/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Meet the Taliban!

Chechnya
11-23-2007, 12:31 AM
NOTE: all of the following post has been copied and pasted form another forum. I have seen the video though and i reccomed it to everyone :thumbs_up

------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=H_F29PxYTck

Please watch the above video.

this is a well known independent french TV news channel that went with the taliban.

Here are some of the highlights of this interview:

1. The Taliban are pro-education. They show a full-fledged school for boys and are currently working on one for the girls. Right now, they have established a religious School for the girls and they are taught by a Shaykh.

2. The Taliban have nothing to do with Iran. In fact, when they were asked about where they get their large supplies of IED’s, they hinted that it was China.

3. The Taliban are expecting the US to attack Iran.

4. The weapons of the Taliban also come from ‘Iraaq.

5. Many Mujaahideen from ‘Iraaq come to train and fight in Afghanistan.

6. The Taliban have a stronghold which is vast.

7. The population is supporting the Taliban and without their help, the Taliban would have nowhere to go.

8. This French journalist (who is a female) was treated kindly and the Taliban took all precautions to protect her as well as to feed her.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
11-24-2007, 01:40 PM
thread Approved

Muslim Knight
11-24-2007, 01:46 PM
I hate to ask this question but somehow I must confront it and come out clean or forever I will be plagued by uncomfortable notion that an Islamic organization is doing unIslamic things.

I have heard stories about Taliban officials pulling men out of their homes by their beards to force them to masjids and penalize those who don't grow beards. Inviting people to the mosque is certainly a great idea but forcing them falls short of the idea of having no compulsion in religion.

Am I wrong or am I listening too much to exaggerated reports?

Chechnya
11-24-2007, 01:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
I hate to ask this question but somehow I must confront it and come out clean or forever I will be plagued by uncomfortable notion that an Islamic organization is doing unIslamic things.

I have heard stories about Taliban officials pulling men out of their homes by their beards to force them to masjids and penalize those who don't grow beards. Inviting people to the mosque is certainly a great idea but forcing them falls short of the idea of having no compulsion in religion.

Am I wrong or am I listening too much to exaggerated reports?
watch the video - even this western female reporter found it hard to say a bad word about them

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Suomipoika
11-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Another propaganda piece from the westophobic middle east controlled media.

Bae Hyeong-guy and Shim Seong-min met Taleban too.

Woodrow
11-24-2007, 02:13 PM
I have seen many conflicting reports about the Taliban. I suspect that not everybody who wears the name of Taliban belong to the same thing. I suspect there is considerable difference as to who calls themselves Taliban in different parts of the world.

I doubt if you will find much similarities between Taliban in:

Canada--Chechnya---Iran---Saudi Arabia---Afghanistan---etc

It seems only the name is the common denominator.

NoName55
11-24-2007, 02:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suomipoika
Another propaganda piece from the westophobic middle east controlled media.

Bae Hyeong-guy and Shim Seong-min met Taleban too.
may I say:

this could be "another rant from a Muslim hater" to diminish the thread!

edit: before starting to act all innocent and reporting this, consider your past posts and generalizing and stereotyping of Muslims every where

north_malaysian
11-24-2007, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chechnya
8. This French journalist (who is a female) was treated kindly and the Taliban took all precautions to protect her as well as to feed her.
Yvonne Ridley too...

wilberhum
11-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Why would I want to meet the Taliban?

Not to much in the mood to be treated like they did the Koreans.
Or the truck drivers they beheaded the other day because they belonged to the other sect.

But then that just me.

Muslim Knight
11-24-2007, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I have seen many conflicting reports about the Taliban. I suspect that not everybody who wears the name of Taliban belong to the same thing. I suspect there is considerable difference as to who calls themselves Taliban in different parts of the world.

I doubt if you will find much similarities between Taliban in:

Canada--Chechnya---Iran---Saudi Arabia---Afghanistan---etc

It seems only the name is the common denominator.
Are you saying there are probably several types of Taliban in the world?

Suomipoika
11-24-2007, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
may I say:

this could be "another rant from a Muslim hater" to diminish the thread!
Only Taleban and the middle east controlled media hater that displays all sorts of propaganda to make Europeans and Americans look bad.

Just recently Taleban kidnapped and beheaded unarmed aid workers, conviniently forgotten in this propaganda piece.

edit: before starting to act all innocent and reporting this, consider your past posts and generalizing and stereotyping of Muslims every where
Are you confusing me with someone else? When have I streotyped and generalized muslims? To be honest I just wanted to test how it feels to argue like some people here who blame everything on western media conspiracy and all the negative news or news they dont like are just blatand propaganda and lie. Apparently all you need to do is replace West with Middle East and you become muslim hater.

wilberhum
11-24-2007, 02:47 PM
I will speak up since his meaning is obvious.

Within large groups there will be a mix of people. Some of the good and some of them bad.

