/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Somalia: 1 million civilians displaced

AHMED_GUREY
11-20-2007, 05:49 PM
:sl:

MOGADISHU (Reuters) - The number of Somalis uprooted by fighting in their own country has hit a "staggering" one million, with nearly 200,000 streaming out of the capital in the past two weeks alone, the United Nations said on Tuesday.

Up to 600,000 people were thought to have fled Mogadishu since February, when clashes pitting allied Somali-Ethiopian troops against suspected Islamist insurgents started escalating.-Reuters

Somalia Worst Humanitarian Crisis in Africa, U.N. Says

November 20, 2007

By JEFFREY GETTLEMAN

AFGOOYE, Somalia, Nov. 19 — The worst humanitarian crisis in Africa, several United Nations officials said, may not be unfolding in Darfur, but here, along a 20-mile strip of busted-up asphalt.

A year ago, the road between the market town of Afgooye and the capital of Mogadishu was just another typical Somali byway, lined with overgrown cactuses and the occasional bullet-riddled building. Now it is a corridor teeming with misery, with 200,000 recently displaced people crammed into swelling camps that are rapidly running out of food.

Natheefa Ali, who trudged up this road a week ago to escape the blood bath that Mogadishu has turned into, said Monday that her 10-month-old baby was so malnourished she can’t swallow.

“Look,” Ms. Natheefa said, pointing to her daughter’s splotchy legs, “her skin is falling off, too.”

United Nations officials said that Somalia has higher malnutrition rates, more current bloodshed and many fewer aid workers than Darfur, which is often publicized as the world’s most pressing humanitarian crisis and has taken clear priority in terms of getting United Nations-backed peacekeepers.

The relentless urban combat in Mogadishu, between an unpopular transitional government — installed partially with American help — and a determined Islamist insurgency, has driven waves of desperate people up the Afgooye road, where more than 70 camps of twigs and plastic have popped up seemingly overnight.

The people here are hungry, exposed, sick and dying. And the few aid organizations willing to brave a lawless, notoriously dangerous environment cannot keep up with their needs, like providing milk to the thousands of babies with fading heartbeats and bulging eyes.

United Nations officials working on Somalia are trying to draw more attention to the country’s plight, which they feel has fallen into Darfur’s shadow. They have recently organized several trips, including one on Monday, for journalists to see for themselves.

“The situation in Somalia is the worst on the continent,” said Ahmedou Ould-Abdallah, the top United Nations official for Somalia.

“Many of these kids are going to die,” said Eric Laroche, the head of United Nations humanitarian operations in Somalia. “We don’t have the capacity to reach them.”

He added: “If this were happening in Darfur, there would be a big fuss. But Somalia has been a forgotten emergency for years.”

That emergency has included floods, droughts and locusts, as well as suicide and roadside bombs, and near-daily assassinations.

United Nations officials say the recent round of plagues, natural and man-made, coupled with the residual chaos that has consumed Somalia for more than a decade, have put the country on the brink of a famine. In the worst hit areas, like Afgooye, recent surveys indicate the malnutrition rate is 19 percent, compared with about 13 percent in Darfur, with 15 percent being the emergency threshold.

But unlike Darfur, where the suffering is eased by a billion-dollar aid operation and more than 10,000 aid workers, Somalia is still considered mostly a no-go zone. Just last week, two people were shot to death at an aid distribution center in Afgooye. United Nations officials estimate that total emergency aid is less than $200 million, partly because it is so difficult just getting food into the country.

Pirates lurking off the coast of Somalia have attacked more than 20 ships this year, including two carrying United Nations food. The militias that rule the streets — typically teenage gunmen in wraparound shades and flip-flops — have jacked up roadblock taxes to $400 per truck. To make matters worse, the transitional government last month jailed a senior official of the United Nations food program in Somalia, accusing him of being a terrorist, though he was eventually released.

United Nations officials now concede that the country was in better shape during the brief reign of Somalia’s Islamist movement last year. “It was more peaceful,” Mr. Laroche said. “And much easier for us to work. The Islamists didn’t cause us any problems.”

Mr. Ould-Abdallah called those six months, which were essentially the only epoch of peace most Somalis have tasted for years, Somalia’s “golden era.” -NY Times
Well done ''International community''

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
11-22-2007, 05:42 AM
thread approved

al-muslimah
11-22-2007, 05:43 AM
Ina lilahi wa ina ilayhi raji'oon. this saddens me alot and these are my people.
Allahumansurna wa ikhwanana wa ummatina wa mujahideenana.

Dawud_uk
11-23-2007, 05:20 PM
hang on,

where are all the disbelievers that were approving the attacks on the islamic courts last year?

they were so vocal on here before, now silence.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
al-muslimah
11-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Fear has approched them and thus leading to shut theri mouthes. Don't u know the mahakeem are getting stronger again and the AU are complaining and the kuffar are fleeing and dying in the battlefield of Mugdisho, alhamdulillah.

Allahumansur ikhwanana Al-mujahideen fi kuli makan.

Trumble
11-23-2007, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-muslimah
Fear has approched them and thus leading to shut theri mouthes.
Er, right... :okay: Back to the real world...

I'm not sure what point you think is being made, here. If there were no Islamist insurgents there would be no fighting and nobody being displaced anywhere. No fighting, no uprooting. It's the reverse of the situation before when the Islamic Courts controlled Mogadishu, but in both cases it took two to tango. The only solution is to put away the guns, sit down, talk, and come up with a peaceful agreement.

Dawud_uk
11-23-2007, 09:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble

I'm not sure what point you think is being made, here. If there were no Islamist insurgents there would be no fighting and nobody being displaced anywhere. No fighting, no uprooting. It's the reverse of the situation before when the Islamic Courts controlled Mogadishu, but in both cases it took two to tango. The only solution is to put away the guns, sit down, talk, and come up with a peaceful agreement.
wow... that is the real world solution?

al-muslimah
11-24-2007, 01:25 AM
Peace agreement........you're kidding right??

Chechnya
11-24-2007, 01:55 AM

I'm not sure what point you think is being made, here. If there were no Islamist insurgents there would be no fighting and nobody being displaced anywhere. .
let me get this straight...your blaming a people for resisting an invasion of their homeland rather than the invaders for actually launching the invasion

i suppose you supported the invading nazi's in the second world war? :mmokay:

No fighting, no uprooting. It's the reverse of the situation before when the Islamic Courts controlled Mogadishu, but in both cases it took two to tango.
erm no its not - before the islamic courts took over, their was no security - street wars and rival clans fighting were common place - the islaimc courts came in and actually bought some security to the place and had support from the population for what they did - i remember seeing somalis celebrating on eid and saying this was the first eid in years where they could celebrate out on the streets without fear of being killed, harmed or robbed

on the other hand christian ethiopia invaded somalia sijmply because the ones that had bought a bit of security to the country happened to be an islamic group

The only solution is to put away the guns, sit down, talk, and come up with a peaceful agreement.
heres a peaceful solution for ya :

ethiopians p**s off back to ethiopia :omg:

al-muslimah
11-24-2007, 01:59 AM
By Chechnya---heres a peaceful solution for ya :

ethiopians p**s off back to ethiopia--

Yup tell me about.They should be dragged back to Ethiopia.I love our mujahideen.They rock!!

