/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suicide bomber kills Iraqi children

Joe98
11-19-2007, 12:12 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071118/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

BAGHDAD - A suicide bomber detonated his explosives as American soldiers were handing out toys to children northeast of Baghdad on Sunday, killing at least three children and three of the troopers, U.S. and Iraqi authorities said.

Seven children were wounded in the attack in Baqouba, where U.S. soldiers wrested control from al-Qaida in Iraq last summer.

The attack, along with a series of other blasts in the capital and to the north, underlined the uncertainty of security in Iraq even as the American military said overall violence is down 55 percent since a troop buildup began this year.

Police said the attack occurred as U.S. soldiers were handing out toys, sports equipment and other treats in a playground near Baqouba, 35 miles northeast of Baghdad.

Few details were available, but the U.S. military said it was a "suicide vest attack" and that three American soldiers were killed.

Rasoul Issam, 16, said he and his friends were playing soccer when the U.S. soldiers called to them from their vehicles to come get gifts.

"We ran toward them and I caught a ball when suddenly an explosion took place about 20 meters (yards) from us," Issam said from his hospital bed in Baqouba.

Mohammed Sabah, 11, was hit by shrapnel in his hand and chest.

"The soldiers gave me pens and I thanked them. After this the explosion took place and I was hit by shrapnel," he said. "The second thing I remember is being in the hospital."

The deaths raised to at least 3,870 members of the U.S. military who have died since the Iraq war started in March 2003, according to an Associated Press count.

The military cast blame on al-Qaida in Iraq.

"This is another example of how AQI cares nothing about the Iraqi people. They will kill children to meet their goals," said Maj. Peggy Kageleiry, a spokeswoman for U.S. forces in northern Iraq.

Iraqi children frequently converge on American troops who usually carry soccer balls and stuffed animals crammed in their armored vehicles as they seek to garner good will.

In July 2005, a suicide car bomber sped up to American soldiers distributing candy to children July 2005 and detonated his explosives, killing up to 27 people, including a dozen children and a U.S. soldier.

That occurred about nine months after 35 Iraqi children were killed in a string of bombs that exploded as American troops were handing out candy at a government-sponsored celebration to inaugurate a sewage plant in west Baghdad.

#########################################

What can be done to stop the murduring suicide bombers?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jayda
11-19-2007, 02:06 PM
hola,

children killing children...

gracias, this is a good question. i think from my perspective this is difficult because i do not believe in violence or warfare... and while it is easy for me to send letters to congressmen, join organizations that protest the war or do other things to talk to the government there is nothing like that to talk to the terrorist groups in iraq about stopping the war.

but i do still believe dialogue is the key to everything. people are not animals, and even though they can be programmed with hatred they should not be abandoned to it. i think at some fundamental level there will always be a way to reach somebody and stop them from killing.

there are countless groups in iraq but if i am not mistaken they have a loose confederation in the form of what they call a 'shura council.' so perhaps it is possible for people to talk to the shura council, or better still for the united states and iraqi governments to talk to this shura council.

i think in many cases these people are motivated by a desire to have elements of islam preserved in how iraq is governed... laws about modesty and criminal codes for example. it would make sense to me to allow them to preserve elements of their religion in their country's government... so there is the ability to barter and make concessions there. there are, of course, other tools and points that can be worked out in dialogue.

not everybody will respond to dialogue though... perhaps terrorism cannot be completely eliminated (peacefully or through warfare), in which case it is best to do whatever we can to strike at the elements and support for terrorism. i think through education, giving people a brighter alternative for a future and doing what we can to strengthen family and community ties between people, it will be far more difficult for people to be indoctrinated or sucked in by terrorist groups. i think that in this respect terrorist groups are like gangs, preying on young people, hopeless people or ignorant people, or just people who have been tricked by others who have abused the trust given to them.

just like how schools, family and moral courage are effective tools in the fight to keep children away from gangs, i think these things are the effective tools in fighting the spread of terrorist organizations. preying on young people i think is one of the key elements of terrorism... they do this in the same fashion as child armies in africa. one of the saddest things about the 9/11 hijackings is how young the hijackers were. when you see their videos on the internet talking about what has been indoctrinated into them they look like children

this person was only 21 years old and 19 when he was first approached.

