/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Effect of Cold Water

ansar.tajudeen
11-20-2007, 05:16 PM
For those who like to drink cold water, this article is applicable to you. It is nice to have a cup of cold drink after a meal. However, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed. It will slow down the digestion. Once this "sludge" reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer. It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal.

A serious note about heart attacks - You should know that not every heart attack symptom is going to be the left arm hurting. Be aware of intense pain in the jaw line.
You may never have the first chest pain during the course of a heart attack. Nausea and intense sweating are also common symptoms. 60% of people who have a heart attack while they are asleep do not wake up. Pain in the jaw can wake you from a sound sleep. Let's be careful and be aware. The more we know the better chance we could survive.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
shible
11-20-2007, 05:21 PM
:sl:

I too read the same some where Bro

And they also mentioned the advantages of drinking hot water.

If possible, I will try to locate it

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
11-20-2007, 05:23 PM
It will slow down the digestion. Once this "sludge" reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer.
...... :|

..:|

Isambard
11-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Source?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
11-20-2007, 09:33 PM
:sl: akhi
where as I find many of the articles you share very helpful and insightful... I'll have to cast this one as urban legend... and I am aware what is circulating on google..I have done a massive search in all the medical journals about this and the only implication at all of either hot or cold water is found in just one about the therapeutic implications of hot water in pts. with esophageal dysmotility disorders...

therapeutic implications is based upon the observation that hot water improves esophageal clearance and decreases the amplitude and duration of esophageal body contractions in patients with motility disorders [32]. The benefit of hot liquids taken with meals was evaluated in an uncontrolled trial that included 48 patients with esophageal motility disorders who were followed for six months; 58 percent noted improvement in symptoms [32].
can be found in the journal of gastrointerology as referenced below
32.*Triadafilopoulos, G, Tsang, HP, Segall, GM. Hot water swallows improve symptoms and accelerate esophageal clearance in esophageal motility disorders. J Clin Gastroenterol 1998; 26:239.

whereas I am not a big fan of Sodas, I don't see much harm in having ice cream or a cold drink every now and then..

Pk_#2
11-20-2007, 09:36 PM
Wait till i tell my mom of you bro! She does love her cold water and if it's not cold enough she will send JJ back LOL

Good advice.

sabah
11-20-2007, 11:29 PM
well its a good job i like to drink coke after a meal lol

snakelegs
11-20-2007, 11:37 PM
i drink ice cold water all day long - summer and winter. with meals. by itself. i drink a good 2 gallons a day. it hasn't hurt me yet.

ranma1/2
11-21-2007, 12:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ansar.tajudeen
For those who like to drink cold water, this article is applicable to you. It is nice to have a cup of cold drink after a meal. However, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed. It will slow down the digestion. Once this "sludge" reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer. It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal.

A serious note about heart attacks - You should know that not every heart attack symptom is going to be the left arm hurting. Be aware of intense pain in the jaw line.
You may never have the first chest pain during the course of a heart attack. Nausea and intense sweating are also common symptoms. 60% of people who have a heart attack while they are asleep do not wake up. Pain in the jaw can wake you from a sound sleep. Let's be careful and be aware. The more we know the better chance we could survive.
got a link to the article?

sabah
11-21-2007, 01:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i drink ice cold water all day long - summer and winter. with meals. by itself. i drink a good 2 gallons a day. it hasn't hurt me yet.
i dont no about that, if its to go by your avasta :D

syilla
11-21-2007, 03:41 AM
:salamext:

ooh...you really make me feel bad.

i just love drinking cold water during the hot day...

*sigh...

anyway jazakallah khayr for the reminder

Nabooly
11-21-2007, 03:58 AM
I have a bottle of italian dressing, which is almost 75% oils, in the fridge and its not sludgey :-/

Thanks anyway for the info :)

Nicro
11-21-2007, 04:03 AM
AHHHH!!! Why does it have to be cold water!

------
11-21-2007, 01:04 PM
:salamext:

Just drink a hot cup of tea after dinner - it helps u sleep :D

~Taalibah~
11-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Good thing i dont like cold water. And definitely not after meals. I heard you should wait abt 10min after you eat before you drink anything... Anyway Jazakallah for sharing bro ansar. Must tell my grandparents this.

SophiaCroft
11-24-2007, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nicro
AHHHH!!! Why does it have to be cold water!
Hahaha! I So felt the same way! It's true though since I also red it in the medical reviews but I can't help it! :yawn:

H4RUN
11-25-2007, 10:17 PM

Cold water would just not be cold water if it was warm :p

I feel the inside of me getting cold, near shivvering when having cold water...hmmm is that a bit too cold perhaps?:D

sapphire
11-25-2007, 10:22 PM
i like my cold water from the fridge....warm water? id never be able to swallow it plain. :X

Noor 13
11-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Salam alaykom
Hmmm I don't know where you got this article from but I kinda doubt it a little bit. I mean it is a bit harsh to say if you drink cold water you will be ending up having cancer.
Where is the source from. Did you get it from a good (high impact) medical journal or just from some article somewhere from the www?
Sorry but I jut don't agree with this
Don't get me wrong

Re.TiReD
11-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Noooooooo :heated: please no! i love cold water, I cannot live without it (ok thats a lie :D) but i cant drink it warm, at meal times my mum doesnt let me fill the jug myself as she knows I'll bring in cold, so she does it herself, and she knows I'm too lazy to get up in the middle of my meal to go get cold water... :grumbling lol but yeah...when I go 'back home' they all take the mick when I say the waters not cold...I think they must think it is when its really not! BAHH! either that or the water I drink is tooo cold? aaaah

HunterMan
11-28-2007, 09:47 AM

I believe in having a bowl of soup with a meal which via its hydrophilic colloids and perhaps gelatin greatly aid in digestion. Drinking too much liquid during a meal may dilute your stomachs acid but I doubt that it will turn your food into liquid cancer.

As far as I know in traditional Islamic medicine cold water was considered healthy while warm water was avoided as traditional doctors believed it caused health problems, aside from it being unappetizing.

And for those concerned with weight loss I believe a study showed that cold water requires your body to increase its temperature to balance its self out, this results in a higher calorie expenditure and excess weight loss.

Brother ansar.tajudeen if your serious about this then maybe you can produce some studies about it.

Fishman
11-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Most cancer cases are caused by oxygen, smoking or ultraviolet light. Other causes such as radiation and food and chemicals and food are minute...

sadia faisal
11-30-2007, 12:58 PM
AWWW! i love cold water! i'm drinking sum ryt now!! NOT FAIR!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.