Chechnya
11-24-2007, 02:08 AM

Yup tell me about.They should be dragged back to Ethiopia.I love our mujahideen.They rock!!
inshallah they will be kicked out soon and some sort of peace can resume over somalia

and then they can invade russia :D

al-muslimah
11-24-2007, 02:10 AM
Hahahaha!!

al-muslimah
11-24-2007, 02:13 AM
Russia and Somalia(governments) has a long history beefing with eachother.But mujahideen in both Chechnya and Somalia are friends.All somalians are crazy about Ameer Khattab I don't think none of them didn't watch his jihad videos especially the ones I know.Man Chechnya is so beautiful.Mashallah.

Trumble
11-24-2007, 02:58 AM
Peace agreement........you're kidding right??
No, I'm not kidding. Perhaps you would prefer to watch the Somalis slaughter each other for another twenty years? A small price to pay just to cheer on anyone who calls themselves "muhajadeen", maybe?

Chechnya
11-24-2007, 01:27 PM
No, I'm not kidding. Perhaps you would prefer to watch the Somalis slaughter each other for another twenty years? A small price to pay just to cheer on anyone who calls themselves "muhajadeen", maybe?
i see you ignored my post...to repeat, the only time in the last few years there was ever any peace in somalia was due to the islamic courts - no-one else

so yes we support our brothers who are fighting on the correct path, who have shown they have enormous support amongst the populaion after they came into power last time to rid their land of the ethiopian invaders and the street gangs and bring some peace to the people again inshallah

wilberhum
11-24-2007, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chechnya
i see you ignored my post...to repeat, the only time in the last few years there was ever any peace in somalia was due to the islamic courts - no-one else

so yes we support our brothers who are fighting on the correct path, who have shown they have enormous support amongst the populaion after they came into power last time to rid their land of the ethiopian invaders and the street gangs and bring some peace to the people again inshallah
correct path? I think they strayed off the correct path, if they were ever on it. :hmm:

AHMED_GUREY
11-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Trumble problem is; you have two dictators behind the wheel, who are known to be myopic and stubborn and who don't care about their own people(their trackrecord is evidence of this fact). Somalia never experienced in the whole period of Anarchy (the unfortunate years of civil war 92/3 excl.) the same type of suffering that's being unleashed on them today. A million people didn't flee during Anarchy. When the Islamists tookover remnants of Warlord militia's were still resisting in small pockets of Mogadishu yet a million people didn't flee during that time.

They fled when a so-called ''international recognised'' and ''western-backed'' government entered the city with foreign mercenaries. You have to realize a people (doesn't matter which part of the Globe) will only flee in such 'titanic' numbers when they have been put under so much duress and suffering that it's unbearable. The shelling of residential homes, the torture,rape of civilians by so-called government troops and their foreign allies, investigations have been set in motion that according to some sources classify these acts as ''war crimes'' and that's exactly what they are.

So tell me ,should the French freedom fighters who's people were being humiliated by the Nazi's in collaboration with the fake ''french'' traiterous government have simply held talks with these two entities or was their noble fight a ''just'' fight?

It's quite sinister for people to compare an entity that banned soccer games with an entity that's committing genocide.

Trumble
11-24-2007, 05:58 PM
i see you ignored my post...to repeat, the only time in the last few years there was ever any peace in somalia was due to the islamic courts
Yes, I did. Partially because of your moronic comment regarding the Nazis, but mostly because you are incapable of grasping my point. It is now irrelevant what life was like in the areas controlled by the Islamic Courts as that situation no longer exists. As an aside, there was no 'peace' where the IC were trying to expand that influence where it was not wanted, although obviously it is convenient for you to 'forget' that.

What is relevant is the situation now... and how ever much you may jump up and down shouting "go Muhajadeen!" it or even "Ethiopians go home!" the situation for the ordinary Somalis who just want a quiet life will not change for the better unless people put down their guns and sit down and talk.

Chechnya
11-24-2007, 06:18 PM
Yes, I did. Partially because of your moronic comment regarding the Nazis, but mostly because you are incapable of grasping my point. It is now irrelevant what life was like in the areas controlled by the Islamic Courts as that situation no longer exists. As an aside, there was no 'peace' where the IC were trying to expand that influence where it was not wanted, although obviously it is convenient for you to 'forget' that.

yes it was very moronic - but you have only yourself to blame after that even more moronic suggestion of blaming a country resisting an invader for the problems and not the criminal invaders themselves

actually there was peace over large swathes ofland - including for the first time in mogidishu.
do your research on the small period oftime that the courts were in power for - and your right,, their war against the warring clans that had bought the country to destruction wasnt fully over but it was getting there

What is relevant is the situation now... and how ever much you may jump up and down shouting "go Muhajadeen!" it or even "Ethiopians go home!" the situation for the ordinary Somalis who just want a quiet life will not change for the better unless people put down their guns and sit down and talk.
when war is forced upon you talks are useless

if ethipoia held talks before invading, im sure there would have been some response but now as ethiopians are killing and raping (surprise surprise) and occupying, talks will get nowhere

unforunatley many "crusader" (for lack of a better word!) dont seem to believe in talks - america, uk, ethiopia, russia all seem to wanna invade rather than talk - strange people :(

wilberhum
11-24-2007, 08:10 PM
"crusader" (for lack of a better word!)
You need to expand your vocabulary.:unhappy:

Chechnya
11-25-2007, 01:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
You need to expand your vocabulary.:unhappy:
or better still christian countries (even if they are only nominal christians) need to stop invading muslim ones :thumbs_up

Intisar
11-25-2007, 03:34 AM

:sl: :hmm: I remember when bodies were being dragged down the street by supporters of the 'Islamic Courts Union'. That doesn't seem 'Islamic' to me sis. Though I do agree that they brought peace and stability to a country war-ravaged, but displacement has been happening in Somalia since '90. That's the reason why the Somali population is dispersed around the diaspora.

They need to come to a peaceful resolution, for the sake of the Somali people because all of this fighting is doing our people no good. I feel so badly for the Somalis back home still suffering, may Allah make things easy on them (ameen). :cry:

al-muslimah
11-25-2007, 05:07 AM
There is no such thing as "peace negotion" until they the coalition of kuffar keave our lands.after that then we can talk global peace.

Intisar
11-25-2007, 05:42 AM
^:sl: If peaceful negotiation will avoid more bloodshed and killing, then it should be done.

This 'kill the kufaar' mentality is doing no one good.

Besides, the ICU seems a bit shady itself. They were basically the ones who said that they would travel all the way to Addis to liberate the Ethios, no? If both sides really cared for the people, then they would stop it. No more displacement, hunger, poverty, and innocent people dying. If killing can be avoided through means of peaceful negotiation, it should be done, period.

wilberhum
11-25-2007, 02:01 PM
or better still christian countries (even if they are only nominal christians) need to stop invading muslim ones :thumbs_up
Is that why Muslims continue killing Muslims?
I thought it was sectarian differences.

wilberhum
11-25-2007, 02:03 PM
There is no such thing as "peace negotion" until they the coalition of kuffar keave our lands.after that then we can talk global peace.
But there can never be global peace as long as the kuffar exist, right?

