/* */

PDA

View Full Version : would you be offended

Ummu Sufyaan
11-23-2007, 04:48 AM
:sl:
if, for arguments sake, that you never prayed, and one day allah guided you, and obviously, you begin to pray. then your family members look down upon you, and think that you practise a litle too much, etc. then a period of time passes and another of your family decides to start praying, and tey dont see it as 'over practising' then suddenly everyone wants to do pray. would you
a) be offended as they thought you were weird for practising it, but then when some else started, its perfectly normal.

b) be happy, because there could be loads of rewrds coming your way.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm_Qaylah
11-23-2007, 05:20 AM
As-Salaamu 'Alaykum,

B. WalHumdu-Lillaah.

'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuh

Malaikah
11-23-2007, 08:27 AM

Happy, of course!

jzcasejz
11-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Well I won't lie, at first I'll be a lil' bugged about:

then your family members look down upon you, and think that you practise a litle too much, etc.
But of course, in the end you have to be happy cos, they're all praying!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rozeena
11-23-2007, 08:55 AM
it would have2 b B. :sunny:

Danah
11-23-2007, 10:20 AM
for sure I will be happy, because I will know that allah make me lead them to satisfy that what I did was not too much. and they finally realized that

Woodrow
11-23-2007, 10:24 AM
:w:

C. It does not matter as long as I am doing my best to please Allaah(swt)

Ummu Sufyaan
11-23-2007, 10:25 AM
yeah, but wouldnt you offened that they looked down upon you but then someone else does it, its perfectly normal?

------
11-23-2007, 10:31 AM
:salamext:

Yeh I would be a bit offended, coz that’s not very nice that you look down on someone for being practicing. I’ve had lots of people look down on me coz I am practicing (Alhamdulillah), blah gotten used to it now lol.

But the real thing is, is that you get contentment in your heart from praying to Allaah swt, and seeing that others are following in your footsteps, Alhamdulillaah. :)

Ummu Sufyaan
11-23-2007, 10:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4
:salamext:

Yeh I would be a bit offended, coz that’s not very nice that you look down on someone for being practicing. I’ve had lots of people look down on me coz I am practicing (Alhamdulillah), blah gotten used to it now lol.

But the real thing is, is that you get contentment in your heart from praying to Allaah swt, and seeing that others are following in your footsteps, Alhamdulillaah. :)
lol. i dont mean looking down at someone for practising. its that they look down upon you, personally.

Woodrow
11-23-2007, 10:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
yeah, but wouldnt you offened that they looked down upon you but then someone else does it, its perfectly normal?

I have no concern if others look down upon me for any reason, the only concern is if I am doing it to please Allaah(swt) or to please myself.

How can the opinions of another bother me, if I am doing my best to please Allaah(swt)? I can not place my wants or the thoughts of others above my desire to please Allaah(swt). It is always a joy to see others trying to please Allaah(swt) it is of no matter what, why or who guided them.

Noor 13
11-23-2007, 03:30 PM
I would be happy of course

czgibson
11-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Greetings,

Why would practising Islam 'too much' be seen as weird for a Muslim? Is it possible to practise Islam too much?

Peace

IbnAbdulHakim
11-23-2007, 04:08 PM
i would be happy Alhamdulillaah, may Allaah cause us all to be happy because its more virtuous.

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah

The Ruler
11-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Option Z: Cheh + *amused smile*

-xRafeenax-
11-23-2007, 07:36 PM
I think i would be both because yeh at first i would be a little offended but after all they are doing something good by praying so hey!!

noorahmad
11-23-2007, 07:45 PM
i would be offended, maybe i'll get angry too, but afta some time i'll realise that i would be of the ghuraba!!!

Pk_#2
11-23-2007, 10:21 PM
Well am not an extremist, faaaaaaar from it, so i wouldn't practice Islam TOO MUCH, but if i practiced Islam abit and family got ticked off,

Then decided to be practicing themselves,

then i would kill them.

No i would not like them very much, for a LONG long LONG!! time.

Then I'll be happy after my tantrum lol

Nabooly
11-24-2007, 12:35 AM
B. I would be extremely happy. Look how many people youve put on the right path?

Then again its kinda hypocritical, bas you showed them the right way, el7amdillah.

princessz
11-24-2007, 12:44 AM
Actually, I can totally relate. I'm very happy for that change..
It is very hard to keep focused though..

Ummu Sufyaan
11-24-2007, 07:32 AM
so for everyone who said b, would you not at all feel even slightly offened. i mean, obviously over time, you'd be over it. but what about initially.

Danah
11-24-2007, 08:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
so for everyone who said b, would you not at all feel even slightly offened. i mean, obviously over time, you'd be over it. but what about initially.
well, I dont care of the other opinions as long as I am doing the right thing, I dont care at all
if it needs me to discuess them, it might goes to an argument,
but I think if someone do the right thing s/he will be strong and not waiting for the opinions of the others

but if they finally satisfued, I will feel proud since they are admitting that they were wrong at the first place.

but about feel slightly offened, at all I will be not, because I know that in any thing there is a different kinds of people opinions about that thing.
the same thing in practicing islam, not all the people are same. So, we have to expect that there must be some people thinking in specific way then they will change their mine if they realized that they were wrong.......very normal

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.