/* */

PDA

View Full Version : jealous family

Ambish
11-19-2007, 05:33 PM
I don't know where this would fit in so sorry if its in the wrong place or forum. I just want to pour my heart out a little to fellow muslims who may understand. The problem is my parents and brothers. I am the eldest child maarried with children both my brothers are younger than me and married too. The thing bothering me is my parents and brothers being too materialistic and into money. So much so that they feel threatened by my hubby and it seems that its almost like a competition (on their part) to see who is wealthier. No-one ever says anything about what we earn etc.. its hard to expalin but i know that they are jealous when we do well or have bought something expensive.

If i ask my brothers for advice befoe making a purchase for things like a car tv etc.. i don't get honest advice. You may say well don't ask i don't ask anymore, but it hurts that they do this. I am their sister they should be happy to see me happy with m hubby and be happy if we are successful, instead they are jealous. I won't say anything to them about this but i don't know how to cope it upsets me.

Sadly,I no longer share our achievements with them, why do they do this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
H4RUN
11-19-2007, 05:58 PM
:sl:

I think in a way youve asked the question and answered it..But i would like to put it as jealousy, rather, they may just envy you, for what you have, and for what you've achieved, and for who you are. Consequently they MAY not want you to exceed furter so to speak until they themselves have caught up to 'your level'.

Again, i say 'may'....other than that what i can say s, May Allah swt guide them to what is best for them and you and everyone around them, ameen:)
:w:

Umm Hurairah
11-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

Subhan Allah...

Ignore them and make duaa whenever possible Insha Allah.

Prophet Muhammad (SA) said:

*~ "Jealousy destroys the good deeds like how the fire burns wood." ~*

Prophet Zakariyya (AS) mentioned that Allah Ta'ala says:

"Jealousy is the enemy of my bounty, that a person is displeased upon anything which I have given to someone." ~*

Prophet Muhammad (SA) said:

*~ "Jealousy is the work of the hypocrites" ~*

This world is nothing.

*~ "And this life of the world is only amusement and play! Verily, the home of the Hereafter, that is the life indeed (i.e. the eternal life that will never end), if they but knew." ~*
29:64
Have patience.

*~ "And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sâbirin (the patient ones, etc.)." ~*
2:155

islamirama
11-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Start reciting ayatul kursi and sura ikhlas, nas and falaq thrice after each salaah to seek protection against their evil eye.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ambish
11-19-2007, 08:03 PM
[QUOTE=H4RUN;861805]:sl:

I think in a way youve asked the question and answered it..But i would like to put it as jealousy, rather, they may just envy you, for what you have, and for what you've achieved, and for who you are. Consequently they MAY not want you to exceed furter so to speak until they themselves have caught up to 'your level'.

Again, i say 'may'....other than that what i can say s, May Allah swt guide them to what is best for them and you and everyone around them, ameen:)
:w:[/QUOT
No- one has to catch up with anyone, if thats the case then it should be me cos they are definatley more well off my brothers just picked up from where my father left off. I think they are afraid i may catch up to them. It really makes me so sad i can't share my joys with my own family. I already read the duas mentioned but will do habitually from now on. Thank you all for reading and advicing i pray to Allah that they snap out of this, it doesnt seem likely but it will make me feel beter to pray.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.