/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I marvel.. I wonder..

IbnAbdulHakim
11-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaah

A man once said to Ad-Dunya “I marvel at the fools who see, what you have done to others, and still desire you.”

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
11-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakaatuh

Al-Bukhari recorded that Abu Hurayrah said, "A man came to the Prophet and said, 'O Allah's Messenger! Poverty has stuck me.' The Prophet sent a messenger to his wives (to bring something for that man to eat) but they said that they had nothing.

"Then Allah's Messenger said, 'Who will invite this person or entertain him as a guest tonight; may Allah grant His mercy to him who does so.' An Ansari man said, 'I, O Allah's Messenger!' So he took him to his wife and said to her, 'Entertain the guest of Allah's Messenger generously.' She said, 'By Allah ! We have nothing except the meal for my children.' He said, 'Let your children sleep if they ask for supper. Then turn off the lamp and we go to bed tonight while hungry.' She did what he asked her to do."

"In the morning the Ansari went to Allah's Messenger who said, 'Allah wondered (favorably) or laughed at the action of so-and-so and his wife.' Then Allah revealed, 'and they give them preference over themselves even though they were in need of that.' (Surah al-Hashr:9)"

Al-Bukhari recorded this Hadith in another part of his Sahih. Muslim, At-Tirmidhi, An-Nasa'i collected this Hadith.

In another narration for this Hadith, the Companion's name was mentioned, it was Abu Talhah Al-Ansari, may Allah be pleased with him.

MinAhlilHadeeth
11-27-2007, 04:29 PM
:salamext:

SubhanAllah... jazakAllah khayr for the reminder.

Ibn Al Aqwa
11-28-2007, 10:23 AM
I have always been amazed at this sahabah, and this family

May Allah have mercy upon them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bint Haneef
11-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Assalamualaikum,

Since the previous post mentioned Abu Talha, can anyone tell me if there's any link here in this website where I can learn more about the life of the Sahabas...Jazakumullah

PS: I'm amazed by Jaabir Ibn Abdullah's story.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-28-2007, 10:41 AM

Well sister we have this:

http://www.seerah.net/salaf/archives/cat_sahaabah.html

and you can find far more in the biogrophies section of this forum inshaAllaah !

Ibn Al Aqwa
11-28-2007, 10:45 AM
There is a website dedicated to them!

http://www.sahaba.net/index.php

Wa Alaikum Salaam Wa Rehmatullah

Bint Haneef
11-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Jazaakallah Khairan

Can I tell you one thing? I'm not overstating but the few minutes I have spent visiting your website today (for the first time), I'm really happy, because I have seen people around here with genuine information on Islam and very inspiring sayings...I'm having a strange sensation in my heart..I wish (and I hope) Allaah bestows upon me such knowledge...

Jazakallaah loads

All the best

Ibn Al Aqwa
11-28-2007, 10:59 AM
^barakah...its a beatiful feeling...SubhanAllaah

IbnAbdulHakim
11-28-2007, 11:02 AM
may Allaah increase you in sakeena (inner contenment) and Ilm (knowledge) sister

Noor 13
11-29-2007, 03:25 PM
Jazak Allah for this story
Whenever I hear it it reminds me to be greatful of how much we are having
Alhamdullilah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.