/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhh Java

جوري
11-18-2007, 10:33 PM

did you have a crappy day? sure we all have those... sad when it is LI giving you a headache? after coming to terms with being a low life, scummy,under educated, incestuous, effete, self-indulgent, oppressed, blackened slave from Saudi Arabia who married her brother at the age of three, a girl has to down it all with some Mocha frappuccino :shade: ... I am here to share the recipe ....
espresso preferably cold or any dark roast chilled beans
whipping cream
chocolate syrup
crushed ice
garnish with berry’s (optional)

In a blender combine all the above ingredients until the ice is crushed completely and the mixture is smooth. While serving top it of with some whipping cream and chocolate syrup.

I am really into easy recipes..so go ahead make it and then buzz me so I can have my share..

thank you
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
11-18-2007, 11:27 PM
My favorite recipe:

buy a jar of this:

Add 2 heaping teaspoons to a cup of hot water, stir until it looks like this:

OOOOps, wrong picture, I mean until it looks like this:

Drink and enjoy.

جوري
11-18-2007, 11:45 PM
;D ;D :D ;D ..I almost fell off the chair when I saw that..that would be a mighty big fur ball to cough up..

The thing about coffee is it puts you in a good mood for a good 30 minutes or so...then you are down but your mood can't keep with how your heart is pounding..still I wouldn't give up coffee and all its varities for the world...

in fact those days when I suffer motion sickness with nausea I find that a double espresso fixes the headache I get from the Dramamine plus the drowsiness as it is a common side effect..

I think coffee is a cure for many ills =)

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-19-2007, 12:10 AM
I was expecting thins thread to be IT related.

I use to love the tea in Pakistan but apart from that hot drinks are my thing...perhaps a Costa cafe hot choc once in a blue moon.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
InToTheRain
11-19-2007, 12:33 AM
I just get one of these Saches:

and add to MILK. Doesn't taste as good with water for some reason.

format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia

The thing about coffee is it puts you in a good mood for a good 30 minutes or so...then you are down but your mood can't keep with how your heart is pounding..still I wouldn't give up coffee and all its varities for the world...
I have heard some say that uplifting feeling you get is a result of caffeine easing withdrawal symptoms which build up overnight, but does not make people more alert than normal. In fact all it is doing is getting you back to normal, is this true?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6422279.stm

جوري
11-19-2007, 01:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z.AL-Rashid

I have heard some say that uplifting feeling you get is a result of caffeine easing withdrawal symptoms which build up overnight, but does not make people more alert than normal. In fact all it is doing is getting you back to normal, is this true?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6422279.stm

That is a good question.. caffeine is a drug and comes in two forms-- Caffeine citrate should and caffeine sodium benzoate formulation...
I believe the second you'll find in some drug formulations.. depending on which country you are in.. here in the states many of the over the counter analgesics especially for migraine will contain the latter...It has many uses and many contraindications and like any drug has risk of dependency but not so high up on the scale.. in other words you can taper yourself off without going through some massive withdrawl. I do that every Ramadan about a week or so before, difficult in beginning but by the end I am caffeine free .. of course once Ramadan is over I am off to every coffee house and having two of everything :shade:

general uses for Caffeine are

Caffeine citrate: Treatment of idiopathic apnea of prematurity

Caffeine and sodium benzoate: Treatment of acute respiratory depression, though it isn't preferred..
those are agreed upon-- but curretly there are many research articles surfacing about the good and evils of coffee.. I say we wait a little before tying something to parkinson's or attesting that it reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease by about 30% in women..because then in both cases people do foolish things..moderation really is key.. as the prophet sala Allah 3lyhi waslaam advised..

The Prophet said: 'The religion (of Islam) is easy. No one ever made it difficult without it becoming too much for him. So avoid extremes and strike a balance, do the best you can and be cheerful, and seek Allah's help (through prayer) in the morning, and evening, and part of the night.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)

north_malaysian
11-19-2007, 11:02 AM
I dont drink coffee as I hate the smell of it.... my mum and my younger sister loves coffee...

...my favourite hot drink is "Milo" (energetic chocolate drink)...

sometimes I drink tea too....

But when I visit some relatives in rural areas, I'll drink just a cup of it as a mark of respect to the host... (rural people, especially paddy farmers drink coffe everyday...)

jannat
11-19-2007, 11:21 AM
:sl:

i hope ur all well and in the best of health and iman inshallah.
yeah, i too i thought the thread wil be about IT/Computers!!

Woodrow
11-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Coffee is really quite interesting. Although it is native to Saudi Arabia it is now grown in nearly every tropical country. The various climates and soil conditions result in differences in the flavor and caffeine content. The coffee grown in Hawaii seems to have the highest caffeine concentration and the coffee grown in Nigeria seems to have the best flavor. Many plants also have high caffeine content, notably tea, Cocoa and Kola.

to get the best home coffee the best way is to buy whole green beans and roast and grind them fresh daily. The next best is to buy whole roasted beans and grind them as needed, preferbly immediatly before brewing. Ground coffee does loose it's aroma very fast.