Chechnya
11-25-2007, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Is that why Muslims continue killing Muslims?
I thought it was sectarian differences.
its a whole different issue albeit just as serious

wilberhum
11-25-2007, 10:34 PM
its a whole different issue albeit just as serious
And one always forgotten so that the west can be blamed for everything.

Cognescenti
11-25-2007, 11:19 PM
How very generous of you. Might we know exactly where "our lands" are? How about Israel and Lebanon? How about Andalucia? Can we have Turkey back? How about Birmingham and Hamburg or the Paris suburbs?

Your idea is childish.

Dawud_uk
11-25-2007, 11:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
How very generous of you. Might we know exactly where "our lands" are? How about Israel and Lebanon? How about Andalucia? Can we have Turkey back? How about Birmingham and Hamburg or the Paris suburbs?

Your idea is childish.
the idea of ALL muslim lands being liberated might seem childish to you, but it is part of our way of life.

you must understand, to muslims if the prophet Muhammad saws forbade us to give up one hand span of muslim land then that is it for us, no negotiation over the final status, though there can be temporary ceasefires - there can be no peace in palastine etc.

as far as birmingham and paris are concerned though i have never heard then described as darul islam, the abode of islam as they are in the lands of the disbelievers.

it is simply a matter of how seriously do you take your religion or way of life, if you took it like us, then it would be simple - if you believed in Allah like we believe in Allah then there would not be this problem of you believing this point of view childish as it would be not just a matter of life and death, but of salvation and ****ation.

Abu Abdullah

Cognescenti
11-26-2007, 12:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
the idea of ALL muslim lands being liberated might seem childish to you, but it is part of our way of life.

you must understand, to muslims if the prophet Muhammad saws forbade us to give up one hand span of muslim land then that is it for us, no negotiation over the final status, though there can be temporary ceasefires - there can be no peace in palastine etc.

as far as birmingham and paris are concerned though i have never heard then described as darul islam, the abode of islam as they are in the lands of the disbelievers.

it is simply a matter of how seriously do you take your religion or way of life, if you took it like us, then it would be simple - if you believed in Allah like we believe in Allah then there would not be this problem of you believing this point of view childish as it would be not just a matter of life and death, but of salvation and ****ation.

Abu Abdullah
And what about this notion that non-Muslims are to be tolerated in "Islamic lands". What about the Jews and Zororastrians of Medina (or was it Mecca) a millenium ago? Weren't they supposed to be tolerated according to you know who?

It might also help if there were a map somewhere that said "Islam/the rest of the irremediable swine Kuffar". Is there such a map?

BTW..your strategy kind of leaves the Muslims in the swine Kuffar lands up a creek doesn't it?

Dawud_uk
11-26-2007, 01:17 AM
And what about this notion that non-Muslims are to be tolerated in "Islamic lands". What about the Jews and Zororastrians of Medina (or was it Mecca) a millenium ago? Weren't they supposed to be tolerated according to you know who?

It might also help if there were a map somewhere that said "Islam/the rest of the irremediable swine Kuffar". Is there such a map?

BTW..your strategy kind of leaves the Muslims in the swine Kuffar lands up a creek doesn't it?
you make many assumptions, i did not say that the kuffar cannot live in the muslims lands, as far as i am aware they are only not permitted upon the land of the two holy sanctuaries.

and i do not call any disbeliever irremediable, anyone can change, the strongest (and therefore worst) disbelievers often become the best believers, if you studied the lives of the companions of the prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) you would see many were enemies of Allah's messenger before they entered into islam.

finally, coming to the muslims in the abode of disbelief, well as long as the disbelievers keep to the covanant of security then there is no issue here.

hope that has answered your questions and calmed you a little.

Abu Abdullah

Cognescenti
11-26-2007, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
you make many assumptions, i did not say that the kuffar cannot live in the muslims lands, as far as i am aware they are only not permitted upon the land of the two holy sanctuaries.

and i do not call any disbeliever irremediable, anyone can change, the strongest (and therefore worst) disbelievers often become the best believers, if you studied the lives of the companions of the prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) you would see many were enemies of Allah's messenger before they entered into islam.

finally, coming to the muslims in the abode of disbelief, well as long as the disbelievers keep to the covanant of security then there is no issue here.

hope that has answered your questions and calmed you a little.

Abu Abdullah
Good answer Dawud. I am still having trouble knowing how a "non-believer" (big improvemnt over previous terminology :okay:) is to know when he is welcome in a Mulsim land and when he is not welcome in a Muslim land. This seems quite important as the consequences seem often to be that his head is separated from his body if the later pertains. There is also the problem of knowing when he is in a "Muslim land". May he visit Jerusalem? How about the Southern Balkans? How about a Yazdi in Iraq. It seems they are better off wearing disguises. How about Korean Christians? It seems they made a wrong turn somewhere, eh? How about a Western doctor or engineer in Saudi Arabia?

You seem to be avoiding the tough questions.

Dawud_uk
11-27-2007, 09:18 AM
Good answer Dawud. I am still having trouble knowing how a "non-believer" (big improvemnt over previous terminology :okay:) is to know when he is welcome in a Mulsim land and when he is not welcome in a Muslim land. This seems quite important as the consequences seem often to be that his head is separated from his body if the later pertains. There is also the problem of knowing when he is in a "Muslim land". May he visit Jerusalem? How about the Southern Balkans? How about a Yazdi in Iraq. It seems they are better off wearing disguises. How about Korean Christians? It seems they made a wrong turn somewhere, eh? How about a Western doctor or engineer in Saudi Arabia?

You seem to be avoiding the tough questions.
not at all,

you've never posed these particular questions to me.

darul islam is the abode of islam, in it the non muslims have a protected status, they pay the jiziyyah tax, obey the public laws and are allowed to live their own private lives in their own homes and churches.

the lands that should be darul islam are all those lands that were historically under the rule of shariah, so yes al-quds also (arabic for jeruselum) but once again no problem with non muslim pilgrims as long as they obey the laws

i answered your question regarding non muslims in saudia, it is specifically forbidden by a narration from a narration from the prophet Muhammad saws, but they are allowed in the rest of darul islam as long as pay the jiziyyah and follow the public laws.

in my opinion, the foreign workers are another reason many saudis have become so fat and lazy and corrupt, because others do the work for them.

regarding the Korean missionaries, well they were just that and one of the laws in islam is that although it allows for debate from non muslims it does not allow missionary activity and the penalty under our law is death

i hope that answers your questions to your satisfaction

Abu Abdullah

al-muslimah
11-28-2007, 03:47 AM
Nice answer brother Dawud_uk.mashallah.I agree.

sudais1
11-28-2007, 04:18 AM

You know nothing of my country so it's better for you to do research :grumbling Point 1 Somali's are all Muslim 99.99% of the population is Muslim and we all hate Abdullahi Yusuf. He wants a secular state where he would give all the Somali oil to the United States for Cheap. He's a puppet. While the Islamic courts had power there was mostly peace and they started to clean rubble and their was even city buses run by the city for the first time. But America and the West don't want Peace so they sent there puppets (Ethiopia) to attacks us. But don't worry we'll go from Mogadishu to Addis Ababa

sudais1
11-28-2007, 04:29 AM
Most people on hear no absoulety rubbish about Somalia that my hair is turning Grey reading it.