Woodrow
11-24-2007, 02:50 PM
I am saying that not everybody who calls themselves Taliban are Taliban. To be honest I really do not know who would be the true Taliban. Some groups I hear about seem to be truly following Islam and others seem to be using the name Taliban but not acting as Muslims.

NoName55
11-24-2007, 02:54 PM
since most people of the world are not familiar with our language, someone should invent a new word for student

Talib-e-ilm or talib meant something else in my day now it is used to describe different gangs and groups.

when any students in America or any other country go berserk and kill teachers/ classmates, no one links it to the last incident at all but when Pakistani or Afghan students commit a crime or go on marches it is All Taleban/students that dun it!!!!

Woodrow
11-24-2007, 03:06 PM
since most people of the world are not familiar with our language, someone should invent a new word for student

Talib-e-ilm or talib meant something else in my day now it is used to describe different gangs and groups.

when any students in America or any other country go berserk and kill teachers/ classmates, no one links it to the last incident at all but when Pakistani or Afghan students commit a crime or go on marches it is All Taleban/students that dun it!!!!
Thanks for the reminder. Talib is simply the word for student. all Students are Taliban. It would even be a valid translation to say that all American University students are Taliban.

Now, for a particular Organization called Taliban, I suspect there may be many such groups and some may be good and some may be bad. The name is too General and a large number of groups can be translated as being Taliban.

NoName55
11-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Only Taleban and the middle east controlled media hater that displays all sorts of propaganda to make Europeans and Americans look bad.

Just recently Taleban kidnapped and beheaded unarmed aid workers, conviniently forgotten in this propaganda piece.

Are you confusing me with someone else? When have I streotyped and generalized muslims? To be honest I just wanted to test how it feels to argue like some people here who blame everything on western media conspiracy and all the negative news or news they dont like are just blatand propaganda and lie. Apparently all you need to do is replace West with Middle East and you become muslim hater.
most definitely not! each and every time all argumentative posts between you and me get deleted (but I make notes of my posts/arguments as reminders)

Suomipoika
11-24-2007, 03:24 PM
most definitely not! each and every time all posts between you and me got deleted (but I make notes of my posts/arguments as reminders)
Now Im pretty sure you are confusing me with someone else or just making stuff up. Im quite certain I havent had any of my posts deleted.

Actually now I think your earlier claims are just false and its my time to start ignoring you.

NoName55
11-24-2007, 03:28 PM
LOL you had to seach forums to see if there was any still remaining before posting this.

I just love "who is online" feature! (you can make yourself invisible in profile then I would be disabled from seeing when you report a post or are searching)

Keltoi
11-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Wow, I thought the Taliban were an extreme fundamentalist group who liked to beat women and behead those that don't accept their version of Islam. This video has really set me straight. They are good and wonderful guys who only want to build petting zoos and a wonderful learning environment for children. I feel so dumb for buying in to all the lies about these heroic people.

Sarcasm ended....

Chechnya
11-24-2007, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Wow, I thought the Taliban were an extreme fundamentalist group who liked to beat women and behead those that don't accept their version of Islam. This video has really set me straight. They are good and wonderful guys who only want to build petting zoos and a wonderful learning environment for children. I feel so dumb for buying in to all the lies about these heroic people.

Sarcasm ended....
which taliban beat women? how many? when did it happen? *expecting the same few pictures used by every anti-taliban person on the net*

please expand

as for killing those traitors who joined the invader armies - i believe even western countries have laws where traitors can be given the death penalty

and for someone who advocates torture, its odd to find him so against a beating :giggling:

wilberhum
11-24-2007, 08:15 PM
which taliban beat women? how many? when did it happen? *expecting the same few pictures used by every anti-taliban person on the net*

please expand

as for killing those traitors who joined the invader armies - i believe even western countries have laws where traitors can be given the death penalty

and for someone who advocates torture, its odd to find him so against a beating :giggling:
Have a read on A Jew defends the Taliban, by telling the Truth.
There is a lot of information there.

Or just so a search. You know do a little research and find out for your self.

Any information we provide, you will just dismiss it as "Western Press" even if it comes from the Middle East Press. :hmm:

IbnAbdulHakim
11-24-2007, 08:21 PM
subhanAllaah !

May Allaah grant them victory, may Allaah keep them upon haq !

by the way whos the sheikh?!

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakaatuhu

this thread is hope and warmth for the heart, jazakAllaahu khair brother thread opener, i love you for the sake of Allaah !

wilberhum
11-24-2007, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
subhanAllaah !

May Allaah grant them victory, may Allaah keep them upon haq !

by the way whos the sheikh?!

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakaatuhu

this thread is hope and warmth for the heart, jazakAllaahu khair brother thread opener, i love you for the sake of Allaah !
Why would god give victory to that misogynistic group?

snakelegs
11-24-2007, 09:16 PM
there wasn't a whole lot of new information in the video. the main thing i found interesting is that they said that the russians treated them and their culture with respect (unlike the americans) and did not try to humiliate them.
this surprised me.
i do think there is quite a bit of back-and-forth these days between afghanistan and iraq.

