/* */

PDA

View Full Version : complex...??

sinner??
11-20-2007, 07:25 PM
aslam u alaikum..

what is the concept of beautifrllness and ugliness...?

what if some one develps inferior coomplex...what does islam says about it?

i am alhamdullih a beautiful man , and i have a reasonable personality stilll i suffer from inferir compllex as there are alot of people more handsome than me....

i compare them with me and i feel depressed.

i dont want to be unthankful to God plz help me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Annie
11-20-2007, 08:22 PM
salams
i think you should be grateful the way allah created you because you dont know how lucky you are. some people have serve disabilities. so you should always thank allah.
wasalam

noorahmad
11-20-2007, 08:38 PM
u shud listen to the anasheed ' today upon a bus' by ahmad bukatir, or look for the clip on you tube, it really touched me, showed how ungrateful, we are to Allah's favour

Jayda
11-20-2007, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sinner??
aslam u alaikum..

i am alhamdullih a beautiful man , and i have a reasonable personality stilll i suffer from inferir compllex as there are alot of people more handsome than me....

hola sinner,

there are a lot better people looking than the best looking people you know... and in a few years there will be even better looking people than that. do not worry about appearances.

God would not give you the desires and ambitions to do or be great things if He did not give you the tools to accomplish them. all you need to worry about is being what God intends for you to be

que Dios te bendiga

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
11-20-2007, 08:49 PM
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullaah

the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam was astonished at the muslim who is struck by a calamity, but he shows patience so he gains goodness, also he is given much barakah and blessing and he shows gratitude so he is increased in further goodness....

islamic
11-20-2007, 08:55 PM
:uuh:!!!!! ^o)

do you more like man or woman? who's more attractive to you?

btw, this is a good opinion (by Jayda)

format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
there are a lot better people looking than the best looking people you know... and in a few years there will be even better looking people than that. do not worry about appearances.

Umm Hurairah
11-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wbarakatu,

Here's my fav ayah of the Quran:

Fabi ayi aalai Rabi kuma tukazibaan

"Then which of the favor of your Lord will you deny?"

Have you ever seen a person without eyes/legs/hands/arms/fingers/tongue etc.?

"We don't know what we have until we lose it."

Even if we thanked Allah (SWT) for our whole entire life, we wouldn't be able to thank him enough.

snakelegs
11-20-2007, 09:38 PM
you can get hung up on the packaging - it is the contents that matter.

جوري
11-20-2007, 09:48 PM
I must admit this is a q that is first of its kind that I have come across, though I am sure it preoccupies the thoughts of many?

Not to belittle your problem akhi, but there will always be someone better, smarter, handsomer, or something better than you..Being complete belongs to Allah alone.. I can accept this from a pubescent teenage girl who is on path of self-discovery but from a young man? Surely we can start with the blessings we have before we obsess with something so accessory?

This does remind me of how some are obsessed with their mustache being a few nanometer longer than allowed or dress not being 4 inches of distant from the waist while the rest of the Muslim world is in complete chaos..
Have we taken care of all the sisters in prison being raped and the brothers in gitmo being tortured to speak of your dress color being too loud and your beard being too short...

Anyhow, what I am trying to say is, and I am sorry if I went off on tangents but sometimes I am in awe of some of the threads I read here... once you have achieved a state of complete resolve and firmness of purpose.. can we then bother with little accessory details about this guy is handsomer than me.. or this sister's veil is square when it should be orthogonal which makes her under pious..

:w:

AnonymousPoster
11-21-2007, 06:03 AM
:sl:

First of all you are thankless to ALLAH SWT, who made you beautiful as you said you are..

Secondly, physical beauty doesn't count as long as you are pious...
so, If someone is more pious than you, then you better worry about it, otherwise, don't worry. :peace:

Grace Seeker
11-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Another way I once heard many of these things said is:

"God don't make no junk.

Remember that when you look in a mirror, or reflect on any of your other attributes. It is true. To look down on yourself, is to look down on someone that Allah created. You wouldn't do that with a stranger, why would you choose to do that with yourself?

truemuslim
11-28-2007, 10:11 PM
The true beautiful muslim has to have a clean and pure heart, and faith. Also, Rasulallah (saw) said when you wake up for fajr prayer, read quraan during that time, and Allah (swt) will make your face bright as if your hear is a light

tigersabre
11-28-2007, 10:25 PM
aslam u alaikum..

This reminds me of the skinny anorexic who looks at herself in the mirror and says, "Dang, what a blimp!"

You're a very insecure person because you're time is spent thinking about what others think about you, and you very much want to be the center of attention. If you aren't, it makes you jealous (sounds kinda girly bro).

My advice to you is to stop seeking the love of others and start being content with what you have. The blessings you are given by Allah subhaana wa ta'aala are all tests to see how you use it. You can be thankful to Allah subhaana wa ta'aala for what you have, or you can keep wishing you had more, knowing full well no matter how good looking you are, someone else will always be better.

And besides, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone has their own tastes, and you won't be able to please everyone all the time.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.