Now listen up:

Before ICU there was no stop violence for power between rival factions. People were being looted and the poor were not looked after. Before the Dumb Ethio Army came ( Allah Yal 3nak) We had peace. The Somali people don't want no stupid secular government that the stupid west wants to implement on us. We want an Islamic State by the Name Khilafah. We want a Caliph and not a president. Take your democracy and stick it up your behind because it will do us no good. And if the West continues and tries to implement its on ways and Ideoligies we will continue to fight you until you stop fighting us. The Mujahideen will win In Chechnya and they will go from Grozny to Moscow and we will go From Mogadishu to Addis Ababa. who started these wars and put these western governments in the Muslim World. I can tell you that We want Islamic ways not Western Ways and Since the Kufar brought there armies to Somalia and Palestine, Chechnya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kashmir and so on we will take our armies one day after we are victorious and put them in your cities. You want to put your armies here? then we will beat you and Put our armies with you.

1 million Muslims are displaced because of your rubbish governments that came to our land. What if 40 million Americans were displaced ( Somalis are only 8 million so the ratio compared to US would be close to 40 million) just because of a war that was fought because another country didn't like that peoples policies. Since the U.S is the biggest power they see any country that doesn't follow its ideologies as an illegitimate government that must be taken out. Especially if that government has Oil. So scoot off back to Washington, London, and Moscow.

Intisar
11-28-2007, 04:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sudais1
You know nothing of my country so it's better for you to do research :grumbling Point 1 Somali's are all Muslim 99.99% of the population is Muslim and we all hate Abdullahi Yusuf. He wants a secular state where he would give all the Somali oil to the United States for Cheap. He's a puppet. While the Islamic courts had power there was mostly peace and they started to clean rubble and their was even city buses run by the city for the first time. But America and the West don't want Peace so they sent there puppets (Ethiopia) to attacks us. But don't worry we'll go from Mogadishu to Addis Ababa
:sl: Not everyone hates Abdullahi Yusuf, I don't think you're making a fair judgement of the guy. Even though you may disagree with his policies and the horrible things he's done, let's not pretend that things like this weren't already happening in Somalia.

It's pretty funny how people act like looting is a new occurence, it isn't. My house, as was probably many Somalis in the diaspora homes, was looted. The people living in there basically stole it and are murderers. Do you think it's okay for them to be doing that and to be still living there lavishly (istaqhfurallah)? I think Abdullahi isn't such a good guy, but he has been doing good things, like giving back looted properties. At the same time, the TFG is made up of horrible horrible people, it's comprised of those who participated in the mass murders and killings of innocent Somali people, Allah jaanada haa siiyo, who are now 'ministers', subhanallah. People think it's okay because everyone's clan is represented, but how dare they put a number on your clan's worth (refer to the 3.5 rule)?

All in all, the ICU has fizzled and were shady, and inshaa'Allah everyone can come to a resolution in which Somalia becomes an Islamic state which it has forever longed for - ameen.

PS. Please, let's not act like the ICU was an 'innocent' Islamic movement, because if it were trust me aboowe i'd be the first to support it.

Cognescenti
11-28-2007, 06:13 AM
Most people on hear no absoulety rubbish about Somalia that my hair is turning Grey reading it.

Now listen up:

Before ICU there was no stop violence for power between rival factions. People were being looted and the poor were not looked after. Before the Dumb Ethio Army came ( Allah Yal 3nak) We had peace. The Somali people don't want no stupid secular government that the stupid west wants to implement on us. We want an Islamic State by the Name Khilafah. We want a Caliph and not a president. Take your democracy and stick it up your behind because it will do us no good. And if the West continues and tries to implement its on ways and Ideoligies we will continue to fight you until you stop fighting us. The Mujahideen will win In Chechnya and they will go from Grozny to Moscow and we will go From Mogadishu to Addis Ababa. who started these wars and put these western governments in the Muslim World. I can tell you that We want Islamic ways not Western Ways and Since the Kufar brought there armies to Somalia and Palestine, Chechnya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kashmir and so on we will take our armies one day after we are victorious and put them in your cities. You want to put your armies here? then we will beat you and Put our armies with you.

1 million Muslims are displaced because of your rubbish governments that came to our land. What if 40 million Americans were displaced ( Somalis are only 8 million so the ratio compared to US would be close to 40 million) just because of a war that was fought because another country didn't like that peoples policies. Since the U.S is the biggest power they see any country that doesn't follow its ideologies as an illegitimate government that must be taken out. Especially if that government has Oil. So scoot off back to Washington, London, and Moscow.
Yeah..that's it. Somalia was a garden spot laden with milk and honey before the first US soldier ever set foot there (to aid a UN food mission, buy the way) years before the 9-11 attack and even before the AQ attacks on American embassies in Africa. Your thesis is so preposterous as to paint you as a mere caricature.

Do tell us how many cruise lines stopped at Magadishu to sample the welcoming culture and the famous Somali cuisine. Also, when Somalia exports its first drop of oil...please let us know.

BTW, when the Mujahadin marches into Addis Ababa, please post something here. That will be something to see. All the Kuffar forces will flee in disarray when the mighty Ethiopina war machine is crushed.

sudais1
11-28-2007, 06:14 AM
Abayo look the ICU were shady but that's was something that could have been dealt with. But allah knows best if they were haw then Allah would never let them lose. What bothers me is the united states of the world coming and send ethio forces to fight us. One day they will regret everything and beg for mercy.

Dawud_uk
11-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Abdullahi Yusuf is committing clear kufr by ruling by other than Allah has revealed, he is committing clear kufr by siding with the kuffar against the believers.

apart from anythign else he only got the position because he was a warlord in the first place.

i hope he makes tawbah and returns to islam, but if not i hope the mujahadeen take his head and send it in a box to his masters in washington!

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Joe98
11-28-2007, 12:06 PM
Only after muslims leave the Christain lands.

England
USA
Sweden
Denmark
etc
etc

Omar_Mukhtar
11-28-2007, 01:36 PM
@Joe, I fail to see your comparison with London and other Western cities. The majority of Muslims in those cities never came to those countries by way of force or military means.

I see that some people try to change this issue into a general discussion about non Muslims and vice versa living in their respective lands. That is a good discussion, but it has nothing to do with the situation in Somalia.

There are non Muslim aid workers and other humnatarian organization operating in Somalia. Infact, the Islamic Courts invited the U.N to come to Muqdisho and see for theselves if Alqaeda was operating there, which they did. The U.S.A sponsored a U.N resolution which called prohibited all "neigbouring countries" to send troops to Somalia. The European Union has called on all foreign forces ie Ethiopia to leave. Thus the Ethiopian invasion is illegally by international and obviously by Islamic law.

International organizations have documented for years the rape, torture and purpose witholding of food in the Somali speaking region by the Ethiopian government. In fact, they use food blockage as a weapon of war.