many were in their mid to late twenties, and were just starting to have families and begin successful careers. in these instances i do not think the terrorist organizations exploited their hardships but instead indoctrinated them by abusing the positions of trust they held. better community ties i think especially with regards to religious leaders could help this kind of situation. just like how it was the Catholic lay that exposed the abuse scandals and pastor Haggarty's church who exposed his sins, communities have an investment (their children especially) in their leaders and they can choose to remove those leaders when they abuse the trust given to them.

i do not have a cure of terrorism but i think some of these issues i mentioned are important to think about... and some of the things i suggest could work just as well if not better as any war. at the fundamental level terrorism, like war, is about pain... it is born out of pain and it exists to inflict it. fighting with weapons and warfare only adds fuel to the fire, which is why we should seek alternative measures, have patience and be quick to forgive.

que Dios te bendiga

Cognescenti
11-19-2007, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
What can be done to stop the murduring suicide bombers?[/I][/B]
Kill them before they get dressed in the morning.

or

Turn off the tap from the supply source. Someone is putting these ideas in their heads.

nevesirth
11-19-2007, 04:09 PM
what can also be done to stop the murdering u.s soldiers?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
11-19-2007, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
Kill them before they get dressed in the morning.

or

Turn off the tap from the supply source. Someone is putting these ideas in their heads.
I agree with Cognescenti on this to some extent. In the sense that the last part is the better choice. Now in order to impliment that the first question that needs to be answered is who or what is the source. In order to find that a few key questions need to be answered.

Who is suffering the greatest lose because of suicide bombers?

Most likely that the one suffering the most, would not be the source.

Who is gaining the most because of the suicide bombers?
I suspect that if we find that we will find the source.

Before you ask, I do not know enough to even attempt a guess as to the answer for the second question.

But for the first question I believe those who are suffering the most as a result are:

The people of Iraq and all Muslims world wide.

islamirama
11-19-2007, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nevesirth
You mean like these ones?

Many of the children who died in Afghanistan's worst-ever suicide attack were actually shot dead by bodyguards who fired indiscriminately into the crowd after the blast, a UN report said.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/afghanista...213549,00.html

aamirsaab
11-19-2007, 04:25 PM
:sl:
I've said it before and I'll say it again:
Whoever kills a child is a complete sicko - intention is meaningless.

I don't have a solution to the problem unfortunately. I can however pray for the victims.

Woodrow
11-19-2007, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama

Many of the children who died in Afghanistan's worst-ever suicide attack were actually shot dead by bodyguards who fired indiscriminately into the crowd after the blast, a UN report said.

The question that needs to be answered is "Who were the bodyguards?" reading the article no military was involved.Body Guards are normally privately hired people.

Umm Hurairah
11-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

Subhan Allah how terrible...think about how their families must be feeling...that is, if they're still alive...Subhan Allah.

".. if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people..."

5:32

May Allah give us all hadayat. Ameen.

May Allah keep us all on the straight path. Ameen.

May Allah either destroy the enemies of Islam, or guide them all. Ameen.

May Allah grant the innocent Janat-ul-Fidos. Ameen.

May Allah save the innocent from the punishment of the grave. Ameen.

May Allah give the innocents' loved ones sabr. Ameen.

Hashim_507
11-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Suicide bombimg is haram(unislamic).

mujahideenryder
11-19-2007, 05:07 PM
fighting them instead of iraqis

Liono
11-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Stop hiding behind civilians and man up?

wilberhum
11-19-2007, 07:16 PM

Typical, let us not condemn evil, lets just point out another evil, like that is some how justification.

islamirama
11-19-2007, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Typical, let us not condemn evil, lets just point out another evil, like that is some how justification.
so what are you doing to condemn the evil and atrocities of the occupiers?

Liono
11-19-2007, 08:14 PM
I buy Regular unleaded gasoline instead of Premium. I hope that teaches the occupiers Insallah!

MTAFFI
11-19-2007, 08:22 PM
who have they murdered in Iraq lately?

wilberhum
11-19-2007, 08:23 PM
I don't only look at the wrong done by those who are not of my religion.
I don't ignore the wrong done by those that are of my religion.

I don't curse the country that house me and makes a good life possible.

I don't clame that every one who folllows my religion :skeleton::skeleton::skeleton:

I just remembered, I don't have a religion. :giggling::giggling::giggling::giggling:

Wow, there for a moment I thought I might have to go kill someone for god.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.