Keltoi
11-24-2007, 11:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
there wasn't a whole lot of new information in the video. the main thing i found interesting is that they said that the russians treated them and their culture with respect (unlike the americans) and did not try to humiliate them.
this surprised me.
i do think there is quite a bit of back-and-forth these days between afghanistan and iraq.
So, the Russians who completely demolished the infrastructure of Afghanistan and killed thousands of more Afghans in two years than the U.S. has in 5 years had more "respect" for Afghans than the Americans who "humiliate" them. As soon as I heard this line I knew I was being sold a bill of goods.

snakelegs
11-24-2007, 11:04 PM
So, the Russians who completely demolished the infrastructure of Afghanistan and killed thousands of more Afghans in two years than the U.S. has in 5 years had more "respect" for Afghans than the Americans who "humiliate" them. As soon as I heard this line I knew I was being sold a bill of goods.
yeah... i thought this was a bit weird also. i wouldn't expect the russians to be any more respectful than we are and probably even less.
as far as i know, they were horrible in afghanistan, as they are in chechnya.

barney
11-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Jut wondering, if the Taliban,(I.E the rulers of Afganistan pre-2001) are really blessed by Allah, How come he let them get utterly whipped by Muslims they outnumbered 4-1 (the northen Alliance) and about 250 US Special Forces?

Surely the Heavily outnumbered Northen Alliance have been granted a Miracle and the support of Allah in toppeling their regime. (Or is it a "test" of their faith! :)

Chechnya
11-25-2007, 01:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Jut wondering, if the Taliban,(I.E the rulers of Afganistan pre-2001) are really blessed by Allah, How come he let them get utterly whipped by Muslims they outnumbered 4-1 (the northen Alliance) and about 250 US Special Forces?

Surely the Heavily outnumbered Northen Alliance have been granted a Miracle and the support of Allah in toppeling their regime. (Or is it a "test" of their faith! :)

Allah (swt) always tests the believers - even the prophat (saw) was tested with many hardships this is a test

as for "utterly whipped" - i see you know nothing of tactics or guerilla warfare - withdrawal from major cities was carried out because their wasnt enough firepower to defend them, better of to let the armies come in and then fight them

a good example of this withdrawal and then retaking of cities tactic can be seen in the russo-chechen war of 1994-96, read up about it to know what awaits foreign forces in afghanistan :thumbs_up

snakelegs
11-25-2007, 01:21 AM
chechnya,
can you comment on the statement in the video that the russians treated them and their culture with respect?
i found that a bit strange, as i think you would too, since you have some first hand experience with the russians.

Chechnya
11-25-2007, 01:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
chechnya,
can you comment on the statement in the video that the russians treated them and their culture with respect?
i found that a bit strange, as i think you would too, since you have some first hand experience with the russians.
well i dont have experience with russians but if i remember correctly, it was the issue of the treatment of women he was refering too - in afghan culture (like all muslim cultures almost), a non-mahram man does not touch your wife, your sister, your daughter or any woman in your family

apparently the foreign troops in afghainstan dont respect this - esp. when carrying out searches - but im pretty sure the ruskies didnt respect that either so the only thing i can think of is that this current batch of fighters were to young to fight in the soviet war and hence do not know too much of what was carried out in that time

certainly i cannot not imagine any russian army treating any foreign women (or indeed their own) with respect - from nazi germany to chechnya, rape has been an acceptable method of warfare for russians

snakelegs
11-25-2007, 01:30 AM
you're probably right. i can't imagine the russians being any better than the americans on this (and proabably worse).
that was the only thing that struck me odd about the video.

al-muslimah
11-28-2007, 11:47 PM
Wow, I thought the Taliban were an extreme fundamentalist group who liked to beat women and behead those that don't accept their version of Islam. This video has really set me straight. They are good and wonderful guys who only want to build petting zoos and a wonderful learning environment for children. I feel so dumb for buying in to all the lies about these heroic people.---keltoi

And I always thought American gov are evil and killed innocent people and brand them as terrorists and massacre poor civilians and want to wipe out the name of Islam but oh they are good loving people who want establish DEMOCRACY Iin the Middle East and bring peace to the world.Silly me.

Sarcasm ended..............

wilberhum
11-28-2007, 11:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-muslimah
Wow, I thought the Taliban were an extreme fundamentalist group who liked to beat women and behead those that don't accept their version of Islam. This video has really set me straight. They are good and wonderful guys who only want to build petting zoos and a wonderful learning environment for children. I feel so dumb for buying in to all the lies about these heroic people.---keltoi

And I always thought American gov are evil and killed innocent people and brand them as terrorists and massacre poor civilians and want to wipe out the name of Islam but oh they are good loving people who want establish DEMOCRACY Iin the Middle East and bring peace to the world.Silly me.

Sarcasm ended..............
The "silly you" comes into play when you thank any group is all good or all bad.

