/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hindu Girl Wants To Memorise Qur'an

'Abd al-Baari
11-19-2007, 03:33 PM
:sl:

Subhanallah! We often hear many Muslim girls & boys saying it is too hard :hmm:

Hope this is in the right section, please could a mod move it if it isn't.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Zaara
11-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Aleykum selam,

What can I say? MashaAllah.

It has never occured my mind that a non-Muslim might want to memorize the Qu'ran, read yes, but memorize? I'm very impressed, and as a Muslim very happy that a non-Muslim finds passion to read a Muslim's favourite book.

I've never thought about memorizing the Bible. Though that might me difficult, as there are so many different copies of it.

May Allah reward young Hemlata, her father Dilip Kumar Coudhary and mother Urmila Devi, guide and protect them from bad, inshaAllah.

Selam aleykum

shible
11-19-2007, 04:14 PM
Masha Allah that's what i call as a news.

Bro great work done........

mujahideenryder
11-19-2007, 05:19 PM
If she reads the Qur'an, that would technically make her a Muslim because she would be declaring there is nothing worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad (s) is his messenger.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamirama
11-19-2007, 05:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mujahideenryder
If she reads the Qur'an, that would technically make her a Muslim because she would be declaring there is nothing worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad (s) is his messenger.
Not really, she has to declare the shahada from the Heart. Many out there read the Quran also but they are not Muslim. Few years back i read of a Muslim who memorized the veda cuz his hindu empoyer (i think) was super nice to him and helped raise him.

mujahideenryder
11-19-2007, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Not really, she has to declare the shahada from the Heart. Many out there read the Quran also but they are not Muslim. Few years back i read of a Muslim who memorized the veda cuz his hindu empoyer (i think) was super nice to him and helped raise him.
From a sharia point a view anyone who says it verbally is a Muslim and no on can judge a persons heart except Allah.

'Abd al-Baari
11-19-2007, 06:13 PM

Whatever her intention, May Allah reward her for her efforts :)

If anyone has a real desire to be a Muslim and has full conviction and strong belief that Islam is the true religion of God, then, all one needs to do is pronounce the “Shahaada”, the testimony of faith, without further delay. The “Shahaada” is the first and most important of the five pillars of Islam.With the pronunciation of this testimony, or “Shahaada”, with sincere belief and conviction, one enters the fold of Islam.

Source

islamirama
11-19-2007, 06:29 PM
From a sharia point a view anyone who says it verbally is a Muslim and no on can judge a persons heart except Allah.
From shar'iah point of view, you have to declare the shahadah out loud regardless of you being able to read the Quran or not.

~Taalibah~
11-19-2007, 09:14 PM
This is interesting but is it really good? I ask this because she is handling the Quraan Shareef but doesnt have wudhu and may be naa-paak. In regards to her being Muslim or not, all children are considered Muslims until they become baaligh. So with her being 9 i think that maybe she is still a child.
Allah knows best.

'Abd al-Baari
11-19-2007, 09:18 PM

Oops i've just realised that i put 'Religion' instead of 'Quran' in the thread title :-[

Please do forgive me, and if by chance a mod sees this, please could they change it, Jazakallah Khair

I see it has been changed, Jazakallah Khair to whoever changed it :)

I would rep you but i don't know who you are..

Pk_#2
11-19-2007, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by <Abdullah>

Oops i've just realised that i put 'Religion' instead of 'Quran' in the thread title :-[

Please do forgive me, and if by chance a mod sees this, please could they change it, Jazakallah Khair

I see it has been changed, Jazakallah Khair to whoever changed it :)

I would rep you but i don't know who you are..
I knew it! It sounded dodgy, that's why i dint read it...LOL

Dodgy people

Dodgy things

And now dodgy titles, astaghfirullah what is the world coming to.

About the girl, bleshhh shes like another snakey just not ON the forum.

S_87
11-19-2007, 10:45 PM

umm she is an unclean mushrika she cant touch the Quran.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-19-2007, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

wa alaikum ussalaam wa rahmatullaah

quick post a daleel with that before people start attacking you :----X

but mashaAllaah, reps for remembering your islaam so well

Malaikah
11-19-2007, 11:27 PM

She only needs to make ghusl or wudu doesn't she? Didn't 'Umar touch the Quran before he was Muslim? His sister only insisted that he make wudu before she let him touch her copy.

At any rate, she is only a 9 year old child!

The article does not say that she ever called herself a Muslim. Reading the Quran is not the same as declaring the shahaada.

Muslim Knight
11-20-2007, 12:56 AM
I'm sure there were many Oriental scholars who studied the Quran or even enemies of Islam studying the Quran just for the sake of refuting it, that don't make them Muslims.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-20-2007, 01:11 AM

errm.....because she still is of non-baaligh age, is she still considered a musrika:? right?
in other words, the child is not yet baaligh, so no matter what sin she commits, shes not held acountable, right? thats what i always thought. is their other scholary opinions?