If you buy ground coffee in bulk it is best to freeze it and take it out as needed.

Instant coffee is a passable solution for us lazy folks. Most brands can be counted on to be consistent in flavor from year to year. It has a long shelf life and is easy.

~Taalibah~
11-19-2007, 03:31 PM
I love coffee and cappuccino! But i drink tea much more.
Aaah whats better then a mug of...
Cappuccino&#3720Cool -

Worse still my frothing mug broke! I'm going to try your Mocha frappuccino when i get choc syrup, sis Ambrosia!

north_malaysian
11-20-2007, 10:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Coffee is really quite interesting. Although it is native to Saudi Arabia it is now grown in nearly every tropical country. The various climates and soil conditions result in differences in the flavor and caffeine content. The coffee grown in Hawaii seems to have the highest caffeine concentration and the coffee grown in Nigeria seems to have the best flavor. Many plants also have high caffeine content, notably tea, Cocoa and Kola.

to get the best home coffee the best way is to buy whole green beans and roast and grind them fresh daily. The next best is to buy whole roasted beans and grind them as needed, preferbly immediatly before brewing. Ground coffee does loose it's aroma very fast.

If you buy ground coffee in bulk it is best to freeze it and take it out as needed.

Instant coffee is a passable solution for us lazy folks. Most brands can be counted on to be consistent in flavor from year to year. It has a long shelf life and is easy.
My mum loves locally produced coffee... while my sister loves those Starbuck, coffee bean etc....

I never seen any coffee plantations in Malaysia as it's grown individually by the farmers (like several trees per home)...

Every week, my mum will buy coffee from a farmer who roasts the coffee beans and grinds those beans on the spot in the weekly nightmarket at my hometown...

My mum fasts on Mondays and Thursdays, and she always break her fast with black coffee... My dad, like me hates coffee... and when visiting relatives that serve coffee, he would decline to drink it politely and ask for a glass of plain water...

He, like most Penangites prefer to drink tea with milk....

Tilmeez
11-20-2007, 11:00 AM
3rd of my kind as i also opened the thread to see some thing related to SCJP (Sun Certified Java Professional) but here i had to drink (i mean read) alot about Coffee...

Nabooly
11-21-2007, 04:23 AM
I loooove Nescafe! And starbucks. Theyre soo great!

Bas everyonce and a while ill go for the amazing Arabic coffee!!! Love it!

جوري
11-21-2007, 04:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha
I love coffee and cappuccino! But i drink tea much more.
Aaah whats better then a mug of...

Worse still my frothing mug broke! I'm going to try your Mocha frappuccino when i get choc syrup, sis Ambrosia!
lol shokran ukhty but now I am more interested in your frothing mug..I have a large coffee maker which is not dainty at all :raging: I don't know why the thought of it sent me into a raging fit now?.. eh I am feeling a little moody

;D it happens to me sometimes but I digress... I have been looking for something for just one (me) I don't think I have come across this frothing mug.. is this a European things? Although from the looks of it, it aint very sturdy is it?

Nabooly
11-21-2007, 04:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
lol shokran ukhty but now I am more interested in your frothing mug..I have a large coffee maker which is not dainty at all :raging: I don't know why the thought of it sent me into a raging fit now?.. eh I am feeling a little moody http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/traurig/g030.gif http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/traurig/d035.gif
;D it happens to me sometimes but I digress... I have been looking for something for just one (me) I don't think I have come across this frothing mug.. is this a European things? Although from the looks of it, it aint very sturdy is it? http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/nahrung/c050.gif

To be honest, it looks cheap. Just like most "AS seen on TV" things are :happy:

جوري
11-21-2007, 04:38 AM
has anyone tried senso?

actually thinking of getting that next.. unless someone recommends better?

جوري
11-21-2007, 04:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabooly
Yes the fact that it broke down already should have been the give away lol...

I was in a hotel two weeks ago where they had the nicest coffee maker, wish I could have just made out with it. you put two pods and it made perfect to go cup..and it was really small, super speedy and it tasted great...in retrospect for the price we paid for that hotel, I really should have made out with it ;D

syilla
11-21-2007, 09:16 AM
you should try malaysia made teh tarik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPuIybnQemc
:D

جوري
11-21-2007, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
you should try malaysia made teh tarik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPuIybnQemc
:D
:haha: that is awesome.. I love the far east it so exotic.. and everyone seems really warm and wonderful..
Jazaki Allah khyran

~Taalibah~
11-21-2007, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabooly
:sl:
lol, it is cheap and that was my second one! But it does make the coffee taste delicious! :w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.