/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps My Brother has an Excuse

00:00
11-21-2007, 01:59 PM
Abu Qulamah Al-Jimri was an eminent Tabi'i and a distinguished Imam and jurist. He once said in a sermon:

"If you hear something that you do not like about your brother, then try your best to seek out an excuse for him. And if you do not find any excuse for him, then say: perhaps my brother has an excuse that I do not know about".

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
11-21-2007, 02:18 PM
jazakAllahu khairan for this reminder.

Indeed we should make 70 excuses for our brothers when in doubt:

From Sa'd ibn 'Ubaadah (radiyallaahu 'anhu) who said that Allaah's Messenger (salallaahu 'alaihi wa'sallam) said:

...and there is no one who loves to accept an excuse more than Allaah, and because of this he sent the bringers of good news and the warners....[17]

So a Muslim seeking to make an excuse for his brother and those whom he loves will cause good will to spread instead of antagonism, and will bring about ties of relationship instead of estrangement. Since if Allaah, He who is free of all imperfections, grants excuse, and He is the Creator and the Most Great, then how can you O servant of Allaah, a weak creation of his, not seek to make excuse for others? Rather as is said: Seek an excuse for your brother.18 Likewise there is the saying: the believers seek to make excuses for others, whereas the hypocrites hope for the downfall of others.

17.Reported by al-Bukharee (Eng. Trans. 9/378/no.512) and Muslim (Eng. Trans. 2/782/no. 3572)
18.Some people quote this as being a hadeeth but it has no basis as such

"Indeed, truthfulness leads to righteousness, and righteousness leads to Heaven. And, a man [continues to] tell the truth, until he is recorded before Allah as a truthful one. And, indeed, lying leads to evil, and evil leads to Hell. And, a man [continues to] lie until he is recorded before Allah as a liar. [Bukhari, Muslim]

"Insulting a Muslim is impiety, and killing him is [a form of] unbelief." [Bukhari, Muslim, Ahmad, Nasa'i, Ibn Majah, Tirmidhi, Tabarani, Daraqutni.]

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaah

Khayal
11-22-2007, 09:28 PM
:sl:

Excellent reminder, jazaak ALLAH khayr for sharing with us.

:w:

unknown_JJ
11-22-2007, 09:48 PM
interestin...
jazakallah 4 sharin

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*KB*
11-24-2007, 12:12 PM
Assalamualaykum

Jazak'Allah for this piece of information, to be honest I did not know this, so Jazak'Allah Khairan akhi.

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
:coolious:

sevgi
11-24-2007, 12:21 PM
jazakallah...

unfortunately noone does this...shaytan is always rite with us wehn we get suspicious of our brothers...

:w:

*KB*
11-24-2007, 12:26 PM
Assalamualaykum

^^So Sister sumeyye (nice name) we must fight the shaytaan. Like Sister Qurratyl Ayn's little message says: Conquer the Shaytaan and we must.

Assalamualaykum
*KB*

Camomilla
11-24-2007, 12:40 PM
:sl:
thanx for the share, Jazakallah Khair! this is beneficial:smile:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.