The fact that the Taliban has done some good things does not mean they haven't "beat women and behead those that don't accept their version of Islam".

islamiii
11-29-2007, 12:01 AM
today is u follow islam u will be delear taliban

Whatsthepoint
11-29-2007, 12:02 AM
Al-muslimah, dear. There's a button on the bottom of every post called "quote". Try it out!

wilberhum
11-29-2007, 12:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamiii
:uuh::uuh::uuh::uuh::uuh::uuh::uuh::uuh::uuh::uuh:

islamiii
11-29-2007, 12:03 AM
sorry
Today if u follow islam u will be named as taliban

al-muslimah
11-29-2007, 12:05 AM
that is so true.

wilberhum
11-29-2007, 12:07 AM
sorry
Today if u follow islam u will be named as taliban
Not true. I think you must suffer from a percussion complex.

al-muslimah
11-29-2007, 12:10 AM
Not true. I think you must suffer from a percussion complex.--wilberhumm

Do u wilber?? Just wondering.

islamiii
11-29-2007, 12:10 AM
Not true. I think you must suffer from a percussion complex.

compleX of what ???????????
this is word which only use by anti islamic forces to get their aim
actually these forces have complex

al-muslimah
11-29-2007, 12:13 AM
It is true any Muslim today who says something about shariah or jihad or the TRUTH of Islam not the modernistic views
of those so called scholars and people of knowledge or should i say hypocrites who are nothing but modrenists and secularists , you will be branded as a frndaamenalist or terrorist.

Whatsthepoint
11-29-2007, 12:18 AM
My 82-year-old neighbor sufers from percussion complex. She keeps telling me there are drums everywhere and she can't stand it anymore.. She makes great turkey though.

wilberhum
11-29-2007, 12:18 AM
Not true. I think you must suffer from a percussion complex.--wilberhumm

Do u wilber?? Just wondering.
Why would I suffer from a percussion complex?

A usual symptom is to calm your problems are based on fallacies.

Most of my problems are self inflected. Most of my country’s problems are self inflected to.

Not hardly sitting around blaming everyone else for my/our problems.

And crying "No body likes me cause I'm an American". Boo Hoo. :uuh:

compleX of what ???????????
this is word which only use by anti islamic forces to get their aim
actually these forces have complex
See, that is exactly what I was talking about. Now " percussion complex" = "anti islamic forces ".
What a perfect example.

al-muslimah
11-29-2007, 12:23 AM

Most of my problems are self inflected. Most of my country’s problems are self inflected to.

And crying "No body likes me cause I'm an American". Boo Hoo.---Wilberhum

Good then don't tell others they do.

wilberhum
11-29-2007, 12:29 AM

And crying "No body likes me cause I'm an American". Boo Hoo.---Wilberhum

Good then don't tell others they do.
You really need to learn how to push the Quote button in the bottom right hand corner of the post you want to quote.

[S]But back on topic.[/S] The fact that I'm not bald does not stop me from recognizing the condition.

islamiii
11-29-2007, 12:34 AM
why
USA is using his power to kill innocent in Afghanistan ?????
USA is using his power to kill innocent in iraq ???
Or u think that they are not innocent specially children and women?????
Why they have problum with ppl in pakistan called them taliban ????????
____

wilberhum
11-29-2007, 12:45 AM
why
That a long story, why don't you start a New Thread?
That a another long story, why don't you start a New Thread?

Many are innocent. That happens in war. Not a good thing but not a new thing either. But I don't take the OBL line and say there are "No Innocentrs".
Why they have problum with ppl in pakistan called them taliban ????????
Not sure what you mean. Not all Pakistani's are Taliban and not all Taliban are Pakistani.____
So, new threads for things that have nothing to do with this thread.
And for the Taliban, if you explaine more/better, I will try to respond.
(But I'm off now. so it may not be till tomorow)

islamiii
11-29-2007, 12:57 AM
where is taliban in pakistan these are not new threads . u right these are long story for u it is a story coz u was not a character of this stroy but for other who suffer coz this stroy are also human . if u consider them human .usa ruined the whole afghanistan in the name taliban but did he killed them all no ?????
every stroy have end but this stroy is endless coz this not for taliban . taliban is veil which is used by west , this stroy will countiue till last muslim remain on earth .

wilberhum
11-29-2007, 05:42 PM
where is taliban in pakistan these are not new threads . u right these are long story for u it is a story coz u was not a character of this stroy but for other who suffer coz this stroy are also human . if u consider them human .usa ruined the whole afghanistan in the name taliban but did he killed them all no ?????
every stroy have end but this stroy is endless coz this not for taliban . taliban is veil which is used by west , this stroy will countiue till last muslim remain on earth .
It is always convent to ignore cause and effect.

OBL declared war on the US. He coordinated multiple attacks.
The Taliban in Afghanistan protected OBL.

End result, the Taliban is attacked.

snakelegs
11-29-2007, 07:36 PM
where is taliban in pakistan
busy waging war against the pakistani government.

