/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Free Will VS God's Will

AntiKarateKid
11-21-2007, 07:50 AM
Hey you all, This is my first post here. I figured that the abundance of knowledgeable Muslims here could help me with an answer to this question. How can we reconcile free will and God's will? If a man is destined to go to hell, why did God choose him? I know his actions are what determine this but does God control our actions? This gets kinda confusing but Inshallah I will get the answers.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MinAhlilHadeeth
11-27-2007, 03:04 PM
:salamext:

You might find this to be of benefit:

“Al-Qadaa wal-Qadar fil-Islaam”

Read the translation here:
The Divine Pre-Decree and Ordainment of Allaah

Also, once you read that also read these posts:
http://www.islamicboard.com/597992-post14.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/597999-post15.html

That's a lot to read, but I hope that clears the matter up.

- Qatada -
11-27-2007, 07:47 PM
:salamext:

I hope this is beneficial insha Allaah:

This decree is merely the recording of a person’s deeds. The person has been given free will. He fully enjoys the choice to act or not to act of his own volition during the course of his life. He can choose to obey Allah’s commands and abstain from what Allah has prohibited, or he may choose to do otherwise.

However, Allah knows the Unseen in its entirety. He knows what that person will choose to do of his own free will throughout his life, and He records all of this.

Let us use an example to make things a bit more clear. You look in a mirror on one occasion and, you will see a clean face staring back at you. If you look at it at another time and you see unclean face, you cannot blame the mirror. It only shows what is in front of it. The same applies for a camera and the like.

The knowledge of Allah is something infinitely and incomparably far greater and far more precise than that reflection in the mirror.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) relates to us that Allah says: “O My servants! It is only your deeds that I take into account, and I recompense you for them.”

Therefore, what is mentioned in the hadîth that “what is written overtakes him” does not mean that a person is recorded as being one of the dwellers of Fire just like that without any justification. What is recorded for a person is only in accordance with what that person will have chosen for himself. Allah does not oppress anyone.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) also relates to us that Allah says: “O my servants I have forbidden oppression upon myself.”

We should not presume something about Allah that is not true.

No one will enter the Fire except on account of what he had committed of his own free will. This fact is emphasized in the Qur’ân many times over.

Allah says: “And whoever works a righteous deed – whether man or woman – and is a believer, such will enter the Paradise: therein will they have abundance without measure.” [Sûrah Ghâfir: 40]

He also says: “Then, on that day, not a soul will be wronged in the least, and ye shall but be recompensed except for what you had done.” [Sûrah YâSîn: 54]

Hence, I would say your question is misplaced, since no one will enter the Fire except on account of what he does of his own free will.

http://islamtoday.com/show_detail_se...main_cat_id=18

chosen
11-27-2007, 07:57 PM
I am not a muslim..i am christian..but what good is it doing the will of god if you are forced to do it..love and service of god is to come from your heart freely..therefore free will was given by god..in the hopes that you will choose to do the will of god..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
11-27-2007, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chosen
I am not a muslim..i am christian..but what good is it doing the will of god if you are forced to do it..love and service of god is to come from your heart freely..therefore free will was given by god..in the hopes that you will choose to do the will of god..

You as a christian should know that if you don't accept the 'sacrifice' - then you're in hell.

Here's a good site if you want to learn what Islam is about;

http://beconvinced.com

Hope you find it useful.

Peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.