/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Child abuse

Bittersteel
11-24-2007, 01:38 PM
what do you think about Child abuse?do you think it's okay for the parents to beat their children and treat them like properties?
I am against it 100% and support all movements against child abuse.how about you?

what does Islam say about child abuse anyways?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
11-24-2007, 02:02 PM
:sl:

I am against it 100% and support all movements against child abuse.how about you?
Most people would still call me a 'child' so i am with you 100% :D

Heres what i found at IslamQA

Question:
Is it a sin to hit one's children by hand or stick. I only do this when I feel the child has not obeyed my instruction after several warnings. Also, is it a sin to lift a hand for one's wife. There are times when I feel that it should be done but have resisted thus far. As for the case of the children, I feel extremely guilty after the spanking given and beg The Almighty for his forgiveness if the act is wrong. Is there duaas which I may read daily for The Almighty to guide my children and bless them with good Aqaa'id?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

The father’s duty is to bring his children up well and to take care of them, and hitting may be used as a means of discipline when the situation requires that. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded us to smack children for not praying when they reach the age of ten, but this should be the last resort, when all others have failed, and there should be no harshness in the hitting, and we must not hit the face. The father should not hit his child at the time of extreme anger, or with a sharp instrument that may injure him, or with anything that may break bones, and he should not hit him in a place where a blow may be fatal. Brandishing the stick may be more effective than actually hitting. The point is that when disciplining his child, a father should follow the principle of using the gentlest means then the next gentlest; he should not resort to the harshest and most difficult means if he can achieve his aim with something that is easier and gentler.
Full Q&A

Bittersteel
11-24-2007, 02:05 PM
well that means no beating up ,right?

*KB*
11-24-2007, 02:16 PM
i guess so *puffs* (i really wanted to hit my brother then just kidding! love my family really, love em love em love em.)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AhlaamBella
11-24-2007, 02:18 PM
i don't know anyone who is for beating up a child.... except the "Imams" in the mosques wacking the kids with sticks if the recite even slightly wrong :hmm:

'Abd al-Baari
11-24-2007, 02:20 PM
:sl:

well that means no beating up ,right?
Yh i think so yh

I think its fair if you get maybe a small slap everynow and then from your dad or maybe evn yor Mosque teacher...but beating is totally wrong

Noor 13
11-25-2007, 09:33 PM
I am completely against beating children but I think to spank them as a last resort is ok.

chacha_jalebi
11-25-2007, 09:45 PM
eye for a eye tooth for a tooth :D

if a adult hits a child, i believe that adult should be beaten up aswell :p

and how can you want to hit a child man, with their small samosa like hands mashallah there so cute, and they are a blessing from Allah (swt)

you can discipline them, by talking to them, anyone would be preferred to talk to, then to be beaten

and kids should be allowed to mess about, thats what makes them kids, whats the point of havin dem borin kids who dont do nothin:p

but we need to look after our kids and beatin them is a big no no, always talk to them :D

bro add a poll and gettin people voting on it aswell

AhlaamBella
11-25-2007, 09:49 PM
Great points bro :thumbs_up
I'd rep you but I already did yesterday because of your big hint lol :p

Kittygyal
11-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Salamualikum.

I agree 100%, but on one condition i don't, If a child gets 'beaten' up then thats different to just spank them. If you don't spank ya child when they mess around then thats just a sign of 'Messing the child up' and once a child gets too much love and over the line then that child gets spoilt.

It's okay for a child to get told off or even a little tap, but i normally give my own neices and nephews grounding or if there under 5 sit on naughty step, i never beat them up but i do shout at them or some times a little slap on back.

Never hit a child on head it's dangerous.

Anywho, kids are kids end of day, and we ALL were once in there shoes aswel, bringing kids up aint easy it's hard for keeping the child in mothers belli for 9months so apprecite it and never hit 'em.

Ma'assalama

AhlaamBella
11-25-2007, 09:52 PM
even spanking isn't right. The prophet S.A.W said never to hit a child unless he refuses to pray, then it's a light tap with a miswak. And if you think about it, it's only at the age of about 7 a child should start praying.

Kittygyal
11-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Salamualikum.

Well i don't kill the hell out of them, but mostly i ground or nuaghty step, but when they get on my nerves i just tap on back but thats a 'One off'. Also my neices and nephews are Christains so thats a big deal for me and there already out of line and in ma bad books but i still love 'em!

Ma'assalama

snakelegs
11-25-2007, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aziz
what do you think about Child abuse?do you think it's okay for the parents to beat their children and treat them like properties?

what does Islam say about child abuse anyways?
how could anyone condone this?
i'd be willing to bet that islam does not think is ok either.

chosen
11-27-2007, 12:12 AM
hitting a child proves the weakness of the one doing the hitting. children need to be taught. remember one thing children are born knowing nothing. they must learn everything. Hitting promotes fear. a child should aways feel love from there parents. even when being disaplined. it is impossible to feel love when being hit. other forms of disapline are by far superior. Withholding toys, desserts, sending to the room, not allowing him/her to play with siblings friends.

Bittersteel
11-27-2007, 12:01 PM
i'd be willing to bet that islam does not think is ok either.
it's another of the gray areas.as you can see it's not totally forbidden,beating is advised for disciplining,something which is naturally misused.this is where I turn to secular laws sometimes.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.