Woodrow
11-30-2007, 02:24 AM
This thread is getting overly heated. please cool things down and do not use the threads as a venue for exchanging personal opinions about other members.

al-muslimah
12-02-2007, 03:14 AM
why
Why they have problum with ppl in pakistan called them taliban ???????? ----islamii

Yup thats what they are doing.

Dawud_uk
12-02-2007, 09:23 AM
mashallah,

good to see the mujahadeen doing so well and so without the asabiyyah prevelent in so much of the ummah.

may Allah swt make the mujahadeen successful in afghanistan so they can begin to help their brothers around the world once again.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Dawud_uk
12-02-2007, 09:56 AM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdr1Zh4IPOs

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=THmdxMq83JE

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0s7dI5MMB5U

al-muslimah
12-02-2007, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
You really need to learn how to push the Quote button in the bottom right hand corner of the post you want to quote.

[S]But back on topic.[/S] The fact that I'm not bald does not stop me from recognizing the condition.

Oh I am sorry i forgot you are still dead asleep. U really need to wake up wilber.

barney
12-04-2007, 09:19 PM
http://www.stormpages.com/talibanfun/bin2.swf

Old one but a goodie.
Both sides should appreciate it :)

al-muslimah
12-05-2007, 03:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
mashallah,

good to see the mujahadeen doing so well and so without the asabiyyah prevelent in so much of the ummah.

may Allah swt make the mujahadeen successful in afghanistan so they can begin to help their brothers around the world once again.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah
Ameen may Allah give them immence victory they are a huge baraka for this ummah and have encouraged many of the other jihads worldwide today.Thats where Shaykh Abdullah Azzam's best books came out, thats where the great commander of the chechens Ameer Khattab started his jihad at age 17, thats where Abu Ysuf al uyayri, Abu Hamza, and Abu Musab Az-zarqawi(RH)
started out as mujahids first.What a blessed land Afghanistan is.Mashallah.

barney
12-05-2007, 09:59 AM
It is fascinating to see the extremes these guys provoke.

On the one hand you have a pious group of simple living holy men, wrapped in white linin,riding white horses, doing charitable deeds and rightiously smiting the aggressive oil-bloated godless baby murdering forigners in order to return Afganistan to the peace and tranquility it was living in before 2001.
And to back this image , you have interveiws with them saying that "this is what we do"

And on the other hand you have a bunch of Woman whipping, headchopping, marketplace slaughtering fanatics bent on destruction of a free Aghanistan who deliberatly target innocents in the cruelest way they can think of, bolstered by thousands of Jihad-happy Iranians Syrians and palastinians.
And to back this image you have thousands of graves and the testement of hundreds of thousands of Afganis

Dawud_uk
12-05-2007, 11:40 AM
It is fascinating to see the extremes these guys provoke.

On the one hand you have a pious group of simple living holy men, wrapped in white linin,riding white horses, doing charitable deeds and rightiously smiting the aggressive oil-bloated godless baby murdering forigners in order to return Afganistan to the peace and tranquility it was living in before 2001.
And to back this image , you have interveiws with them saying that "this is what we do"

And on the other hand you have a bunch of Woman whipping, headchopping, marketplace slaughtering fanatics bent on destruction of a free Aghanistan who deliberatly target innocents in the cruelest way they can think of, bolstered by thousands of Jihad-happy Iranians Syrians and palastinians.
And to back this image you have thousands of graves and the testement of hundreds of thousands of Afganis
lol.

this post is quite funny. you are joking right? cos i cant believe anyone would be so ignorant of the facts as to post this seriously.

iranians, syrians and palastinians?

ok sheikh abdullah azzam was palastinian but your list of foreign jihadis only shows a wish list of the countries the US and its allies hate the most, but in truth most of them come from saudi, yemen and lebanon, the wests chief allies.

you have a serious lack of knowledge on the issues at hand so i advice you go educate yourself and then come back and join the discussion.

Abu Abdullah

barney
12-05-2007, 01:55 PM
The Taliban are propped up by a whole slew of countries. Their reinforcements come from Britain and America as well. I wasnt saying Syria or Iran exclusively, although Iran acts as a ferry service into the country, any country can and does provide support, because the support comes from Jihadistic muslims.

I'm perfectly well educated on the matter thanks.

islamirama
12-05-2007, 03:49 PM
NOTE: all of the following post has been copied and pasted form another forum. I have seen the video though and i reccomed it to everyone :thumbs_up

this is a well known independent french TV news channel that went with the taliban.

1. The Taliban are pro-education. They show a full-fledged school for boys and are currently working on one for the girls. Right now, they have established a religious School for the girls and they are taught by a Shaykh.

2. The Taliban have nothing to do with Iran. In fact, when they were asked about where they get their large supplies of IED’s, they hinted that it was China.