IbnAbdulHakim
11-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaah

i was listening to peace TV today and the sheikh was saying that the Quran is for everyone to read, and he recited the ayyat about withholding the Quran, i forget which ayyat.

im confused now?!

Ummu Sufyaan
11-20-2007, 10:40 AM
is it in surat al-waaqiyah: "laa ya massohoo illal-mutahhroon"?

IbnAbdulHakim
11-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah

Translate it inshaAllaah?!

Ummu Sufyaan
11-20-2007, 10:50 AM
YUSUFALI: Which none shall touch but those who are clean:
PICKTHAL: Which none toucheth save the purified,
SHAKIR: None shall touch it save the purified ones.

north_malaysian
11-20-2007, 10:59 AM
I hope she managed to memorise it and understand it and be a Muslima...

IbnAbdulHakim
11-20-2007, 11:09 AM

the sheikh on peace TV didnt recite that ayyat, however check this out:

TAFSEER SURAH WAAQI'AH VERSE 79:

Ibn Jarir narrated that Isma`il bin Musa said that Sharik reported from Hakim, that is Ibn Jubayr, from Sa`id bin Jubayr, from Ibn `Abbas that about:

[لاَّ يَمَسُّهُ إِلاَّ الْمُطَهَّرُونَ ]

(Which none touches but the pure ones.) he said, "The Book that is in heaven.'' Al-`Awfi reported from Ibn `Abbas about:

(Which none touches but the pure ones.) that `the pure ones' means: "The angels.''
Similar was said by Anas, Mujahid, `Ikrimah, Sa`id bin Jubayr, Ad-Dahhak, Abu Ash-Sha`tha' Jabir bin Zayd, Abu Nahik, As-Suddi, `Abdur-Rahman bin Zayd bin Aslam and others. Ibn Jarir narrated that Ibn `Abdul-A`la said that Ibn Thawr said that Ma`mar said from Qatadah about:

(Which none touches but the pure ones.) that he said, "None can touch it, with Allah, except the pure ones. However, in this life, the impure Zoroastrian and the filthy hypocrite touch it.'' And he said, "In the recitation of Ibn Mas`ud it is: (مَا يَمَسُّهُ إِلَّا الْمُطَهَّرُونَ) (It is not touched, except by the pure ones.) Abu Al-`Aliyah said:

(Which none touches but the pure ones.) "It does not refer to you, because you are sinners!'' Ibn Zayd said, "The Quraysh disbelievers claimed that the devils brought down the Qur'an. Allah the Exalted stated that only the pure ones touch the Qur'an, as He said:

[وَمَا تَنَزَّلَتْ بِهِ الشَّيَـطِينُ - وَمَا يَنبَغِى لَهُمْ وَمَا يَسْتَطِيعُونَ - إِنَّهُمْ عَنِ السَّمْعِ لَمَعْزُولُونَ ]

(And it is not the Shayatin who have brought it down. Neither would it suit them nor they can (produce it). Verily, they have been removed far from hearing it.)(26:210-212)'' This saying is a good saying, and does not contradict those before it.

i think the ayyah is referring to the angels, not the humans, humans can touch the mushaf as the Quran is uncreated inshaAllaah !

i hope that makes sense

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah

Ummu Sufyaan
11-20-2007, 11:17 AM
jazakallahu khair.
However, in this life, the impure Zoroastrian and the filthy hypocrite touch it.
humans can touch the mushaf as the Quran is uncreated inshaAllaah !
however, does the first quote give them permisson to, or is it something they do anyway?

IbnAbdulHakim
11-20-2007, 11:19 AM

i feel as though i know the answer, but inshaAllaah lets allow someone more knowledgable to answer

Ummu Sufyaan
11-20-2007, 11:21 AM
fair enough.

Muhammad
11-20-2007, 01:58 PM

The tafseer quoted above would require deeper study, because many scholars have said that touching the Qur'an without wudhoo' is impermissible. It has also been mentioned that there are two views regarding the meaning of the verse in Sooratul Waaq'iah, and that even if it refers to the angels, then it also applies to humans because we should follow by example.

So please look into the matter before arriving at your conclusion Insha'Allaah. Here is something from Islamqa:
http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=70403&ln=eng

islamirama
11-20-2007, 03:55 PM
She is studying the Quran from a Muslim cleric at a Muslim school. As the picture shows, she even has a scarf on her head. It would be suffice to assume he would have taught her wudu before handling the Quran.

Malaikah
11-21-2007, 12:14 AM

^Yeh, but some people are suggesting non-Muslims can't touch the Quran at all!

InToTheRain
11-21-2007, 12:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

^Yeh, but some people are suggesting non-Muslims can't touch the Quran at all!
Umar Al-Khattab(RA) read the Qur'an before he declared Shahadah. But he did Whudhu so I think whoever is saying that they can't touch it because they are not Muslim is wrong.

Allahu Allom

:w:

S_87
11-21-2007, 10:49 PM

sorry for the delay
heres a couple of things regarding what i said:
http://www.qurancomplex.org/qfatwa/d...eng&ps=subFtwa

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=12225&ln=eng&txt=9:28

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.