/* */

PDA

View Full Version : in need of guidence

mohammed_seth
11-20-2007, 01:19 AM
assallam walaykum to all brothers and sisters

im new to site iv had the worst week of my life infact for the past year nothing has been going 2 well

in 2006 i made a choice 2 stop my ways and get into the path of right.
i relised that i was not a true muslim but a muslim by name (munafiq) i was doing well doing my prayers reading the quran etc.

i could see things in my life changeing, the depression i was in was slowly fadeing.

over time i started 2 slack i was giving into temptation my prayers were not being prayed and eventully i stoped:cry:

this week that has just past has been the worst 2day i relised that i was lacking dean and the only answer i have is allah and the prophet (saw)

my fear is the shaytaan will get in my way of my wanting 2 com allah

i want your advice to what i can do and be someone worthy to be called a musalman

the other issue i have is i have girl in my life she 2 is in the same situation we both inshallah want to pursue life together even she has been in the same way

today she had made the decsion 2 leave as she wanted some1 who is muslim on the path of dean and i was bringing her away from that

we both are not catogrised as "boyfriend and girlfriend" we are both awaiting to get married and we have done our best to keep this relationship halal

i had been thinking what i can do 2 be on the path and grow my imam and keep it that way

i hope i havent been talking to much but this is just the only way i can describe my problem i hope all brothers and sisters will aid me

sallam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Grace Seeker
11-22-2007, 02:59 AM
One of the prophets in the Tanakh answered your question this way:

He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
What are you doing to walk humbly with God?

As far as your fears of shaytaan, I once again turn to the Tanakh, this time the words of Prophet David:
Psalm 23
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.
I have a feeling that if you're truly walking with God, that Shaytaan isn't going to want to mess with your protector. But if you're pretending to walk with God, and really just fooling yourself, then it will be much more easy for Shaytaan to attack you.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-22-2007, 10:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed_seth
assallam walaykum to all brothers and sisters

im new to site iv had the worst week of my life infact for the past year nothing has been going 2 well

in 2006 i made a choice 2 stop my ways and get into the path of right.
i relised that i was not a true muslim but a muslim by name (munafiq) i was doing well doing my prayers reading the quran etc.

i could see things in my life changeing, the depression i was in was slowly fadeing.

over time i started 2 slack i was giving into temptation my prayers were not being prayed and eventully i stoped:cry:

this week that has just past has been the worst 2day i relised that i was lacking dean and the only answer i have is allah and the prophet (saw)

i want your advice to what i can do and be someone worthy to be called a musalman

sallam
:sl:
in need of guidence
we all are....
brother, the only thing i can advice you, is to be consistant in your prayers. no matter what comes up, remain streadfast with performing them.
well, i consider that as a very good day. you woke up, brother. thats important.
brother, take it as it comes. no one is asking you follow him. if you had a human enemy who asked and encouraged you to kill someone for example, would you listen to him? they're just prompts, nothing more. you dont have to listen.
i dont know if that helps.:hmm:

IbnAbdulHakim
11-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaah

attend every prayer you can in a masjid, and sit in the company of the pious inshaAllaah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jayda
11-22-2007, 03:19 PM
hola,

you are bipolar, not seriously like biplar i or ii, probably cyclothymic. the way you talk about being depressed and backing down and then recommitting but you only recognize it in retrospect is cyclothymia. you don't recognize the recommitment as a manic upturn though since you think of it as your 'normal self' and a return to normal. if you think about it you probably have a parent who is like this... talk to a psychologist about that.

i think once you start addressing that you can realistically address your religious situation, allowing yourself to set goals, take steps to meet them and not allow yourself to stumble in the pursuit of it.

as for the girl, you know what you want be confident and strong and ask her to marry you. she is probably backing away from you not because she is afraid you will fail as a muslim, but rather because you have been doing a lot of talk about marriage or you have become more serious but you keep backing off or simply not taking the next step and asking her.

i think it would be wise for you to support each other in getting to where you want to be as muslims.

goodluck!
que Dios te bendiga

*~Sofia~*
11-22-2007, 04:01 PM
:sl: brother,

I hope u are in the best of health and imaan inshallah.

The other members have given you some good advice; just keep steadfast in ur prayer and always be in the company of good.

Make du'a to Allah(swt) to guide you and protect you from the evils of shaytan.

You are facing some difficulties at the moment but remember Allah (swt) words when he says: surely with every hardship there is relief.

I guess you are being tested, and u just have to pass it. Remeber Allah is with you at all times. Hold strong to the rope of Allah and you'll be fine inshallah.

Allah also says:

'but whosever turns away from my reminder verily, for him is a life of hardship' (20:124)

So the only way that ur troubles will dissapear is turn to Allah (swt) brother, He is always there for you.. whenever you need him, just call unto him.
Have faith in Allah (swt). Allah (swt) says:

'Whoever works righteousness, male or female, while he is a true believer, verily, to him We will give a good life, in this world and the next. And we shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (ie: paradise) (16:97)
Allah (swt) says:

'Therefore remember Me, and I will remember you..' (2:152)

'O you who believe! seek help in patience and the prayer'. (2:153)

'And put your trust in Allah if you are believers'. (5:23)

I hope this helps brother.. You are in my du'as inshallah

W'salam

noorahmad
11-22-2007, 07:39 PM
assalam walaikum,
be steadfast in swalaat brother
Sahih Bukhari(book of prayer times)No. 507 - Narrated Abu Huraira:
I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "If there was a river at the door of anyone of you and he took a bath in it five times a day would you notice any dirt on him?" They said, "Not a trace of dirt would be left." The Prophet added, "That is the example of the five prayers with which Allah blots out (annuls) evil deeds."

so please pray brother
be steadfast, swalaat is a pillar of islam, to be reaaly a muslim, u need to at least try to accomplish ur 5 swalaat.
Ask the girl to give you a delay, tell her that u r trying to change!!!
But please, change for Allah, not for the girl.
may allah help you!!! have faith

aadil77
11-22-2007, 08:11 PM
nice hadith bro^,
Bro atleast ur back on track, now all you need to do is maintain praying salaah, after that you'll be in the habit of praying:thumbs_up, and if you ever try missing one! .....you'll feel guilty:D so you'll end up praying anyway ;D

Keep it up bro

mohammed_seth
11-23-2007, 12:34 AM
sallam to all and jazakallah for your advice iv been looking around and reading up on other peoples advice.

i know see that im being tested and i was doing poorly i let shaytaan keep me from the prayers but no more inshallah and
haveing good company is something i need around me.

but 1 thing i wna know is from others is how to resist temptataion....

syilla
11-23-2007, 01:54 AM
:salamext:

To resist your temptation is by taking care of your eeman.

Even small deeds can help in preserving your eeman. Don't corrupt your eeman by sinning even the small sins.

Take care of your eyes (gaze), hands, mouths and etc.

Be mindful of Allah :arabic2: and be positive.

It'll be hard but the efforts will be rewarded InshaAllah.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-23-2007, 03:08 AM

sounds esaier than done, but stay away from it, and anything that you may feel will cause you to give in to temptation.
of cource you are always going to faced with something difficult, everybody does, take it as it comes, and be strong. sis syilla also raises a good point.
keep yourself busy with useful activities,find good friends, and do good things together. go to the weekend darus together, for example, or even play sport.

Grace Seeker
11-25-2007, 08:12 AM
That which your heart loves most is that which it will most easily follow. You don't resist temptation directly, because that is when it is most temtping. Rather you give yourself over so fully to God (Allah) that you desire nothing more than him. When you truly want in your life what God wants for you more than anything else there is nothing left for Shaytaan to tempt you with.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!