7. The population is supporting the Taliban and without their help, the Taliban would have nowhere to go.

May Allah bless the brothers with victory over the kuffars and return Muslim land back in their hands. Ameen!

al-muslimah
12-05-2007, 05:34 PM
The Taliban are propped up by a whole slew of countries. Their reinforcements come from Britain and America as well. I wasnt saying Syria or Iran exclusively, although Iran acts as a ferry service into the country, any country can and does provide support, because the support comes from Jihadistic muslims.

Well educated huh? very funny.Even the kids in Palestin who throw rocks are scholars comparde to your statement!!:?

al-muslimah
12-05-2007, 05:35 PM

Well educated huh? very funny.Even the kids in Palestine who throw rocks are scholars compared to your statement!!:okay:

wilberhum
12-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Well educated huh? very funny.Even the kids in Palestine who throw rocks are scholars compared to your statement!!:okay:
The village idiot speaks again.

al-muslimah
12-05-2007, 06:01 PM
The village idiot speaks again.
Oh when did u wake up?

islamirama
12-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Oh when did u wake up?
:bravo::haha:

wilberhum
12-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Oh when did u wake up?
But you have never woken up.

al-muslimah
12-05-2007, 06:32 PM
But you have never woken up.

Really? you still seem asleep couldn't tell.

Jayda
12-05-2007, 07:58 PM

hola,

this was jarring for me to watch... my husband is an intelligence officer and is in Afghanistan and Iraq most of the year. he is at law school and at war so much his children do not really know him...

it was interesting though. i was struck not only by their willingness to speak frankly, but also how eager they seemed to talk. the taliban seemed very principled, very lucid, very clear about what they want and practical about how they want to get it.

i see they learned a lot from the russians... it was interesting how fresh the russian wars were in their minds, almost like they considered the US to be a continuation of that war. i was troubled to see the taliban walking in and among the young students so freely... it reminded me of the way drug dealers or the mafia control neighborhoods and while they seem to encourage academic achievement and other good things, they are really recruiting.

the fedeyi did say he wanted his children to go to school including his daughers, that surprised me. the taliban also said a lot of things about respecting afghani culture, and they did not object to the singing of the national anthem

i think if anything this puts a more human face on the taliban for me, which is even more frightening... it means that when they kidnap people or do suicide bombings, when they were beating women with cable chords and executing people in the street, they did so because they chose to.

que Dios te bendiga

Belief_is_Power
12-11-2007, 08:40 PM
folks please keep an open mind. The Taliban are brave and sometimes stupid but brave. They are not the ogers that bush portrayes them as.

wilberhum
12-11-2007, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Belief_is_Power
folks please keep an open mind. The Taliban are brave and sometimes stupid but brave. They are not the ogers that bush portrayes them as.
Brave? Of course they are brave. Bravery and honor are not sonorous.

They are brave drug running misogynous kidnapping killers.

There is no need to rely on what Bush think, all you need to do is read the news.

Jayda
12-11-2007, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Belief_is_Power
i am an openminded person, but like the taliban i have principles. and the taliban violates them... so it is difficult for me to think of them or more specifically of their cause positively...i do not know about brave but i think the youtube presentation made them distinctly more human and portrayed them as practical and motivated by principled hatred... that's far more frightening than orgres... it means that when they take people as hostages or commit suicide bombings they are doing it because they decided to do it... and were not lead or mis lead as the case may be.

barney
12-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Apparently though....Bush controls the news....Through his state run media or something.

And he rigged the afgan elections to look as if the Afgan people diddnt love and adore their facist ex-rulers.

The You-tube presentation....Heck, if your doing a propaganda vidio for world opinion....you kinda skim over the beheadings and butchery and just put in stuff you think the outside world would like to see. Its not rocket science.

Jayda
12-11-2007, 09:31 PM
The You-tube presentation....Heck, if your doing a propaganda vidio for world opinion....you kinda skim over the beheadings and butchery and just put in stuff you think the outside world would like to see. Its not rocket science.
true... but that doesn't mean you can't learn something true about them. i don't feel like they misrepresented who they are or what they believed (or why), they just didn't talk about the beheadings and kidnappings... we can learn a lot about them from this video.

Resigned
12-12-2007, 02:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
true... but that doesn't mean you can't learn something true about them. i don't feel like they misrepresented who they are or what they believed (or why), they just didn't talk about the beheadings and kidnappings... we can learn a lot about them from this video.
EEEYUP. The Taliban are benevolent souls. Actually, once you look past the wanton murder, public executions, their hatred and revulsion of women, their complete lack of a moral compass and their embracing attitude toward people like Bin Laden, they were a fine lot.

NoName55
12-12-2007, 04:16 AM
this thread is becoming more full of trash by the every post that is made! wonder what the actual purpose of it's continuation is?

is any or all of you donors or something?

By the way when are you going to ask Bush to invade India for burying its daughters at birth or aborting them even before that? as you claim or imply that Afghanistan is under occupation due to injustices to women?

when are you trolls invading china for forcing parents to kill all newborns if they already have a child?

