/* */

PDA

View Full Version : “The Beauty of Obedience”: Rays of Light from Surah Yusuf

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-20-2007, 04:26 AM
:sl:

From Imam Suhaib Webb's blog.

Asalamu alaykum,

Dr. Salah al-Zaidan is currently my teacher in Usol al-Fiqh. Since we are studying a classic text, the Minhaj of al-Baydawi and the class is two hours long, the sheikh likes to take breaks in between heavier points and give us small reminders about Allah and the Hereafter.

Today, during one of our breaks, he told us the following story :

“When I was a young boy I used to wear the Azhari dress with the red hat and all. I used to walk the streets of Mansorah following my father around in that dress mashallah. Once I was walking behind my father in my Azhari dress and some girls started to flirt with me! I was shocked and couldn’t believe that they would be trying to flirt with a JR. Sheikh! I told my father and he responded by saying, “That is the beauty of Ta’ah [the light that Allah blesses those who serve Him with].”

You know young brothers that is the truth. There are two types of beauty, the false one and the one related to serving Allah. Thus, when one worships Allah, serves Him with a pure heart and struggles against his soul, Allah beautifies that person with His light .

An Amazing Lesson from Sura Yusuf :

For that reason, young brothers, when Yusuf, after all the tests he went through was presented in front of that group of women they said what? What did they say? They said, “This is not a man! This is a noble Angel!” Allah….Allah do you know why? Because after going through those tests, fighting his soul and worshiping Allah he drew closer to Allah. Thus, his nature moved from that of a lowly human state to that of the angels! Thus, his beauty was not like that of a lowly model, singer or start. His beauty was like that of those who worship Allah day and night. Think about this ya awlad yarhamakumulllah.”

Hassan al-Basri was asked, “Why are those people who pray the night prayer so beautiful?” He responded, “Because Allah beautifies them with His light while others are sleeping in the dark.”

I’m not doing a service to the beauty of Sh. Salah’s words. However, it was really a special moment and one that, I hope, I will remember for many years to come. May Allah preserve Sh. Salah, bless him and raise his ranks.

Akhukum Suhaib

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
12-26-2007, 03:45 AM
*bump :)

There are two types of beauty, the false one and the one related to serving Allah. Thus, when one worships Allah, serves Him with a pure heart and struggles against his soul, Allah beautifies that person with His light .

adeeb
12-28-2007, 09:55 AM
so true.. the light from Allah, to whom obey quran and sunnah...

the night prayer, really hard for hypocrites, but easy for muttaqiin...

May Allah make us easy to obey Him, and also do the night prayer...

*WhisSPeR...*
12-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Wallah that was amazing..such a beautiful post Mashallah..

deep things, jazzakuallah khhairun!!:D:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
12-28-2007, 01:44 PM
:salamext:

Hassan al-Basri was asked, “Why are those people who pray the night prayer so beautiful?” He responded, “Because Allah beautifies them with His light while others are sleeping in the dark.”
Subhaan Allaah...

Silver Pearl
12-29-2007, 02:49 PM
"We live on his earth, breathe the air he has created, yet we do not obey him."

Intisar
12-30-2007, 10:48 PM
:salamext: Beautiful mashaa Allaah, Surah Yusuf is definitely one of my favourites out of the entire Quraan. Barakallahu feek akhi.

ikaj
12-30-2007, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by adeeb
so true.. the light from Allah, to whom obey quran and sunnah...

the night prayer, really hard for hypocrites, but easy for muttaqiin...

May Allah make us easy to obey Him, and also do the night prayer...
What is night prayer? is that isha?

syilla
12-31-2007, 12:44 AM
^^^not the isha' prayer...

the middle of the night prayer, somes do tahajjud. It is a sunnah prayer not an obligatory one. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.