/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello

transition?
11-24-2007, 01:52 AM
Hello, I'm Arshiya. I'm 16 and a junior in high school. I'm from the States. I joined a few months back but I haven't posted much. Well my story is: I haven't had the most religious upbringing. Sunday school didn't help. It was filled with a bunch of kids who were forced to go. and their was a lot of drama (the usual) at each and every one of them. I can't go back to the local mosque to get help b/c there isn't anyone I know who can help. For right now , I can't look up to living people as mentors, but I can always look up to the Prophets and scholars, unfortunately, I don't have a clue about them, and I don't know any specific books about them.
I finally got a teacher who inspired me about the beauty of Islam and taught me Arabic. but the teacher left to Saudi Arabia. It's been about a year. My family is more concerned about college. I haven't really told about them about how I feel about Islam and life yet. I've got a few problems that often times seem unbearable. But I think I once heard that Allah (SWT) Knowledge is everywhere. So in some book, sentence, forum, audio clip lay the answers. It seems that I don't really understand Arabic, it's hard to just go straight to the Qur'an to look for answers. I don't really have any Muslim friends and I don't know any that live close enough to help me.

Somehow I feel that I wrote too much

Assalamu'alaykum :happy:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-24-2007, 02:21 AM
salamz..enjoy your stay..

:w:

snakelegs
11-24-2007, 02:52 AM
[MOUSE]welcome![/MOUSE]

Al_Imaan
11-25-2007, 12:19 AM
:welcome: to the forum. Hope you have a beneficial stay.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
transition?
11-25-2007, 04:25 AM
hello again
Thank you everyone for your welcom.

I've already learned several things :okay:
I've been reading about the converts. Truly inspirational :happy:

transition?
11-25-2007, 04:26 AM
welcome*

Woodrow
11-25-2007, 04:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by transition?
hello again
Thank you everyone for your welcom.

I've already learned several things :okay:
I've been reading about the converts. Truly inspirational :happy:
Welcome to the forum. You will find many of us here are reverts and some of us have had experiences similar to yours. But, remember a Muslim is a Muslim and there is no difference between a 100 year old man who has practiced for life of a brand new teen age revert who has only been Muslim for a matter of seconds. We are all equals in the Ummah and all share the same beliefs.

transition?
11-25-2007, 04:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Welcome to the forum. You will find many of us here are reverts and some of us have had experiences similar to yours. But, remember a Muslim is a Muslim and there is no difference between a 100 year old man who has practiced for life of a brand new teen age revert who has only been Muslim for a matter of seconds. We are all equals in the Ummah and all share the same beliefs.
That was nicely said. :D

aljawaad
11-25-2007, 08:11 AM
Hve a beneficial stay..

transition?
11-25-2007, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aljawaad
Hve a beneficial stay..
Thank you :D

muslim1
11-25-2007, 11:09 PM
Dear sister ,
You are not alone in this world. Before your good brothers and sisters here, there will be God always with you along your way of life.

You are lucky you found Islam. The more you read and know about it, the more you ae convinced. :happy:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!