(why is any big country fought thru proxies?)

barney
12-12-2007, 07:07 AM
this thread is becoming more full of trash by the every post that is made! wonder what the actual purpose of it's continuation is?

is any or all of you donors or something?

By the way when are you going to ask Bush to invade India for burying its daughters at birth or aborting them even before that? as you claim or imply that Afghanistan is under occupation due to injustices to women?

when are you trolls invading china for forcing parents to kill all newborns if they already have a child?
Its if they have a female second child without a licence & It's disgusting for sure.

Sooooo, I can infer from your post that, You recognise vile behaviour....but because it's the Taliban that are doing it....you simply ask us to select a different group who's behaviour you deem as bad because theyre not muslim?
Sure: When the Chinese start killing thousands of our civilians and threatening our anhialation whilst chanting "Communism is the Greatest", perhaps "We" will.

LMAO. Why not just admit that the Pious Holy Men of the taliban are just a ragged bunch of blood crazed nutjobs and a disgrace to Islam.

Muslim Knight
12-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Its if they have a female second child without a licence & It's disgusting for sure.

Sooooo, I can infer from your post that, You recognise vile behaviour....but because it's the Taliban that are doing it....you simply ask us to select a different group who's behaviour you deem as bad because theyre not muslim?
Sure: When the Chinese start killing thousands of our civilians and threatening our anhialation whilst chanting "Communism is the Greatest", perhaps "We" will.
They have. Tiananmen Square.

Suomipoika
12-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Read again:

When the Chinese start killing thousands of our civilians and threatening our anhialation whilst chanting "Communism is the Greatest", perhaps "We" will.

ahsan28
12-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Why not just admit that the Pious Holy Men of the taliban are just a ragged bunch of blood crazed nutjobs and a disgrace to Islam.
What about the US and NATO busy dropping 1000 kgs bombs on civilians, as was done by the Israel in Lebanon, last year :embarrass

Suomipoika
12-12-2007, 12:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahsan28
What about the US and NATO busy dropping 1000 kgs bombs on civilians, as was done by the Israel in Lebanon, last year :embarrass
When in doubt, switch discussion to Israel.

Also, you should read this really good post:
http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...tml#post880472

NoName55
12-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Read again:
so why not admit that afghans are being punished to please the public who wanted revenge for the murders committed by saudi terrorists in usa instead of all this [edit] about helping afghan kids and women against them there evil taliban?

Suomipoika
12-12-2007, 01:52 PM
so why not admit that afghans are being punished to please the public who wanted revenge for the murders committed by saudi terrorists in usa instead of all this [edit] about helping afghan kids and women against them there evil taliban?
Because its not and never was meant as collectively punishing afghans. Its just another [edit] twist of words against the USA and evil west.

Helping afghan civilians against Taleban ended up being one of the positive by-products, but its by no means the reason why anyone sent troops there. The reason why USA is in Afghanistan was that the people who attacked USA were protected by the Taleban, not by the Saudis.

wilberhum
12-12-2007, 02:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahsan28
I always find it interesting when people look for some thing more evil to justify evil.

Jayda
12-12-2007, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Resigned
EEEYUP. The Taliban are benevolent souls. Actually, once you look past the wanton murder, public executions, their hatred and revulsion of women, their complete lack of a moral compass and their embracing attitude toward people like Bin Laden, they were a fine lot.
i said nothing of the sort...

barney
12-12-2007, 04:06 PM
i said nothing of the sort...
Right, so lets say we are having a conversation about Saddam Hussain.
I point out his slaughter of 350000 of his own people still under the desert sands. I say that the man was evil and disgusting.
You respond with " Ahh! But Hitler was WORSE!"

It's a really bad analogy, because Saddam is still a muslim, so you probably like him, and Hitler killed 6 million jews, (which you may think is wonderful....unless it's being used to boost sympathy for Iseral....In which case it diddnt happen!)

All you have to say here is "Yeah, sure, Killing kids deliberatly is not nice...it may be even a bit evil. I know that the Taliban love a bit of Flogging and beheading for no good reason, and I'm not in support of it

Regardless, The US and UK dropping 1000 lb bombs on military targets is utterly different from a crazed quran weilding lunatic blowing up schoolkids Deliberatly. Or indeed flying a few planes into buildings.

I have no doubts that The US has killed many civilians since 2001. I also have no doubts that they have tried to target those who they are fighting rather than just deliberatly killing the innocent.
This is something that you can never beleive because of a lifeime of being taught to hate us.
We dont hate you though...heck..the christians even LOVE you! Which is a bit gay to be honest , but theyre all actually really nice.
Take a step back from your hate, and look at the reasons for your troubles.

Jayda
12-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Right, so lets say we are having a conversation about Saddam Hussain.
I point out his slaughter of 350000 of his own people still under the desert sands. I say that the man was evil and disgusting.
You respond with " Ahh! But Hitler was WORSE!"

