/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reporting Posts

tomtomsmom
11-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Does that button work?????? Is it checked often? I would assume that checking that should be one of the first things mods should do when they sign on. I understand that they want to enjoy the site and read the things they want to read. But it is part of their job to delete offensive posts. What is the point of reporting posts if they are not checked? I think that reporting posts would happen more often, instead of insults on the board, if more action was taken when they are reported.

Also, is there any way that members who report the posts get some type of reply from the mods saying why it wasn't deleted if they chose to ignore the report?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
11-20-2007, 02:59 PM
:sl:

What the report function does:

Sends an email containing the user's complaint about the post to all the moderators in that section.

They are checked often and depending on the circumstance an action is taken; sometimes people like to report posts that actually don't need reporting and sometimes people don't report things that actually do need reporting.

Keep in mind that sometimes it is better to lock the thread completely than to simply just remove certain posts.

Also, is there any way that members who report the posts get some type of reply from the mods saying why it wasn't deleted if they chose to ignore the report
I will now do this for every reported post I get that I do not take action with - basically, I will give an explanation for not taking an action.

tomtomsmom
11-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Thank you brother for your quick reply!

Would it not be easier for the report post to send a pm to the mods instead of an e-mail. That way as soon as they sign in they would see that they have the pm?

aamirsaab
11-20-2007, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
No problem

Would it not be easier for the report post to send a pm to the mods instead of an e-mail. That way as soon as they sign in they would see that they have the pm?
I'll have to speak with one of the red mods (muhammad or -S-) since they are most likely to know if this is at all possible.

It would probably be a better system but as said before I'd have to take it up with the red mods.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
11-20-2007, 03:18 PM

Just speaking for myself I prefer that.

My poor email account gets several hundred emails daily, no I am not exaggerating, it is several hundred (not all from forum members). This past week when I was on vacation it nearly filled my 5 gigs of storage space. I'm still going through them

Just one word of caution, if I reply back, often I have spasms in my hand and I frequently send multiple replies before I can get my finger off the submit button. Also even though I am shown as being online I may be taking a nap, I seem to do that a lot. so, do not expect an immediate reply to any PMs to me, I do try to reply to all as soon as I wake up from my frequent naps.

tomtomsmom
11-20-2007, 03:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Just speaking for myself I prefer that.

My poor email account gets several hundred emails daily, no I am not exaggerating, it is several hundred (not all from forum members). This past week when I was on vacation it nearly filled my 5 gigs of storage space. I'm still going through them

Just one word of caution, if I reply back, often I have spasms in my hand and I frequently send multiple replies before I can get my finger off the submit button. Also even though I am shown as being online I may be taking a nap, I seem to do that a lot. so, do not expect an immediate reply to any PMs to me, I do try to reply to all as soon as I wake up from my frequent naps.

WOW 5 gigs of e-mails!!!! No wonder you have spasms in your hand!!!!:giggling:

I was just thinking that it would make things go a bit smoother. I know there are members that think that the mods simply ignore their requests. If there were some kind of communication that they aren't being ignored there might not be so much hostility! Just a thought.

Woodrow
11-20-2007, 04:17 PM
WOW 5 gigs of e-mails!!!! No wonder you have spasms in your hand!!!!:giggling:

I was just thinking that it would make things go a bit smoother. I know there are members that think that the mods simply ignore their requests. If there were some kind of communication that they aren't being ignored there might not be so much hostility! Just a thought.
I should have mentioned nearly all of that is business related. I've been in the process of trying to start an online business. Hopefully, most of those will eventually be customers.

I agree with you that PMs to us would make it smoother, at least for me it would. Us mods are quite conscientious, however at times we do get involved with real life activities and are not always available. Hopefully the new recruitment appeal for mods will bring some good results and help all of us.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.