/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is this bad?

Ummu Sufyaan
11-21-2007, 05:02 AM
:sl:
is it okay to give someone a lecture/book, but not practise whats inside. not in the sense that, for example, 'pray' and yet you dont pray. but in the sense that 'hey, here's something i think may interest you.'

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
11-26-2007, 03:01 AM
Thread Approved

Brother15400
11-26-2007, 07:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
is it okay to give someone a lecture/book, but not practise whats inside. not in the sense that, for example, 'pray' and yet you dont pray. but in the sense that 'hey, here's something i think may interest you.'
Peace Be Upon You,

Yes this is bad. It is stated in Qu'ran and hadith that he who preaches but does not practice delivers an argument that will not win over anyone, and is useless. I'm very sorry, I don't know were it says this. God Willing, I will ask the Imam the next time that I see him.

Peace Be Upon You.

------
06-03-2008, 02:48 PM
:salamext:

At the first post - Isn't that known as a hypocrite :?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ShaanMalick
06-03-2008, 06:07 PM
When you preach what you don't practice, make an intention that you will start practicing too insha-Allah.

truthforpeace
06-04-2008, 05:20 AM
wait.. are you asking if it is bad to interest someone in someting that isnt your belief because you think it would be of interest to them? or are you asking is it bad to interest someone in something that is a part fo your belief that you don't practice yet, or perfectly?

Umar001
06-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Wa Alaykum Salam,

The Original Post seems very vague.

Idris
06-05-2008, 06:26 PM
All action are according to intentions.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!