For the person who said they should lay down their arms: do you mean only the resistance should lay down their arms or both sides?

sudais1
11-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Yeah..that's it. Somalia was a garden spot laden with milk and honey before the first US soldier ever set foot there (to aid a UN food mission, buy the way) years before the 9-11 attack and even before the AQ attacks on American embassies in Africa. Your thesis is so preposterous as to paint you as a mere caricature.

Do tell us how many cruise lines stopped at Magadishu to sample the welcoming culture and the famous Somali cuisine. Also, when Somalia exports its first drop of oil...please let us know.

BTW, when the Mujahadin marches into Addis Ababa, please post something here. That will be something to see. All the Kuffar forces will flee in disarray when the mighty Ethiopina war machine is crushed.
You clearly have no knowledge of whats going on. Somalia was a haven for drug dealers, war lords, and the whole country was corrupt with clan fighting and all this stupid stuff. Finally all these tribes were united and they fought to make Somalia an Islamic State and the Kufr Countries want to come and destroy it and implement there western style governments. You clearly have no idea what is going on so it's better for you to stay queit. Somalia was on the road to becoming a wealthy nation because we finally achieved peace and after we settled in to the country like get all the rules and people back to their homes we would have peacefully open up our oil wells for buisness and we would become a good nation but thats not good for the U.S because they also want the oil. (Allah Yal 3nak 3lal Kufar). Again if the kufr nations dont leave our country or all muslim countries we'll send your soldiers mutilated body back in pieces

Cognescenti
11-28-2007, 09:29 PM
You clearly have no knowledge of whats going on. Somalia was a haven for drug dealers, war lords, and the whole country was corrupt with clan fighting and all this stupid stuff. Finally all these tribes were united and they fought to make Somalia an Islamic State and the Kufr Countries want to come and destroy it and implement there western style governments. You clearly have no idea what is going on so it's better for you to stay queit. Somalia was on the road to becoming a wealthy nation because we finally achieved peace and after we settled in to the country like get all the rules and people back to their homes we would have peacefully open up our oil wells for buisness and we would become a good nation but thats not good for the U.S because they also want the oil. (Allah Yal 3nak 3lal Kufar). Again if the kufr nations dont leave our country or all muslim countries we'll send your soldiers mutilated body back in pieces
No, I think you don't know what is going on. Do you really think the people of "Kufr countries" like the US or France or the UK really care about internal Somali politics as some kind of poltical science exercise?

What the US wants is to avoid another failed state run by a bunch of insular nutjobs who provide refuge or aid to international terror organizations.

Omar_Mukhtar
11-28-2007, 09:59 PM
If the U.S.A was trying do that, the it is going the wrong way about. Supporting the historical enemy of Somalia and arming dictators/ world including those that killed and dragged 18 soldiers of their own. B.T.W, the guy that was responsible for that mission is the mayor of Muqdisho and he is a C.I.A operative now. Will only lead to further resentment of Americans and their policies by ordinary Somalis. Of course the media creates monsters such as Alqaeda and " insurgents", the people who are resisting are mostly ordinary Somali clans and their associates( not monsters). Naturally, more and more people will take up arms and support the "Islamists", if things continue they are going..........But I guess the Americans are in a no win situation...one the one hand they can't support an Islamic movement......on the other hand they are forced to support dictators, warlords and thugs to combat them. That is understanable, but what i dislike is to claim these ventures are far spreading democracy or another moral aim, when the case is clearly different...........

Intisar
11-28-2007, 10:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Omar_Mukhtar

For the person who said they should lay down their arms: do you mean only the resistance should lay down their arms or both sides?
:sl: Both sides should lay down arms. Subhanallah so much unnecessary violence, killing and bloodshed. If both sides truly want whats best for the Somali people, then they would both lay down arms and come to a peaceful resolution for the Somali people. :cry:

The Ethiopians don't want what's best for Somalis, obviously, because they're not Somali and they're our enemies (we have been fighting them for our part of Somalia) and the ICU don't want what's best for Somalis because if they did then they wouldn't be fighting eachother.

At least other countries fight over land, oil, or diamonds but we're fighting over, of all things, qabiil!? I mean, a little child can not go to school because his country is in peril over something that is God-given? Subhanallah, I wouldn't expect the 'TFG' to understand this, but the ICU is doing no good in participating in it. Honestly, they all need to halt this 'war' that's going on. Did you guys read the new UN report? 1, 000, 000 Somalis are in suffering by displacement and all sorts of other horrible debacles.

Man they should both know better. Please you guys, make ducaa for the Somali people -- they don't deserve this. :cry::cry:

Cognescenti
11-28-2007, 10:41 PM
If the U.S.A was trying do that, the it is going the wrong way about. Supporting the historical enemy of Somalia and arming dictators/ world including those that killed and dragged 18 soldiers of their own. B.T.W, the guy that was responsible for that mission is the mayor of Muqdisho and he is a C.I.A operative now. Will only lead to further resentment of Americans and their policies by ordinary Somalis. Of course the media creates monsters such as Alqaeda and " insurgents", the people who are resisting are mostly ordinary Somali clans and their associates( not monsters). Naturally, more and more people will take up arms and support the "Islamists", if things continue they are going..........But I guess the Americans are in a no win situation...one the one hand they can't support an Islamic movement......on the other hand they are forced to support dictators, warlords and thugs to combat them. That is understanable, but what i dislike is to claim these ventures are far spreading democracy or another moral aim, when the case is clearly different...........
Omar;

Thank you for raising the caliber of the discussion a bit.

I haven't heard a representive of the US claim what is happening in Somalia now is about Democracy. In fact, they have largely been keeping quiet about Somalia. As you say, any group with a radical Islamist ideology that wants to take over a patch of dirt on this planet in 2007 is going to have "visitors". Quite possbily, there will be no official pronouncement, either. I don't see that changing with the next administration.

Intisar
11-28-2007, 10:44 PM
^I think calling them 'radicals' is stretching it a bit too far. Though I do agree the banning of soccer games was a bit absurd, they did for the most part do a lot of good. Alas, Allah truly knows what's in their hearts so let's leave that for him to decide.

What I find the most odd though, is that people are acting as if all of a sudden Somali has become a war-ravaged country, as if this hasn't been happening for over a decade now. We've been in a war for over 17 years people, let's not pretend like it's just started. :)

Omar_Mukhtar
11-28-2007, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
:sl: Both sides should lay down arms. Subhanallah so much unnecessary violence, killing and bloodshed. If both sides truly want whats best for the Somali people, then they would both lay down arms and come to a peaceful resolution for the Somali people. :cry:

The Ethiopians don't want what's best for Somalis, obviously, because they're not Somali and they're our enemies (we have been fighting them for our part of Somalia) and the ICU don't want what's best for Somalis because if they did then they wouldn't be fighting eachother.

At least other countries fight over land, oil, or diamonds but we're fighting over, of all things, qabiil!? I mean, a little child can not go to school because his country is in peril over something that is God-given? Subhanallah, I wouldn't expect the 'TFG' to understand this, but the ICU is doing no good in participating in it. Honestly, they all need to halt this 'war' that's going on. Did you guys read the new UN report? 1, 000, 000 Somalis are in suffering by displacement and all sorts of other horrible debacles.