It's a really bad analogy, because Saddam is still a muslim, so you probably like him, and Hitler killed 6 million jews, (which you may think is wonderful....unless it's being used to boost sympathy for Iseral....In which case it diddnt happen!)

All you have to say here is "Yeah, sure, Killing kids deliberatly is not nice...it may be even a bit evil. I know that the Taliban love a bit of Flogging and beheading for no good reason, and I'm not in support of it

Regardless, The US and UK dropping 1000 lb bombs on military targets is utterly different from a crazed quran weilding lunatic blowing up schoolkids Deliberatly. Or indeed flying a few planes into buildings.

I have no doubts that The US has killed many civilians since 2001. I also have no doubts that they have tried to target those who they are fighting rather than just deliberatly killing the innocent.
This is something that you can never beleive because of a lifeime of being taught to hate us.
We dont hate you though...heck..the christians even LOVE you! Which is a bit gay to be honest , but theyre all actually really nice.
Take a step back from your hate, and look at the reasons for your troubles.
are you certain you meant to quote me? none of the things you are writing about applies to who i am or what i said...

barney
12-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Nope , not quoting you :)

Cognescenti
12-12-2007, 06:42 PM
The problem with the Taliban is that tragic birthmark they have. Their support for OBL makes them a target for the Right...their abyssmal treatment of women makes them a target for feminists and the Right....forcing medical students to amputate the hands of thieves in front of a crowd...oh dear....publicly shooting women in the back of the head with an assault rifle in the middle of a soccer stadium....ouch...and then there is the blowing up the Buddhist statue thing. That was the single greatest PR blunder of this century. Roll all this together and, for "Westerners", you have almost a caricature of evil. The poor dears really have nothing going for them West of the Bosporous. At least, with the Nazis, you could make the arguement that they dressed well.

Gary Larsen

The caption reads..."Bummer of a birthmark, Hal" :D

barney
12-12-2007, 08:06 PM
The Taliban have horses....and that gives them a certain "Medevial charm".

They will also have support from liberals who will scream "Troops out of Wherever" until they are calling for English troops to get out of Aldershot.

They also have the support of muslims who , no matter what the taliban do, how bad they are, they will either keep quiet, (as they did with Saddam) or support them, because they are Brothers being attacked by Godless scum.

Cognescenti
12-12-2007, 08:16 PM
The Taliban have horses....and that gives them a certain "Medevial charm"..
Good point. I forgot about the horses.

They will also have support from liberals who will scream "Troops out of Wherever" until they are calling for English troops to get out of Aldershot..
There is that small "war is not the answer" crowd who advocate meditation and pyramid power to solve all conflicts but we don't really hear too much "US out of Afghanistan" stuff in the US. In fact, the Left, in order to not appear to be peaceniks, often advocate a withdrawl from Iraq so we can fight the "real war" in Afghnistan.

They also have the support of muslims who , no matter what the taliban do, how bad they are, they will either keep quiet, (as they did with Saddam) or support them, because they are Brothers being attacked by Godless scum.
Of course. I did say West of the Bosporous. :smile:

Jayda
12-12-2007, 09:02 PM

They will also have support from liberals who will scream "Troops out of Wherever" until they are calling for English troops to get out of Aldershot.

but aren't you kind of hyperbolating small minorities... i don't think that the numbers of liberals who are simply antiwar, or the numbers of muslims who simply support people because they are muslim are significant enough that they have an effect on anything in the long run... i don't know... because i can't quantify either group... but it seems intuitive to me.

Jayda
12-12-2007, 09:08 PM
also, isn't that kind of slipping right back into the mentality that the taliban are drones (rather than people) mindlessly killing out of hatred, rather than people fighting pragmatically and motivated by principle (as the youtube video indicated)?

Keltoi
12-12-2007, 10:47 PM
also, isn't that kind of slipping right back into the mentality that the taliban are drones (rather than people) mindlessly killing out of hatred, rather than people fighting pragmatically and motivated by principle (as the youtube video indicated)?
They are motivated by a principle alright...kill anyone who defies their version of Islamic rule.

snakelegs
12-12-2007, 11:28 PM
who ever thought they were mindless drones in the first place?

Resigned
12-13-2007, 12:38 AM
They are motivated by a principle alright...kill anyone who defies their version of Islamic rule.
Right – and as we see with such regularity, the most numerous victims of the Taliban's totalitarian ideology are other muslims. If the consequences weren’t so dreadful it would be laughable to watch the defenders of the Taliban falling over themselves in a headlong rush to defend the indefensible..

I’d suggest to the “Talibums”; Let go of fear make a stand before God responsible for your actions, take responsibility and start thinking for yourselves, go back to first principles of right and wrong, take an objective look at all the world of mankind and how your ideologically sanctioned destruction of it is contrary to any principle of morality.

Resigned
12-13-2007, 01:04 AM

I might have used; full-blown whacked out, over the rainbow, ain't comin' back loopy… but OK… Medevial charm™ … we’ll go with that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.