/* */

PDA

View Full Version : BABY BOY NAMES...Which is best?

amina_21
11-21-2007, 11:42 PM
Salam all,

Hope everyone is in best of health.

Im 21, and married to a lovely muslim man, we got married 5 months ago and now we are expecting our first baby, We are having a BOY... but Im sooo stuck on choosing a muslim boy name.

The names which I do like have already been taken by my husbands family. And I really want my son to have a not so common name. So I have been looking online, and finding some nice names with nice meanings, but would like some advice on which ones people like best.

So if I write some names down, please feel free to put your opinion on them. :D

1. Yousuf -
2.Aayan
3.Aidan
4.Aydin
5.Deen
6.Kareem
7.Keyann
8.Kaysan
9.Kasim
10.Rayan
11.sami
12.Shayan

I like the name mohamed, Ahmed, Amin, Tamer, but all have been taken :hmm:

My fav at the moment, is yousuf

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-22-2007, 12:48 AM
:sl:

Masha'Allaah, may Allaah make your child pious and the comfort of your eyes.

Here are some..some of which are used, others I've never seen used.
Abdullah, Umar, Uthman, Ali, Talha, Saad, Saeed, Zubayr, Yunus, Ibrahim, Ismail, Harun, Musa, Eesa, Lut, Nuh, Adam, Yasir, Waleed, Ikrimah, Ayoub, Haitham, Ata', Nu'man, Hassan, Salamah, Tawus, Urwah, Uwais, Salih, Malik, Tariq, Ja'far, Yahya, Zakariyyah, Qatadah, Amr, Fayruz, Hudhayfah, Husayn, Hassan, Hakim, Hamza, Habib, Jabir, Jundub, Julaybib, Muadh, Mu'awiyah, Musab, Zayd, Suhayl, Suhayb, Thabit, Ubayy, Umayr, Utbah, Wisam, Imran
Edit: Re read your post..it seems you want an opinion on the list you gave..then I agree, I like Yusuf the best out of them..

Re-edit - A hadith:

Ibn Umar reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said:
The names dearest to Allah are 'Abdullah and 'Abd al-Rahman.
Sahih Muslim Book: 25 Number: 5315

Umm Hurairah
11-22-2007, 01:09 AM
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

Masha Allah congratulations! May Allah give you a healthy and pious Muslim child that will be noor for you and his/her father's eyes. Ameen Thuma Ameen.

1. Yusuf ~ Masha Allah love it.

5.Deen ~ Nice name but I like Yusuf better.

9.Kasim ~ Masha Allah very nice name.

Here are some of my favs:

Abdullah, Hassan, Hussain, Ali, Harun, Bilal, Ahmed, Sulaiman, Umar, Saad, Talha, Hamza, Uthman, and Zakariyya.

Nabooly
11-22-2007, 01:32 AM
Mazen

Nabeel

Ziad

3emad

Jad

Jalal

Bilal

Moustafa

I like all those, and from your list i really like Rayan, SAmi, and Kareem :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
11-22-2007, 01:47 AM
Khaleef
Aqil
Asraf
Shafeeq
Ishak
Irshad
Irfan
Azhar
Muneer
Fairooz
Farhan
Uthman
Alyas
Ismael
Izzat
Yaqub

The names in my family members

ayesha309
11-22-2007, 01:58 AM
First of all, Masha'Allah, Congrats!
from your list, i like Yusuf the best; espeically since it is my last name :D
other than that, i love the names Ismail, Umar, Abu Bakr, Ali and Uthman
I am not married, and only Allah knows if i ever will get married or ever have a son but i have already decided that if i do get married and have a son, his name will be one of the five: Ismail, Umar, Uthman, Abu Bakr, Ali !

Ummu Sufyaan
11-22-2007, 02:08 AM
conrats sis!!!
out of the list, i lke yusuf and rayyaan
i also like, ibraaheem, ismail, abdul-malik, maalik, abdullah.

snakelegs
11-22-2007, 02:15 AM
congratulations!
i like kareem.

amina_21
11-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Thanks everyone,

Im likeing all the name given, and I appreciate all comments on the names.

I like ismael and Ibrahim also so they are a possiblility.

I have a strong feeling that me and husband will decided on Yousuf for our little son. Its so strange that Im already thinking about more kids, and Im still pregnant with our first :giggling:

I also like ahmed, hussein and hassan but they have been taken by family, so I dont want to copy. Its hard finding a name which hasnt been taken by a family member, especially when I grew up with 6 sisters, and Im the youngest.

Im just over 17 weeks now, so just over 4 months. Im due In April, and I cant wait to see our little miracle. :D I love him so much already!