Man they should both know better. Please you guys, make ducaa for the Somali people -- they don't deserve this. :cry::cry:
Sister, both sides should lay down their arms and negotiate. But we know life isn't easy as that. You know the I.C.U and others aren't to lay down their weapons so long as there are Ethiopians troops in Somalia. If they lay down their weapons; they fear they will be killed or detained.

al-muslimah
11-28-2007, 11:28 PM
The Ethiopians don't want what's best for Somalis, obviously, because they're not Somali and they're our enemies (we have been fighting them for our part of Somalia) and the ICU don't want what's best for Somalis because if they did then they wouldn't be fighting eachother. ----sister ameena

Sister don't u understand the situation here. You as well as everybody knows that the Ethipians and any other kuffar invaders will never negotiate with the Muslims or sign a truce. And the stuff they are doing there like fighting "insurgents" or Islamists as they claim they are doing, so far the only people they are massacring are civilians. Even the civilians want the UIC back because of there justice in dealing with people. In just six months since they rose to power they improved alot more than the transitional government and the warlords.Baraka from Allah(swt).
We really need to go back to the books. Why don't you guys check out Shaykh Abdullah Azzam's book Defense of the Muslim Lands.(fatawa book,1987).Very good inshallah.It is very interesting.

wilberhum
11-28-2007, 11:32 PM
Ethipians and any other kuffar invaders will never negotiate with the Muslims or sign a truce.
Sounds like Kuffarophobia to me. :-\

All of Somalia's problems are caused by others. How convient. :skeleton:

al-muslimah
11-28-2007, 11:38 PM
All of Somalia's problems are caused by others. How convient.--wilberhumm

Who said that?? That is not true it is partially their fault and those who attack them.

wilberhum
11-28-2007, 11:43 PM
All of Somalia's problems are caused by others. How convient.--wilberhumm

Who said that?? That is not true it is partially their fault and those who attack them.
:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

sudais1
11-29-2007, 03:36 AM
No, I think you don't know what is going on. Do you really think the people of "Kufr countries" like the US or France or the UK really care about internal Somali politics as some kind of poltical science exercise?

What the US wants is to avoid another failed state run by a bunch of insular nutjobs who provide refuge or aid to international terror organizations.

I simply want the United States and all these other countries to get out of Muslim lands. We'll rule ourselves the way we want and you rule your selves the way you want. the Ummah has a lot of money and we don't need the kufr west to tell us whats good for us and not. WE control many minerals and gold and 70% of the worlds oil not counting Somalia which according to many Oil reaserchers could be as rich in oil as the Saudi's. Again Muslims don't need western invasion on our lands. Get out of our lands. Somali people want Sharia and the Islamic State. We tried western ways for 85 years and nothing has come of it but invasion and the plundering of our resources. We even have oil in the Caucasus which are Muslim. Don't get me wrong tho, Somalia was always such a corrupt country that I hated to even see the flag or the people because they were so intermingled with Clan fighting but know it's different. The Clans have been united under Islam and brought peace to the country before the U.S sent Ethiopia to fight us then I got angry. America couldn't bring peace to us for so long then Islam brings us peace then America gets angry and fights. Anyways the ICU did some shady things thats why there losing now. But as soon as they make repentance and fix their intention then Allah will guide their bullets and mortars.

Terror Organizations?

Who Is the biggest aggressor in the world?
Who keeps launching wars?
Who keeps Implenting it's ways on the world?

Oh I remember, When one resists the Great America then they are terrorists:-\

Americans moan about 911 way to much. They killed that x unthinkable in Aghanistan and Iraq and then they sent their puppets Ethios to fight us. But don't worry the longer they stay the more funerals they'll have :happy:

al-muslimah
11-30-2007, 01:30 AM
Americans moan about 911 way to much. They killed that x unthinkable in Aghanistan and Iraq and then they sent their puppets Ethios to fight us. But don't worry the longer they stay the more funerals they'll have--sudais1

Yes. I agree.

MuslimahBlue
11-30-2007, 01:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
Only after muslims leave the Christain lands.

England
USA
Sweden
Denmark
etc
etc
Which Muslim countries army is in England, U.K, Sweden..wtc
Pakistan??Iran??

Honeslty if your going to make a statement like that use your common sense.

I'm not sure what point you think is being made, here. If there were no Islamist insurgents there would be no fighting and nobody being displaced anywhere. No fighting, no uprooting.
That statement shows that you know jack about Somalia. Before the Islamic courts Somalia or Mogadishu in particular had been in a state where there was constant fighting and millions of people left Somalia. During their reign atleast people felt more safe. Its just that people start perking up there ears when they here the word Islam coming into the equation. Like come on its been 16 years? and now all of a sudden Somalia is front page worthy.

al-muslimah
11-30-2007, 02:15 AM
Jihad is our only solution today and will get us back on our feet.

Woodrow
11-30-2007, 02:58 AM
:w:,

That is one possibility. T

The other possibility is that we could be committing an even greater sin by doing so. The needless killing of non-combatants, women and children is not a wise move. Unless a solid distinct enemy can be identified and jihad directed to him/her a jihad could easily be directed against the innocents and not the guilty.

The enemies of Islam today are difficult to put a face and name on. We can think we know who is our enemy, but are we actually seeing the true faceless enemies that are trying to destroy us? We can give names like Bush, Musharaff etc. Yet in todays world in which government has been replaced by multi national corporations, we are hard pressed to find the hiding place or even identity of those who truly are wishing there was a physical jihad with Muslims and Western world destroying each other. Both Islam and the Western world are in a danger of failing to recognize who is causing this rift that is harming all of us. We spend too much time fighting each other and are blind to see who is gaining strength over our own ignorance.

Cognescenti
11-30-2007, 08:14 PM
I suppose you don't mean the struggle-within-oneself-to-follow-the-techings-of-Islam-type jihad.

You know, that is the meaning the ignorant Kuffar automatically don't associate with the word.

You mean the kill-the-filthy-kuffar-type jihad.

Those ignorant kuffar...you wonder where they get such Islamophobic ideas, eh?

BTW...what are you waiting for? Why not volunteer for something? They make vests for women.

al-muslimah
11-30-2007, 09:46 PM
I suppose you don't mean the struggle-within-oneself-to-follow-the-techings-of-Islam-type jihad.

You know, that is the meaning the ignorant Kuffar automatically don't associate with the word.

You mean the kill-the-filthy-kuffar-type jihad.

Those ignorant kuffar...you wonder where they get such Islamophobic ideas, eh?

BTW...what are you waiting for? Why not volunteer for something? They make vests for women.-----cognesciti

Whatever.............say what u want.It is our only solution for peace in this world.

snakelegs
11-30-2007, 09:52 PM
when are you leaving?

