/* */

PDA

View Full Version : new on here.. assalamu'alaikum to all my brothers and sisters in islam

rizwana_seth
11-22-2007, 11:40 PM
:sl:im new on here and really confused how to use this site.. wel il start of by introducing myself.. im rizwana from london and im 19.. but alhumdulillah the website looks great and very intresting aswel as very knowledgeable..and inshallah i hope i can get help from my brothers and sisters to come closer to my deen..i feel that i have drifted away from it being caught up in things that shouldnt have matterd to me and putting other things before my lord and my religion.. :cry: i wana get bak in to my deen but i jus find it so difficult like namaaz tymz il b like il pray later n i neva end up praying it n i forget dat allah can take my life away in a instant.. :( .. any1 have any advice for me plz do tel me i need all d advice n help i can get frm my brothers and sisters in islam.. look forward to hearing from you all soon takecare xx
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
11-22-2007, 11:42 PM
[MOUSE]welcome![/MOUSE]
i think you'll find people here are very supportive.

SATalha
11-22-2007, 11:45 PM
Assalamualaikum Sister, welcome to the forum.

Trust me the people are very supportive any Questions just FIRE away

Tilmeez
11-23-2007, 07:37 AM
:Welcome: onboard sister.
i don't see any of your post after this one!
WHAT ARE U WAITING FOR!!! come one browse the forums as per your requirement and post the questions where you feel like asking!
have a nice and beneficial stay here :inshallah:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nadia85
11-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Salam sis how r u?Welcome here

jouju
11-23-2007, 10:19 AM
waaleykum salaam ukhty lillah

Wecome

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
11-23-2007, 12:14 PM
:sl:

:w:

rizwana_seth
11-24-2007, 12:25 AM
jazakallah sis.. im good thanxs how bout urself?

rizwana_seth
11-24-2007, 12:28 AM
jazakallah evry1 for makin me feel welcomed its nyc of u all.. hmm i was wondering if sum1 cud help me out.. i wana do istikhara and ask allah for his help n i no dis sounds bad n i no allah knows best but im scared of wat the ansa is gna b and i was wondering if i like sum1 alot and i was to do istikhara nw wud it effect d ansa i get frm allah.. jazakallah x

Muslim Woman
11-24-2007, 01:04 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by rizwana_seth
.. i wana do istikhara
that's good :okay:

the procudure was posted in the forum...InshaAllah i will try to find out

in short , offer 2 rakat nafat namaz before sleep. Offer dua like this : O Allah , if this is good for my this life & hereafter , then grant it & make it easy for me . If it's not good for me , then keep it away from me & grant what is good .

Al_Imaan
11-25-2007, 12:19 AM
:welcome: to the forum. Hope you have a beneficial stay.

snakelegs
11-25-2007, 01:16 AM
for istikharah prayer:
http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...-guidance.html

Muslim Woman
11-25-2007, 01:39 AM

ok ..though i little bit late :(

i found it :)

Istikharah

According to Quran and Sunnah

WWW.MUTTAQUN.COM

Hadith - al-Tirmidhi # 2151. [Classed as saheeh by al-Haakim, 1/699, and al-Dhahabi agreed with him.

It was classed as hasan by al-Haafiz ibn Hajar in Fath al-Baari, 11/184]

The happiness of the son of Adam depends on his being content with what Allah has decreed for him, and the misery of the son of Adam results from his failure to pray istikharah, and the misery of the son of Adam results from in his discontent with what Allah has decreed for him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make the prayer of Istikharah (say: iss-teh-KHAR-uh), one should pray two non-fard (non-obligatory) rakat (units) of prayer, even if they are of the regular sunnah prayers or a prayer for entering the mosque, and so on, during any time of the day or night.

One should recite in them whatever one wishes of the Qur'an, after reciting al-Fatihah. Then one should praise Allah and invoke blessings upon the Prophet, peace be upon him.

After this one should supplicate to Allah. Jabir Ibn 'Abdullah has reported the following supplication from the Prophet, peace be upon him, when he related,

"The Prophet, peace be upon him, taught us how to make Istikharah in all (our) affairs, just as he taught us various surahs of the Qur'an. He told us, 'If anyone of you considers doing something he should offer a two-rak'at prayer other than the obligatory prayers, and then say (after the prayer),

"Allahumma inni astakhiruka bi'ilmika. wa astaqdiruka bi-qudratika, wa as'aluka min fadlika al-azimfa-innaka taqdiru wala aqdiru, wa ta'lamu wala a ' lamu, wa anta 'allamu-l-ghuyub.

Allahumma, in kunta ta' lamu anna hadhaI-amra khairun lifi dini wa ma'ashi wa aqibati amri (or 'ajili amri wa'ajilihi) f aqdirhu li wa yas-sirhu li thumma barik li fihi, wa in kunta ta'llamu anna hadha-l-amra sharrun lifi dini wa ma'ashi wa-aqibati amri (orfi'ajili amri wa ajilihi) fasrifhu anni was-rifni'anhu.

Wa aqdir li al-khaira haithu kana thumma ardini bihi"

O Allah ! I ask guidance from Your knowledge, and Power from Your Might and I ask for Your great blessings. You are capable and I am not. You know and I do not and You know the unseen.

O Allah! If You know that this thing is good for my din and my subsistence and for my Hereafter - (or say, If it is better for my present and later needs) - then ordain it for me and make it easy for me to obtain, and then bless me in it.

If You know that this thing is harmful to me in my din and subsistence and in the Hereafter--(or say, If it is worse for my present and later needs)--then keep it away from me, and keep me away from it. And ordain for me whatever is good for me, and make me satisfied with it

The Prophet, may peace be upon him, added that then the person should mention his need."

There is nothing authentic concerning anything specific that is to be recited in the prayer nor is there any authentic report concerning how many times one should repeat it.

An-Nawawi holds that "after making istikharah, a person must do what he is wholeheartedly inclined to do and feels good about doing and should not insist on doing what he had desired to do before making the istikharah.

And if his feelings change, he should leave what he had intended to do, for otherwise he is not leaving the choice to Allah, and would not be honest in seeking aid from Allah's power and knowledge. Sincerity in seeking Allah's choice, means that one should completely abandon what one desired oneself."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.