Thanks for all your comments, means alot to me. Wish everyone best of luck in life inshaAllah

*~Sofia~*
11-22-2007, 01:40 PM
:sl: sister :)

Congratulations sister, on both ur marriage and ur pregnancy, wiked news :D the ummah will be stronger by one :D:D
Regarding the names...

1. Yousuf - love this name.. my fav
2.Aayan
3.Aidan
4.Aydin
5.Deen
6.Kareem
7.Keyann
8.Kaysan
9.Kasim - my nana's name! :lol: and my nana is the most kindest man i'll ever meet!

10.Rayan - sweet name, my distant cuz's name i think it's a gate in heaven? :)

11.sami
12.Shayan - not too keen on these last two names.. sorry :X

2-8 are nice names, unusal. I havn't ever heard of em.. so if u do name ur son one of these, it will deffo be unique! :coolious:

I personally love the names: Ali, Hamza, Zakariya, Yahya, Huzaifah, Ehsan You can see the love for the letter Z :lol:

Neway, may Allah (swt) make the pregnancy an easy one, and bless you with a beautful and healthy son who will be the apple of ur eye inshallah :D

Let us know what name you and ur husband decide to choose.

W'salam sis
x

------
11-22-2007, 02:52 PM
:salamext:

Ali
Usamah
Hassan
Hussain
Abdul Majid
Abdullah
Umair
Hamzah
Ibrahim

:D

Umm_Qaylah
11-23-2007, 05:51 AM
As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaah,

Mabrook on the bundle of joy you will soon be receiving, Insha-Allaah. I hope that he grows up to stand by the Haq and that Allaah grants you many more pious little muslims. Aameen.

Now, moving on to the naming busienss:

1. Youssef - This is a beautiful name Masha-Allaah but way too many people have it.
2.Aayan - I never heard of this, what does it mean?
10.Rayan- This is my nephew's name and SubHana-Allaah, I am still obsessed with it. Its a beautiful name.

Mohammad - This is probably one name that could never be overrated. A name that was chosen by Allaah. Masha-Allaah. You can perhaps make this the baby's middle name if you choose upon something else as the first name. That is what we did with my nephews :D.

I also love the following names:

Ilyaas
Ishaaq
Ibraheem
'Abdur-Rahman
Khaleel
Aymen
Saleh
Musa
Zakarriyah

format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4
:salamext:

Ali
Usamah
Hassan
Hussain
Abdul Majid
Abdullah
Umair
Hamzah
Ibrahim

:D
I can imagine how you came up with those names, Masha-Allaah. lol

Was-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaah

amina_21
11-23-2007, 09:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Qaylah
As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaah,

Mabrook on the bundle of joy you will soon be receiving, Insha-Allaah. I hope that he grows up to stand by the Haq and that Allaah grants you many more pioud little muslims. Aameen.

Now, moving on to the naming busienss:

1. Youssef - This is a beautiful name Masha-Allaah but way too many people have it.
2.Aayan - I never heard of this, what does it mean?
10.Rayan- This is my nephew's name and SubHana-Allaah, I am still obsessed with it. Its a beautiful name.

Mohammad - This is probably one name that could never be overrated. A named that was chosen by Allaah. Masha-Allaah. You can perhaps make this the baby's middle name if you choose upon something else as the first name. That is what we did with my nephews :D.

I also love the following names:

Ilyaas
Ishaaq
Ibraheem
'Abdur-Rahman
Khaleel
Aymen
Saleh
Musa
Zakarriyah

I can imagine how you came up with those names, Masha-Allaah. lol

Was-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaah

Thank you alot,

The name Aayan means Gods Gift, I found it on the net, and it sounded nice. But im still leaning towards Yousuf, Im staying in egypt with my husband for the moment, but Im from and I live in Uk, so to me the name Yousuf is not so common.
The more common names in egypt and in Uk, are Ali, abul, abdo, mohamed, Ahmed, Ibrahim, khalid, Rahman, mailk, yahia, these are just some of the few which are way too common.
So I liked something I havent seen so much of, so to me yousuf isnt so common, especially in UK. And thats where me and my husband will be living.

As for the name mohamed being in the middle, well my husbands middle name is mohamed, after his father, so My son inshaAllah will have the name also mohamed in his middl name, Just like his dad.

Inshallah my sons full name will be:

Yousuf Tamer Mohamed Ibrahim Mansour :smile:

I wouldnt have it as a first name, as most of my husbands family including his dad is called mohamed, and most people in UK, are mohamed. Its a wonderful name, I love it. So I know why people want to call there kids this name. But I guess I just love to be different. :shade:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.