Omar_Mukhtar
11-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Jihad is not the solution to everything. The prophet saw was skilled in warfare, diplomacy, dawah and most importantly influencing people to have tawheed within their hearts.Jihad has a high status in Islam, but it is not even one of the 6 pillars of Islam. The I.C.U fighters are not going to feed the 1 million lieng int he desert near Muqdisho; they aren't going to give them shelter or bring their, fathers of the many orphans that this war created. The Ethiopians, with the their heavy financial military backing are able to take heavy casualties. Furthermore, their army consists of peasants or people who join out of neccesity. But can Somalis? The Alshabab-Al Mujahideen group give money to youths to throw grenades and their fighters recieve moneY. So it might look nice to see twenty occupiers lying in Muqdisho streets, but what does it achieve when you have 1 million of your people on the brink of starvation and being collectively punished by world powers?

Dawud_uk
12-01-2007, 08:45 AM
Jihad is not the solution to everything. The prophet saw was skilled in warfare, diplomacy, dawah and most importantly influencing people to have tawheed within their hearts.Jihad has a high status in Islam, but it is not even one of the 6 pillars of Islam. The I.C.U fighters are not going to feed the 1 million lieng int he desert near Muqdisho; they aren't going to give them shelter or bring their, fathers of the many orphans that this war created. The Ethiopians, with the their heavy financial military backing are able to take heavy casualties. Furthermore, their army consists of peasants or people who join out of neccesity. But can Somalis? The Alshabab-Al Mujahideen group give money to youths to throw grenades and their fighters recieve moneY. So it might look nice to see twenty occupiers lying in Muqdisho streets, but what does it achieve when you have 1 million of your people on the brink of starvation and being collectively punished by world powers?
assalaamu alaykum omar,

brother i ask you to change your name on this forum, you have no idea of the history of this great mujahid omar mukhtar if you say this.

the paralels of the jihad of omar mukhtar in libya and that being fought today in places like somalia and afghanistan are uncanny, did omar mukhtar stop fighting when his people were attacked and raped and murdered by the italians in their villages?

no he didnt, he continued to fight redoubled his efforts,

did he stop fighting when his people faced hardship and starvation by boycott and lack of resources?

no he didnt, he continued to fight.

did he stop when the italians introduced concentration camps, systematic rape and execuation of his people?

no not even then did he stop fighting.

may Allah swt raise up more mujahideen such as omar mukhtar, like the mujahadeen in somalia and afghanistan and iraq and kashmir and chechnya, ameen.

mujahadeen who understand is is the practice of the kuffar to persecute and attack the people who support the mujahadeen but do not let this stop them as they know they will be tested by Allah to see if they are truthful and that they know Allah has tested the believers before and will do so again like this.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Omar_Mukhtar
12-01-2007, 01:03 PM
I know enough about Omar Mukhtar, to tell you that the Alshabab in Somalia, Alqaeda in Iraq or any other modern day organizations can be compared to him!These people( not all) are more like political gangs!

Secondly, it isn't unislamic to negotiate with occupiers and attempt to come to an agreement to with the T.F.G, in order to save the thousands of people who will starve!

Durrah
12-01-2007, 06:36 PM
The TFG are dogs and i hope they rot in hell. Somalis who are defending them here, shame on you. these guys were criminals prior to them getting into power and are criminals today. They always had links to warlords before the U.S admin got involved. They never had no interest for the people. I dont expect the U.S too, they backed scum murderous warlords (nothing new!) but overall, condition of somali people was better under ICU and under the right leadership, they could have continued to stablise the region.

One thing that the islamic courts union did was unify all Somali people from all qabils/tribes and gain their full support (with exceptions of those who were supporting their own tribe members who run the TFG) No-one has done that in a very long time and they made much needed progress.

Most of the reports on the ICU through the western press was utter rubbish For example: the soccer ban story. In fact what people were protesting about was the fact that porn/indicent films was being shown in the cinemas- people didnt have problem with the sports been shown there, and many parents, especially mothers demanded that the islamic union courts take action and stop porn/indeicent films being shown especially to their young children, who would have been there in hopes of watching the world cup. Of course this was not mentioned in the western press or reported.

Even now, the media in somalia, has been suppressed, something which was not done when somali was under the ICU. there were many many critics of the ICU in the somali media- tv, radio, newspapers but the ICU did not shut down radio stations or news outlets, they responded to those critics by coming on their show or through public speaking etc..

Now under the TFG and Ethiopian led occupiers, 'freedom of speech' has been clamed down on through somali media. Any media outlets criticizing the TFG have been forceably shut down, journalists have been killed and some thrown in jail. If civilians say anything negative about TFG, they are are accused of being Al-Qaidea and subject to jail and touture.

To all those who are praising the TFG, get your facts straight and speak to the people back home, because they have a different story to the BS being spread by the world media- especially western one. I admit, i was somewhat critical of ICU, partly because i was listening to information spread by sources outside of somalia, but once i spoke to close family and friends who had been there, totally different perception and i checked things out for myself, instead of taking things at face value.

Oh and guess which country took Abdi Gedi, in and gave him residency- former TFG prime minster, after he resigned? The united states *roll eyes*

trust them to willfully habour war mongering criminals and invite them into their country. so long as those murderous criminals support U.S, it doesn't matter what crime they've committed, they are welcomed with open arms!

if i was a U.S citizen, i'd be protesting to get that &$*"*^# deported back.

al-muslimah
12-01-2007, 09:26 PM
I know enough about Omar Mukhtar, to tell you that the Alshabab in Somalia, Alqaeda in Iraq or any other modern day organizations can be compared to him!These people( not all) are more like political gangs!-Omar_Mokhtar

Then why did u name yourself after him(omar mukhtar)? These so called gangsters you are refering are better than us who are sitting down.What have u done that is so good compared to them????

Omar_Mukhtar
12-02-2007, 12:26 AM
Abdi-Noor Mohamed
Saturday, December 01, 2007

The sound of the terrifying rocket bombs, the screams of the wounded civilians, the harsh conditions of survival, the increasing rate of displacement, the pain of living without life, the escalating security crisis, the mounting build-up of tension, the insensitiveness of the international community, the increasing Ethiopian reinforcements which make a daily push into the city, the massacare of genocide proportions, the dying kids gasping for a last breath etc. constitute a huge gain on the part of the TFG warlord-government and the Islamic insurgent.

To them, the pain and the suffering of the people is a potential source of stability to further consolidate their greed for power using women and children nothing more than a heap of firewood aimed at fuelling their insane wars.

Few weeks ago before I left Mogadishu, (now I am in Europe ), a man called me from the middle of a cluster of shacks inhabited by displaced populations. "My son" he started while scratching gently his not-so long grey beard “I am going to die few minutes from now and I don’t have much time to explain everything for you. Do a favour for me, my son. Please write my WILL (Dardaaran in Somali). "What"? I asked, feeling shocked. "Look at that lane branching off the road along the Geed Hinid tree.... just over there, well beside that half-broken light pole overlooking the obliterated wall near the makeshift hut" Peering into the dampened pathway which glistened in the scorching Mogadishu sun, I saw Islamic insurgents assembling their Hobiye rocket launcher preparing themselves to supply sort of a ritual-like daily attack to Villa Somalia.

