists/agnostics.

that fact that it could be conceivable to anyone that morale can change through time is not only preposterous but defies the essence of the human himself, his logic and his reason.

what was wrong in one time is wrong in all times. Killing a man is a moral issue, so in the next 50 years, according to how you westerners are headed down the path of insanity, killing another man can and could be justified. that right there is the problem, you would defend some "moral" as absolute and then deem others as not. I swear by the One who holds the souls of all of us in His Hands, the imorality of killing a man is the same as the imorality of the faget, and is the same as the imorality of the one who disbeleives in the existence of God, and they stand imoral in all times and circumstancces. There is no justicification that justifies one to be morally right to the exclusion of the other. If your going to deem the crimes you have enjoyed as morally acceptable, then you will have to by default do the same for those matters you don
t deem acceptable. there is no double stndard in this regard.

Woodrow
11-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Separate Arab from Islam. Not all Arabs were or are Muslim and most Muslims are not Arab. the pre-Islamic Arabs were very barbaric. Some still exist. Because something is known to come from the Arab world does not automatically mean it is Islamic.

As far as the Prophet(PBUH) marrying Aisha, you need to first understand the Islamic concept of marriage and what it entails. Age of marriage is of no importance. No matter what the age of the marriage is, a marriage can not/will not be physically consummated until both parties are mentally and physically able to freely do so with benefits for both.

As has been stated numerous times we do not worship Muhammad(PBUH) we worship the message he was charged with delivering. We worship the letter, not the mailman.

boriqee
11-18-2007, 09:53 PM
anyway this is last post today becuse i am going to bet. as much as i love talking to you lot, i have to be up in the morning for college (yes i am educated believe it or not). i must say some of you have educated me on islam and changed by opinion os islam. however they are some issues which i till condsider wrong and will continue to no matter how you try and justofy it or word you explanantions. we obviously come from two different cultures with very different opinions on morality. one thing i have learnt to day is how thankfull i am that i am an athiest. i dont need religion to tell me right from wrong as i know it deep in my heart. i honestly belive that if the whole world was athiest we would be a peaceful world. religion is not for me and never will be, but if it makes you lot happy then who am i to argue with you. if there is an allah may he bless all of you who are true and guide those of you with hypocrisy and hate in your heats. good night.

if the whole world was atheists from the get go we would not have survived past the age of first recorded history.

all atheism is is another religion of which people wdeclare their adherence and enmity based on it, thus wars of catastrophic proportions would have consumded the existence of mankind.

besides how on earth do you think you landed at where you at today. it was religion that brought the world into the age it is in now and it is religiont hat will continue to progress it by the will of God to the limits of human progression until the time is established on man.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.