The old man who tried to stay calm in the face of danger demonstrated courage in his talk though the look in his eyes has betrayed him as they defied his wishes to inject a veneer of valour in his voice. ”I can in no way stop these boys to use this camp as a base to launch rockets nor can I pack up and leave the place in time to escape a more aggressive response from the Ethiopians. Please take up the pen before it is too late and write The Will for me". unfortunately while we were in the middle of the talk, the militia fired a rocket and forced us to run as we dived for cover. They took aim at Villa Somalia but instead of hitting Abdullahi Yusuf and his Ethiopians, their mortar bomb exploded in a house occupied by innocent civilians who were neither guilty of cooperating with the TFG nor posed any threat to the Islamic courts and their extermination campaign.

Their blind attack resulted in the death of a mother and her three children who lived near the dilapidated National Theatre as reported immediately by FM local radios. 15 minutes later a retaliatory rocket attack sent by the Ethiopians landed in the camp causing heavy human and material causalty. I was not able to immediately go back to the site to find out if the old man and his family had perished in the unprecise Ethiopian shooting. However, I managed to visit the place several days later when there was a lull and corridors of safety have been re-opened.

To my dismay half of the camp has been burned and there was no single hut I could see in the devastated area. All makeshift shacks have been reduced to ashes. I did not know the fate of the old man and his family till I saw him accidentally at the Ceelahs Biyaha along the road between Afgoi and Mogadishu where no less than a million people have been displaced by the inhuman shellings and bombardments raging in Mogadishu. The memory of that incident and more of its sort had left an ache in the depths of my soul. Though I have left the place few weeks ago, the nasty experiences of war, drought and the futile attemp of blackmail by close associates will fill volumes of my future literary work.

Somalia deserves to be spared from further blood shed. It deserves to be re-built within the frame of peace, justice and preservation of human rights. But that seems beyond our reach so long as one faction bombs civilians indiscriminately while the other continues to work as a puppet government whose survival rests on the hands of an occupying force. We are losing ownership of our country as the solution for the Somali war is drifting away with the winds of anarchy while the hope to get peace is fading in the horizon of despair.

A nation can exist as a nation-state only when it has a rule of law in place and an effective judiciary and executive machinery that mets out justice regardless of the tribal origins of the person under investigation.

But when the nation is reduced to mere lands of terror controlled by factions and tribal chiefs, it would lose all criteria to call it a " Nation" as it is just a dark hole in which all types of dangerous creatures hide out to devour on the poor and the innocent civilians.

Can you imagine a government that wants to run a nation while destroying the very foundation on which a nation is based: People and their history. It is like planting a tree and wishing it to grow without roots.

It is sad that Somalia has been left at the mercy of these two evils: A Warlord Government with a criminal track record which kills the same people it has been sworn-in and insurgents who mastermind mass destruction in the form of explosions never caring about the civilians who die along with their targets. It is the similarity of their action that makes me arrive at a conclusion to brand both of them as evil.

Making all kinds of ugly behaviours a habit, they terrorized the nation and its people by milking clan and religious loyalties for the sake of their personal advantage. TFG, for instance, is a government from the warlord to the warlord and for the warlord. It has lost credibility long before it was established in Nairobi, Kenya though I personally believed that we should give it a chance and see what this it would accomplish on the side of peace and restoration of law and order in Somalia.

It is usually my way of thinking not to rule out all possibilities of a positive outcome, though unrealistic the issue may seem. But my wish to see a government in total control of the nation never materialized as TFG turned out to be a spearhead of an imperialist expansion with long term objectives to bury the motherland in the sands of global war on terror.

Unfortunately the other faction, which in this case I mean the insurgents, is not doing better either. They can't get somalia back to the hands of the Somalis due to a severe structural defect in their overall organizational set up. First they are losing consistency in their political objectives and secondly they are replicating an iraq-like terror tactics in Somalia which only places them on the disadvantaged side. Secondly their lose coalition walls are making cracks as a rift is looming over among the various groups in the war against the Ethiopians. And Thirdly the US and the west have implicated them to a terror network whose support and material assistance is furnished by Al-Qaeda which by all means represent a great loss of reputation in the international political arena.

With their hopes dying away in the wilderness, the only option these Islamic insurgents have is to stay in war till last drop because they have gone too far and have no line behind them to which they can take a retreat. For those two factions: TFG and the insurgents, death is the only way of sustaining life. Therefore both of them wage war as a means of safety with illusive dreams that victory is just in the offing. They do not know that they are fighting a zero sum war which no one wins over. They are hiding behind the shadows of a prolonged conflict and protracted emergency situations of disease and famine with the intention to avoid peace from descending in somalia. Peace heralds tremendous threat as, with peace in place, they will end up in the chambers of the International Criminal courts.

It is sad that their life entirely depends on the death of the nation. Waiting for these two antagonistic factions to come to a table and agree on restoring peace in somalia is like waiting for a naked sky to give rain. Where will this leave the starving Somali child? Is this not a Future on Fire?

It is sad that the insurgents read the following to the young somali child soldier whom they lure to their deadly terror business:
Dear Boy they say:

Die for me little boy
I want to be in politics
You got to die for me
You belong to my tribe
Islam is my power ladder
clan militia are its steps
Blood is what I invest
Please shed it for me
A pint is quite enough
But a gallon is better
If you blow up yourself
So much the better
In life you live in dignity
In death you go to heaven
50 virgins are waiting for you

And to the TFG I would say:

You can kill and loot today
You can be a living terror
You can let Somalia melt

You can let it sink in despai

Even if time goes against you
You can cross the line over
You can change your political shirt
You can join civil society movements

You can preach peace and tolerance
You can be safe there for sometime
But not every time can you be in safe hands
One day you will be brought to justice
No matter how big or large it may be
The blanket of injustice can´t cover you well
There will always be a space where the
A breath of justice would touch you

And to the somali people I would say:

You are the people
You are the power
Make a change

Omar_Mukhtar
12-02-2007, 12:28 AM
I would rather sit down and do nothing then threaten to slaughter civilians in Adiss Ababa; or send suicide bombers to Pakistani cities; or blow up Shias because they are " rafidah".

al-muslimah
12-02-2007, 03:06 AM
I would rather sit down and do nothing then threaten to slaughter civilians in Adiss Ababa; or send suicide bombers to Pakistani cities; or blow up Shias because they are " rafidah".--Omar_Mokhtar

Really??? Its because of people like the ummah is in such ahorrible state, they get the wrong information about the mujahideen.The mujahideen don't really care that people call them terrorists or suicide bombers or the rest of the lies about them.And thius was mentioned in the sahih hadeeth of Adaifatul mansura the victorious group.Read some time plz!That is a lie the ones who do that are kuffar.When are u gonna stop listening to lies about Muslims. Authubillah!

Omar_Mukhtar
12-02-2007, 11:09 AM
I never called Mujahideen terrorists, I called Terrorists that claim to be Mujahideen Terrorists!:D

al-muslimah
12-02-2007, 08:38 PM
I never called Mujahideen terrorists, I called Terrorists that claim to be Mujahideen Terrorists!--Omar_mokhtar

Uumm....same thing.There are mujahideen today and they follow the same actions of the earlier mujahideen so to u alll mujahideen are terroeists. From Khalid bin Walid to Shaykh Abdulla Azzam and Shaykh Usama bin Laden.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.